PDA

View Full Version : The Cleavland Show

CandleJack
14 Jun 2009, 06:03pm
Well i was just watching FOX and A commercial came on for a new show from the Genius behind Family Guy and American Dad, Seth McFarlen( Might have misspelled his last name) and I really don't know what to say, just by looking at the commercial it is basically A fat guy married to a hot chick and have 3 kids a baby(who can talk like Stewie) , a fat kid(like Chris) and a daughter( who is like meg, but she is not fugly). The only difference is they are African American.

I honestly think from the footage that was shown in the Commercial, that this show will do horrible.

How will the show do in your eyes?

SpikedRocker
14 Jun 2009, 07:08pm
I heard of this coming for about a year and half. At the end of this season they plan to take Cleveland and move him somewhere. The whole plot and idea behind it is really streaching what most Family Guy people are use to. But we won't know how it will do till its out.

CandleJack
14 Jun 2009, 07:33pm
I heard of this coming for about a year and half. At the end of this season they plan to take Cleveland and move him somewhere. The whole plot and idea behind it is really streaching what most Family Guy people are use to. But we won't know how it will do till its out.

To me it's gonna make the entire show flawed, Quigmire, joe and peter are the funny guys who r at time unpredictable, but with Cleavland he is a mellow guy who is funny and doesn't get into over complicated situations as said Peter usually gets the entire cast into.

MtrxMn
20 Jun 2009, 06:55pm
They're taking away a great character away from Family Guy so now we're left with two decent shows rather than one great one?

Olli3
21 Jun 2009, 03:57pm
I agree with mtrxmn. But before anyone bashes on it, wait until an episode of it. I have a feeling it will be as good, if not better, than Family Guy.

Drox
26 Jun 2009, 09:39pm
idk, I think it might be pretty funny but its a shame they wont just keep it all on family guy.

CandleJack
26 Jun 2009, 09:59pm
idk, I think it might be pretty funny but its a shame they wont just keep it all on family guy.

I've also heard that this might be the last season of family guy

Drox
26 Jun 2009, 10:24pm

That would just suck hardcore :(

Lefty
27 Jun 2009, 09:42am
Heard about this awhile ago, hopefully its a succes

Gumpy
27 Jun 2009, 10:10am
That would just suck hardcore :(

I would prefer it to end with dignity then drag on just to suck out more money like the Simpsons.

MtrxMn
27 Jun 2009, 12:21pm

:cry: That would suck... Family Guy still roles out some great episodes.

The Baltimore Ravens
6 Jul 2009, 04:40pm
some how i think this show is going to fail.

MtrxMn
6 Jul 2009, 05:11pm
some how i think this show is going to fail.

I thought American Dad would fail and thats still going. I think this show has more potential than American Dad did.

Jaffa
7 Jul 2009, 08:31am
Pilot has been leaked online, and i quite enjoyed it. A few of the staple family guy cut off gags (but not many), Clevelands kid from family guy is now fat, first episode is pretty much about setting up the rest of the season.

The Bear is awesome btw, easily my favourite character.

Undercover
7 Jul 2009, 11:24am
1. i dont think its gonna be that great of a show because peter is hilarious
2. are they gonna cancel family guy?

TheTruth
7 Jul 2009, 11:54am
Pilot has been leaked online, and i quite enjoyed it. A few of the staple family guy cut off gags (but not many), Clevelands kid from family guy is now fat, first episode is pretty much about setting up the rest of the season.

The Bear is awesome btw, easily my favourite character.

I just watched the pilot its awesome :) I like the bear and the Holt guy :P

I'm definitely going to watch this when it's on.:biggrin:

Zargotelc
15 Jul 2009, 04:20pm
This spinoff looks ridiculous and I won't be watching.

The worst part is how his other kid Cleveland Jr is gone. If you watched Family Guy you remember his hyperactive kid who once claimed "I'm Tiger Woods, I'm Tiger Woods!". Now they got some kid in an afro. Who the fuck is that? Where's Junior?

Leon
15 Jul 2009, 05:53pm
1. i dont think its gonna be that great of a show because peter is hilarious
2. are they gonna cancel family guy?

nooo they cant there are still tons of ppl and events in life they havent made fun of D:

Jaffa
15 Jul 2009, 07:14pm

The worst part is how his other kid Cleveland Jr is gone. If you watched Family Guy you remember his hyperactive kid who once claimed "I'm Tiger Woods, I'm Tiger Woods!". Now they got some kid in an afro. Who the fuck is that? Where's Junior?

The kid with the afro is the womans kid, the fat kid is cleveland junior

matt 187
15 Jul 2009, 07:21pm
its going to be like another "The PJ's" if any one remembers that show.

tucker
16 Jul 2009, 12:18am
well its not bad untill seen nor is it good im looking forward to it personally

Jaffa
16 Jul 2009, 04:39am
As i've said, the pilot is online if you search for it

MtrxMn
16 Jul 2009, 05:52am
I think the skinny, hyper, on crack version of Cleveland Jr. was way funnier than fat Cleveland Jr.

2 Dwarves, 1 Coat
16 Jul 2009, 10:16pm
I still watch The PJs, by the way, and the leaked episode was hilarious. I doubt this show will be family guy

canon (if such a thing even exists) and that Cleveland will still be a character in the regular show, which

will NOT BE CANCELED, as it would make too little sense to cancel the success that is FG for an uncertain

spinoff that half of the FG audience already doesn't like.

roach coach
19 Jul 2009, 12:19pm

That's what confused me. I liked the hyper kid a lot. FG hasn't been doing too well this year, their worst episode ever had to be the one with that girl from The Hills. That episode sucked so much, not even the late-night hosts' cameos could save that animated Titanic from crashing and burning.

Jaffa
19 Jul 2009, 03:17pm
I quite liked that episode, was one of the better of the season (as it had a plot)

roach coach
19 Jul 2009, 09:22pm
I quite liked that episode, was one of the better of the season (as it had a plot)

It just seemed stale, like it was trying to ride the coattails of that girl and The Hills.