PDA

View Full Version : forcing players to one big team?

awesomebillfromdawsonvile
11 Jun 2009, 12:40pm
anyone know how i can do this? would be really helpful for a minigame map im doin. thanks in advance.

Red
11 Jun 2009, 12:54pm
I think we can run map specific configs. I know we can for weapon restriction which uses manimod, so I don't see why it couldn't run ma team balancing commands.

I just saw your edit, what's the answer?

SpikedRocker
11 Jun 2009, 04:51pm
Pretty much to have everyone on 1 team really won't be a good thing as rounds offically never start. But to say have 1 on t and the rest on ct...you just create the spawns that way. Then the people running the server will need to make sure team balancing is set so that it would allow everyone to join a team.

11 Jun 2009, 11:27pm
yeah pretty much my answer was that, one ct and the rest ts. i needed someone to work the controls anyways =). I didnt realize the last part about the server having to take care of the settings though...

Chobber
13 Jun 2009, 06:20pm
It doesnt require any CT spawnpoints does it, though?

I mean .. Is the Ts going to kill the CT somhow or will it just be fucked when either part reaches the end and then wait for the timer to go out?

SpikedRocker
13 Jun 2009, 08:24pm
yeah pretty much my answer was that, one ct and the rest ts. i needed someone to work the controls anyways =). I didnt realize the last part about the server having to take care of the settings though...

Yeah if the servers are setup to have auto-team balancers they will need to be turned off for that map, otherwise how ever the team balance is set up once they hit that no one else will be able to join a team.

13 Jun 2009, 09:09pm
yeah the ts will kill the cts at the end.

so is there somthing in the map i will have to do so that the teams dont get all screwy, or will the sever just need an admin on to change that set up all the time, cuz that would suck