PDA

View Full Version : ze_sst_v2

Bill Smauz
14 Jun 2009, 08:48am
Information: The long expected and waited for new version of StarShip Troopers Escape is being made by yours truly :usa2:. There will be much more balance in this newer version and more fun gameplay including a breathtaking defense at the end in the Whiskey Outpost. There will be many "Bug Holes" which will lead you under the map to new positions to possibly flank your enemy. Play as the Human or the Infected Zombie. Humans must escape to the Outpost on foot or with the help of an APC (Armored Personnel Carrier). Then they must call for evac with the radio communications within the outpost. You then must defend from the horde of oncoming zombies in order to survive until dropship arrival. Be weary thought, there are "Bug Holes" spread through the map some tunnels might lead straight under the outpost so remember to plug the hold.

Gameplay: There will be a few routes you can take. The APC, the cliffs, in caves, or even on foot. No matter which form of transportation you take you must escape to the outpost.

Screenshots (WIP):
http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/9256/apcy.th.jpg (http://img4.imageshack.us/i/apcy.jpg/)
http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/1405/dropship.th.jpg (http://img4.imageshack.us/i/dropship.jpg/)

Jaffa
14 Jun 2009, 01:30pm
looking forward to this :)

Svendy
14 Jun 2009, 01:37pm
nice, i'll be looking forward to it :)

Provectus
14 Jun 2009, 04:59pm
Definitely looking forward to this as well.

Ms. Blargh
14 Jun 2009, 05:52pm
YES! We need some new good maps so badly.

juku
14 Jun 2009, 10:04pm
Yeah you remembered the old ideas that were discussed. :clap::dance:

Kappa The 3rd
14 Jun 2009, 10:05pm
sounds awesome! looking forward to it

Bill Smauz
14 Jun 2009, 10:30pm
http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/1405/dropship.th.jpg (http://img8.imageshack.us/i/dropship.jpg/)

I added some more detail to the dropship because it sort of looked bland.

Desum
14 Jun 2009, 10:32pm
The original SST was pretty sweet in my opinion.. It was just a little bit boring and repetitive. Hopefully you can solve the issues of the original version and turn it into a perfect escape.. Your work looks good so far, best of luck.

Jazz
15 Jun 2009, 02:54am
WUTTT looking foward to this!!! The song is still on when the dropshift comes? Cuz I love that melodi!

chaoslee12
15 Jun 2009, 06:40am
awesome dude I was wondering where u have been bill glad to see u making a better version

Chobber
15 Jun 2009, 04:09pm
Original SST is still my favourite of all the maps on the server.. Cant wait for the sequal! :D

Jazz
16 Jun 2009, 01:42am
Original SST is still my favourite of all the maps on the server.. Cant wait for the sequal! :D

Ah yeah, good call!

Epic Bread Man
16 Jun 2009, 10:55am
sweet! cant wait :D

Olli3
18 Jun 2009, 09:17am
This looks really nice. If it gets finished, I will DEFINANTLY play this.

PingPong
18 Jun 2009, 11:32am
This sounds amazing, just 1 thing try to make sure the vehicle wont kill anyone going in it or around it

Drox
19 Jun 2009, 07:01am
Cant wait to see the finish product :D

Ganzta
19 Jun 2009, 11:32am
FUCK YA!!!!

Daft...
22 Jun 2009, 05:48pm

The original made by SDtielvdeo? Because he had, and excecuted this for the mapping contest back in 2007

Jaffa
23 Jun 2009, 02:06am
Origional was made by sdtiel, but was removed from the servers because it kept crashing them :P

Bill remade it into the success we currently have today

(von dutch) delta force 8
23 Jun 2009, 05:14am
I'm gonna say it again. welcome back ;)

trakaill
23 Jun 2009, 05:58pm
Origional was made by sdtiel, but was removed from the servers because it kept crashing them :P

Bill remade it into the success we currently have today

Im sorry to say this but as much as I love some other map you made..the original(sd's) one was better!

now I hope you improve this to everyones expectation! One small detail please make it so zombs can knife you through the ship!

Jaffa
23 Jun 2009, 06:15pm
try playing SDtiels' one again, then decide. It was cool when it was first out, but humans never won, mainly becuase it had a normal door to get in which was hard to defend

trakaill
26 Jun 2009, 10:43pm
try playing SDtiels' one again, then decide. It was cool when it was first out, but humans never won, mainly becuase it had a normal door to get in which was hard to defend

humans never win sst2 unless they kill all the zombies..
reason is because zombs can stab through the "drop" ship there fore after a round of fighting and everything you still loose for some lame bug....

