PDA

View Full Version : L4D2 or New Content?

Bill Smauz
17 Jun 2009, 09:21am
Do you think that they should make L4D2 and make us pay for another $50 or just add new content to the current L4D? Personally I feel ValvE sucks right now. What are they thinking making L4D2 before a year? They should stop wasting their time making pointless games and make games people really want to play like a new version of Counter-Strike or Half-Life.

Itch
17 Jun 2009, 09:27am
L4D was fun.. got old quick.. I would like to see more content.. but would also like to see a sequel. I'm cheap.. I didn't buy L4D until it was less than $25. And probably would do the same with a sequel.

I do think it's a bit early for a sequel.. it's not as bad as the Unreal Tournament 2003 to 2004 releases. That one pissed a ton of people that followed the franchise due to the bug fix / small update that was released as an entirely different game 6 months later.

Frostbyte
17 Jun 2009, 09:34am
I want Left 4 Dead 2. I want to start fresh again, because the original got repetitive so quick BECAUSE of the lack of content that should have been with the retail. Im hoping that L4D 2 will come with the SDK so that new content can and will be available within the first week/month of the game's release.

BOOWY
17 Jun 2009, 11:16am
What kills me is that the SDK is supposed to be compatible with both L4D and L4D2. There's absolutely no reason why L4D2 couldn't have been an expansion. L4D is done once L4D2 arrives. If it were an expansion, you'd have 8 campaigns, 8 characters, one community, and the old campaigns would get the new guns and new baddies. Now we're getting two communities with 4 campaigns and 4 characters each, one of which will have a significantly smaller audience(I don't believe the boycott will actually happen).

I feel cheesed for having payed full price for L4D. Granted I've gotten my money's worth in hours playing the game but it still doesn't change the fact that there's less than 4 hours of content in L4D, a list of guns(in size) fit for a game in the mid-90s, and the 'randomness' of the game is a joke when you have audio cues telling you everything ahead of time.

Jaffa
17 Jun 2009, 01:25pm
I'm reserving my judgement till i know more about L4D2

One thing to think about though is that L4D was a bigger hit on xbox than pc. The new content proposed in L4D2 would be too big to download for xbox update, which is possibly why they are bringing out a sequel.

Italian Jew
17 Jun 2009, 01:39pm
The new content proposed in L4D2 would be too big to download for xbox update, which is possibly why they are bringing out a sequel.

You can download entire games on Xbox. The additional content would not amount to an entire new game. Even if it did, it would still be possible for download. The size is not the issue.

Daze
17 Jun 2009, 01:42pm
I won't be buying L4D2 even if it gets amazing reviews. I've lost my trust in Valve for the time being.

Silentfaith
17 Jun 2009, 03:12pm
They shouldn't charge us anything for this.. its just a update.. if they do charge us it better not be $50.00

The first left 4 dead, like others stated above did get old fast, same maps, same guns blah blah. They need to be more creative and add a shit load of maps and more things you can do, better weapons etc.

I will prob buy it regardless of price tho ^-^

MtrxMn
20 Jun 2009, 06:43pm
Do you think that they should make L4D2 and make us pay for another $50 or just add new content to the current L4D? Personally I feel ValvE sucks right now. What are they thinking making L4D2 before a year? They should stop wasting their time making pointless games and make games people really want to play like a new version of Counter-Strike or Half-Life.

We'd probably have Half Life 2 Episode 3 by now if Valve didn't turn into EA and make a new game for one franchise every year.

Bad Dog
21 Jun 2009, 04:29pm
I won't be buying L4D2 even if it gets amazing reviews. I've lost my trust in Valve for the time being.

Why? What do they actually owe you? Why should they lose money by putting all the new content, half of which hasnt even been revealed yet, as downloadable conent? I mean seriously there is going to be a whole lot of new shit besides new weapons/maps and waaay to much to be released as DLC. Think about it, why should they release all of this stuff for free and lose money? Thats bull dude. I dont think you understand that Valve is a business, and to stay a business they need to make money. And they cant make money by releasing this new game in the form of free downloadable content. If you actually watch videos/ read up on the game you see this is a whole new game. YES same premise/core gameplay but they changed a lot of stuff, and not just the obvious changes like setting/characters.

