PDA

View Full Version : prison break server

coworker
9 Jun 2009, 11:25pm
One thing that is a problem and would be a nice feature to add to the server is the ability to talk or type while dead in a seperate chat room than the people that are alive.This just could be used for admins on questions of freekilling or just to still carry on a conversation while dead with other dead people.

Ms. Blargh
9 Jun 2009, 11:30pm
yah I think that would make the waiting time when freekilled not so bad
having a dead chat.

Awacs
10 Jun 2009, 04:17am
I thought someone said it wasn't possible. Something about alive CTs ant Ts wouldn't be able to hear each other. Something like Escape. I might be wrong though.

CandleJack
10 Jun 2009, 06:19am
S2k has something like that

Harbor
10 Jun 2009, 06:30am
I said this awhile back something like Dust2 has. And apparently its not possible because of all talk being on, if it is possible thats a great idea

Silentfaith
10 Jun 2009, 08:19am
Admins dont ask people questions in servers if you were killed or what not, we cannot go by your word we have to see it to do any action. We can also just unmute you to hear you talk. I don't think we can add this because it would mess up our current chat system that mutes ppl upon dieing.

Epic Bread Man
10 Jun 2009, 09:03am
Seems a good idea Coworker, but i dont see this happening because their is always somkind of complicated reason why we cant have things like this :(, But yeh It would be great to be able to have a seperate dead chat, and as Blargh said it would make waiting time that little more less annoying,

Nighthawk
11 Jun 2009, 12:19pm
What about just letting people type but not talk?

Svendy
12 Jun 2009, 01:41am
even though thats plausible as there is a command for it in ESS, but:
* Experimental!
* Difficult command to use -- most mods reset this value every gameframe
i'm not sure if this has been made more stable with ESPy

Bethy
12 Jun 2009, 03:41am
I think that would make it hard for a dead admin to talk to alive players or warn them.