Jazz
27 Jun 2009, 03:26am
humans never win sst2 unless they kill all the zombies..
reason is because zombs can stab through the "drop" ship there fore after a round of fighting and everything you still loose for some lame bug....

That's why every "leader" say stay off corners/windows, so you don't get stabbed!

2 Dwarves, 1 Coat
30 Jun 2009, 11:39am
Vehicles look great, so I imagine the map will too. I wasn't a fan of the original SST (the one on the servers now), but then again, I don't think Bill is either, so the improved sequel will probably be great, and turn out to be one of the best maps this year.

1 Jul 2009, 06:18am
Vehicles look great, so I imagine the map will too. I wasn't a fan of the original SST (the one on the servers now), but then again, I don't think Bill is either, so the improved sequel will probably be great, and turn out to be one of the best maps this year.

He got a sneak peak... :(

2 Dwarves, 1 Coat
2 Jul 2009, 03:49am
He got a sneak peak... :(

I refuse to comment.

MasterkennyG
2 Jul 2009, 05:59pm
cant wait to see this!

Jazz
3 Jul 2009, 03:12am
So, Bill. When is it going to be completed?

RED_IKILLU
3 Jul 2009, 09:00pm
wow i cant wait to see the finished product!

Robfal
3 Jul 2009, 10:46pm
SST FTW!!!!!

Gator
4 Jul 2009, 01:29am
I cant wait for v2. i remeber when it was still ZM how much fun that map would give.

*Queen VenomousFate*
5 Jul 2009, 02:20pm
Bill, when this map is finished, do not bother to put up a map add request, just PM me the link and I will put it up as soon as I possibly can.

Jazz
5 Jul 2009, 03:15pm
Bill, when this map is finished, do not bother to put up a map add request, just PM me the link and I will put it up as soon as I possibly can.

LOOOOKS LIKE SOMEONE'S INTERESTEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

5 Jul 2009, 03:22pm

NO YOU!

The Baltimore Ravens
5 Jul 2009, 03:42pm
this map will be sick.

msyrupftw
5 Jul 2009, 06:43pm
lol is the fail bus going to stay, we always have so much fun laughing at the fail bus killing people that are near the bus as it turns

2 Dwarves, 1 Coat
5 Jul 2009, 06:55pm
lol is the fail bus going to stay, we always have so much fun laughing at the fail bus killing people that are near the bus as it turns

He has picks of the new APC buried in this thread, I believe.

*Queen VenomousFate*
5 Jul 2009, 09:27pm

I just know that if he puts it up in the map section I will get about 100 PMs an hour until I put it up.

NLS CEL
5 Jul 2009, 11:14pm
I can't wait, thx for your hard work bill :usa2:

Tyrant
6 Jul 2009, 12:17am
I'm sure it will be a great map. Keep up the good work Bill!

Kappa The 3rd
21 Jul 2009, 10:06pm
hey bill any estimate when this map will be done? im getting impatient waiting to play a new and better sst XD

Jazz
22 Jul 2009, 07:22am

Haha, I always got killed by that car thing when I was a noob.

Jazz
3 Aug 2009, 07:12am
BUMP.

Where is Bill and sst.v2?

b0red
3 Aug 2009, 07:39am
YES!!!!

Jazz
12 Aug 2009, 07:07am
... Maybe this could be the choosen map to dominate escape instead of LOTR. Come on!!

EvilOne
13 Aug 2009, 01:37am
At least the vehicles don't look like floating boxes anymore.

Looking good! Like the tunnel idea.

xVengeance
13 Aug 2009, 06:12pm
dang cant wait till sstv2 comes out v1 was awesome.

rabbazor
13 Aug 2009, 07:49pm
Awsome work dude :D
Looking forward to play it ^^

Jazz
14 Aug 2009, 12:10am
Billlllllllllll where are you?

Stevee
14 Aug 2009, 03:41am
Omfg what happened to this map.
Despite the bad comments from people on v1 , i still like it .
So Comon V2 I wanna see it !

ckw
14 Aug 2009, 04:58am
Sst was great! cant wait to this verson!:D

Crazy Dane
15 Aug 2009, 10:00am
looking forward to this :)
What he said.