Italian Jew
21 Jun 2009, 04:31pm
Why? What do they actually owe you? Why should they lose money by putting all the new content, half of which hasnt even been revealed yet, as downloadable conent? I mean seriously there is going to be a whole lot of new shit besides new weapons/maps and waaay to much to be released as DLC. Think about it, why should they release all of this stuff for free and lose money? Thats bull dude. I dont think you understand that Valve is a business, and to stay a business they need to make money. And they cant make money by releasing this new game in the form of free downloadable content. If you actually watch videos/ read up on the game you see this is a whole new game. YES same premise/core gameplay but they changed a lot of stuff, and not just the obvious changes like setting/characters.

They could charge for the DLC. Make it an expansion, not an entire new game.

Look at Rockstar. They made the new parts of GTA IV DLC, but they also charged a fair price for it. They aren't full new games that are redesigned, but they added new characters, new experiences, new weapons, and gameplay tweaks. Rockstar recognized this, so instead of being douche bags, they charged only $20 for the content instead of $60.

Bad Dog
21 Jun 2009, 05:59pm
They could charge for the DLC. Make it an expansion, not an entire new game.

Look at Rockstar. They made the new parts of GTA IV DLC, but they also charged a fair price for it. They aren't full new games that are redesigned, but they added new characters, new experiences, new weapons, and gameplay tweaks. Rockstar recognized this, so instead of being douche bags, they charged only $20 for the content instead of $60.

Yes but I believe L4D 2 is going to be a lot more than The Lost and Damned or the Ballad of Gay Tony

Italian Jew
21 Jun 2009, 07:03pm
Yes but I believe L4D 2 is going to be a lot more than The Lost and Damned or the Ballad of Gay Tony

It looks to be enough for an expansion, not a whole other game.

Dante
21 Jun 2009, 07:33pm
I'm bored of L4D it's old news now, they're just tyring to rush shit, so it'll prolly suck, but who knows.

Bad Dog
21 Jun 2009, 07:37pm
It looks to be enough for an expansion, not a whole other game.

What we know SO FAR: New special boss zombie. New weapons. New ammo types. Melee Weapons. ALL new maps (City where infection hasnt hit). New cresendo moments (Hit switch to stop zombies, run to rescue not wait). New characters. More character dialogue. Improved AI Director can control enviornment. Daylight maps. New zombie behaviors in daylight (Witches move around.) New COMMON infected (Hazmat suit zombies). All maps to be Vs. compatible.

What we know will come: New game mode. 5 maps. New special zombies. Pick up improvements to the core equipment (EX: Special Ammo. No new items annoucned I think.)

What we can expect: More special ammo types. More melee weapons. More new guns. More new common infected (Bulletproof zombies, melee proof zombies.) More new daytime behavior changes in zombies. More AI director changes? New different cresendo moments. More new grenades.

PingPong
21 Jun 2009, 09:41pm
Knowing valve and there REALLY LONG ass new realease times it surprised they released a sequel to a game this quick. Im asthounished

Italian Jew
21 Jun 2009, 10:25pm
What we know SO FAR: New special boss zombie. New weapons. New ammo types. Melee Weapons. ALL new maps (City where infection hasnt hit). New cresendo moments (Hit switch to stop zombies, run to rescue not wait). New characters. More character dialogue. Improved AI Director can control enviornment. Daylight maps. New zombie behaviors in daylight (Witches move around.) New COMMON infected (Hazmat suit zombies). All maps to be Vs. compatible.

What we know will come: New game mode. 5 maps. New special zombies. Pick up improvements to the core equipment (EX: Special Ammo. No new items annoucned I think.)

What we can expect: More special ammo types. More melee weapons. More new guns. More new common infected (Bulletproof zombies, melee proof zombies.) More new daytime behavior changes in zombies. More AI director changes? New different cresendo moments. More new grenades.

All of which could have been added under an expansion pack and not an entire new game. They did not rewrite the entire game. They just added and tweaked a few things. However, if they combined the first games maps, characters, and made it so it was ONE community, then it would be appropriate to make a sequel.

So far, it sounds like a $30 game for the upcoming content. Packaging it to make L4D and L4d2 compatible would make the game easier to stomach at $50-$60.

