PDA

View Full Version : Starcraft 2

1Life
14 Jun 2009, 03:34pm
I would just like to know how many people here are waiting for starcraft 2. I believe if it comes out this year it will be an extreme hit. Not only the graphics are going to be outstanding but the scenario is just crazy. Yes it will be 3 games for 3 campaigns. But the first game includes all races for online and the full play of terrain's campaign. The other 2 are expansions just for the Z erg and Terrain campaign. Hope it's easy to run on a PC even though I have a 9800gtx+ quad core 3 gigs of ram. SO IF YOU WAITING FOR SC2 PUT A HOLLA!!!!

Bill Smauz
14 Jun 2009, 03:38pm
Starcraft has proven to be one of the best RTS games out there. I am going to pre-order Starcraft 2 once it is available.

Italian Jew
14 Jun 2009, 03:41pm
If they make it more strategic than the first one, then I will get it. There have been too many advancements in the RTS genre where the first game isn't even really considered one anymore, but I am sure Blizzard would change the basic gameplay to accommodate this.

SilentGuns
14 Jun 2009, 03:53pm
Really looking forward to it. I'm willing to buy all 3 (epic) campaigns ( sigh* I hate myself). The release date will probably be announced at this years blizzcon. To me Starcraft is one of the best RTS of all time. Every RTS fan should play this game ( unless you're a Warhammer fanboy , then just keep whining how blizzard steals ideas and rips everyone off)

Combatengineer
14 Jun 2009, 05:54pm
It is a Blizzard game, I have no doubt it'll be the greatest RTS ever made.

1Life
14 Jun 2009, 07:19pm
That is totally true combat. It might take them 10-15 years to come out with a game and a billion dollars. But they sure do there best to make it perfect.:):thumb:

Red
14 Jun 2009, 07:39pm
Korea alone will make the game successful thousands of times over.

True Twinkie
14 Jun 2009, 07:46pm
Korea alone will make the game successful thousands of times over.

So true :toung:.

I heard from friends that it was coming out on Halloween of this year.

Ganzta
14 Jun 2009, 08:33pm
http://www.steamgamers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=424&highlight=starcraft2
lol people have been waiting

Desum
14 Jun 2009, 08:36pm
The date was already announced o.o' I can't remember what it is, but almost all sites have it available for pre-order.

Dante
14 Jun 2009, 09:33pm
What sucks about this game is that they made the campains in three different sections comming out at different times, i do believe, so one will be Terrain, Another Protoss, and another Zerg.

Desum
14 Jun 2009, 10:00pm
What sucks about this game is that they made the campains in three different sections comming out at different times, i do believe, so one will be Terrain, Another Protoss, and another Zerg.

Supposedly they did this because they wanted to make the campaigns so in-depth and long it'd be too time consuming and illogical to put them into 1 game, even if they were to sell 3-6 discs for installation with the game.

LegalSmash
15 Jun 2009, 09:19am
Supposedly they did this because they wanted tofuck gamers out of even more money, because fanboys will blow their fathers for SC2, let alone, buy three games, which will be essentially identical, all for 150 dollars..

Fixed.

Look, I wish bliz the best of luck with sc2, and red's statement is likely true. I will say there is a large caveat with this game, however: SC2 needs to adapt to meet the growing genre of RTS. RTS is more than just "build up and rush" nowadays, and when a developer tries to use the old formula and nothing more than window shine, you get CC3, a third rate RTS that would have fallen facefirst but for the name attached.

I'm not hating SC2, although, silent, you are fucking retarded if you think Blizzard only ripped off Games Workshop's IP to make their game (which I don't necessarily care about, despite being a much bigger warhammer fan than a SC fan), or that the campaigns are going to be SO in depth to warrant a new game for each one of them.

blizzard is making a few new units, and gearing the gam
e to the hypercompetitive cult of SC that has grown out of Korea, so, lets be realistic here, this is likely to be a game FOR korea, rather than one that will have world wide appeal on the same scale as say... WOW in my opinion.

If Blizzard wants to make this game a truly resounding success, they will do the following:

Finally set a damned release date, red and I have been hearing "NEXT YEAR GAIZ" since about 2002, and act upon it. RTS only can stand so much polishing before you accidentally kick the proverbial surrogate mom in the stomach.

Make more than one or two new units.. actually make gameplay different. Koreans tend to mob with any of the armies... make the gameplay interesting and different... see THQ games and online supcom games for this.

