PDA

View Full Version : Why the regs and under of the world will never be able to vote for admin.

Harbor
2 Jun 2009, 06:18am
Well now that everyone can see the Admin apps people are wondering. Why can i post? Why cant i vote? well i think you should be able to post if the person is an ass hole to you and only good around admins. But thats a topic for a different thread. But being able to vote is never going to happen, why you ask? Well here's a scenario:

Say someone becomes supporter out of no where, than they wait there two weeks and in that period makes a bunch of accounts on this forum and than when he applies for admin he votes a 20 yes votes. This is just one scenario, Also if someone is popular with the masses but no admins no him and hes kind of shady he will get admin based on people liking him or because hes "good" at the game. People will base there voting on criteria that has nothing to do with being an admin.

So thats my rant, if you wanna vote help out the community and be a supporter!

ps this was post 169 haha ok back to being ceral

Paronic
2 Jun 2009, 06:23am
never thought of this before... I agree with you here.

barackobama
2 Jun 2009, 06:23am
But if he makes 20 accounts, we can pick that up..

Harbor
2 Jun 2009, 06:26am
But if he makes 20 accounts, we can pick that up..

still someone could make a few and not be caught thats just an extreme

barackobama
2 Jun 2009, 06:29am
It's not just by how many votes the person gets, if he had 100 votes, and they were all from people who joined on the day he made his admin app, we would not accept it, as we would know it's him or someone else making accounts.

Gumpy
2 Jun 2009, 06:32am
Well now that everyone can see the Admin apps people are wondering. Why can i post? Why cant i vote? well i think you should be able to post if the person is an ass hole to you and only good around admins. But thats a topic for a different thread. But being able to vote is never going to happen, why you ask? Well here's a scenario:

Say someone becomes supporter out of no where, than they wait there two weeks and in that period makes a bunch of accounts on this forum and than when he applies for admin he votes a 20 yes votes. This is just one scenario, Also if someone is popular with the masses but no admins no him and hes kind of shady he will get admin based on people liking him or because hes "good" at the game. People will base there voting on criteria that has nothing to do with being an admin.

I find it funny how misinformed you are. The reason "regs and under" aren't allowed to vote is because of people spamming, "Don't know you, no support" or "Cool guy, support" in the apps and people's first post being an admin application. Not because of your retarded reasons.

Do you honestly think that no one would notice 20 new forum members who came out of no where and their first post would be in someone else's admin app?

And as to your other scenario, if he is popular with the masses then why shouldn't he be allowed admin? And lets face it, admin apps are nothing more than a popularity contest anyway.

Harbor
2 Jun 2009, 08:01am
I find it funny how misinformed you are. The reason "regs and under" aren't allowed to vote is because of people spamming, "Don't know you, no support" or "Cool guy, support" in the apps and people's first post being an admin application. Not because of your retarded reasons.

Do you honestly think that no one would notice 20 new forum members who came out of no where and their first post would be in someone else's admin app?

And as to your other scenario, if he is popular with the masses then why shouldn't he be allowed admin? And lets face it, admin apps are nothing more than a popularity contest anyway.

First off your first reason is probably because you cant read.... voting is different than posting. Your reason is that people will spam people cant spam voting learn to read beofr eyou criticize.

The 20 people were a worst case scenarion and if its like 3 or 4 people i doubt we would notice.

And finaly, if someone is being voted in just because they are good at surf or something and not based on anything reputable than admin apps are a joke. I agree with the popularity contest but i like to think atleast some people vote based on admin qualities they see in the person.

Gumpy
2 Jun 2009, 08:26am
First off your first reason is probably because you cant read.... voting is different than posting. Your reason is that people will spam people cant spam voting learn to read beofr eyou criticize.

The 20 people were a worst case scenarion and if its like 3 or 4 people i doubt we would notice.

And finaly, if someone is being voted in just because they are good at surf or something and not based on anything reputable than admin apps are a joke. I agree with the popularity contest but i like to think atleast some people vote based on admin qualities they see in the person.

If your not talking about posting then your arguments make even less sense. I honestly see no problem with the entire community being allowed to vote, as long as 20%+ of the community has sense then a retard will find it very hard to get admin. What we do not need is the ability to post in apps, the negative effects of that would outweigh the positive.

And since when does anyone vote for someone because they are good at a game, that's just retarded.

DoubleSb
2 Jun 2009, 12:03pm
I guess cause some of us just say Support and No Support, not really giving any detail on why we don't or for the fact some of us just say 'No support, never seen you.' or 'Support this guy is cool.'

From the other thread.

Italian Jew
2 Jun 2009, 12:09pm

ps this was post 169 haha ok back to being ceral

The problem is posting, not the voting. If you were here when the problem occurred, you would understand that to be the problem, not the VERY unlikely event that someone would waste their time making extra accounts (which an AO or BD would certainly discover).

