PDA

View Full Version : prototype

ReGIONALS
9 Jun 2009, 03:10am
did anyone preorder or gonna buy it on the tenth???
im gonna try and preorder tomorow like the day b4 is coms out :| and get wheelman just to bitch aroun with till i get ym new computer.

Ganzta
9 Jun 2009, 03:26am
... this is the fps section if you havn't realized?

Scree :O
9 Jun 2009, 06:54am
There really is no Third Person section.

Eldest
12 Jun 2009, 02:57pm
Just got it and guess what this game is LEGEN...wait for it..DARY. LEGENDARY!AWESOME!SUPERB!

Frostbyte
12 Jun 2009, 06:04pm
Once I buy it, yall can expect a review.

Runski
12 Jun 2009, 09:46pm
Once I buy it, yall can expect a review.

And I will read it, and predict if it is worth a high amount of money. And whether i should buy it.

Bad Dog
13 Jun 2009, 04:16pm
Hahah i heard bout this game, watch some gameplay.. This game looks sooo bad it isnt even funny. Graphics on city are really bad, no detail in building, LOT of pop in wich is just unnacceptable now a days. The gameplay looks pretty bad ass though, but from the review I read theres so many powers the button combinations to use them are just ridiculous. I thought it would be good, but Im not even gonna waste 8 bucks for a rental. Imma stick with inFamous thank you :D

Eldest
14 Jun 2009, 02:38am
Hahah i heard bout this game, watch some gameplay.. This game looks sooo bad it isnt even funny. Graphics on city are really bad, no detail in building, LOT of pop in wich is just unnacceptable now a days. The gameplay looks pretty bad ass though, but from the review I read theres so many powers the button combinations to use them are just ridiculous. I thought it would be good, but Im not even gonna waste 8 bucks for a rental. Imma stick with inFamous thank you :D

You kidding right? This game is awesome, you can't expect to have a crysis-style graphics on this kind of a game, you can go anywhere, on top of any building, total freerunning across the city. The gameplay is awesome, there is not wrong with the large amount of combinations, just pick out your favorites and stick to using them. I love the upgrade system too, you can design your character the way you play, i.e you can go total stealth, or pump up health and damage and just kick the shit out of everyone.

Lux
14 Jun 2009, 09:10am

pfff terrible summary.

The graphics aren't great I admit, but the map is HUGE and really the graphics are good enough anyway.

There is detail in the buildings, like when you run up buildings the glass cracks, and the ground breaks etc. Bit generic but it works can't expect a whole city of custom made scenary.

The button combinations really aren't hard at all, they are very simple tbh, at first the game seems like a lot to handle but you get the hang of it eventually, the command list is always there to help, but moves in general aren't any more complicated than buttons at the same time.

I'll explain the general idea of the game. You have a man named Alex Mercer who wakes up not knowing about the past at all. He learns that he has these incredible powers such as running up walls and surviving heavy damage, the fact that he can jump off the Empire States Building and survive is one :P. To gain memory Alex "consumes" people who have memories he needs, by consuming them he gains their memory basically. You also gain health from consuming, and you can take the identity of people to gain access to military bases, or to escape from attention.

You need to get EP points through doing tasks and missions and you use these to unlock abilities. These include everything from new combat moves to surviving longer, and some unlocks will unlock more abilities, so even if you don't like the looks of it it may unlock an ability you will like.

There are lots of different classes that I'll briefly explain

Combat Powers

Claw - A nice power to have at the start, you basically have Wolverine claws and slice people up sharpish.

Hammerfist - Until you start hijacking tanks this is the best way to destroy armour, but I didn't use it much after that.

Whipfist - For me this is the most useful power. HIGHLY EXPLOITABLE where you basically just use the longrange homing attack and keep running away from your enemy. For me this has gotten me through the big boss battles.

Musclemass - Used occasionally whenever you want to fight hand to hand, as this increases your damage in hand to hand combat....

Blade Power - This power will give you best damaging attacks and will rip apart most enemies easilly.

Defensive Powers

Shield - IMO a useless power that I never used. Meant to shield you until it breaks, but I would rather just fight.

Armour - Very useful when you are in fights where you don't have to move location. You lose the ability to glide but get increased armour.

Sensory Powers

Thermal vision - I've never needed this, meant to make areas easier to see when covered by smoke but I have yet to find a time when I've needed it.

Infected vision - Haven't had it long but only needed it for the mission where you must use it. You get to see all civilians and military who are infected but do not know it.

I haven't completed the game yet, but here the general positives I have for the game so far.

- Long play time. Compared to some similiar games where you hardly get anything I haven't finished and I feel that the producers have put a lot into the game.