Make sure you port the game to the next gen systems just to get the extra kids hooked, and then release expansions on PC AND console, as well as try to sell keyboard and mouse for said console, exclusive to game, to make more money for R and D.

Do NOT charge for online playability, those of us that are used to playing online without charge won't pay for something we can get for free on a more strategically deep game.

Learn the term "ingenuity", and make gameplay multifaceted.

Long campaigns are not necessarily good campaigns, nor are nearly 100 "missions" (half of which will be bullshit, put your money on that) going to make a campaign any better. Seriously consider making the game installments worthwhile, or just do one release... there is such a thing as multiple DVD games... and you CAN just put it all on one release and charge 10-20 more, without breaking most customers off.

MAKE SURE STEAM CAN DELIVER THE GAME... I HATE CD keys, so do most other gamers.

Learn from EA, basically do the opposite of them.

SilentGuns
15 Jun 2009, 09:30am
Fixed.

Look, I wish bliz the best of luck with sc2, and red's statement is likely true. I will say there is a large caveat with this game, however: SC2 needs to adapt to meet the growing genre of RTS. RTS is more than just "build up and rush" nowadays, and when a developer tries to use the old formula and nothing more than window shine, you get CC3, a third rate RTS that would have fallen facefirst but for the name attached.

I'm not hating SC2, although, silent, you are fucking retarded if you think Blizzard only ripped off Games Workshop's IP to make their game (which I don't necessarily care about, despite being a much bigger warhammer fan than a SC fan), or that the campaigns are going to be SO in depth to warrant a new game for each one of them.

blizzard is making a few new units, and gearing the gam
e to the hypercompetitive cult of SC that has grown out of Korea, so, lets be realistic here, this is likely to be a game FOR korea, rather than one that will have world wide appeal on the same scale as say... WOW in my opinion.

If Blizzard wants to make this game a truly resounding success, they will do the following:

Finally set a damned release date, red and I have been hearing "NEXT YEAR GAIZ" since about 2002, and act upon it. RTS only can stand so much polishing before you accidentally kick the proverbial surrogate mom in the stomach.

Make more than one or two new units.. actually make gameplay different. Koreans tend to mob with any of the armies... make the gameplay interesting and different... see THQ games and online supcom games for this.

Make sure you port the game to the next gen systems just to get the extra kids hooked, and then release expansions on PC AND console, as well as try to sell keyboard and mouse for said console, exclusive to game, to make more money for R and D.

Do NOT charge for online playability, those of us that are used to playing online without charge won't pay for something we can get for free on a more strategically deep game.

Learn the term "ingenuity", and make gameplay multifaceted.

Long campaigns are not necessarily good campaigns, nor are nearly 100 "missions" (half of which will be bullshit, put your money on that) going to make a campaign any better. Seriously consider making the game installments worthwhile, or just do one release... there is such a thing as multiple DVD games... and you CAN just put it all on one release and charge 10-20 more, without breaking most customers off.

MAKE SURE STEAM CAN DELIVER THE GAME... I HATE CD keys, so do most other gamers.

I was saying that warhammer fanboys whine about that. Read before you start insulting people. I am a blizzard fanboy. I support Blizzard.

Way2Fail

LegalSmash
15 Jun 2009, 09:59am
No one was insulting you, just mentioning your comment was incorrect on the base of it, blizzard borrowed sci fi ideas from everyone... it doesn't make the game any less playable, but give credit where credit is due.

Aliens Xenomorph movies & predator stuff led to rogue trader from GW, led to warhammer's current iteration, as well as about 4-5 different games based on "space marine v. tyranid v. high tech guys", led to more movies about aliens led to blizzard's starcraft... it was pretty far down the line... like Nsync... it doesn't take away the game's presence, or insults you... but take it as you will sensitive child.

Combatengineer
15 Jun 2009, 05:02pm
Starcraft's story was originally going to be about space vampires. That would of been pretty damn unique of them. :)

1Life
15 Jun 2009, 05:10pm
If you say u weren't insulting him and just simply stating he was wrong..why would you curse saying silent your a fucking retard? Thats very unnecessary as this post isn't about warhammer.

Bullet Wound
15 Jun 2009, 05:12pm
I'm sorry but legal said so many stupid things i feel the need to go over them one by one.

Blizzard never said when it would be out, nor have they ever said it would be out soon, they continual say "it will be ready when its ready". They don't WANT to set a release date that they can't make, so they are waiting till the last minute so they are sure. All those people saying that are just being hopeful.