^nth guy to have said some variant of this.

Caution
2 Jun 2009, 12:31pm
still someone could make a few and not be caught thats just an extreme

Not really. An IP check takes all of 5 seconds, and all somebody has to do is THINK that the IP's look alike and they get caught. It's quite easy.

Runski
2 Jun 2009, 01:10pm

Sweet Jesus Gumpy calm down... He just put up some advise, not a new way to take over the world...

Anyway, I have to disagree with the voting, there'd be no point to it, if the admin is an asswhole, just get a demo or SS and get his ass punished. Just leave it how it is, it's worked pretty well.

Harbor
2 Jun 2009, 03:39pm
thats what im saying is to leave it how it is!

SpikedRocker
2 Jun 2009, 04:41pm
Ultimatly, your senario would never happen. Its one reason why we have peoples names to how they voted. I see a bunch of random people I've never seen before on the forum, I start questioning the validity of the vote. Second, these random people I've never seen before (tbh) really don't pull much weight into any decision I make because they probably haven't been here long. As stated by other people, its never about falsification of votes or support posts. It was always the spam of random crap that really didn't matter in admin applications.

Harbor
2 Jun 2009, 05:09pm
yah i no spiked this is just other possible reasons why regs wont be able to post the obviouse one is spam so i figured i wouldnt have to put it

Ganzta
2 Jun 2009, 05:37pm
i'm not sure if you know this or not captain, but before the new admin app system, regs and members WERE allowed to vote, and nothing devastating ever happened. As Spiked said in admin apps people's opinions are weighted, if most of the AOs and BDs believe that the person should be approved/rejected, then the random new members don't have much influence to changed their decision.

Caution
2 Jun 2009, 06:09pm
i'm not sure if you know this or not captain, but before the new admin app system, regs and members WERE allowed to vote, and nothing devastating ever happened. As Spiked said in admin apps people's opinions are weighted, if most of the AOs and BDs believe that the person should be approved/rejected, then the random new members don't have much influence to changed their decision.

Not even "vote", just posting support or no support + the reason.

The thing I hate about having a poll is that now, people just look at numbers, while before, they had to actually read every post for the reason behind others' decisions.

Also, why are those who haven't even been here that long saying the old system failed?

DoubleSb
2 Jun 2009, 06:13pm

The thing I hate about having a poll is that now, people just look at numbers, while before, they had to actually read every post for the reason behind others' decisions.

Also, why are those who haven't even been here that long saying the old system failed?

This.

Dracula
2 Jun 2009, 06:13pm

Because that is what they have been brought up to believe by our current staff of admins ect.

Caution
2 Jun 2009, 06:16pm
Because that is what they have been brought up to believe by our current staff of admins ect.

Lol and even most of the new admins don't know how it was.

Dracula
2 Jun 2009, 06:17pm
Lol and even most of the new admins don't know how it was.

Well seeing as how some of them dont seem to be able to read theres no wonder why.

Caution
2 Jun 2009, 06:19pm
Well seeing as how some of them dont seem to be able to read theres no wonder why.

Haha it's not really so much the illiteracy that bothers me, just the idiocy.

Shadowex3
2 Jun 2009, 06:21pm
Which means that the only real issue here is that nobody wants to take the time to actually discipline the people who spammed or made unconstructive posts, just like it was in the admin complaints and ban appeal forums until just recently when it got cleaned up again.

See my huge wall of text post in the main thread.

Metal
2 Jun 2009, 06:26pm
I think admins should be the only ones to vote.
Plus admins should be active and have a post count of 200+.
Admins know what it means to be a admin like i was.
You need to understand the rules and also be able to work under voip.

SG-regs on the otherhand, they are just members and so are sup
Admins are on the top.

Dracula
2 Jun 2009, 06:27pm
I think admins should be the only ones to vote.
Plus admins should be active and have a post count of 200+.
Admins know what it means to be a admin like i was.
You need to understand the rules and also be able to work under voip.

SG-regs on the otherhand, they are just members and so are sup
Admins are on the top.

I trust these admins about as much as I trust a rock not to be hard.

Harbor
2 Jun 2009, 06:27pm
Twohundred post count i agree an admin me with like ten is just rediculouse

SpikedRocker
2 Jun 2009, 06:32pm
Which means that the only real issue here is that nobody wants to take the time to actually discipline the people who spammed or made unconstructive posts, just like it was in the admin complaints and ban appeal forums until just recently when it got cleaned up again.

See my huge wall of text post in the main thread.

The issue is there is no degree of punishment that even works to prevent spamming. Short of forum banning its pointless and we don't want to ban people for something that is preventable.