- Sub missions. There are a lot of different off main story missions you can do. These are generally time based, but they do vary and if you are patient you will get more EP which means more moves!

- The variety of things that you can do stands out for me. You can run, you can scale, you can glide, you can drive tanks, fly helicopters, and the differences in powers makes this game really cool. It's a mixture of GTA, Spiderman, Assassin's Creed and more in one game.

Here are the negatives I've picked up so far

- There are a lot of cutscenes, mostly memories which you don't really need to know. I don't personally mind watching them it adds to the experience, but I doubt everyone will enjoy them.

- The storyline is set in stone. They give you the option of doing what sub missions and fighting Hives (Infected's bases) or Military Bases but when it comes down to it you end up at the same end.

- The fact that 60% of the population are infected and there are zombie monsters running around and yet there are civilians walking and driving happily around the city, sometimes running pointlessly around zombie zones when it should be sealed off to military. You also notice that places which were in destruction earlier that have been cleared of infection suddenly become normal again, all the buildings go back to normal and people are walking around again. You also the times when you jump into a military base and create a massive hole in the floor and lots of noise and yet they look right through you and "lose the suspect" just because you are in a military disguise. I would of thought the fact that you just survived a 500ft fall was enough of a give away.

In my opinion the game is still great and I would recommend it HIGHLY to anyone.

Bad Dog
14 Jun 2009, 03:24pm
All im saying is infamous lets you do same thing (almost) and the buildings are actually detailed in that they arent just tall flat surfaces with windows painted on. And there is no pop-up. Im not saying the game is bad the gameplay looks fuckin sweet..but that pop up just turned me off and the graphics, I dont expect Crysis esque graphics cuz I didnt play Cryisis BUT I expect somthing prettier than a launch PS2 graphic game.

deltafuzz
29 Jun 2009, 01:15pm
played it and loved it. the game has a very deep story to it (which makes it all the better!).

however, the game has a little issue that just irriates me... if the virus is airborne then how come a. the normal soldiers WITHOUT gasmasks dont turn to zombies b. shouldnt it spread no matter what kind of blockade is in place. c. this is sort of a rip off from the 28 days later film (and 28 weeks later).

anyway overall AWESOME GAME, and hope you enjoy it

zapper
29 Jun 2009, 02:08pm
i disguised myself as the enemys soldiers and started helping them killing all the infected :D
its a fun game

Wrathek
29 Jun 2009, 02:13pm
much more fun to patsy/stealth consume an entire military facility.

Scree :O
29 Jun 2009, 04:21pm
At the end, the game becomes really fucking hard. You have a mission where you need to infiltrate a base which has a protection in the form of huge guards ( around 1/2 of a Space Marine). There are also probes running around and of course helicopters and a huge wall of smoke all around the perimeter of the base. The smoke hurts you a LOT.

It's a good game if you can look past the graphics and a few bugs.

Lux
29 Jun 2009, 05:58pm
At the end, the game becomes really fucking hard. You have a mission where you need to infiltrate a base which has a protection in the form of huge guards ( around 1/2 of a Space Marine). There are also probes running around and of course helicopters and a huge wall of smoke all around the perimeter of the base. The smoke hurts you a LOT.

It's a good game if you can look past the graphics and a few bugs.

Yeah destroying the Blood toax (or something like that) factory is quite hard but personally I just consumed a military person and hijacked a tank....took out about a 1/3 of the targets before being blown up and I then just ran for my life and repeated till done.

zapper
29 Jun 2009, 06:27pm
im in that part
is a pain in the ass cause i cant see what i have to destroy

Wrathek
29 Jun 2009, 09:33pm
target system ftw. also you dont get harmed by the blood tox in a tank.

Mikey
29 Jun 2009, 10:19pm
the last boss is a bitch.. i did it on hard and it took me about 30 times, 2 days to finish

2 Dwarves, 1 Coat
30 Jun 2009, 02:46am
The fight against Greene was probably the hardest for me. It took me over an hour to kill the big, fleshy monster. The bloodtox mission is easy enough if you consume a military grunt then take an airtank in. Good twists in the story make it a must play, but some objectives take up too much time, ie. KILL ALL PATROLS NEAR THE SAFEHOUSE, and aren't important to the plot.

ReGIONALS
17 Jul 2009, 06:03pm
played it and loved it. the game has a very deep story to it (which makes it all the better!).

however, the game has a little issue that just irriates me... if the virus is airborne then how come a. the normal soldiers WITHOUT gasmasks dont turn to zombies b. shouldnt it spread no matter what kind of blockade is in place. c. this is sort of a rip off from the 28 days later film (and 28 weeks later).

anyway overall AWESOME GAME, and hope you enjoy it

prototype takes place in new york not uk