PDA

View Full Version : Prototype

ninjaz1337
17 Jun 2009, 12:22am
From my friend's D2D account. I hate Activision now, I would not buy this game, but to be honest, this is a great game. First though, some awareness on Activision http://www.steamgamers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19821

Prototype: At first I thought this would be a horrible game. Looking at the trailers I only saw a mass slaughtering of stuff. Yea, I wasn't interested. Then my friend told me I should try it and let me on his Direct2Drive account. To be honest, it was awesome. It's more than just cutting up people. Although you are an antihero and you don't have much of a choice (you are trying to stop the spread of a virus, but at the same time slaughtering many civilians, and you can't help it). So the storyline's pretty awesome, I liked how you had to do many side-side-side objectives to gain more insights on the storyline (called web of intrigue, the more people you consume/gain knowledge, the more you know about what's going on).

Gameplay: Interesting. You have a open world sandbox RPG game, and you play semi-God. Nothing can stop you besides the final boss and 50 soldiers with rocket launchers+4tanks+4 helis at the same time. You could easily switch powers that you purchase with experience points, which you gain from killing infected and military personal. This is a mixture of Assassin's Creed and other stuff (really, can't explain it). The world is your playground. As I played the game, I felt like I had total control over everything.

AI: Pretty stupid, but that's the point. Like you could pick up a car and get detected pretty fast, but you can fly around and leap 300 feet in the air or run 50 mph and won't get detected. What fun would it be though if you got caught doing that? The military personal and infected are pretty easy to kill (besides the brute hunters infected). If you are playing this game, GET THE PANSY SKILL (aka getting to frame other people and they get shot down). I literally ran into a military base, consumed an officer (you take the form and voice and ability of that officer) and blamed every person in the base. Yea, I killed 20 people by pointing my finger and yelling "IT'S HIM" (with different dialouge), pretty stupid AI. Also, the people you need to consume on side objectives tend to die faster than normal and gets really annoying.

Graphics: Nice, I don't expect it to be great since it is an open world and loads of chaos on screen. I rather have above average graphics with great FPS than great graphics and a powerpoint style framerate.

Replayability: Moderate, once you beat it, you get a chance to play it on hard or on different modes with a mode to start with ALL your abilities, but that's no fun after 3/4th the game, seeing how you already unlock everything 3/4th the game if you spend enough time gathering exp orbs. Still fun as hell, but once you're done, you're done.

My rating: 9.0
Would I say it's worth 50 dollars though? Na, wait til it drops to at least 40.

Tcp-Kill
17 Jun 2009, 03:14am
I torrented this, and i found it to be really fun. I felt it was a mix of assassins creed and spiderman 2, which i enjoyed both those games. I agree, you could glide from here to here in seconds and you felt total control, but the AI is retarded lol... if they see someone disguised as them glide and fly about... they just look away.. lol

1Life
17 Jun 2009, 04:24am
Prototype belive it or not has brought something new to gaming. It is worth the 50/60 dollars and i give it a 9.5 out of 10.

Fast Bullet
17 Jun 2009, 06:49am
It is worth the 50/60 dollars.

I personally don't think so ,for me the game is a 3.5/10 .AND THATK GOD FOR PIRACY because this game is not worth even 10$ .

Wrathek
17 Jun 2009, 07:12am
i'd say its worth at least 30, i didn't buy it either, but that sucks that you didn't like it fast.

Lux
17 Jun 2009, 10:22am
I personally don't think so ,for me the game is a 3.5/10 .AND THATK GOD FOR PIRACY because this game is not worth even 10$ .

dam day of defeat noobs.

Fast Bullet
17 Jun 2009, 11:48am
dam day of defeat noobs.

WTF does day of defeat have to do whit any of this. Your score was 0/33 when was were playing DOD:S so stfu noob! -.-"

Kappa The 3rd
18 Jun 2009, 03:33pm
Lol I bought it for 70 and I feel it was worth it, amazingly fun game, just getting to run around Manhattan and do little side missions, and yeah I agree the AI is somewhat bad, you sneak into a base and as long as you are in your disguise you can fly around and do 50 foot jumps and they wont think your alex

but other then that, its immensely enjoyable, the boss fights are fun and epic, gives some challenge if you play on hard. and the story I find was awesome xD

Lux
18 Jun 2009, 03:54pm
The biggest let down was that they axed multiplayer from the game.

Multiplayer would have made this a classic game on par with GTA perhaps, and would have turned a great but not so replayable game into a game you might play for months.

Wrathek
18 Jun 2009, 05:21pm
i really really really doubt it. maybe its just me but i don't think i've ever found a game that i enjoyed the multiplayer that was not designed first and foremost for multiplayer, it almost always feels tacked on.. i'm relieved, to say the least.

Lux
18 Jun 2009, 06:42pm
i really really really doubt it. maybe its just me but i don't think i've ever found a game that i enjoyed the multiplayer that was not designed first and foremost for multiplayer, it almost always feels tacked on.. i'm relieved, to say the least.