Dracula
2 Jun 2009, 06:34pm
The issue is there is no degree of punishment that even works to prevent spamming. Short of forum banning its pointless and we don't want to ban people for something that is preventable.

Racism is preventable and so is spamming by not letting players talk, lets just perm mute all the servers, sounds like a good idea.

Dante
2 Jun 2009, 06:40pm
So...just asking..is it only admin's able to do the whole voting...and posting...because i'm alittle confused between all the posts...because i like the idea of regs and whatnot reading the posts is fine...but voting would get outta hand...but i'm still alittle bit confused.

Shadowex3
2 Jun 2009, 06:47pm

Racism is preventable and so is spamming by not letting players talk, lets just perm mute all the servers, sounds like a good idea.

What Dracula said. If people spam when punished, the answer is to ban them. If they keep doing it, you keep banning them and doing it publically. If they KEEP doing it then like I said in the main thread make Reg+HG mean something other than postcount and stick them in a privileged group that can post there.

What you're saying is literally the same as shutting down the servers because no degree of punishment will ever stop glitching and teamkilling. They're the exact same logical fallacy. If someone teamkills you freeze them. If they do it again you kick them, if they come back and cuss you out then you ban them for a few days, if they come back and really lose it you perm them. What you DONT do is let them run around freely and then when you never punish them and they go hog wild throw your hands up and say "Everyone that ever plays here sucks" and shutdown the servers entirely because of those few people.

Harbor
2 Jun 2009, 07:13pm
So...just asking..is it only admin's able to do the whole voting...and posting...because i'm alittle confused between all the posts...because i like the idea of regs and whatnot reading the posts is fine...but voting would get outta hand...but i'm still alittle bit confused.

payering=voting/posting

also HG

CandleJack
2 Jun 2009, 07:16pm
I trust these admins about as much as I trust a rock not to be hard.

WHATS THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN?

Italian Jew
2 Jun 2009, 07:17pm

You're not going anywhere near his kids.

Dracula
2 Jun 2009, 07:18pm

Well there are execeptions but you arnt one.

DoubleSb
2 Jun 2009, 07:27pm
payering=voting/posting

also HG

Payering? wtf is this.

SpikedRocker
2 Jun 2009, 07:34pm
What Dracula said. If people spam when punished, the answer is to ban them. If they keep doing it, you keep banning them and doing it publically. If they KEEP doing it then like I said in the main thread make Reg+HG mean something other than postcount and stick them in a privileged group that can post there.

What you're saying is literally the same as shutting down the servers because no degree of punishment will ever stop glitching and teamkilling. They're the exact same logical fallacy. If someone teamkills you freeze them. If they do it again you kick them, if they come back and cuss you out then you ban them for a few days, if they come back and really lose it you perm them. What you DONT do is let them run around freely and then when you never punish them and they go hog wild throw your hands up and say "Everyone that ever plays here sucks" and shutdown the servers entirely because of those few people.

I did not see your other post in the other thread till after, so I have made my response there. So hopefully that will help clear a few things up.

Supporter+ are able to vote and respond to threads there, atm. We are still changing things with this as we've always done with admin applications so that is not something that is set in stone and could change.

Caution
2 Jun 2009, 08:16pm
Well there are execeptions but you arnt one.

LOL

Dante
2 Jun 2009, 10:16pm
Ahhh... Ok, ty for clearing that up Spiked

Bad Dog
2 Jun 2009, 10:31pm
They shouldnt be able to vote, obviously...but seriously Regs and unders of the world...could you not think of anything else that wouldnt make it sound like your calling the people who play on our servers Unders?

CandleJack
2 Jun 2009, 10:43pm
I say we bring the old way back, where anyone could apply for admin, it was easier, some of the best admins to be are regs, but they don't want to be a supporter to be able to get it

Ganzta
3 Jun 2009, 12:50am
I say we bring the old way back, where anyone could apply for admin, it was easier, some of the best admins to be are regs, but they don't want to be a supporter to be able to get it

i say you READ the posts before you pretend to understand our conversations

Gumpy
3 Jun 2009, 03:01am

I agree 100%, strict policing and the wouldn't be any problems.

Also, I apologize to Captain America for being abrasive in my earlier posts. I just got pissed off because someone who has been on the forum for like three months was telling us how bad the old system was.

FightingRooster
3 Jun 2009, 04:34am
When you're trying to become an admin, you must get to know the other admins and become friends. Imagine trrying to do this with 100 regulars? It'd be impossible.

For example, I play on deathrun/pb all the time. If there is a reg that only plays escape, to him I'm a no body. I'd get a no from him and If there we're more than 5 regs similar to that, I would not become an admin.

