PDA

View Full Version : I'm back from my trip.

Riggs
27 Nov 2007, 04:01pm
Hey, hey, hey.

I got back from my trip a couple days ago (for those of you who don't know, I went backpacking down the valley). I've been in the hospital since I got back because I broke my (right) arm while coming back, and as we were still about two days away, I had to do a makeshift sling for it, but it became infected (apparently there was a stick in it :rolleyes:).
I broke it while we were snowboarding. We started a small avalanche, to ride it out on the top, but I wiped out and my arm got sucked under and snapped. It's no big deal, though. They cleaned up the infection at the hospital and casted it up in plaster, and it should be healed reasonably soon. The only problem with it is that it'll limit my options in my job hunt. For one, not many employers will give me even basic health insurance while it's on, and for two, I can't really do any manual-labor jobs at the moment.

Anyway, I hope to get online once in a while to chat with you guys (even if I can't play). I'm going to be really busy, with work and things, but I'm going to try to make some time for fun.

Kennith
27 Nov 2007, 04:19pm
I bet you cried like a baby. Pshh, "It's no big deal, though."

Riggs
27 Nov 2007, 04:24pm
I most certainly did not. My eyes watered a bit, but I didn't cry. There's a difference, damn it.

HankTheTank
27 Nov 2007, 05:06pm
of course there is s diffrence :) and cloud cut him some slack (i originally put give him a break but i didnt want it to be a stupid pun >.>) ;)

Zero001
27 Nov 2007, 06:58pm
Way to get owned by nature Riggs. Welcome back, hope you recover quickly. In the meantime maybe you can learn to play with no hands like Haggard did. Start using those feet :p

Repeat
27 Nov 2007, 07:02pm
One time I broke my leg at church.

Glad you had a good trip, Riggs (minus the whole breaking your arm thing. sounds like it was cool though...) !

Red
27 Nov 2007, 07:04pm
Good going clumsy oaf.

Obviously RL is too much pwnage for your weak human body. Stick to the online nub.

Zero001
27 Nov 2007, 07:09pm
Good going clumsy oaf.

Obviously RL is too much pwnage for your weak human body. Stick to the online nub.

Lmao... I'm surprised Red hasn't made a hippie comment on your picture. Come on Red you're slacking.

LitKey
27 Nov 2007, 07:41pm
Going deep into the wilderness, practically alone? I pray you've learned your lesson, you idiot.

:p

Welcome back, Riggs. Glad to hear you made it back with just a broken arm (especially after that avalanche story, God damn).

Red
27 Nov 2007, 07:43pm
Lmao... I'm surprised Red hasn't made a hippie comment on your picture. Come on Red you're slacking.

There's a pic?

Zero001
27 Nov 2007, 07:49pm
There's a pic?

Red, I'm dissapointed. Link (http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee309/Jessica_d_124/Jon.jpg)

Also located on the 35th page of the 'post pictures of yourself' thread, thanks to Reunion :)

Reunion
27 Nov 2007, 07:55pm
Also located on the 35th page of the 'post pictures of yourself' thread, thanks to Reunion :)

:P

vaudville_villain
29 Nov 2007, 06:42pm
Riggs any pictures of your broken limb?
I want to see blood & gore.

The BC is a dangerous place without avi knowledge... just sayin'

Take your vitamins & heal up quick.

Haggard
29 Nov 2007, 08:35pm
Welcome back! Sorry about the broken arm, maybe next time you should try not to break your arm eh? :cool:

Riggs
3 Dec 2007, 05:11pm
Way to get owned by nature Riggs. Welcome back, hope you recover quickly. In the meantime maybe you can learn to play with no hands like Haggard did. Start using those feet :p

Haha, I wish. I'd love to get back in-game with you guys, but I'm so busy trying to get a new job, dealing with the bills and things.

One time I broke my leg at church.

What, did you spit in Jesus' blood or something?

lad you had a good trip, Riggs (minus the whole breaking your arm thing. sounds like it was cool though...) !

Oh, yea, it was awesome.

Good going clumsy oaf.

Haha, screw you Red. I happen to be very competent at surviving. Made it back, didn't I?

I'm no hippy, you fool.

Going deep into the wilderness, practically alone? I pray you've learned your lesson, you idiot.

:p

Welcome back, Riggs. Glad to hear you made it back with just a broken arm (especially after that avalanche story, God damn).

I learn nothing. It was a hell of a lot of fun.

Riggs any pictures of your broken limb?
I want to see blood & gore.

The BC is a dangerous place without avi knowledge... just sayin'

Take your vitamins & heal up quick.

I took a year of WOOFER courses, which is basically your basic health and field medic training.

Welcome back! Sorry about the broken arm, maybe next time you should try not to break your arm eh? :cool:

Well, maybe next time, I should pick a better avalanche, eh? :cool: