PDA

View Full Version : America's Army

Cromyth
13 Jun 2009, 10:35am
Well, about 5 years ago or so I found a game called America's Army. It is a US Army recruiter and it is a lot like the real thing. It simulates 1 shot kills, weapon jams, Friendly fire, vehicles, Special Forces, Basic Training, Sniper Training (Marksman). I was in Elementary School when I found this game. It was the game that got me started in FPS and gaming in general. Most of you may now it as AA3. Great Game and all around perfect realism. http://americasarmy.com/

Zargotelc
13 Jun 2009, 10:43am
Yeah I've begun preloading the game now. It's available off Steam for free.

Huwajux
13 Jun 2009, 12:36pm
Wow, I played this before I even knew Counterstrike existed. Still a brilliant game and I recommend it to anyone who hasn't tried it. The only problem is the training missions which you have to sit through, because it is a simulator (don't worry, the actual game itself is good) you have to take a quiz. Just go on the internet and cheat by getting the answers off there. Then get going!

It has paramilitary missions which are good fun and is extremely realistic (in a good way). It can become quit frightening when you are alone too, because there is a deathly silence in the air and a couple of shots and you are dead. There are medics, but they can only stop bleeding and not get your health back up. If you leave yourself bleeding you will eventually drop dead from blood loss.

It makes a real change of pace if anyone is looking for it.

Leon
13 Jun 2009, 12:41pm
Wow, I played this before I even knew Counterstrike existed. Still a brilliant game and I recommend it to anyone who hasn't tried it. The only problem is the training missions which you have to sit through, because it is a simulator (don't worry, the actual game itself is good) you have to take a quiz. Just go on the internet and cheat by getting the answers off there. Then get going!
It has paramilitary missions which are good fun and is extremely realistic (in a good way). It can become quit frightening when you are alone too, because there is a deathly silence in the air and a couple of shots and you are dead. There are medics, but they can only stop bleeding and not get your health back up. If you leave yourself bleeding you will eventually drop dead from blood loss.

It makes a real change of pace if anyone is looking for it.

I did that, i was getting pissed off wasting my time listening to the guy OVER because either i acidently got up, forgot how many rotars,blades ect were there...

Cromyth
13 Jun 2009, 01:04pm
I did that, i was getting pissed off wasting my time listening to the guy OVER because either i acidently got up, forgot how many rotars,blades ect were there...

Lol I know your problem, the final SF mission, I got my friends dad to do it for me xD. Him and I played together and like I was just as good as he was when I was 11 or so. Only reason I went to that kids house was to hang with him (No Homo) [And No he is like 20 something not 40]

Cromyth
13 Jun 2009, 01:04pm
Yeah so that is the problem with the game even though it isnt that bad. It takes patience and have to have a really good headset to listen to footsteps. Btw The Rifle is one of the best guns if u have really good aim

Leon
13 Jun 2009, 01:07pm
Lol I know your problem, the final SF mission, I got my friends dad to do it for me xD. Him and I played together and like I was just as good as he was when I was 11 or so. Only reason I went to that kids house was to hang with him (No Homo) [And No he is like 20 something not 40]

I never finished the SF mission, my ninja skills werent enough:sad2:

Cromyth
13 Jun 2009, 01:23pm
I never finished the SF mission, my ninja skills werent enough:sad2:

You just need to stay low and in bushes

PuMa
25 Jun 2009, 05:47am
Just stay low

connor
25 Jun 2009, 09:47pm
No more lag there's a new patch

Silverman
27 Jun 2009, 11:17pm
Not a big fan of this game. Seems way to recruity... plus, I don't think the US army would want me anyway... I love being a terrorist for the AK-47 in CS. :lol:

Huwajux
28 Jun 2009, 05:26am
Fail fail fail fail FAIL GAME!

AA2 was great fun, but AA3 seems to have screwed everything up. It's a huge performence whore aswell, I run it on the lowest resolution and lowest graphical settings and it still lags like hell, whilst at the same time looking like a donkey's ass.

MtrxMn
28 Jun 2009, 04:57pm
Fail fail fail fail FAIL GAME!

AA2 was great fun, but AA3 seems to have screwed everything up. It's a huge performence whore aswell, I run it on the lowest resolution and lowest graphical settings and it still lags like hell, whilst at the same time looking like a donkey's ass.

That's how it was on my computer... I already deleted it

Robfal
28 Jun 2009, 05:04pm
I like it. Reminds me of BCT and AIT at Fort Jackson. Haven't really played online yet though.

MtrxMn
28 Jun 2009, 05:33pm
I like it. Reminds me of BCT and AIT at Fort Jackson. Haven't really played online yet though.

My sister went to Fort Jackson! What year were you there?

Kamakazii101
29 Jun 2009, 11:09am
I downloaded it and played it for a few hours. My computer practically shit itself, I think its time I upgraded it :'(

Slash/
30 Jun 2009, 07:24am
AA3 was pushed out way to soon. Studio was getting major employee loss during the entire production with no adjustment to the release date. Pretty much the studio was being ripped apart by people getting fired day after day. The worst part of it all was the day after release the studio was shut down.

Creeping Death
30 Jun 2009, 10:31am
boot camp is a lil hard and long

Drox
30 Jun 2009, 12:55pm
Im actually still playing AA2 more then AA3 intill they fix more of it, I can play it pretty ok but the FPS lag blows and its even worse on honor servers.

Silverman
30 Jun 2009, 04:39pm
"I thought the game was great, especially since it was free. I think I will join the real Army, that would be a swell idea." Morons.

Drox
30 Jun 2009, 04:46pm
"I thought the game was great, especially since it was free. I think I will join the real Army, that would be a swell idea." Morons.

Who said anything about joining the Army cause you play AA? lol Its a free FPS which isnt that bad.

(von dutch) delta force 8
30 Jun 2009, 05:45pm
I downloaded it from steam, I was like "let's do this (given the complaints about the harshness of the training missions) turns out that my goddamn pc couldnt take the shit load of graphix the game is using

all I could see where some silhouet army men and rainbow collored flowers n all, no to mention my fps of 5,00

Lux
30 Jun 2009, 07:13pm
One word.......Bridge

The worst camp whore map in the history of gaming.

Robfal
30 Jun 2009, 08:39pm
My sister went to Fort Jackson! What year were you there?

Summer 2007
2-13th Inf Regt. B Co.

Drox
30 Jun 2009, 09:02pm
One word.......Bridge

The worst camp whore map in the history of gaming.

lol if you played the bridge map in AA2 it wouldnt surprise you. :P