Runski
22 Jun 2009, 04:10am
Need more characters to choose from... anyways, I want L4D2, cause you can't always trust DLC, it's add-ons that they say will be worth it, and it gets old quick. Example: Fable 2 and the DLC that you can download, sure it's fun, but after you've done it there is no need for it anymore.

Kamakazii101
22 Jun 2009, 08:00am
I would rather it be added content through some sort of patch, or expansion pack. I would not purchase it if it were made into L4D 2, seems like a waste of money to me if the first one sucked.

Dropdead
22 Jun 2009, 12:33pm
first L4D was awesome and i hope L4D 2 is even better!

Octa
22 Jun 2009, 12:47pm
i, unfortunatly, cant play l4d on my computer. I HAVE it, but it doesnt work because my computer is a peice of shit. but ive played it more than a few times for 360 (i have a ps3).
i dont like expansion packs, i find them useless and almost never worth it. and to add some of this new stuff, they would hav to rewrite the foundations of the first game. I think they should come out with a l4d2, and maybe by that time ill have a better computer. :ohwell:

Silverman
27 Jun 2009, 11:19pm
L4D2 sounds cool... but I don't like more than 1 number in my acronyms. :) Anyway, I saw the preview and I don't like the new people. Meh. I am a little old of L4D1 and I have only played through each campaign once.

Mcbride
27 Jun 2009, 11:43pm
id rather just have new content...i heard they were gonna add it...did they ever add it?

Tyler
28 Jun 2009, 12:05am
I want new content, I have it on 360 so i dont get the maps and things people make and have to play the same maps over and over it gets boring really fast, plus its to soon for another one to come out.

MtrxMn
28 Jun 2009, 04:59pm
Just wondering, are the graphics going to be updated at all?
Yay 200th post! Half way there

Bad Dog
28 Jun 2009, 05:17pm
All of which could have been added under an expansion pack and not an entire new game. They did not rewrite the entire game. They just added and tweaked a few things. However, if they combined the first games maps, characters, and made it so it was ONE community, then it would be appropriate to make a sequel.

So far, it sounds like a $30 game for the upcoming content. Packaging it to make L4D and L4d2 compatible would make the game easier to stomach at $50-$60.

False. They are adding 5 new maps, and of the like 2 they have talked about it already sounds like their pushing the boundaries of what we've seen in L4D 2. Not to sound like a broken record, but they've changed a lot from things like dialogue, zombie models, map design, AI Directoring, a lot of shit. And theres still like 4 more maps to actually SEE what theyre doing with the game, so far we've only seen the 1 map, the Parish. And they also say the games going to have more of a story between the maps this time. So while on the surface it seems like its just updates, there is a lot of new added stuff. You know, in my book the release of a Triple A titles sequal within a year of the firsts release sounds great.

TheTruth
28 Jun 2009, 05:55pm
I'd rather have new content because its cheaper.

zapper
28 Jun 2009, 06:22pm
they say they are makin g a new content cause they have new monsters,weapon characters etc...

Xtrm
29 Jun 2009, 12:09am
I wish it was downloadable content. But eh.

Tyler
29 Jun 2009, 01:11am
Just wondering, are the graphics going to be updated at all?
Yay 200th post! Half way there

I dont think so, it looks like its gonna look like TF2 kinda
HCFKr97iHC8

Slash/
30 Jun 2009, 07:26am
Valve really screwed up their whole image with this ordeal. They will add tons of content to a $20 game (TF2), but they won't make any sort of effort to add content to a $50 title. I lost hope in L4D when they released the SDK beta so many months after release. The way I see it, now that I have killing floor, I don't need or care about L4D anymore.

Jaffa
30 Jun 2009, 07:36am
Once again, its being released as a new game because it sold a lot better on xbox than pc. Therefore, it would be better to release a new game, rather than have xbox users download several gigs of new content onto their xboxes.

Also, console users are more willing to buy a new version of a game, even if its only a year since release.

2 Dwarves, 1 Coat
30 Jun 2009, 07:43am
L4D sucked on Xbox, ValvE needs to stick with supporting their huge PC playerbase. They will make more money with a full blown sequel, but then, what ever happened to Gabe Newell's "Entertainment as a service" philosophy, and "Instead of saying 'How much should we charge for this?, saying 'Why would we charge for that?' way of thinking. That last sentence is confusing, I know. In the end it's good for them to make money, but they were making plenty already, and this whole L4D2 annoucement has really hurt their image with devoted ValvE fans who in which each one was already buying their hundreds of dollars worth of PC games anyhow.

