PDA

View Full Version : Justice Clarence Thomas, a closer view

LegalSmash
2 Jun 2009, 05:21pm
These are three videos that are very eye opening about one of the least known and more softspoken justices on the court, as we enter the nomination hearings for Sonya Sotomayor it is interesting to look at the prolific and talented, but often lamblasted judge. Many persons I went to law school thought the man does not properly represent minorities or takes enough of a stance on issues for race. I tend to disagree with the people that take his politics to mean he doesn't care about blacks, but rather, his upbringing shaped him into a person who views the ultimate success or failure of an individual, or a group of persons on their personal initiative.

Whilst I find the man's politics to be attractive, and his judicial acumen to be sound, I feel he is not vocal enough on the court, and the court would only benefit from his expoused positions, rather than his silence.

What do you think of the man? Discuss. Please give valid comments, If I wanted to read the pundit pages, I'd check them myself.

5K1Ywa3eYTE&feature=related
67Wb481eXhY&NR=1

6lmgvA8yZeM&feature=related

Drox
2 Jun 2009, 07:19pm
He seems to have a very valid point of view on things, to say he should only care his race and people say that he doesnt care is just dumb and those people should know better. He did things for everyone who needed it, not just his race.