PDA

View Full Version : pods in boatescape_5

alweky
23 Jun 2009, 11:48am
So what is the general rule here? usually there is like 3 people who would try too take a single pod, with one person getting control while the two others try glitch the person who controls the pod. Is it that the other players who do not have control over the pod, must leave?

GrayFox
23 Jun 2009, 12:00pm
First one in the pod gets control. If he has it, don't glitch them out and stay away from the pod. If someone steals your pod but your still flying it, just keep spinning it around in the air until they die, and then take it back.

PingPong
23 Jun 2009, 12:11pm
The pods are everyones game. Whoever gets control takes it and flys away, nothing else. If there is someone in your pod tell them to get out or glitch them out like grayfox said

Toxin
23 Jun 2009, 12:24pm
And if you are getting glitched by players you can get proof and get them banned (If you have control of the pod)

Metal
23 Jun 2009, 01:16pm
First one in the pod gets control. If he has it, don't glitch them out and stay away from the pod. If someone steals your pod but your still flying it, just keep spinning it around in the air until they die, and then take it back.

This. but if they tk you or something call a admin.

Shadowex3
23 Jun 2009, 01:56pm
And if you are getting glitched by players you can get proof and get them banned (If you have control of the pod)

This. Pilot owns the pod, and because of the way they heal the pilot you can't really fly it with more than 1 person in it. Anyone else trying to get in or refusing to get out is considered glitching, screeny/demo it.

The trick to getting away quickly is to +use the controls the instant you land inside and immediately hold both mousebuttons. Before you turn weapons on (red button) the right mouse button makes you fly straight up, hitting both and spinning around tends to knock everyone else off.

Just whatever you do don't try to turn weps on and kill everyone near you.

Huwajux
24 Jun 2009, 01:42am
This. Pilot owns the pod, and because of the way they heal the pilot you can't really fly it with more than 1 person in it. Anyone else trying to get in or refusing to get out is considered glitching, screeny/demo it.

The trick to getting away quickly is to +use the controls the instant you land inside and immediately hold both mousebuttons. Before you turn weapons on (red button) the right mouse button makes you fly straight up, hitting both and spinning around tends to knock everyone else off.

Just whatever you do don't try to turn weps on and kill everyone near you.
That could be problematic. Since a bunch of people try and get on the pod, they tend to spam the red button and this kind of screws the pilot up. If someone jumped in and hit both buttons it could get ugly.

alweky
24 Jun 2009, 04:22am
But generally a lot of times i can't control a pod fast enough before someone else gets in my pod. I usually tell them too leave, but most of the time they just stay there hoping too glitch me out which usually happens... I do try too glitch them out but it usually causes me too glitch out too...

EVERYONE does this, ive had an admin do this too me :O

Lefty
24 Jun 2009, 06:26am
Sometimes they can be a real jerk and shoot your pod..

andre1028
24 Jun 2009, 07:11am
That could be problematic. Since a bunch of people try and get on the pod, they tend to spam the red button and this kind of screws the pilot up. If someone jumped in and hit both buttons it could get ugly.

Well what I usually do in this kind of situation is when I'm driving I tend to spin the pod in circles going up and down until the person either leaves, glitches out, or dies :smile:. Besides, right click isn't the only way to lift your pod so don't have to worry about team killing if someone spams your red button. You can use the pod's maneuvering feature to go up.

Jazz
24 Jun 2009, 09:14am
I just do not understand how to drive those!