If you actually looked at the news about the game you would know that there only 1 or two OLD units per race kept, and even those are modified to be different. And making the gameplay different is a retarded idea (no offense), why change something that isn't broken, they will make upgrades but it will basically play out the same.

DEAR GOD NO, RTS games on consoles is the WORST IDEA EVER. Yes it will probably get a few xtra people hooked, but the result wold be another crappy ported game. So no, they won't (or better not) do that.

Lets see where to being with this one, um, the campaign will have xtra missions however they will be optional for people to play, so they don't really make it longer, they're side quests for only people that want them. As for putting them all into one release, well that would take many years to be prepared, and in the end the would still end up cutting content. So although i hate the idea of paying full price for 1 game and two expansions, its a common thing these days to do.

I guess this isn't a bad idea, although i doubt they will hook up with steam, and they don't seem to be hinting that the new battlenet will have any charge attached to it, in fact im pretty sure they said its still gonna be free.

As for me, i'm looking forward to the game an I am sure they will do a good job, their reputation is on the line, so they won't want to let us down.

Combatengineer
15 Jun 2009, 05:16pm
"When a player buys the StarCraft II box at retail, they will have the ability to play on the new Battle.net for free.

For those listening to the latest Activision Blizzard conference call, Mike Morhaime also mentions it there as well."

Yeah, it's free. But last year I read an article about them doing microtransactions, I don't think it specified what exactly.

Italian Jew
15 Jun 2009, 06:56pm
[COLOR="PaleGreen"]If you actually looked at the news about the game you would know that there only 1 or two OLD units per race kept, and even those are modified to be different. And making the gameplay different is a retarded idea (no offense), why change something that isn't broken, they will make upgrades but it will basically play out the same.

Massing units isn't fun anymore. The style of gameplay in the first one is outdated and needs to be redone. Simply having special abilities for units rather than any real strategic importance won't cut it.

Hiphopopotomus
15 Jun 2009, 07:23pm
Last time i checked, i saw somewhere around november 2009

Ultramarine
16 Jun 2009, 12:38am
If you say u weren't insulting him and just simply stating he was wrong..why would you curse saying silent your a fucking retard? Thats very unnecessary as this post isn't about warhammer.

then silent shouldnt have posted about warhammer fans to begin with.

LegalSmash
16 Jun 2009, 06:49am
[QUOTE=Bullet Wound;220587]I'm sorry but legal said so many stupid things i feel the need to go over them one by one.

Blizzard never said when it would be out, nor have they ever said it would be out soon, they continual say "it will be ready when its ready". They don't WANT to set a release date that they can't make, so they are waiting till the last minute so they are sure. All those people saying that are just being hopeful.

If you actually looked at the news about the game you would know that there only 1 or two OLD units per race kept, and even those are modified to be different. And making the gameplay different is a retarded idea (no offense), why change something that isn't broken, they will make upgrades but it will basically play out the same.

Gameplay needs to evolve... we see how well CC3 did with the same one trick pony. I've read the news, and I'll believe its commentary when I see it.

DEAR GOD NO, RTS games on consoles is the WORST IDEA EVER. Yes it will probably get a few xtra people hooked, but the result wold be another crappy ported game. So no, they won't (or better not) do that.

In the end its about money, read correctly retard. Further, if you'd read my response, you'd notice my tone indicates that I sincerely hope they succeed, and its good, but unlike you, obviously, I'm not going to go blow blizzard on the basis that its blizzard...I didn't pick up DOW II because it was sub-par to me, starcraft 2 will suffer the same fate if it doesn't have its shit together... me not buying it.

Thank you ultramarine. PM me sometime. Are you an actual TT player or just the PC games?

Scree :O
16 Jun 2009, 12:53pm
Really looking forward to it. I'm willing to buy all 3 (epic) campaigns ( sigh* I hate myself). The release date will probably be announced at this years blizzcon. To me Starcraft is one of the best RTS of all time. Every RTS fan should play this game ( unless you're a Warhammer fanboy , then just keep whining how blizzard steals ideas and rips everyone off)

Funny, how you're calling us Warhammer fanboys but don't notice you're a Starcraft fanboy.

LegalSmash
16 Jun 2009, 02:26pm
Funny, how you're calling us Warhammer fanboys but don't notice you're a Starcraft fanboy.

Seriously.

Bullet Wound
16 Jun 2009, 05:57pm
In the end it is about money, however if Blizzard gets bad rep from their game less people will be inclined to buy it, meaning less money.