Jaffa
30 Jun 2009, 08:22am
How would they make more money by sticking with L4d 1? I think most peoples complaints baout them bringing out a sequel is that its seen as a way to make MORE money. Just having L4D1 and a playerbase there doesn't make much cash compared to multi-system game sales.

The xbox version has much more of a L4D community simply because the server selection works better for xbox than pc, xbox players are more used to the random server selection than pc players.
L4D as a game is dying on PC, about 70% of servers available upon and shortly after release have now shutdown, if they had announced steady dlc releases instead of a new game, like they did with TF2, the game would probably be server dead in a few months from now.

MtrxMn
30 Jun 2009, 09:30pm
L4D sucked on Xbox, ValvE needs to stick with supporting their huge PC playerbase. They will make more money with a full blown sequel, but then, what ever happened to Gabe Newell's "Entertainment as a service" philosophy, and "Instead of saying 'How much should we charge for this?, saying 'Why would we charge for that?' way of thinking. That last sentence is confusing, I know. In the end it's good for them to make money, but they were making plenty already, and this whole L4D2 annoucement has really hurt their image with devoted ValvE fans who in which each one was already buying their hundreds of dollars worth of PC games anyhow.

What sucks about Left 4 Dead on Xbox? Other than the common why computer games are better argument

2 Dwarves, 1 Coat
1 Jul 2009, 08:06am
How would they make more money by sticking with L4d 1?

I never said they would make more money with L4D1, I clearly stated that a sequel would be more profitable.

What sucks about Left 4 Dead on Xbox? Other than the common why computer games are better argument Ask yourself which you'd rather play on, then think of why. You'll have your answer.

Solution: Priced L4D2 DLC for PC users, seperate title for Xbox users. Someone tell me why i'm wrong, because I barely thought about that.

Jaffa
1 Jul 2009, 08:16am
but they were making plenty already

I was referring to that, because hte truth is they aren't making much money now from it

Priced L4D2 DLC is an eays option to say, but we have no idea whats actually fully going into 2, and how it differs from 1. Would DLC (for which they are making 2) alter the gameplay of 1 so much that the origional campaigns won't work with it? If they have to edit these campaigns to make them work with new stuff, thats less time they are spending on new campaigns. Not to mention changes to maps for versus and survival as well.

MtrxMn
1 Jul 2009, 08:58am
Thats what i was saying though. Left 4 Dead on Xbox was not as good as the PC version but it definately did not "suck"

2 Dwarves, 1 Coat
1 Jul 2009, 10:35am
I was referring to that, because hte truth is they aren't making much money now from it

I was exaggerating there. I admit it would've been easier if I said "They aren't exactly going bankrupt."

Thats what i was saying though. Left 4 Dead on Xbox was not as good as the PC version but it definately did not "suck"

I personally think all FPS games on Xbox suck, but that's because i'm a PC gamer, and I can't compare the two without thinking the console title is lacking.

Italian Jew
1 Jul 2009, 10:41am
I personally think all FPS games on Xbox suck, but that's because i'm a PC gamer, and I can't compare the two without thinking the console title is lacking.

You just suck with a controller.

Ultramarine
1 Jul 2009, 10:47am

This... pretty much...

2 Dwarves, 1 Coat
2 Jul 2009, 03:51am

When it comes to FPS games, I totally agree.

MtrxMn
2 Jul 2009, 12:31pm
The annoying part is my Left 4 Dead is gonna be useless after only a year D:

Undercover
3 Jul 2009, 02:06pm
they should just make the new content free but they might lose some money

MtrxMn
3 Jul 2009, 04:13pm
they should just make the new content free but they might lose some money

Thats the thing i always liked about Valve is how they're not money hungry whores. We get constant updates for free most of the time.

OMG 300th post , almost there

Krazy
17 Jul 2009, 12:49pm
I really don't see why people are getting so upset about L4D2 coming out 1 year after the original. The second game will have some major improvements over the first including, A more refined director system, new weapons, new boss zombies, and new campaigns. Personally i believe that the reason valve is making L4D2 is simply to expand on the story, something that they could not do with the original game due to the location that the game takes place at.

