PDA

View Full Version : Advertising

MPQC
23 Jun 2009, 08:26am
Well, people on deathrun will come in and say "Want to go to my server?", then if anyone says yes, they will add each other, and move along by communicating through steam friends. Is this allowed?

Dracula
23 Jun 2009, 08:28am
Id say it depends on how they are doin it, if they are just spammin come to my server then no. But if they are just talking to somebody they like I really dont see a problem.

Crimson
23 Jun 2009, 08:45am
Sample One: "Hey my friend that I've known for nearly 8 years, want to go back to my server and play GG?" <--- Thats Okay.

Sample Two: "Hey Bitch, Heres My IP to my Server <Inert IP>, Leave this shit server and join mine" <---Not Okay, Take demo/screenshot and post it up on the forums.

If they are putting the IP in the chat and trying to pull players from our servers to theirs, then take screenies. If they are just talking to it about to their friend, then its fine IMO.

Dracula
23 Jun 2009, 09:00am
Sample One: "Hey my friend that I've known for nearly 8 years, want to go back to my server and play GG?" <--- Thats Okay.

Sample Two: "Hey Bitch, Heres My IP to my Server <Inert IP>, Leave this shit server and join mine" <---Not Okay, Take demo/screenshot and post it up on the forums.

If they are putting the IP in the chat and trying to pull players from our servers to theirs, then take screenies. If they are just talking to it about to their friend, then its fine IMO.

This.

andre1028
23 Jun 2009, 09:23am
If no IP or website is presented and it's just between a couple of players that already know each other I see no problem.

If someone joins with the name "Go to 'xwebsite.com'" or "Go to 'X-IP'" then I ban them.

MPQC
23 Jun 2009, 09:59am
As it seems, it's not between people that know each other. It's basically:

Person X: "Hey, anyone want to come to my server?"
Person Y: "Sure, what's the IP?"
Person X: "Add me to friends list so I can tell you it"
Person Y: "Added"
Person X & Y Have left the game

That's what happened this morning, at least.

Crimson
23 Jun 2009, 10:07am
As it seems, it's not between people that know each other. It's basically:

That's what happened this morning, at least.

That's fine with me, since he didn't say the IP in chat box or over voice.

Haggard
23 Jun 2009, 10:17am
That is still kinda advertising since he is asking "anyone" want to come to my server thus meaning he does not already know those people and wants them to leave us to go to his server. I dont know if I would ban for that but it is still a low blow IMO. I would say as long as a website or IP is not given you kinda have to leave it alone, but when someone says that you should say "Want to join one of SG's other 12 servers, add me to friends."

Metal
23 Jun 2009, 10:54am
That is still kinda advertising since he is asking "anyone" want to come to my server thus meaning he does not already know those people and wants them to leave us to go to his server. I dont know if I would ban for that but it is still a low blow IMO. I would say as long as a website or IP is not given you kinda have to leave it alone, but when someone says that you should say "Want to join one of SG's other 12 servers, add me to friends."

Right there.
But if there are 3 friends in DR and one of them tells them go to *IP HERE* thats fine.
I can understand this and it only happens a few times.

Caution
23 Jun 2009, 04:57pm
One of the head guys over at M.I.A. was banned forever from our servers for the same thing, adding people and sending the IP's (including myself). And this was before we had any issues really with M.I.A....actually, I think this might have started it.

I think it depends on the situation and the proof you have.

Sgt_Church
7 Jul 2009, 10:50am
This is where I come in, I just joined the site because of this. For some reason I joined the server after about 2 days after I asked my friends in the server if they wanted to follow me to mine, I was banned. I searched my name church and apparently I was banned by SkyHigh or HighSky, I forget what exactly his name was, but I checked the site and found out he banned me for no real good reason. Im not the aggressive type so I didnt report it, but all i did was ask my friends that followed me into SteamGamers Deathrun, if they wanted to follow me to my JB server. Bit annoying to be banned for a week for no reason isnt it? :mad2:

Crimson
7 Jul 2009, 01:46pm
This is where I come in, I just joined the site because of this. For some reason I joined the server after about 2 days after I asked my friends in the server if they wanted to follow me to mine, I was banned. I searched my name church and apparently I was banned by SkyHigh or HighSky, I forget what exactly his name was, but I checked the site and found out he banned me for no real good reason. Im not the aggressive type so I didnt report it, but all i did was ask my friends that followed me into SteamGamers Deathrun, if they wanted to follow me to my JB server. Bit annoying to be banned for a week for no reason isnt it? :mad2:

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h48/Firey_Defeat/deathrun_indianajones_v50000-1.png

That's why you were banned.

Sgt_Church
7 Jul 2009, 01:56pm
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h48/Firey_Defeat/deathrun_indianajones_v50000-1.png

That's why you were banned.

If you had heard my microphone I had asked the admin who was on, if i could post it. I told him that my Shift+Tab steam was broken and I asked him If i could use my bind, he said he didnt care. I forget which admin was on that allowed me though. :blink:

Crimson
7 Jul 2009, 02:00pm
If you had heard my microphone I had asked the admin who was on, if i could post it. I told him that my Shift+Tab steam was broken and I asked him If i could use my bind, he said he didnt care. I forget which admin was on that allowed me though. :blink:

The admin was breaking rule, and if you have his name+Proof, please post it.

Sgt_Church
7 Jul 2009, 02:01pm
Im unbanned now so I really dont have to persue this any further anyway.