PDA

View Full Version : Prison Break Camping Policy

Silentfaith
5 Jun 2009, 03:27pm
Alright guys, lets get serious. Should CT's be allowed to camp in areas T's are not in? It has been a problem, and there has been much talk about the Camping problems.

What I'm suggesting as a rule is the following.

"CT's are not allowed to camp in areas T's are not in", meaning that lets say we are in Alcatraz, and we are told to go to the pool. CT's cannot camp in the AWP tower, when all of the T's are in the pool.

We cannot just ban camping, it would be to complicated, because if your the last CT, only way to survive is to camp.

Vote in a serious manor, because this will be discussed with the people who are in charge of the servers.

Please explain why you voted "Yes" or "No", so we can see your opinions and thoughts on it.

""NOTE, I WAS ASKED TO POST THIS, NO DRAMA PLS, THX""

NOTE: We are not going to ban camping, this is rule is mainly for people who do this. "T's go to Pool, Zomg yes I have a awp and im in the sewers MUHA NO1 CAN GET ME", you can camp in the rooms near where the T's are, just not in some crazy spot like sewers, or some where far away

Dracula
5 Jun 2009, 03:28pm
No, people have suggested this before and that would mean being unable to watch say Vents or Armory just cause T's arnt there.

Ms. Blargh
5 Jun 2009, 03:32pm
I dont think Cts should be allowed to camp armory.

Tcp-Kill
5 Jun 2009, 03:37pm
I agree with dracula... yea camping stupid but welcome to prision break. we can't enforce it really...

Silentfaith
5 Jun 2009, 03:38pm
We are not going to ban Camping, we are just referring to those players who choose to camp in places such as sewers(which i removed), or some where completely on the opposite side of the map from the T's

Caution
5 Jun 2009, 03:40pm
Crap I voted yes on accident, meant to vote no.

Bald
5 Jun 2009, 03:42pm
I voted yes because Ct's always camp in the spots T's arent allowed so for them it's a win-win situation. I say that Ct's are allowed about 40 seconds in the armory and other T restricted areas so they can't hold up the round.

Ganzta
5 Jun 2009, 03:42pm
there have been many thread about this and the answer is always NO
camping is not against the rule, doesn't matter where they camp, when they camp
we do not punish for camping

Silentfaith
5 Jun 2009, 03:44pm
Yes Ganzta, there has been 2 other posts, and its always brought up during meetings, so I was told to put up a poll, so we can see and hear opinions and make a final call and that will be "End of Discussion".

Bethy
5 Jun 2009, 03:45pm
Crap I voted yes on accident, meant to vote no.

Fixed.

MtrxMn
5 Jun 2009, 04:08pm
I voted yes because it gets annoying when 3 cts camp in sewers so the few who didnt camp get overrun quickly and then no one can get to the sewers and theres just 2-3 minutes of boredom at the end.

Huwajux
5 Jun 2009, 04:14pm
This kind of thing should be up to the admin's discretion. If the CTs are camping in a spot excessively then they should be warned not to. For example if a CT is camping in the armoury on electric when all the terrorists are off at the pool, then this should not be allowed. CTs that camp the armoury all round for every round should also be warned not to.

For places like alcatraz, the CTs usually give restrictions and then camp outside leaving the armoury wide open. CTs should be made to give the Ts orders instead of placing restrictions on them so that they can't do anything but sit around, and if they step out of line once they get shot for it.

The only real way we can enforce this is to give admin's guidelines to follow and hope that their judgement is good enough to tell whether a CT's position is unneeded/unfair.

Daze
5 Jun 2009, 04:53pm
I think the counter issue is that it's role play and in role play, it would be wise to watch the place that has a shit load of guns or to hide somewhere to not get killed.

Huwajux
5 Jun 2009, 05:29pm
I think the counter issue is that it's role play and in role play, it would be wise to watch the place that has a shit load of guns or to hide somewhere to not get killed.
People do not play prison break for what little role play there is. They play it for a change of pace from the typical shoot-everything-that-moves in normal CSS. It is essentially a type of stealth mod where you basically have to take out the opposing team without them realising. Putting rules in place that could damage the 'role-play' aspect is fine, because people would hardly care if it is realistic or not.

If people wanted to properly role-play, there would not be a time-limit. Every cell would be checked of guns before opening them, the terrorists would almost certainly not have knives, the Cts would cover the armoury and every escape route there is. Now I don't know about anyone else, but that is not my idea of a fun mod to play; otherwise if you played as a T you'd just sit around doing nothing and if you played as a CT you would just sit around guarding key areas (essentially doing nothing), just like in real life.

B o B
5 Jun 2009, 05:31pm
I think this would be to hard to enforce

Dante
5 Jun 2009, 06:48pm
Well, From what I've seen some places on maps like electric should be able to camp, such as vent's, maybe armory, and first cell. But excessive camping gets really agitating. It honestly just depends on the map and the CTs.