Another thing that really annoys me about people getting mad about L4D2 coming out too early is the fact that they believe that L4D lost all the support from valve. (No new DLC) However, this is not the case.

"Doug Lombardi told CVG that plans are in the works to bolster the support of the original game for both the PC and 360. "We plan to keep supporting Left 4 Dead 1. There will be some announcements coming before summer's out about what's coming there, and then we haven't shown everything that's in Left 4 Dead 2 yet," Lombardi said.

Lombardi also took a little time to address the furor of the fans over the announcement of the Left 4 Dead sequel so soon after the release of the first game, highlighting that he believes that some of the angered fans will understand what the company was trying to do. "I think 8, 9 months from now once everything's been out for a while and everyone's had time to see the complete product of Left 4 Dead 2 and see continued support for Left 4 Dead 1, they may sort of see what we were up to and what the method of our madness was there."

Quoted from: http://videogames.yahoo.com/news-1332045

+ if u guys think that you got screwed with L4D1, think about this. I bought the original L4D on the Xbox360 and we have NO support for the game what-so-ever. We can't even play community made maps like PC owners of the game can. So before you complain about L4D2 coming out it could be worse, you could have bought L4D1 on the 360.

Creeping Death
17 Jul 2009, 12:56pm
new content. l4d 2 is still a while away. but come one all l4d had 1 big update and the was survival wit last stand

Jaffa
17 Jul 2009, 01:36pm
what do you mean only one big update>????

have you not been playing all the brand new user created campaigns? There are about 7-8 new campaigns which are really good

Danny G
17 Jul 2009, 01:49pm
Keep the current L4D and just upgrade things, like add new weps, new campaigns and stuff instead of making a new one and waste another 50 bucks on it.

b0red
17 Jul 2009, 05:25pm
maybe they should just release it as a dlc but we pay for it. Anyway it goes i really dont care because ill get the game by any means

BOOWY
18 Jul 2009, 01:32am
I read in an article somewhere that L4D simply is not that easy to add content to, not like Team Fortress 2 is. Some Valve guy said that you couldn't upgrade a part of L4D without upgrading several other parts in the process to support it. Remember that Turtle Rock Studios started L4D and probably wrote the majority of the game before Valve took over. L4D2 hopefully will be built more like TF2 where it's easy to add to it.

I'm still angry at Valve that they didn't throw us a bone in the flavor of a new campaign or two, but whatever. I'm in favor of shedding a little more light on the story, but cutscenes... just no. Watching the vehicles escape at the end of each campaign has gotten really old, any kind of cutscene would just be unbearable after the fourth or fifth time watching them.

I just wish they had more interesting looking characters in L4D2. The ones in the first game had great personalities... Louis to me was a little lacking, but all around they were great. The big guy could be good, mix Fat Albert with the heavy in TF2 n' give him a little southern flavor and I think you have a winner there. The chick looks like your typical head-bobbing, finger snapping megabitch which will be novel for awhile but I have a feeling she'll get on my nerves quick. The suit guy or whatever looks like he has zero personality and the dude in the hat will be outshined by TF2's scout if that's what Valve is going for.

I don't see a lot of chemistry going on between the characters either. It always makes me smile whenever the old characters crack on Bill when a set of stairs comes up or the Bill and Francis banter in the elevator in No Mercy. I think every two or three months they should get the voice actors back in the studio and sneak some new lines in every now and then. It's really novel to hear lines you've never heard before after playing the game for so long and thinking you've heard it all.

Runski
18 Jul 2009, 10:08am
I say in L4D2, you should be able to choose from 8 characters, but play with 4. Choose from L4D1's Bill, Louis, Francis, and Zoey and L4D2's Characters.
Or hell be like most Tom Clancy games and give us customizable characters. <--- I like that Idea

raven maniac
18 Jul 2009, 10:51am
I just got my new Game Informer (If you're not subscribed to this, then wtfux are you waiting for??!!" and someone wrote a complaint about it and it got shot down because that kid did exactly what we're doing....complaining without knowledge of the new additions to gameplay & the editing they've done to the director.

The director also now effects the weather which can change the path of a level so you don't end up playing with the same route every time. You already knew about the director sending things your way if you camp too long so I don't have to say that.