And just cause you won't buy a game just because they don't completely fuck around with its old gameplay, doesn't mean everyone else will.

Italian Jew
16 Jun 2009, 06:31pm
And just cause you won't buy a game just because they don't completely fuck around with its old gameplay, doesn't mean everyone else will.

There will always be the mindless Zerg rush for it, true.

Dante
16 Jun 2009, 07:36pm
I think Starcraft 2 will be a big hit.

Bullet Wound
17 Jun 2009, 12:01am
Whatever, SC2 will be a good game, if not great. Just wait till the release to criticize it.

1Life
17 Jun 2009, 04:28am
Legal Smash is right. They are never going to announce a release date as shit....they will announce it about 2-3 months before it comes out. Blizzard is making well atleast trying to make the game perfect. When has blizzard made a really bad game? They haven't. I mean yeah i want it so bad i check every day on there website but if it's worth the wait and the game is fabulous i do not mind as much.

LegalSmash
17 Jun 2009, 07:23am
SC2 is a work in progress, I am not going to be at all surprised if it is quite good. However, given the economy, the buying power of the average consumer right now, and what each "game" set will consist of, I do not see the purpose of buying 3 games which could easily be done with one. I do not seek to reward companies for trying to devise new and cunning ways to seperate me from my money. That being said, the reality of the matter is that the only "campaign" that I am remotely interested in is the zerg campaign, and I do not just drop $50 or more for a game that does not contain at least 4-5 factors that I look for in a game, and a GOOD campaign is one of them. Notice I say GOOD, not long, not 80-plus-missions of repeated, recycled nonsense. There are only so many ways to do a "Destroy the enemy base, without X or Y unit or tech available" mission without it getting really boring, really fast.

Blizzard-whores: You don't know how good a game is until it is in your hard drive, and you've given it a few tries. Reality is, SC is an aging franchise, and despite its storied past and current following, it still needs to stand competently on its own by making headway towards three particular things that RTS's all need to have to be considered "passable": innovative gameplay, good storyline/campaign mode that keeps me interested, and a well made, non buggy, balanced multiplayer service, at no cost outside the price of the game's MSRP.

If SC does these things, and not simply give me a pretty version of brood war with 10x more identical missions, and a few unit abilities ala RA3, I will buy one copy of the game, the zerg campaign copy when it comes out, if not too pricey, or I'll wait until all three are in a combo pack and buy it then. I am not in the business of getting ripped off, if you are, that's your deal.
I find it funny that there seems to be quite a comparison that can be drawn between Obama change zombies and blizzard fanatics swearing this game is going to be softserve icecream coming out of natalie portman's ass rather than waiting and seeing if the game is not going to be a collossal flop. Open up your eyes, drink some reality coffee, and see what this is, it has POTENTIAL to be one of the greatest RTS of its time again, but its not yet.

Before everyone starts hurling the "warhammergeek" commentary, I will proudly say that despite pining for the game DOWII for months on end, and actually going to the store to buy it right after taking the bar exam, I played it on a friends house for enough missions to see that the game was pretty much crappy and broken, and not worth anywhere near the $50 they wanted for it. For a game only allowing for 6 player matches, only having 4 factions (compared to their previous game) and what I can only describe as ballet style gameplay, I cannot convince myself to spend any amount of money over $25 on such a product. The game made soulstorm look like video game gold by comparison.

If I am unwilling to pay money for a game that has tyranids, despite being a warhammer player and GW fan since I was 8 (circa 1990-1991), a badly done, or somehow, in any way, subpart SC2 will get the same treatment from me.

BTW, ports to consoles are worth their weight in gold, they provide additional revenue to the company, hook a few thousand more kids who cannot afford a 1200 computer set or who's parents won't let them buy a bunch of parts to put a computer together, but will drop 500 plus for a console, TV and games. Plus, the consoles now all readily accept keyboard connections, with the proper hardware and firmware updates, as well as mouse/aiming devices, so what is the difference at that point really? The console games do not cross platform multiplayer with PCs, so the PC quality is left untouched, and the console's MP and quality stands on its own as well.

Are you just anti-console, or just uppity, elitist PC fags that don't want blizzard to make additional funds off a sale that will not impact you in any way? I don't recall this community being that firmly divided into Consolefags and PCfags.