Bob Loblaw
15 Aug 2009, 07:59pm
Can we please stop bumping this thread. The last time Bill posted here was:
06-15-2009, 12:30 AM #8
Bill Smauz

June 15, exactly 2 months ago. I'm about ready for people to stop saying OMG CAN'T WAIT, it doesn't look like it's coming.

yardy
22 Aug 2009, 04:28pm
is he still alive oO

Jazz
23 Aug 2009, 03:39am
is he still alive oO

Yes I played zombiemod with him yesterday and even talked to him about the map. He said he's stuck with it.

yardy
27 Aug 2009, 08:49am
D: noes......

Bill Smauz
29 Mar 2010, 07:05pm
Long time no see guys :biggrin:! Many of you may be thinking that I am "dead" but that is far from the case. I have been caught up in schoolwork minimizing my game time and my mapping time. You're probably wondering if the new SST will ever come out like I have promised many times in the past. I apologize for my on and off appearances on the servers and the forums. I would just like to say I have started working on a new SST from scratch with new ideas.

You're probably wondering what happened to my ze_ishimura project I was working on, unfortunately I have scrapped it for now, but I may return to the project at a later date. So I'll keep you posted, but for now I will be focusing on the new SST.

Here is a screenshot of [WIP]New Outpost for the SST map.
http://i573.photobucket.com/albums/ss177/BillSmauz/sst_outpost.jpg?t=1269911050

If you have any suggestions about the map please post or pm me or add me to steam friends.
My name is: billsmauz

Movement
29 Mar 2010, 07:27pm
I personally didn't like the first SST. Lets see how this goes.

Drox
29 Mar 2010, 07:30pm
damn I cant wait for this, sst was the shit back in the day so Im hoping this new version blows it away with awesomeness. lol

Jazz
31 Mar 2010, 12:04pm
Out of everything, you've got to keep that same melodi! Otherwise, something terrible will happen....... :spy:

BlackEagle
3 Apr 2010, 09:49am
This map is going to be awesome. The first one was pretty awesome so this one will just be even better.

Keep up the great work!

Bill Smauz
4 Apr 2010, 03:49pm
http://i573.photobucket.com/albums/ss177/BillSmauz/ze_sst_v2_a10000.jpg
http://i573.photobucket.com/albums/ss177/BillSmauz/ze_sst_v2_a10002.jpg
http://i573.photobucket.com/albums/ss177/BillSmauz/ze_sst_v2_a10001.jpg

struki
4 Apr 2010, 03:52pm
Nice skybox,better displacment work.So far,i like it !

Bill Smauz
4 Apr 2010, 04:01pm
Nice skybox,better displacment work.So far,i like it !

Thank you, I may change the lighting tone to a more orangish color and when I finish the map I will make a 3d skybox which will feature more cliffs and rock faces to make the sky seem less boring. At the time I am not sure when I will complete the map but it will be worth the wait as I will soon have the map be tested so message me if you're interested in testing.

struki
4 Apr 2010, 05:03pm
Thank you, I may change the lighting tone to a more orangish color and when I finish the map I will make a 3d skybox which will feature more cliffs and rock faces to make the sky seem less boring. At the time I am not sure when I will complete the map but it will be worth the wait as I will soon have the map be tested so message me if you're interested in testing.

did you made skybox yourself?

Labarr
4 Apr 2010, 06:20pm
great MAP!! I love it! keep it up!!

-Labarr15

Bill Smauz
4 Apr 2010, 07:02pm
did you made skybox yourself?

No, I downloaded the skybox from fpsbanana.

b0red
4 Apr 2010, 07:54pm
I'm pretty excited about this.

Jazz
5 Apr 2010, 04:40am
It's looking good, Bill. Keep it up! :)

2 Dwarves, 1 Coat
5 Apr 2010, 05:33am
Hopefully this can replace the old one, which I don't understand how people like.

Prez
5 Apr 2010, 10:25am
Can't wait for it!

Chobber
5 Apr 2010, 01:47pm
Hopefully this can replace the old one, which I don't understand how people like.

Simply being able to pull off 3 zombie kills with a tmp makes me love this map.. Play it the right way and its the perfect map, IMO.. Give me a TMP and I can easily hold off and kill one zombie on my own.. 2 zombies I should be able to hold off as well..