IMO, letting everyone see admin applications was very gracious but as you said, allowing you to vote is never going to happen.

Harbor
3 Jun 2009, 06:05am
They shouldnt be able to vote, obviously...but seriously Regs and unders of the world...could you not think of anything else that wouldnt make it sound like your calling the people who play on our servers Unders?

well im not its just supposed to be like everyone under the rank of regular and regular not all of the peasents

Dracula
3 Jun 2009, 06:29am
When you're trying to become an admin, you must get to know the other admins and become friends. Imagine trrying to do this with 100 regulars? It'd be impossible.

For example, I play on deathrun/pb all the time. If there is a reg that only plays escape, to him I'm a no body. I'd get a no from him and If there we're more than 5 regs similar to that, I would not become an admin.

IMO, letting everyone see admin applications was very gracious but as you said, allowing you to vote is never going to happen.

My god, do you not read the BD's posts the vote really dosent matter it is only to help get a grasp of the person. It has been stated before and is quite obvious that some random ass Regs that barely use forums wont really have any factor on the decision.

FightingRooster
3 Jun 2009, 06:34am
My god, do you not read the BD's posts the vote really dosent matter it is only to help get a grasp of the person. It has been stated before and is quite obvious that some random ass Regs that barely use forums wont really have any factor on the decision.

If the vote doesn't really matter and it won't be looked upon to make a decision to upgrade someone, why have it? So the regs can feel that they're doing their part in the community when their votes don't even matter?

Imo, its stupid. We're just slowly taking away what supporters have. Sure, some people can't afford it but I'm sorry that's how this world works. I would like to live in a gated community but I can't afford it. Should it be given to me? No.

Dracula
3 Jun 2009, 06:39am
If the vote doesn't really matter and it won't be looked upon to make a decision to upgrade someone, why have it? So the regs can feel that they're doing their part in the community when their votes don't even matter?

Imo, its stupid. We're just slowly taking away what supporters have. Sure, some people can't afford it but I'm sorry that's how this world works. I would like to live in a gated community but I can't afford it. Should it be given to me? No.

As I said RANDOM REG THAT IS NOT KNOWN, but if the Reg is actually known then it will matter obviuosly I need to type it all out for you to understand. Also how fucking long did it work???? Oh wait you wouldnt know, mabey you should do some research before posting.

SpikedRocker
3 Jun 2009, 06:47am

It matters because the BD's cannot meet everyone. Our time doesn't always match up with potential candidates. We rely on what our other Admins in our community know of this person as they should know them best from playing with them in servers.

And I have not taken anything away from the supporters. They have not lost one thing. The only thing that has changed so far is the location on the forum where the applications are posted. That is all.

FightingRooster
3 Jun 2009, 06:57am
It matters because the BD's cannot meet everyone. Our time doesn't always match up with potential candidates. We rely on what our other Admins in our community know of this person as they should know them best from playing with them in servers.

And I have not taken anything away from the supporters. They have not lost one thing. The only thing that has changed so far is the location on the forum where the applications are posted. That is all.

I don't think you understand what I'm saying.

I think that the admins voting is completely necessary but for regs? I think HG should be able to vote since they have been here for awhile. They should have their own section and vote in the exact same place that admins and supporters do.

For regulars, there are far too many. Having them vote would be stupid.

Of course all imo.

Shadowex3
3 Jun 2009, 10:41am
Then, again, the problem isn't allowing regs to vote it's making it too easy to get the title of regular. Think about the names here for a second, saying someone is A Regular at someplace denotes a certain amount of respect for that person. Here it's literally just your postcount title.

So I guess that means your roughly agreeing with everyone since, from what i gather, most everyone here thinks that the long time members should have a vote like the paying members do but not necessarily EVERY t0m d1ck and h4rry.

Flick
3 Jun 2009, 10:59am
i would agree with you but im not a reg i think yall should change the regular requirements after i become one :biggrin1: then its easier me

FightingRooster
3 Jun 2009, 11:02am
Then, again, the problem isn't allowing regs to vote it's making it too easy to get the title of regular. Think about the names here for a second, saying someone is A Regular at someplace denotes a certain amount of respect for that person. Here it's literally just your postcount title.

So I guess that means your roughly agreeing with everyone since, from what i gather, most everyone here thinks that the long time members should have a vote like the paying members do but not necessarily EVERY t0m d1ck and h4rry.

Exactly. The fact that I have been here for 3 months and can vote on admin apps yet those who have been here for years don't.

I don't agree with regs since they haven't been here that long.

Harbor
3 Jun 2009, 11:06am
Just because your reg dosent mean you havent been here that long..

