PDA

View Full Version : Death Note

Ulrich
7 Jun 2009, 06:52pm
So I just finished watching the Death Note series and I really enjoyed it. I was wondering if anyone else in SG has seen this series and would like to hear what they thought about it.

For example, I think that it was an interesting story line, really liked L and Light, didn't line Near so much, and thought Mello was just plain creapy.

Dracula
7 Jun 2009, 06:55pm
Saw it a long time ago im a Light fan, you should been on Vent when we had the whole discussion on who was "right" or "wrong" between Light and L.

Drox
7 Jun 2009, 07:09pm
Ive seen episodes here and there, never really got into it.

Ulrich
8 Jun 2009, 11:04pm
Saw it a long time ago im a Light fan, you should been on Vent when we had the whole discussion on who was "right" or "wrong" between Light and L.

Yeah, but 1) I didn't know when that was. And 2) Me no have vent.

I think Light is doing the right thing, but like I said earlier, I like L.

Also, according to Ulrich...

http://media.share.ovi.com/m1/s/0508/3fccbb39b2214b05bfdd3c18c960f037.jpg

So more people post in it!

Ganzta
9 Jun 2009, 02:27am
one of the few rare anime that actually follow the storyline of the manga

i remember being in that anime discussion with you, highsky, and some other people.

and i liked light before he went all pussy

Ms. Blargh
9 Jun 2009, 02:31am
I didnt like the anime/manga the movies were much better

didnt have near and mello in it

Drox
9 Jun 2009, 02:53am
one of the few rare anime that actually follow the storyline of the manga

i remember being in that anime discussion with you, highsky, and some other people.

and i liked light before he went all pussy

Most anime do follow the Manga, is just they have fillers so that the manga can be alittle bit more ahead of the anime. For example, Naruto, Bleach, ect. they all do that.

Ganzta
9 Jun 2009, 02:57am
Most anime do follow the Manga, is just they have fillers so that the manga can be alittle bit more ahead of the anime. For example, Naruto, Bleach, ect. they all do that.

you're talking about long-running animes
what i meant was most animes that do follow the storyline, but they change the ending as the anime passes the manga.
that would be most of the ~13-ep and ~25-ep animes

Drox
9 Jun 2009, 02:58am
you're talking about long-running animes
what i meant was most animes that do follow the storyline, but they change the ending as the anime passes the manga.
that would be most of the ~13-ep and ~25-ep animes

ahhh ok, my mistake then ;)

Elleon
10 Jun 2009, 10:25pm

A female anime fan? Do these individuals even exist??

I thought the series was interesting, although I didn't care for the ending. Personally I felt they fell short on the intellectual intrigue that first introduced me to the series, which in turn made things start downhill.

It wasn't bad, but any problems that I may have or have had, could easily be redeemed with a sequel, or perhaps a prequel. I never did watch the live action film, or other...multiple movies Ms. Blargh? Etiher or, the graphics just didn't appeal to me and I have never really cared for "re-makes" if you will.

darklink1133
10 Jun 2009, 10:40pm
Lol I was rlly interested in Death Note, I kind of got hooked on to it. Never liked the ending much. Wish there was more.

:-]
11 Jun 2009, 10:14am

This. The anime and manga was meh to me. The movies were awesome though. It was interesting though with a great plot.

Gumpy
11 Jun 2009, 03:37pm
I watched until L died and then I just said fuck it and stopped watching.

'BEANIE
11 Jun 2009, 10:25pm
I saw like two random episodes of Death Note and thought it looked pretty cool. I just haven't sat down to watch all the episodes..I will soon though. :D :thumb:

Widow
18 Jun 2009, 03:00pm
Great Anime Gets fail towards the end

Simmons1114
27 Jun 2009, 11:00am
I watched the first 5 or so episodes and in my oppinion Light is a evil phsychopathic basterd. And i hate evil heros, And the shows plot is way to predictable. Light is wrong you cant make things right through murder. I was thinking a while back what super power i would like and if you really think about it power causes to much problems the best super hero is the one without powers like batman.

PingPong
28 Jun 2009, 12:51pm
I really liked the first season but the second season ruined it for me. After watching a few episodes of seasons 2 it wasnt the same without L

Drox
28 Jun 2009, 04:47pm
lol thats a fucked up sig :P yet funny

PingPong
28 Jun 2009, 05:00pm
lol thats a fucked up sig :P yet funny

I have to thank LVG for showing me it. LVG IS AWSEOME :D

(I'm old greg) Corporal
7 Jul 2009, 09:15am
i think it's better as a manga then a anime just becuase i didnt like light voice actor

Game Freak
7 Jul 2009, 01:41pm
The tv series first episode was like 2 days ago in Belgium O.o

CandleJack
7 Jul 2009, 02:18pm
Good Anime, has a good plot, lots of twists (did M Knight Shamalan make it?)

Light dies in the end

DO NOT LOOK AT THE SPOILER
BUT HOW CAN U RESIST?

Game Freak
9 Jul 2009, 02:16pm

i looked at the spoiler:cry:

You Are EVIL

TheTruth
9 Jul 2009, 02:58pm
Good Anime, has a good plot, lots of twists (did M Knight Shamalan make it?)

Light dies in the end

DO NOT LOOK AT THE SPOILER
BUT HOW CAN U RESIST?

I looked! Noooo! :(

CandleJack
9 Jul 2009, 06:24pm

i looked at the spoiler:cry:

You Are EVIL

I looked! Noooo! :(

I TOLD U NOT TO LOOK!