Chaoz`
5 Apr 2010, 04:27pm
this looks awesome, i will play this for sure

' starbucks
6 Apr 2010, 05:34am
i loved the first sst, i will love this too

Bill Smauz
8 Jun 2010, 10:53am
http://i573.photobucket.com/albums/ss177/BillSmauz/Hammer%20Editor%20Stuff/sst_frame0003.jpg
http://i573.photobucket.com/albums/ss177/BillSmauz/Hammer%20Editor%20Stuff/sst_frame0004.jpg
http://i573.photobucket.com/albums/ss177/BillSmauz/Hammer%20Editor%20Stuff/sst_frame0005.jpg
http://i573.photobucket.com/albums/ss177/BillSmauz/Hammer%20Editor%20Stuff/sst_frame0006.jpg

Update: Hello all... I bet you were all wondering what happened to this map and me. Well I've been busy in school but since it is now summer and time for vacation I have decided to scrap all my work (excluding some vehicles) of the new SST. This means I will be working on a whole new design and new environment. We all know the old SST (worst map on the escape server imo) and the blocks that make up its world. Well I have started using displacements to spice up the environment and add a touch of realism to the world as well. So here you go, this is all I have done just today. You can probably expect further updates soon and hopefully, if not like my last few projects, won't be discontinued.

Jazz
8 Jun 2010, 11:17am
Yes. Gogogo!

iNorris
8 Jun 2010, 12:10pm
And you will hopefully be adding more "spice," because it looks awfully bland at the moment.

Prez
8 Jun 2010, 01:52pm
Very nice Bill. Can't wait to see any further updates man!

Drox
8 Jun 2010, 01:54pm
Been waiting a long time for this map, hope to see it soon. Keep up the great job bill.

starbucks
8 Jun 2010, 02:00pm
We all know the old SST (worst map on the escape server imo)

NO!

Bob Loblaw
8 Jun 2010, 04:30pm
http://i573.photobucket.com/albums/ss177/BillSmauz/Hammer%20Editor%20Stuff/sst_frame0003.jpg
http://i573.photobucket.com/albums/ss177/BillSmauz/Hammer%20Editor%20Stuff/sst_frame0004.jpg
http://i573.photobucket.com/albums/ss177/BillSmauz/Hammer%20Editor%20Stuff/sst_frame0005.jpg
http://i573.photobucket.com/albums/ss177/BillSmauz/Hammer%20Editor%20Stuff/sst_frame0006.jpg

Update: Hello all... I bet you were all wondering what happened to this map and me. Well I've been busy in school but since it is now summer and time for vacation I have decided to scrap all my work (excluding some vehicles) of the new SST. This means I will be working on a whole new design and new environment. We all know the old SST (worst map on the escape server imo) and the blocks that make up its world. Well I have started using displacements to spice up the environment and add a touch of realism to the world as well. So here you go, this is all I have done just today. You can probably expect further updates soon and hopefully, if not like my last few projects, won't be discontinued.

As long as helms deep and paranoid remain on the server, sst can't be the worst.

Supa
10 Jun 2010, 05:36pm
Looking good Bill. I'll be looking forward to this map this summer for sure.

Prez
12 Jun 2010, 01:36pm
Yay bill! Remember, drink lots of coke!

yardy
12 Jun 2010, 02:12pm
Usually maps with good looks have shitty Gameplay. But good look on success, and remember to keep the props low and use many brush works, to increase FPS rate.

Keep up the good work!

iNorris
12 Jun 2010, 02:33pm
Usually maps with good looks have shitty Gameplay. But good look on success, and remember to keep the props low and use many brush works, to increase FPS rate.

Keep up the good work!

Yeah I agree. Mt. Doom is a huge pile of shit. Shitty shit shit.

/sarcasm

Bill Smauz
12 Jun 2010, 02:41pm

Keep up the good work!

I have always had the mindset that Gameplay comes first before Detail. With this in mind I will ensure that players feel that the gameplay in this map feels A LOT DIFFERENT FROM THE OLD SST! If the gameplay at first is not what is hoped to be then I will for sure make proper edits needed on the map so please have an open mind and think of suggestions when the map is released and I will be more than happy to listen to your thoughts and opinions.

yardy
14 Jun 2010, 07:06am
Hey,

so far I'm actually pretty stunned when I look at this new version looking at the screenshots other to the old SST. I really hope that this will turn out well. Since the looks of the map already make me want to play this map. I can't wait for it to come out!

So don't be lazy and work as hard as you can! So that I can play!