That being said, I really don't think that console ports of the game to systems able to handle it, such as the ecksbawks and the PS3 will harm development, gameplay, or for that matter, "Street rep" with the "jerk off to furry hentai between bouts of CSS" crowd.

In short, blizzard has the ultimate say as to whether this game is made, or broken.. and we should all see what will happen, rather than sitting thumb in ass, dryspanking to what doesn't exit as of yet.

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/634/zergspawningpoolze2.jpg

Astrum
17 Jun 2009, 10:22am
To me Starcraft is one of the best RTS of all time. Every RTS fan should play this game ( unless you're a Warhammer fanboy , then just keep whining how blizzard steals ideas and rips everyone off)

Out of curiosity, how old are you? I played the original StarCraft when I was 13 or 14. That was God damn ages ago. I think StarCraft has a cult following just from word of mouth, not from actual players who had more games played in SC than any RTS after combined like me. I'm not necessarily saying you fit this description, but I've noticed it a lot.

Also, WarCraft was originally going to be a licensed Warhammer game. The deal fell through and we got what we got. Then StarCraft was the logical progression given the market. Just to set the record straight. Games Workshop is retarded when it comes to a lot of things, video games definitely being one.

Supposedly they did this because they wanted to make the campaigns so in-depth and long it'd be too time consuming and illogical to put them into 1 game, even if they were to sell 3-6 discs for installation with the game.

Yeah... As someone who programs extensively I have to say that that's a bullshit answer. A DL-DVD has an unformatted capacity of 8.5GB. Company of Heroes still has an absolutely beautiful rendering engine, and their maps aren't that big. Most of everything you see is an art asset that gets included in the map. It's not like they make the map polygon at a time. So unless the campaign is 90% CG cutscenes (in which case I just want the $15 DVD) then there's really no reason to split it up. Hell, they're including all races and multiplayer maps plus all of the art assets needed for those maps except for possibly some specialized art assets which are campaign specific (they won't take up gigabytes though, trust me). If they really do have 8.5GB worth of content for the second campaign I'll tip my hat off to them, because that would be all single player content as the multiplayer content is included in the first campaigns.

The more likely reason is they're making more money from WoW than any game developer in history. Blizzard does a lot of things right, but they're still a business. At the end of the day the only thing that matters to a business is money. Period. If you don't think that was a large factor in their decision then you have no idea how our world works.

Indeed. As much as I love StarCraft the genre has advanced considerably since the first came out. Even Blizzard helped advance it with WarCraft 3. If they tailor to the Korean market then it will probably be the same game with a different skin since that's what the competitive Korean players want. However, I want something a bit new. Pong was perfect for its time, now I'd prefer something a little more complex.

I hate them too, on the other hand I like the stuff that comes with the game. Can't beat the feel of a nice looking disc with a booklet and extra goodies.

I don't think they'll release it on Steam, however as a consolation prize you'll almost definitely be able to register your CD-Key with Blizzard. Once you do that you can download the game from them rather than being forced to buy it all over again if you lose it. I've registered my CD-Keys (the ones they accept anyway). Haven't downloaded any of the games, so I'm not sure if they remove the CD-Key prompt from the installer. Might check it out later*.

I was saying that warhammer fanboys whine about that. Read before you start insulting people. I am a blizzard fanboy. I support Blizzard.

Hurray fanboy wars! Let's all go support our favorite corporation who cares only about one thing, how much money they can extract from us.

There's a difference between being a patron and a fanboy, the former is okay, the latter is not.

Sweet, so it's going to be like C&C3 then? The same fucking thing with better graphics? Hey, I remember C&C1 from back in the day. Hell of a game. I also remember having a carburetor in my first car. My have times changed!

You do realize they ported the original StarCraft to the N64, right? Wasn't that bad, but it was a bitch to use the three-pronged pitchfork controller. Amazingly keyboards and mice work with modern consoles and they're powerful enough to make a port acceptable.

Lets see where to being with this one, um, the campaign will have xtra missions however they will be optional for people to play, so they don't really make it longer, they're side quests for only people that want them. As for putting them all into one release, well that would take many years to be prepared, and in the end the would still end up cutting content. So although i hate the idea of paying full price for 1 game and two expansions, its a common thing these days to do.

Wait, what? How would it take them many years to prepare it? 99.9999999999% of the time from conception to release is spent in development, not worrying about how to shove shit onto a few DVDs. Christ, you can take a 21GB .rar file and split it into .r00, .r01, and .r02 and shove each one on a disc. There is NO technical reason why they can't make this one game rather than three. The reason is money. Seriously.

