PDA

View Full Version : How do i demo or screenshot?

Marine Corp(No sound)
13 Jun 2009, 12:14pm
There are so many rule breakers on the servers when admins are not there and i see them do it but i cant ban them because i dont have proof.How do i take a screen shot or demo someone and put them on the forums?What do i need to download?Please help!

Huwajux
13 Jun 2009, 12:21pm
There are so many rule breakers on the servers when admins are not there and i see them do it but i cant ban them because i dont have proof.How do i take a screen shot or demo someone and put them on the forums?What do i need to download?Please help!
Please post these kinds of things in this (http://www.steamgamers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=254) forum in future.

To take a demo, open the console whilst in-game and type "record demoname", without the quotation marks. When you are ready to stop your demo type "stop". You're demo will be located in C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\steamname\counter-strike source\cstrike or something similiar, depending on which drive you installed CS:S. Once you find your demo in this folder, right click it and select "Add to demoname.rar". This is a WinRaR function and if you do not have this program already, download it here (http://download.cnet.com/WinRAR/3000-2250_4-10745708.html).

After this is done just simply submit a player complaint and send in the .rar version of the demo which will also be contained inside your cstrike folder. Be sure to always take a screenshot of the offender's name an steam ID. To do this open console in-game and type in "status". Simply print screen it and copy and paste it into paint or a similiar program and save it.

If you are unsure what console is, simply go in-game and select options. Go to the keyboard tab and click on advanced. Then all you have to do is tick "Enable developer console". Then you just press ` everytime you want the open and close it. ` is located above your tab key and to the left of your 1 key.

Marine Corp(No sound)
13 Jun 2009, 08:58pm
Ty Huwajux

Huwajux
14 Jun 2009, 06:53am
Ty Huwajux
No problem.

Christo
14 Jun 2009, 07:49am
:confused1:I shall type "record the name of the demo" to record my moves in CSS?:confused1:

Christo
14 Jun 2009, 07:50am
Is it not correct?
:dance:

Huwajux
14 Jun 2009, 08:36am
Is it not correct?
:dance:
Yes, but don't add the ".