Killer
3 Jun 2009, 11:42am
There willl be too many votes off really random people

Metal
3 Jun 2009, 12:01pm
Ok can we plz lock this.
Keep it the way it is. A Admin should be the only one to vote
old admins or ex admins like me cant because we are not paying for admin.
Keep it the way it is and go play css

PingPong
3 Jun 2009, 12:33pm
Exactly. The fact that I have been here for 3 months and can vote on admin apps yet those who have been here for years don't.

I don't agree with regs since they haven't been here that long.

Ive been a devoted regular for almost 3 years now, i got my reg tag back where it actually meant shit, now its a complete joke, reg and mem tags are being handed out like candy on halloween

Just because your reg dosent mean you havent been here that long..

Agreed, 2.5yrs+ devoted reg

FightingRooster
3 Jun 2009, 12:41pm
Ive been a devoted regular for almost 3 years now, i got my reg tag back where it actually meant shit, now its a complete joke, reg and mem tags are being handed out like candy on halloween

Agreed, 2.5yrs+ devoted reg

The mem and reg tags are given out like candy so that's why I'm proposing giving them to HGs. If you pick and choose which regs to give them to, it creates even more work on the BD's shoulders.

I guess you'd be a special case if you have been here for 2.5 years yet shouldn't you be an HG by now?

Caution
3 Jun 2009, 12:42pm
Ok can we plz lock this.
Keep it the way it is. A Admin should be the only one to vote
old admins or ex admins like me cant because we are not paying for admin.
Keep it the way it is and go play css

Stop making this thread seem retarded, we actually have a good flow of posts coming from certain people.

Once again though I would like to emphasize this to all the newer people (by newer I mean after January) in big bold letters...

IF YOU WERE NOT HERE DURING THE OLD SYSTEM, DO NOT TRY AND PRETEND LIKE YOU KNEW HOW IT WAS OR HOW IT WOULD BE.

Omar
3 Jun 2009, 01:17pm
Every guy who were here in the glory age during ZM should be able to vote.

It means... Us... the old-schoolers.

Silentfaith
3 Jun 2009, 01:23pm
Stop making this thread seem retarded, we actually have a good flow of posts coming from certain people.

Once again though I would like to emphasize this to all the newer people (by newer I mean after January) in big bold letters...

IF YOU WERE NOT HERE DURING THE OLD SYSTEM, DO NOT TRY AND PRETEND LIKE YOU KNEW HOW IT WAS OR HOW IT WOULD BE.

QFT

Itch
3 Jun 2009, 01:24pm
If you feel you have something important to add to an admin application how hard is it to PM an SA, CA, Etc. that can post and give them you're input or evidence as needed?

If you feel someone is unfit or L33t and feel that you need to be heard.. I'm here.. Send me a PM.. I spend far too much time on the forums and don't mind being a go-between if something is constructive (constructive doesn't mean positive or negative). We do want to hear from you. The restrictions on posting has to do with the amount of useless posting/spam that happens in these applications. It's there to keep the application clean and easy to read through, not to prevent you from voicing your opinion.

Ganzta
3 Jun 2009, 01:25pm

you tell them

just quoting this so maybe some people might see this instead of just making a comment without looking at any of the posts

Caution
3 Jun 2009, 01:29pm
maybe some people might see this instead of just making a comment without looking at any of the posts

You and I both know that's not going to happen with some.

DoubleSb
3 Jun 2009, 01:38pm
You and I both know that's not going to happen with some.

This makes three.

Caution
3 Jun 2009, 01:48pm

I don't agree with this. There are some old schoolers who do nothing but troll. No way in hell should they be allowed to vote.

XeNo
3 Jun 2009, 01:51pm
Lol,

This thread is funny. It's slowly becoming an 'older people have bigger peens' thread than a discussion.

Caution
3 Jun 2009, 02:00pm
This thread is funny. It's slowly becoming an 'older people have bigger peens' thread than a discussion.

More of a 'older people have a better understanding of how it used to be' thread.

Harbor
3 Jun 2009, 02:16pm
I want to know? Do you people actually read what i say in the first post or just ignore it and write what you think. Because im saying we should keep it this way when the admin apps went public i figured someone would start a "Everyone should vote and post for admin" thread. So i posted this figuring people wouldn't start a thread like that and thus stopping a potentail flame war. So do us all a favor and read past posts so you dont like like a complete idiot.

And i think there needs to be something between honorable gamers and Reg, because Reg/mem is just becoming a joke ive seen Regs, break so many rules its not even funny. Even though we arnt a "clan" per say we should take some clans examples in being more picky in choosing who gets to wear reg/mem.

Ganzta
3 Jun 2009, 03:33pm
i say we just give all Honorable Gamers free admins for ever

Dracula
3 Jun 2009, 03:34pm

No.