Also, stop using color, it offends my eyes.

Whatever, SC2 will be a good game, if not great. Just wait till the release to criticize it.

Just wait until the release to praise it. Seriously, you can't tell someone not to criticize it then turn right around and say it's going to be "a good game, if not great."

*One awesome thing Blizzard does is support Macs. They even updated the games originally made for OS9 to work with OSX. I do like to play those games on my laptop from time to time. One negative comment about my laptop earns everyone a pimp slap ;).

LegalSmash
17 Jun 2009, 12:14pm
seriously, re astrum's comment, how many of you all were even over the age of 10 in 1998, or old enough to have really gotten into and played the game?

Dante
17 Jun 2009, 04:33pm
I was young when i played that game and i played it plenty and i still play it today, it's one of my favorite games.

Trogdor
17 Jun 2009, 05:06pm
Of course it will be a success. Considering it's Blizzard making it, it will get attention of that alone AND adding Starcrafts previous success and the fan base it has now? No way it can't be successful unless they completely screw up and I've seen the gameplay vid/trailer I believe. It looks REALLY good but I'm not into RTS games so what do I know.

I should say this, reading the other comments posted. I HAVE NOT PLAYED THIS GAME. Flame away at my prediction of it being a success. No, I wasn't old enough at the time to get into that game but did I have to be? Just look at all the hype it's getting. If it somehow isn't a success, whatever. It's just my prediction.

LegalSmash
17 Jun 2009, 05:29pm
Of course it will be a success. Considering it's Blizzard making it, it will get attention of that alone AND adding Starcrafts previous success and the fan base it has now? No way it can't be successful unless they completely screw up and I've seen the gameplay vid/trailer I believe. It looks REALLY good but I'm not into RTS games so what do I know.

I should say this, reading the other comments posted. I HAVE NOT PLAYED THIS GAME. Flame away at my prediction of it being a success. No, I wasn't old enough at the time to get into that game but did I have to be? Just look at all the hype it's getting. If it somehow isn't a success, whatever. It's just my prediction.

Yea, look at all the hype Britney Spears got on her comeback, and she was fat, drunk, high, had extensions, and smelled like dirty ass and vagina.

Bullet Wound
17 Jun 2009, 05:39pm
To Astrum:
Yes i know they ported the game to N64, and it was a bad idea, if you liked it thats fine, but all in all it just didn't feel right.

As for the whole debate as to putting it into one thing, i said it will take longer because the game isn't finished yet. The are completing the Terran campaigns and putting it into the first game, then the other races will have their campaigns made and put into other games. I NEVER said the reason was technical, cause its not. The reason is that its not done yet, hence why they would take longer to put it into one game, because it would not be completed yet. They are making it in sections, its not that the had one complete game and chopped it into pieces.

And its not praising if i think it will be good, its just being hopeful.

Trogdor
17 Jun 2009, 05:53pm
Yea, look at all the hype Britney Spears got on her comeback, and she was fat, drunk, high, had extensions, and smelled like dirty ass and vagina.

Is she not still successful?

It was just a prediction. I've seen what the gameplay/graphics are like and I liked what I saw. I've also read the comments and announcements posted and I made the prediction, based on all of that, that it will be a great game. If it turns out to be bad, oh well, I was wrong.

Ultramarine
17 Jun 2009, 09:52pm
and ya lega, i dont play the TT games yet, planning to start sometime after college... i got Dawn of War II (Ok... but Warhammer 40k doesn't feel like it should be a Tactical Squad rts... if anything, it should be a Grand RTS, commanding thousands of troops n shit) and i might get that new Space Marine game that is coming out (But again, it looks like it focus's on Squad Third person shooter / hack-n-slash)...

They should really make an MMOFPS or TPS, Chaos vs Space Marines or something like that... Hell, make a First person shooter that starts out before Horus turns to Chaos (I've read alot of the Horus Hersey books... would love a FPS or TPS where you play as Loken)

connor
17 Jun 2009, 10:02pm
Can't wait

17 Jun 2009, 10:16pm
I've seen loads of people saying the game is awesome with just 2 gameplay videos and a trailer released. Their argument is: BLIZZARD NEVAR FAILS 2 DELIVAR.

SpikedRocker
18 Jun 2009, 07:26am
http://www.steamgamers.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=6607&stc=1&d=1245331539
http://www.steamgamers.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=6608&stc=1&d=1245331539

Please stay on topic here, shouldn't have gotten as far as it did.