(+rep) for making SST and this newer version, due to this map I spent various hours playing on our ZombieEscape server.

Jazz
14 Jun 2010, 09:56am
A LOT DIFFERENT FROM THE OLD SST!

Not too different please, just some minor details.

Bill Smauz
14 Jun 2010, 10:00am
Not too different please, just some minor details.

The old SST focused on a sort of linear path where it was just up to chance who spawned as zombie, if the zombie spawned at the the back then Humans win because it would be impossible for the zombie to get any kills. The map was at the same time easy and hard for the humans and it was pretty imbalanced. Overall the gameplay, I hope will be a lot different focusing more on the escape rather than the hunting of zombies and teamwork. It will be longer than the old SST with more routes and will require a lot of teamwork if you wish to Escape.

yardy
14 Jun 2010, 10:30am
To be honest with you Billy, that was what I actually liked about the map, going after the remaining zombies and shooting them. This holding of certain points driving the zombies back. Since most of the times the zombie was not the first guy and was driven back through *napalm* he grenades. For me SST and BOATESCAPE_REMIX_V5 are my favorite maps, so please keep this kinda of gameplay.

Or just try to do holding points that are big and not that narrow, since that's really fun!

Anyways keep up the good work Smauz!

Bill Smauz
14 Jun 2010, 12:06pm
To be honest with you Billy, that was what I actually liked about the map, going after the remaining zombies and shooting them. This holding of certain points driving the zombies back. Since most of the times the zombie was not the first guy and was driven back through *napalm* he grenades. For me SST and BOATESCAPE_REMIX_V5 are my favorite maps, so please keep this kinda of gameplay.

Or just try to do holding points that are big and not that narrow, since that's really fun!

Anyways keep up the good work Smauz!

Well I hate to disappoint you but I am afraid to say that the main objective of the map will be to escape to the Outpost and holdout until the Dropship arrives for evac. Zombie hunting is one aspect I am trying to distance this map from as I believe Zombie Escape is about escaping not hunting zombies.

mapper
14 Jun 2010, 12:50pm
ow shit wrong topic

yardy
15 Jun 2010, 07:59am
Well I hate to disappoint you but I am afraid to say that the main objective of the map will be to escape to the Outpost and holdout until the Dropship arrives for evac. Zombie hunting is one aspect I am trying to distance this map from as I believe Zombie Escape is about escaping not hunting zombies.

That sounds all cool to me, just that I hope that humans still can leave the base again and hunt zombies! And try to get rid of the bug that zombies can jump from below the dropship knifing everyone.

But yeah nice ideas so far!

Jazz
15 Jun 2010, 03:17pm
If the map requires a lot of teamwork, then I'm all good. Teamwork is the best method in fighting zambies!

PS: Please don't make invisible walls or anything ridicoulus just to slow down the zombies. We need to look back and shoot more often.

Forester155
15 Jun 2010, 03:51pm
That sounds all cool to me, just that I hope that humans still can leave the base again and hunt zombies! And try to get rid of the bug that zombies can jump from below the dropship knifing everyone.

But yeah nice ideas so far!

Didnt he say that there would be as much distancing from zombie hunting as possible?

Dr. Freeman
25 Jun 2010, 06:01pm
that would be pretty cool to have sst v2 map..

struki
17 Jul 2010, 12:50am
Spawns:

1st:
http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/9783/hl22010071708162706.jpg
2nd
http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/9591/hl22010071708163212.jpg
3rd
http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/705/sst1.png

Cave enterances:

1st cave: http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/1879/hl22010071708170148.jpg

2nd cave: http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/4623/hl22010071708173157.jpg

Tram:

http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/7007/hl22010071708174406.jpg

Inside caves:

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/9374/hl22010071708181485.jpg

http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/4331/hl22010071708170578.jpg

http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/4562/hl22010071708171529.jpg

1st hold off:

http://img682.imageshack.us/img682/3412/hl22010071708181720.jpg

2nd hold off:

http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/5233/hl22010071708183515.jpg

APC:

http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/7333/hl22010071708183896.jpg

Fort:

http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/6646/hl22010071708184982.jpg

http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/5355/hl22010071708185440.jpg

In fort,randomly,either wall crashes or ground breaks,so thats 1 more hold off (Like in movie)

And i can proudly say that map is Complete.And that it will be released

Next week.Thanks for reading

NLS CEL
17 Jul 2010, 01:06am
doesnt look too bad. Love to try it out.