Hazardous
3 Jun 2009, 03:49pm
i say we just give all Honorable Gamers free admins for 3 seconds

fixed

Caution
3 Jun 2009, 04:18pm
fixed

That's still too risky.

PingPong
3 Jun 2009, 05:01pm
The mem and reg tags are given out like candy so that's why I'm proposing giving them to HGs. If you pick and choose which regs to give them to, it creates even more work on the BD's shoulders.

I guess you'd be a special case if you have been here for 2.5 years yet shouldn't you be an HG by now?
You would think so haha but i used to be all ingame, talked to alot of admins, played on every single server as much as i could, for a long time i thought the site was a dumb idea but ive realized thats its great! , ever since i signed up on the forum been active on it alot. I know pretty much all the rules and even as a reg i try to keep the servers fun and make sure no ones breakin the rules

Boo Yah! sg ancients ftw!

i think there needs to be something between honorable gamers and Reg, because Reg/mem is just becoming a joke ive seen Regs, break so many rules its not even funny. Even though we arnt a "clan" per say we should take some clans examples in being more picky in choosing who gets to wear reg/mem.

I know what you mean, i look on the banned list occasionaly and i see about 1 to 3 regs/mems on there and im thinking if your a reg/mem you should know and follow the rules rather then getting banned. When handing out the reg tags the players should be looked at more instead of just a quick backround check, like do they play on the servers much?, do they follow the rules... ect. Thats my opinion

Frostbyte
3 Jun 2009, 05:15pm
Im just grateful they put the old system back.. kinda. It honestly doesn't matter if you can post or not, because if something important or relevant needs to be said, a PM should suffice.

Dante
3 Jun 2009, 05:39pm

im going to go ahead and say

hell to the fucking NO!!!

SoulKeeper
3 Jun 2009, 05:51pm
I'm almost sure they'd trace your IP and figure out you made other accounts...

Even with that, if you're a douche bag and you only made enough accounts to stay under everything, do you think enough people will vote for the person?

So what if you're good at Zombie Escape or something... I don't think many people would vote "yes".

If you're extremely popular, isn't that a GOOD thing your being voted admin?
There's a reason why a person is popular and liked... if you're an abusive douche, you won't get many votes.

Harbor
3 Jun 2009, 05:52pm
I'm almost sure they'd trace your IP and figure out you made other accounts...

Even with that, if you're a douche bag and you only made enough accounts to stay under everything, do you think enough people will vote for the person?

So what if you're good at Zombie Escape or something... I don't think many people would vote "yes".

If you're extremely popular, isn't that a GOOD thing your being voted admin?
There's a reason why a person is popular and liked... if you're an abusive douche, you won't get many votes.

Does no one read posts before they post???????????

Dracula
3 Jun 2009, 05:53pm
Does no one read posts before they post???????????

Could mean they dont care what you have to say.:amuse:

Frostbyte
3 Jun 2009, 05:58pm
Could mean they dont care what you have to say.:amuse:

Or they dont want to have to meticulously pick out tidbits of information for 6+ pages of stuff.

Dracula
3 Jun 2009, 06:07pm
Or they dont want to have to meticulously pick out tidbits of information for 6+ pages of stuff.

SHHHHHHHHHHH

DoubleSb
3 Jun 2009, 07:13pm
Boo Yah! sg ancients ftw!

:tsk:

Scree :O
3 Jun 2009, 10:08pm

No. I've been around the community for about 2 years now (I came with Blueline) and you can see I'm a member. Not that I feel stupid about it, I couldn't care less about it. But I have only recently registered on the forums and I've been active on vent and the servers since SG/ZM (can't remember) got it, also since ZM opened its first couple of servers. So no, the system currently in effect isn't really that effective. But it's about having fun not some pointless hunt for posts/points that won't get you ANYWHERE. I don't wear the tags in game anyway.

On the other hand, people would vote about stuff they don't really know about and just might be fucking up the decision at hand. Posts should be allowed I guess, if your sole criteria for gaining admin is voting on the poll.

Harbor
4 Jun 2009, 07:16am
Maybe something that people vote on if they are active and valid in the community they get something besides HG, Like Sg.True or something idk i dont think adding a vote would be a bad thing. Every voter would need to give a reason, and it would be harder to get than mem/reg. For thoose people who are active in the community but not on the forums enough to get HG

PingPong
4 Jun 2009, 07:53am
Edit*
Or they dont want to have to meticulously pick out tidbits of information for 9+ pages of stuff. :D

PingPong
4 Jun 2009, 07:56am
Whats wrong with sg ancients? i could be your grandpa for all you know ;)
Double Post sorry

trakaill
4 Jun 2009, 08:33am

you my friend, needs to get you of the HG douche bag attitude, only dracula and speed..well now dracula qualify for this..