Eskomo
18 Jun 2009, 07:33am
I was playing the beta at a friend's house who just so happens to be korean, it was sick.

SilentGuns
18 Jun 2009, 07:41am
Out of curiosity, how old are you? I played the original StarCraft when I was 13 or 14. That was God damn ages ago. I think StarCraft has a cult following just from word of mouth, not from actual players who had more games played in SC than any RTS after combined like me. I'm not necessarily saying you fit this description, but I've noticed it a lot.

Im 16 . Its not that hard to look at my profile. I was 7 years old when I first played the game. At the time it was a great game. Haven't played for a while tho. The game is on my desk right now... I should reinstall it but I already have way too many other things to play.

18 Jun 2009, 08:33am
I was playing the beta at a friend's house who just so happens to be korean, it was sick.

What did you like most about the game?

Itch
18 Jun 2009, 08:36am
I will not be buying this one when it first comes out.
I have issues with this fact that it is being released in segments and that they are trying to bilk the consumer for the price of 3 games instead of 1. As far as game play I hope it's not more of the same. I hope it has more in-depth strategy than the first. I do feel that Blizzard over the years has put out some really good games. That being said I don't feel it justifies charging for 3 games just to have the additional/longer campaigns.

I will wait until it's been out long enough to have been thoroughly reviewed and for the price to drop or the 3 to be released as a "Battle Chest" "Combo" "Complete Saga" (whatever they decide to call it) and pay for 1 game instead of 3.

As to the rumors of charging for online play.. if that ends up being the case I'll pass - Period. I think the idea of charging monthly fees for online play is a joke and refuse to buy into it. It looks like it's just rumor.. let's hope so.

Suri
18 Jun 2009, 08:58am
I have issues with this fact that it is being released in segments and that they are trying to bilk the consumer for the price of 3 games instead of 1. As far as game play I hope it's not more of the same. I hope it has more in-depth strategy than the first. I do feel that Blizzard over the years has put out some really good games. That being said I don't feel it justifies charging for 3 games just to have the additional/longer campaigns.

I will wait until it's been out long enough to have been thoroughly reviewed and for the price to drop or the 3 to be released as a "Battle Chest" "Combo" "Complete Saga" (whatever they decide to call it) and pay for 1 game instead of 3.

As to the rumors of charging for online play.. if that ends up being the case I'll pass - Period. I think the idea of charging monthly fees for online play is a joke and refuse to buy into it. It looks like it's just rumor.. let's hope so.

I also am not sure I like the idea of the game being released here and there. The first game had all 3 campaigns in it, so why can't this one. OH WAIT WOW has shown Blizz they can make a crap load of money with this type of strategy.

I played the first game when I was a bit older then Astrum when it first came out. I enjoyed it but got old with people just Zerg rushing you. I agree with the people that say they need to change the game play. If it's the same way and people can just zerg rush within like 5mins of the game it's no fun.

But I won't buy this game until it's been out for some time.

Ultramarine
18 Jun 2009, 09:03am
Whoa lmao... there is a Holocaust of posts in this thread...

And, Zerg rushing was easy to beat, least with Terrans it was... and SC's strong point wasnt in regular play... those Use Map settings games where the best..

Dante
18 Jun 2009, 10:34am

Actually i believe at the Blizzcon they stated that they weren't going to make you pay for battlenet thank god, but yes the 3 parts is bullshit, i wanna play all 3 campains all at once!! :rant:

Italian Jew
18 Jun 2009, 10:36am
Actually i believe at the Blizzcon they stated that they weren't going to make you pay for battlenet thank god, but yes the 3 parts is bullshit, i wanna play all 3 campains all at once!! :rant:

They better not make people pay. You'd think they'd take enough money from splitting up the campaigns.

Bullet Wound
18 Jun 2009, 10:36am
And, Zerg rushing was easy to beat, least with Terrans it was... and SC's strong point wasnt in regular play... those Use Map settings games where the best..

I completely agree, the UMS were all i played when i first got this game. I'm also really looking forwards to the Map Editor, the old Starcraft editor was very dull and had only the most basic stuff (variables consisted of only Booleans, so annoying to make a random trigger only using true and false)

Suri
18 Jun 2009, 01:17pm
They better not make people pay. You'd think they'd take enough money from splitting up the campaigns.

No I read some where that the main Dev guy came out and said that was not going to be the case. They would not make people pay. But we will have to wait and see. I think Blizz is going to make their money off the 3 versions you will end up buying.