Each melee weapon has it's own special ability, EG... The frying pan can clear a path by knocking zombies back & the axe, if you sneak up on a witch, can kill her in 1 hit.

There's also 5 new campaigns, more than 3 new enemy types, & a whole new multiplayer mode which the developer wouldn't talk about. (Taken straight from Game Informer.)

After reading this article, I must admit I was one of the ones saying I wont buy, but I will be buying l4d 2. When it comes out I'm hoping the rest of you will join me because what the hell, it's zombies....why not?

There's also articles in this month's edition about E3, Bioshock 2, Halo3 ODST, & a bunch of other mainstream names like the new Metal Gear Solid, the new final fantasy, BF 1943. They review games and give them rating as well & their ratings are top notch.

There's also a new game coming out called Alan Wake, game looks badass and I think I might be picking that one up as well.

If you don't feel like subscribing(cheap bastard) then go to your local Gamestop and drop $6.00 on this months copy with "RAGE" on the cover, it's well worth the money and gives in-depth reviews/ratings & sneak peaks.

Kennith
18 Jul 2009, 10:55am
I was planning to buy it from the time I knew there was going to be a L4D2.

RedOctober
20 Jul 2009, 09:13pm
I just got my new Game Informer (If you're not subscribed to this, then wtfux are you waiting for??!!" and someone wrote a complaint about it and it got shot down because that kid did exactly what we're doing....complaining without knowledge of the new additions to gameplay & the editing they've done to the director.

The director also now effects the weather which can change the path of a level so you don't end up playing with the same route every time. You already knew about the director sending things your way if you camp too long so I don't have to say that.

Each melee weapon has it's own special ability, EG... The frying pan can clear a path by knocking zombies back & the axe, if you sneak up on a witch, can kill her in 1 hit.

There's also 5 new campaigns, more than 3 new enemy types, & a whole new multiplayer mode which the developer wouldn't talk about. (Taken straight from Game Informer.)

After reading this article, I must admit I was one of the ones saying I wont buy, but I will be buying l4d 2. When it comes out I'm hoping the rest of you will join me because what the hell, it's zombies....why not?

There's also articles in this month's edition about E3, Bioshock 2, Halo3 ODST, & a bunch of other mainstream names like the new Metal Gear Solid, the new final fantasy, BF 1943. They review games and give them rating as well & their ratings are top notch.

There's also a new game coming out called Alan Wake, game looks badass and I think I might be picking that one up as well.

If you don't feel like subscribing(cheap bastard) then go to your local Gamestop and drop $6.00 on this months copy with "RAGE" on the cover, it's well worth the money and gives in-depth reviews/ratings & sneak peaks.

thanks raven, ive been following this thread and someone finally posts something with real fact.

ive been looking for that info! :)

Spliff
20 Jul 2009, 09:48pm
I know I want L4D2 because I really liked the first one.

2 Dwarves, 1 Coat
20 Jul 2009, 11:39pm

"Because it's not like more L4D is a bad thing." GI ftw, but they always hype games to make them look good, even when the games suck horribly (ie Too Human).

raven maniac
21 Jul 2009, 01:47am
"Because it's not like more L4D is a bad thing." GI ftw, but they always hype games to make them look good, even when the games suck horribly (ie Too Human).

it all depends on who's doing the review. :\

Frostbyte
21 Jul 2009, 05:20am
it all depends on who's doing the review. :\

I tend to like Adam's & Reiners reviews the most.

raven maniac
21 Jul 2009, 09:44am
I tend to like Adam's & Reiners reviews the most.

100% agree with you Frostbyte, After I look at the title I check out who's doing the review and if it's Reiner or Adam then I'll read it knowing the there's someone with knowledge writing the review.

For example, in the new one Reiner gave Prototype a 7.25. That's what I like about them both is that they'll tell you how it really is and not sugar coat it with a frosty topping. The sad part is I agree with him, my lil bro bought Prototype, and don't get me wrong it's fun but you seem to be doing the same things over and over.

Kato is another reviewer I like, but I mostly see him do sports/fighting games. He also tends to be one of the people it's easy to get a good score out of but whatever, if it's football or UFC then it doesn't really matter how high/low you rate it because I'm buying it. Although I'm trading in my madden 09 for madden 10 and stopping at that one just so I can get the new rookies, after that it's no more Maddens for me.