Harbor
4 Jun 2009, 11:10am
^ what??

FightingRooster
4 Jun 2009, 11:49am
How about an oldschool rank for really old players (longer then HG) with the ability to vote on admin apps and perhaps a kick script for in game?

I find giving them admin for free could persuay a lot of the current admins that have been here for awhile to stop paying and become old school but if we let them kick it would be perfect.

Frostbyte
4 Jun 2009, 11:53am
How about an strap-on e penisfor really old players (longer then HG) with the ability to vote on admin apps and perhaps a kick script for in game?

I find giving them admin for free could persuay a lot of the current admins that have been here for awhile to stop paying and become old school but if we let them kick it would be perfect.

Im pretty sure its been talked about in threads before. I think what your getting at is a Legends but for HG's. Plus, kicking is really just a short-term solution, cause chances are they are going to come back and do the same thing you just kicked them for until the admin bans them. Just leave it how it is, there is no need for regs to have powers, let the admins do their job and jusitify their payment.

Dante
4 Jun 2009, 11:56am
First off Frostbyte don't be a douche...second most ppl leave and won't come back if you kick them. Or if they're really fucking retarded they come back and try the same thing. But no...i don't believe anyone but admins should be able to kick ppl

Frostbyte
4 Jun 2009, 12:00pm
First off Frostbyte don't be a douche...second most ppl leave and won't come back if you kick them. Or if they're really fucking retarded they come back and try the same thing. But no...i don't believe anyone but admins should be able to kick ppl

How was I a douche?

SilentGuns
4 Jun 2009, 12:10pm
People who want voting and commenting rights in those threads have to be reviewed to determine if they are mature enough and won't troll. Just make a test of some kind. A person can get a total of 100 points , the lower that person scores , the less forum rights he/she will have. The first part is in writing , you can get a max of 60 points with it. The second part is oral , you can get a max of 40 points. But... I doubt anyone would go through all this trouble.

Bethy
4 Jun 2009, 01:26pm
How was I a douche?

This is what I want to know. All you've done is point out the truth and give a reasonable opinion and you are now a douche. You guys really need to learn to mature up. Just because you don't agree with someone or something they say, doesn't mean you need to call them a douche.

Harbor
4 Jun 2009, 02:20pm
People who want voting and commenting rights in those threads have to be reviewed to determine if they are mature enough and won't troll. Just make a test of some kind. A person can get a total of 100 points , the lower that person scores , the less forum rights he/she will have. The first part is in writing , you can get a max of 60 points with it. The second part is oral , you can get a max of 40 points. But... I doubt anyone would go through all this trouble.

i would fail the mature part i laughed at the word oral.

But yah a test isnt the solution either, I think we just keep it how it is the point of this thread was just that keeping it how its is and not changing it.

4 Jun 2009, 02:24pm
There was a man who once said: "Can't we all just get along?".

This thread was made to make certain peoples e-penor grow without losing any money. Why can't you just enjoy the game, add admins to your friends list in case of emergencies and just ENJOY. I don't know what's with your lust for power, cause I'm certain that, in your heads, you aren't thinking for what's best for the community but how can your reputation within it grow.

Caution
4 Jun 2009, 02:56pm
Can people seriously stop with the "OMG JUST PLAY CSS ADD ADMIN 2 FRIENDS LIST AND LOCK THREAD!" ?

We're trying to think of / work out suggestions for the admin application system in these two threads, and it doesn't help when people just spam to lock the thread and add an admin to friends.

4 Jun 2009, 03:04pm
Can people seriously stop with the "OMG JUST PLAY CSS ADD ADMIN 2 FRIENDS LIST AND LOCK THREAD!" ?

We're trying to think of / work out suggestions for the admin application system in these two threads, and it doesn't help when people just spam to lock the thread and add an admin to friends.

Well then, don't fix what ain't broken.

Caution
4 Jun 2009, 03:09pm

Well then, know what you're talking about before you post. :thumb:

Harbor
4 Jun 2009, 03:12pm

This thread was made to make certain peoples e-penor grow without losing any money. Why can't you just enjoy the game, add admins to your friends list in case of emergencies and just ENJOY. I don't know what's with your lust for power, cause I'm certain that, in your heads, you aren't thinking for what's best for the community but how can your reputation within it grow.

how do you know why this thread was made, you dont it not a lust for power its a solution so we dont get any shitty admins

4 Jun 2009, 03:22pm
I have to say most of the applications I've seen are pretty cool. Viable and useful comments both to the viewer and the applicant, there's a post for almost every vote.

IF you REALLY have to have a say in this, just let regulars post in it but not vote. That way the people who can actually vote can have a bit of an insight how that person was behaving when not under supervision of an admin. Of course the "LOLOL I SUPORT" posts would be deleted.

