View Full Version : ze_trainescape_b2

Henda
28 Nov 2007, 08:37am
Post your comments on this map.

Do you like it? Why?
Do you not like it? Why?
Improvements?
Cons?

Also remember to place your vote in the poll.

MrGall
28 Nov 2007, 10:33am
i think it's got the abuiltys too be good. but it isnt at all atm which i think allot of the people who just played it would agree with me.

Henda
28 Nov 2007, 12:31pm
At least post whats wrong with it, you can't improve maps if you do posts like ures with no info other than you don't like it.

Jaffa
28 Nov 2007, 12:50pm
Was playing it earlier and really enjoyed it, but others didn't agree

Do you like it? Why?

I liked it because it was something new (which is always good), its a good idea, and plus one round me and a few others ended up holding the train against loads of zombies whilst it was moving, as we got forced further and further down the carriages until we held our last stand at the end

Improvements?

Maybe more routes to the train
Change the exit to the train activation room to somewhere else, because it often happened that the guy pressing the buttons would die because zombies would of already taken the platform (maybe put it high up so he can jump somewhere)
The ladders in the sewers were hard to climb, especially with a lot of people trying
Maybe somewhere to get off and hide at the end of the line?

Cons?

One thing i did see was that on the front carriage zombies were running into each other, then one would die for some reason

I want to climb the water tower :(

Mr_President
28 Nov 2007, 01:26pm
Hell I'll take anything over black lion and spaceship troopers.

£cho
28 Nov 2007, 03:34pm
Thanks for the comments, everyone. I've decided to release a new version, b3, tonight. I'm compiling the map now, and while I still have pending permission to make these changes (the reason why I didn't make any drastic changes in b2 from the original map), I'm going to go ahead and release it anyway.

The following changes have been made to this new release:
- Ladders in sewer system have been fixed.
- Outside secret ladder has been fixed.
- Exit to generator room has been made secure with a catwalk, so those coming out of it won't die from zombies instantly and actually have a good chance of surviving, even with zombies on the train flatbeds.
- Added new safety barricades and fences at the train station to ensure that humans stand a chance against any zombies at that point.
- Attempted to fix any problems when riding the train, like randomly getting stuck on others, strange glitches, and random deaths. No guarantees though, as I didn't try too hard to fix the problem. You've got to remember this is a beta release we're talking about, people. There's bound to be problems I simply can't fix without looking further into the problem. Thank you for reporting it, though.
- Added buildings and areas to take cover in when the train leaves and when the nuke has gone off in case there are remaining zombies on the train somehow.
- Added further optimization for less lag and better FPS.
- Fixed the strange and rare p228 and knife starting weapons error. I will not be adding a buyzone, ever. I've tested it this way, and it has proven not to work. p228's have a good firepower-to-practicality ratio that makes them perfect in escape maps of this type.
- Fixed minor graphical glitches.
- Fixed minor gameplay glitches.

So, as I said, it's compiling now. I will be posting in the other topic in the escape maps section when it is ready to be downloaded and uploaded to the server for further testing and release. Thanks again, everyone. Been of great help - as always. :cool:

Jaffa
28 Nov 2007, 03:58pm
Sounds great :D Can't wait to play the new version!

Silent
28 Nov 2007, 04:19pm
Good map, other then the obvious fixes I'd have to say the only thing that would make it better is a second gun room. This way everyone on the server will not run to the same gunroom which usually ends in 90% people getting slaughtered. The few people that are left only have a handgun.. not easy to work with.

Jaffa
28 Nov 2007, 04:51pm
maybe have a few gun points scattered on the route to the train, like with the shotguns?

£cho
28 Nov 2007, 05:08pm
Well that'll have to wait for the next release. The entire point of the one gun room is for everyone to just get in and get out, or else you're screwed over. Anyone who sits there and looks for the perfect gun is going to die, end of story.

And there are guns scattered throughout the map, you just need to find them. Look carefully, and I'm sure you'll find a couple shotties just lying on the ground.

In any case, check out the thread in the escape maps section for the new release. It's on FPSBanana and ready to go. :cool:

Mr_President
28 Nov 2007, 05:27pm
Well that'll have to wait for the next release. The entire point of the one gun room is for everyone to just get in and get out, or else you're screwed over. Anyone who sits there and looks for the perfect gun is going to die, end of story.

And there are guns scattered throughout the map, you just need to find them. Look carefully, and I'm sure you'll find a couple shotties just lying on the ground.

In any case, check out the thread in the escape maps section for the new release. It's on FPSBanana and ready to go. :cool:

The Rope the rope in the alley could you fix that?

£cho
28 Nov 2007, 05:50pm
Fixed in b3, along with all the other ladders. I've even added a couple to new areas while you're waiting for the train and after the nuke has exploded in case any zombies remain after the train has left and the nuke has gone off.

Jaffa
28 Nov 2007, 07:59pm
thats cool, i still love the times when a few humans are despartly trying to fight a mass of zombies on the moving train, with them slowly getting forced back and back

Alien
29 Nov 2007, 06:03am
Good map

Henda
29 Nov 2007, 06:11am
Echo didn't say he made the map, If you had read, you would see he gives full credits to the actual creators, also he doesn't just upload maps, he makes changes to them.

Reunion
29 Nov 2007, 06:18am
only fun for me for a while. ended up being the last human 3 times and sneaking on to the train w/out being noticed. Made it into the tree fort each time, but after a while they realize and start searching. not many places to hide after that.

Jaffa
29 Nov 2007, 10:33am
i foudn one issue with random deaths on the train, i think its because of the hatches on the front part of the train, i think its when someone ets trapped between another player and a hatch they sometimes die

£cho
29 Nov 2007, 02:53pm
Thanks again for the comments, people. Unfortunetly, I can't make any more changes without violating creator laws, so I'm not sure I can do much more to this map. Of course, if the authors of the map contact me and give me permission to make more changes, I will, so keep those suggestions coming.

I will look into the random deaths on the train. For now, don't get stuck. lol...and if I can, I'll look into adding more areas at the end, or forcing the map to end once the nuke explodes.

Microshockk
25 Dec 2007, 10:33am
I liked it.

But it's not even on the roster of maps on the Zombie Escape server.

VirDeBello
25 Dec 2007, 10:51am
Make it so you can go inside the train or something and maybe cade up while the train is moving?

EvInReaLife
25 Dec 2007, 12:04pm
guys... this thread is like a month old

£cho
25 Dec 2007, 12:30pm
Still open though. :)

I hope to take all of these suggestions and make the map the best it can be in the next release. Thanks a bunch for everyone's honest opinion. :cool:

Alien
26 Dec 2007, 07:08am
I vote yes.

yaser66
26 Dec 2007, 08:34am
im sry but i will forever and ever hate it couse its too easy for zombies

Alien
26 Dec 2007, 08:51am
im sry but i will forever and ever hate it couse its too easy for zombies
easy for zombies,hard for humans is really good.I really love challenge.
challenge is really good.

James
27 Dec 2007, 04:27am
Closed.