Jaffa
22 Jul 2009, 05:44am
http://uk.pc.ign.com/articles/100/1005975p1.html

New stuff they mention:

campaign set in swamp environment
stronger minigun that has limited ammo
special common zombies are unique to each campaign, hazmat zombies are only in the Parish campaign, the swamp campaign has zombies which hide in the mud, and partially blind you when they hit you
new special zombie: the spitter, they spit a fiery acid attack over long distances. If you're hit by them you take some damage, and when their spit hits the ground it sets fire to an area of ground for 5-10 seconds
adrenaline injectors: lets you bull rush through zombies, used like pills
explosive ammo

Movement
22 Jul 2009, 07:53am
im actually starting to lean for L4D 2

Jaffa
22 Jul 2009, 08:02am
They have more weapons, 3 more campaigns, new special and common zombies, a new multiplayer mode, more ammo, and a much more developed ai manager to announce :)

Loganator456
31 Jul 2009, 06:24am
I'm actually really excited for Left 4 Dead 2. I'm buying it anyways.

JoniX
1 Aug 2009, 12:13pm
I read something that theres DLC coming in a week is it true?
And some link about "The Spitter"
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/l4d2-boycotter-invented-spitter

Marquis Posa
2 Aug 2009, 06:12am
I read something that theres DLC coming in a week is it true?
And some link about "The Spitter"
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/l4d2-boycotter-invented-spitter
valve told us there would be an announcement in the week after comic con.
in an email someone from valve said its delayed (the announcement).
the spitter is the second new boss infected in l4d2.
if you want to see l4d2 gameplay videos you should check this thread:
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=883810
you can find spitter pictures and ingame footage in the newest videos.

JD0102
2 Aug 2009, 06:41am

i agree it is too soon to make a sequal why not just update the xbox and comp versions?

Jazz
3 Aug 2009, 10:08am
No. $50 no. + I don't it will be a mass difference from the original L4D.

2 Dwarves, 1 Coat
3 Aug 2009, 03:12pm
I'm warming up to L4D 2, of course I was going to buy it anyway, but now I feel I'll hate it less.

The new Nick character is cool, reminds me of me. "Shoot me again, do it, c'mon, I dare you!"

Changes to the director to change the level structure are probably the biggest reason for my

change of heart, if it's a cheap, predictable change, I'll be somewhat pissed, but hey, 5 new campaigns......

Bullet Wound
3 Aug 2009, 03:21pm
Both,

L4D2 has gameplay changed so it should be fun,

But L4D should still have the developers attention and not be deserted.

BORN A REBEL
3 Aug 2009, 05:51pm
i agree

awesomebillfromdawsonvile
3 Aug 2009, 07:17pm
fuk l4d, such a let down. i cant belive they are already putting out another. The first l4d just about killed napalm and it got old so fast. ill never forgive valve for that.

i have not touched it since 1 month after its release, did they ever add more levels for multiplayer? or is it just the 2? If not thenthat should be a major sign to ppl, DONT BUY L4D2!!!

they are simply gonna release another crap game with 1/2 the content it should have bcuz they are so sure that ppl are stupid and will buy it.

PROVE THEM WRONG! YOU DONT NEED THAT SHIT.

:msg brought to you by the ply moar naplam society of the internetz. PLAY MOAR NAPALM!!

Jaffa
3 Aug 2009, 08:09pm
Left4Dead was No.3 in gamespy's game of the year (PC), and was the PC action game of the year

Incidently, there are a lot of posts in this thread with info about l4d and l4d2, i'd suggest reading them before posting

Hazardous
3 Aug 2009, 08:11pm
fuk l4d, such a let down. i cant belive they are already putting out another. The first l4d just about killed napalm and it got old so fast. ill never forgive valve for that.

i have not touched it since 1 month after its release, did they ever add more levels for multiplayer? or is it just the 2? If not thenthat should be a major sign to ppl, DONT BUY L4D2!!!

they are simply gonna release another crap game with 1/2 the content it should have bcuz they are so sure that ppl are stupid and will buy it.

PROVE THEM WRONG! YOU DONT NEED THAT SHIT.