And I just got Direct TV, so excited to get Blizzcon on it in August.

SilentGuns
18 Jun 2009, 01:58pm
No need to worry , just wait a few years for the price to drop or just download it. There , problem solved.

Im actually more interested what blizzards new MMO is. Maybe it will be revealed at blizzCon.

Bill Smauz
18 Jun 2009, 03:58pm
I actually don't mind paying separately for each Starcraft2 Campaign. Blizzard has expanded Starcraft to its full potential campaign wise. You as a player are able to decide what planet and what units to go to or get. There are about 30 missions per campaign from previous Starcraft which was 10 per campaign. So we will see Starcraft2's campaign be very appealing even if you must buy each campaign separate.

Dante
18 Jun 2009, 05:19pm
Hmm if its that in depth it sounds even better!

Ultramarine
18 Jun 2009, 09:11pm
I completely agree, the UMS were all i played when i first got this game. I'm also really looking forwards to the Map Editor, the old Starcraft editor was very dull and had only the most basic stuff (variables consisted of only Booleans, so annoying to make a random trigger only using true and false)

You could have tried to get that Forge thing... stareditor or whatever it was called... i didnt make maps but i helped Test maps, gave story's for maps and info for map makers...

18 Jun 2009, 09:59pm
I don't think they're trying to rip us off. The devs say that the other 2 campaigns are going to be expansions, so I don't expect full price, even though they will have the same nr. of missions than the original game, which will feature the Terran (punk ass bitches). I guess they're just trying to release the game in a forseeable future and then take their time making the rest of the SP.

And I'm sure part of it is to make more money. I mean they ARE Blizzard.

Bullet Wound
18 Jun 2009, 10:55pm
You could have tried to get that Forge thing... stareditor or whatever it was called... i didnt make maps but i helped Test maps, gave story's for maps and info for map makers...

Thats what i did use, variables were not supported really well, and the trigger setup was very....basic and annoying.

Psyche
19 Jun 2009, 02:23pm
http://kotaku.com/5296403/heres-17-minutes-of-starcraft-ii-gameplay

17 minutes of starcraft 2 gameplay.

azn_lobster
23 Jun 2009, 06:24pm
I've been wanting to move up to Star Craft 2 and see if "Zerging" still works well...GameStop hasn't given us an official release date. Hopefully it'll be soon. I'll ask my uncle to send me a copy from the states. I'll be overseas.

Dante
23 Jun 2009, 07:04pm
It's going to be months before it comes out, sometime around maybe december or next year i think.

Astrum
23 Jun 2009, 08:59pm
GameStop hasn't given us an official release date.

GameStop doesn't make the release date, Activision-Blizzard does. Anything that GameStop puts up is pure speculation on their part until it goes gold.

Crimson
30 Jun 2009, 11:34pm
In an attempt to stop piracy of one of their next popular titles, Blizzard has decided to remove LAN support from StarCraft II. Cries of "Foul!" and "Screw you Blizzard!" echo around the Internet as hard core fans decry the feature that made the game so popular - cooperative Zerg Rushes among real life friends.

The fans are striking back though, with an online petition that has almost 6000 signatures of this writing. Speculation exists that Blizzard will add LAN support of some sort back, most likely in conjunction with Battle.net accounts.

Seems Blizzard is screwing over their fans, yet again.

Akaru
4 Jul 2009, 07:01pm
(insert Lion King song here)
Oh I just can't waaaaaaaaaaaaait...

...for SC2 to come out!

SilentGuns
5 Jul 2009, 02:28am
Seems Blizzard is screwing over their fans, yet again.

Its not blizzard fault that people pirate games. Blizzard has done nothing wrong , people who pirate games have made them do this.

5 Jul 2009, 02:53am
Its not blizzard fault that people pirate games. Blizzard has done nothing wrong , people who pirate games have made them do this.

So what? Instead of 3 million sold copies they'll sell a couple of thousand less? Most people who play Starcraft play it for the battle.net features and competitive play, so I don't see such a big deal. Unless you're one of those people who thinks everything Blizzard does is godly.

SilentGuns
5 Jul 2009, 03:47am
So what? Instead of 3 million sold copies they'll sell a couple of thousand less? Most people who play Starcraft play it for the battle.net features and competitive play, so I don't see such a big deal. Unless you're one of those people who thinks everything Blizzard does is godly.

Much more than a couple of thousand.