That is why they didn't add multiplayer, because they didn't think that it would be as good as the single player.

I thought that it could have though, there is no harm in adding a multiplayer mode IMO, perhaps they didn't think it was worth the extra time because people would buy this at a high price anyway, but they've reduced their reputation and if they produce a sequel it won't be as popular.

Even a simple free mode like GTA would have been a great success.

BOOWY
19 Jun 2009, 07:47pm
I'd give it like a 7.5. I don't know, it feels really sloppy to me. It's fun fighting and stuff but when you've played games like Ninja Gaiden II where the fighting is a lot more polished, Prototype pales by comparison. Not to say that it's a bad game by any means, the fighting is certainly passable, I just don't think it's deserving of so much praise. When you're moving across the city, hopping over cars and stuff, the animations are okay. The animations when you're going up a building and then your guy kinda flips over to land on the roof looks really disjointed and sloppy. The controls are kind of goofy too, I had a hard time adjusting to using buttons to fire guns and throw things as opposed to a trigger button. The AI really is dumb. Your guy is like a God and most of the time the pedestrians don't even care. If I jumped from a 20-story building and landed in the street with a large thud and cracking the pavement under me, I'd expect people to be freaking out, cars swerving out of the way and crashing into each other, stuff like that... especially since there are stealth-like mechanics in this game(the whole disguising thing).

Unimpressive across the board but certainly passable.

PuMa
24 Jun 2009, 01:07pm
PROTOTYPE!
so freaking awesome
that game is amazing i try'ed it and i love it i'll buy it next month

PuMa
25 Jun 2009, 05:34am
i'll give it 9.5

PotshotPolka
27 Jun 2009, 06:44pm
I bought it and wish I hadn't.

The web of intrigue videos, in stark contrast to the game models, layers, and scenery, are simply stunning and immersive. I played the game in anticipation of these events more than anything. After the first say 5 hours, it becomes repetitive, and is with the exception of free roaming and sneaking about, a free for all button masher.

I just feel disappointed with this one, the story, while fuzzy in alot of spots (I've virtually found all of the video clips) is pretty immersive, the territory system between infected and military is interesting, and the sheer amount of bloodshed and pandamonium was enough to make me take a walk actually since my eyes were about to pop (more so from straining to look for web of intrigue targets cause the fuckers have a tendency to be eaten by infected or teabagged by a marine, most of which treat human life and infected targets the same, by which I mean a pile of ants with an unlimited amount of m-80s)

The worst though was graphics. I had them maxed out on PC, and it still felt like the models were half a decade old. Maybe Crysis just spoiled me.

Frostbyte
27 Jun 2009, 07:10pm
I bought it and wish I hadn't.

The web of intrigue videos, in stark contrast to the game models, layers, and scenery, are simply stunning and immersive. I played the game in anticipation of these events more than anything. After the first say 5 hours, it becomes repetitive, and is with the exception of free roaming and sneaking about, a free for all button masher.

I just feel disappointed with this one, the story, while fuzzy in alot of spots (I've virtually found all of the video clips) is pretty immersive, the territory system between infected and military is interesting, and the sheer amount of bloodshed and pandamonium was enough to make me take a walk actually since my eyes were about to pop (more so from straining to look for web of intrigue targets cause the fuckers have a tendency to be eaten by infected or teabagged by a marine, most of which treat human life and infected targets the same, by which I mean a pile of ants with an unlimited amount of m-80s)

The worst though was graphics. I had them maxed out on PC, and it still felt like the models were half a decade old. Maybe Crysis just spoiled me.

I agree, and Crysis didn't spoil you, this didn't look quite as good as I had thought it would. I think the animations and fluid movement (hopping over cars and such) was awesome. I would also like to add that your powers are taken away far too many times.

Boobcake
11 Jul 2009, 11:39am
This game is amazing to bad the graphics suck at times, 10/10

DaHaounD
15 Jul 2009, 08:40pm
first of all i got my mum too buy it for me ( not my money xD ) also its too short bet it in less then 2 days :S

2 Dwarves, 1 Coat
15 Jul 2009, 10:17pm
7.25, simply because (And GameInformer said this) it has sloppy indoor controls and is too much like Spider Man. Story was the only good part besides accusing others of being infected.

Karot
16 Jul 2009, 10:58am
I bought this game for the 360 and id give it about a 7 or 7.5. This was a very fast campaign it only took me about 7.5 hours to beat on normal, don't get me wrong its fun to smash people around and parkour but it gets really boring really fast, I would have just rented the game to try it. Personally i think its worth about $40 at the most.

Simmons1114
15 Aug 2009, 07:38pm
meh i dont think i bother playing/buying it i hate anti-heros

JonathanSheppard
16 Aug 2009, 03:33am
I dont have words for this game its just great !!!

Originally Posted by a Noob
Shut up all of u just Shut The Fuck Up

panda6
16 Aug 2009, 11:43am
the min character looks alot liike the one from assassin creeed