:msg brought to you by the ply moar naplam society of the internetz. PLAY MOAR NAPALM!!
[http://i653.photobucket.com/albums/uu257/Hazard_GIMP/facepalm.jpg

Bullet Wound
3 Aug 2009, 08:31pm
lol Bill, Since a month after the released things have improved ALOT lol.

2 Dwarves, 1 Coat
4 Aug 2009, 05:03am

You could've played all of the campaigns at release with a few easy console commands, and the other 2 were added in for those who don't want to do that last May. There is also a new survival mode, and a recent update, which is very friendly toward user created campaigns, giving you links to the download and such.

Second, Left 4 Dead 2 has an AI director in charge of changing the level structure. That isn't just another gimmick, that is breakthrough technology, and it takes a shitload of time to program, not to mention test. I'll admit, the new weapons are kind of stupid (Adding a grenade launcher will make the tank seem less fearsome), but it's a nice change compared to L4D's 3 weapons, and that's combining the uzi + assault rifle and pump shotty + auto shotty, as one is just an upgrade of another. A new dismemberment engine, 5 new campaigns, a new multiplayer mode, and a cool dude in a jacket top it off.

Marquis Posa
4 Aug 2009, 12:49pm
http://store.steampowered.com/news/2708/

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/59832

2 Dwarves, 1 Coat
4 Aug 2009, 02:29pm
http://store.steampowered.com/news/2708/

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/59832

Thanks for the links, that announcement brightened my day.

MtrxMn
4 Aug 2009, 03:45pm
I did actually like L4D but I still find myself playing ZM more than Left 4 Dead

5 Aug 2009, 06:47pm
changing the level structure, sounds pretty cool, but the games is still gonna need to be at least twice as good as l4d for me to wanna try it. doesnt really sound to differnt aside from the level structure.

still boycotting until you ppl can still tell me 2 months after its out, that its the best fuking game youve everplayed and its not old yet.

btw i got the xbox version, so i was unable to use any handy lil console cmds. I might be just a lil less angry if i had gotten the pc version, and been able to play the extra maps as well as user created stuff.

the xbox version was very sparse.

Bullet Wound
6 Aug 2009, 12:44am
Game adds:
- New types of ammo (This is kinda lame but its new)
- The Horde events are no longer camping, you need to move while being attacked
- New guns and new charters of coarse (wish they would make characters actually have unique attributes though)

Other stuff too but i forget now, and xbox usually blows with fps games (i know there are some expceptions but generally it blows)

6 Aug 2009, 03:23pm
its true.

Jaffa
13 Aug 2009, 06:41pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WFbEhgwEBI

NEW WEAPON = GRENADE LAUNCHER

Loganator456
13 Aug 2009, 06:55pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WFbEhgwEBI

NEW WEAPON = GRENADE LAUNCHEROld news. :p

Movement
13 Aug 2009, 11:59pm
well ive been leaning torwards L4D2 more lately and i was thinking why not more content with like $25 to it, wouldnt be that bad

Zealot
14 Aug 2009, 01:08am
I guess you could say I'm part of the boycotter group. I'm not asking for free games or w/e. I just think its to soon for a sequel, and the concept of L4D was ruined. I won't go into detail because I'm probably going to get flamed for it but meh. The things I dislike about l4d2 are:

1. The concept and title name of L4d2, l4d had a creative name/logo to it, by putting 2 and the 2 fingers just doesn't feel like the same game anymore. Also the game is supposed to be a zombie Apocalypse, the game doesn't feel right in the sunlight haha.
2. Characters, nuff said.
3. Weapons/ammo, really now incendiary and explosive ammo in the south and not near the military in the north (l4d). Also where are you going to find a grenade launcher/ak47 in a swamp.

Those are my biggest gripes, I have more minor ones but they're not that important.

What I do like about l4d2 (which I believe should've been in l4d, not as free content, but def not worth 60-70$)
- New infected that make it so that survivors can't camp a corner and the wandering witch (shouldn't she wander at night to make it more scary?).
- The new blood effects/psychics. It would fit a lot better on l4d which i has a grimy/dark feel to it.
- New weapons, like melee. Not a pan but just the axe/bat(common in zombie flicks) and a crowbar reminiscent of hl2.
- Director and weather effects are pretty self explanatory since if they're still using the same engine, it's probably easy to port over.

turistas
14 Aug 2009, 10:13am
L4D2, they did a lot to the game..