Fast Bullet
6 Jun 2009, 02:08am
No, people have suggested this before and that would mean being unable to watch say Vents or Armory just cause T's arnt there.

This

Thefreshprince
6 Jun 2009, 04:40am
I wish this would be put into place. I hate it when cts go camp awp tower and sewers and tell us to do what ever. It is not really a good way to govern the prison, and it is boring. It seems like the cts when they do this are just trying to rack up kills and if they want to do this they should just play a regular or death match saver.

Flick
6 Jun 2009, 07:49am
I say yes but if your there for like one round no it sucks if cts are camping armoury round after round

Neji
6 Jun 2009, 09:34am
Yes and thank you silent, I was about to make that thread :)

Dracula
6 Jun 2009, 09:37am
Also it leaves too much empty room for choice, one admin will say well its ok to camp there because the T's may go that way where another will be like GTFO camper.

Caution
6 Jun 2009, 11:53am
Also it leaves too much empty room for choice, one admin will say well its ok to camp there because the T's may go that way where another will be like GTFO camper.

And now, instead of CT's giving conflicting orders, admins are doing it.

Dracula
6 Jun 2009, 11:58am
And now, instead of CT's giving conflicting orders, admins are doing it.

Oh lord wont that be fun.....

Bad Dog
6 Jun 2009, 03:05pm
What if theres an AFK T? What if a T escapes and then is free to get to the armory because CTs cant be in there now? What about AFK CT's? What about vent shafts can CTS just never be in there now? Too broad of a subject. CTs CAN camp, and im sick of being told its a pussy tactic. If your whole team of CTs sucks and cant keep order for shit its only way to keep alive.

DoubleSb
6 Jun 2009, 06:45pm
What if theres an AFK T? What if a T escapes and then is free to get to the armory because CTs cant be in there now? What about AFK CT's? What about vent shafts can CTS just never be in there now? Too broad of a subject. CTs CAN camp, and im sick of being told its a pussy tactic. If your whole team of CTs sucks and cant keep order for shit its only way to keep alive.

For once, I agree with you.

Dante
6 Jun 2009, 09:43pm
I concur as well...from what i've seen if i play PB and i jump on the CT side i can force some backbone into the team..and if i get a few friends in too...but if i'm on T with cts that can't do anything its just pure chaos.

Bad Dog
7 Jun 2009, 10:19am
I concur as well...from what i've seen if i play PB and i jump on the CT side i can force some backbone into the team..and if i get a few friends in too...but if i'm on T with cts that can't do anything its just pure chaos.

and pure chaos is rarely ever fun. Like seriously a team of T's constantly raping CTs just aint fun id much rather have a team of pro CTs I mean cmon gimmie a challenge.

Bethy
8 Jun 2009, 12:34am
I will not make a camping rule, it does get annoying at times but there were many good points made in this thread. Like this one :

Neo
8 Jun 2009, 07:37am
I think that the rules we got now works just fine!

Ulrich
8 Jun 2009, 11:34pm
I vote no, but it really all depends on where you are camping. For example, I camp in the garage in Electric because I can snipe from there, watch the armory, and still pop out and check on the Ts and my team. However, if it's some place rediculessly stupid, like (as stated earlier) the sewers in alcatraz, then I think it should be strongly suggested that they move. I don't think it's worth making a rule until it starts to waste away every round.

But, yeah, it really depends on the situation.

http://assets.roosterteethstore.com/images/nav/1121_update/strathead.jpg

sylar
9 Jun 2009, 02:56am
i think we need to add this. yesterday everyround 2 CT would go disco to just camp there while playing songs, they didnt care what everyone else did they just camped there until the T rebeled and used their AWPs on them. they did this every round even though admin told then not to.

i accidently went no on the poll..

Henrik
9 Jun 2009, 06:00am
I voted no because i think if all ct's are in the same place it's easier to rebel

Killer
9 Jun 2009, 10:13am
But what happens if one of them escapes and there is no other ct on a look out then the T comes back heavily armed

Bad Dog
9 Jun 2009, 06:37pm
I will not make a camping rule, it does get annoying at times but there were many good points made in this thread. Like this one :

Beth i love how you always seem to agree with my posts on PB forum. Maybe those bribes are finally "paying off"

sheriff
21 Jun 2009, 08:09pm
campers never prosper.

oh wait... actually, they ALWAYS prosper!

but everyone hates them. XD

Harpr33t
22 Jun 2009, 07:45am
I think armory camping should be allowed but for example on the map fox river the cts take awps and go into the vents and only blow up one entrance into it and sit there and awpa ll day. I think cts should not camp t escape routes.

Shower Fart
22 Jun 2009, 09:30am
i dont think it should be a rule but i do think there should be a rule that only one or 2 cts can camp armouy