Harbor
4 Jun 2009, 03:31pm
^No we are keeping thoose posts down Scree you dont read anything you just type what you want to type. Read what other people say before you post.

Gumpy
4 Jun 2009, 03:42pm
^No we are keeping thoose posts down Scree you dont read anything you just type what you want to type. Read what other people say before you post.

He's typing his opinion, just because it is differnet to yours or any other person that posted in this thread, doesn't mean you can tell him to STFU.

Please try and show some respect to the people posting in this thread, you can disagree with someone without insulting them you know.

Harbor
4 Jun 2009, 03:45pm
Why can no1 fucking read i wasnt being mean what he said has already been said like twenty times in this thread alone

4 Jun 2009, 03:49pm
My post could be considered as +1 to the previous statements. And I also, why is this idea INVALID? The system we have now clearly WORKS.

And of course I type what I want to type. Isn't that why I'm typing it in the first place?

Gumpy
4 Jun 2009, 03:49pm
Why can no1 fucking read i wasnt being mean what he said has already been said like twenty times in this thread alone

Scree was the first person who suggested allowing regs to post but not vote, so they could state their opinion but wouldn't have the final decision in who becomes admin. So maybe you should "Learn to fucking read".

Harbor
4 Jun 2009, 03:56pm
Scree i know it works thats the point of this thread was to stop anyone wanting to change it.

Gumpy, maybe hes the first to suggest it but alot of people have said in this thread and before hand that it was apparently like that and it was alot of spam.

Caution
4 Jun 2009, 04:59pm
The system we have now clearly WORKS.

And clearly many disagree with you if several threads were made over it.

Harbor
4 Jun 2009, 05:04pm
this thread is anti productive read the title im supporting the current system

PingPong
4 Jun 2009, 06:26pm
I love fighting roosters idea but the thing that would happen is there would be ALOT of qq with the power to kick, but i love the rank idea

Shadowex3
4 Jun 2009, 07:24pm

My post could be considered as +1 to the previous statements. And I also, why is this idea INVALID? The system we have now clearly WORKS.

And of course I type what I want to type. Isn't that why I'm typing it in the first place?

this thread is anti productive read the title im supporting the current system

I'm not even going to get into how ridiculous it is that you two are both going back and forth like you know the first thing about what works and what doesn't when in reality the original system was far more secure for all the reasons I've already posted a massive wall of text about in another thread.

You're both newbs, you've been here for all of ~4-5 months, and if you both dont stop automatically dismissing everyone who disagrees with you as automatically wrong and ditch the goddamn attitudes i very much doubt you'll be here for another 4-5 months.

This is not about a change of any kind. This is about UNDOING a change that, as those of us who have actually been here long enough to see how things were before it occured almost universally agree, was pretty damn harmful to the community and has led to a general degredation of SG.

Now quit pretending you two know the first thing about what you're talking about because you bothare ALREADY WRONG, and not the "wrong because I said so" you two have a fetish for but the real "history and objective facts prove otherwise" wrong. Believing the earth is flat when we've got people LOOKING AT IT and SAYING "No jim it's round" wrong.

For the love of game, this must be what Super Nublet felt like all the time.

Caution
4 Jun 2009, 07:52pm
I'm not even going to get into how ridiculous it is that you two are both going back and forth like you know the first thing about what works and what doesn't when in reality the original system was far more secure for all the reasons I've already posted a massive wall of text about in another thread.

You're both newbs, you've been here for all of ~4-5 months, and if you both dont stop automatically dismissing everyone who disagrees with you as automatically wrong and ditch the goddamn attitudes i very much doubt you'll be here for another 4-5 months.

This is not about a change of any kind. This is about UNDOING a change that, as those of us who have actually been here long enough to see how things were before it occured almost universally agree, was pretty damn harmful to the community and has led to a general degredation of SG.

Now quit pretending you two know the first thing about what you're talking about because you bothare ALREADY WRONG, and not the "wrong because I said so" you two have a fetish for but the real "history and objective facts prove otherwise" wrong. Believing the earth is flat when we've got people LOOKING AT IT and SAYING "No jim it's round" wrong.

If I could have sex with that post, I would.

Lol anybody else notice the mass amounts of people saying "Yeah doode I've been here for 2 years since ZM started, but I just signed up to the forums a month ago!" ? And it's even funnier that nobody has even seen them in-game save for the past 5 months or so.

Dracula
4 Jun 2009, 08:12pm
Scree has been around for a long time.

Caution
4 Jun 2009, 08:14pm
Scree has been around for a long time.

Not even talking about him, there are others who say the same.

Dracula
4 Jun 2009, 08:15pm
I was more replying to Shadow.

Caution
4 Jun 2009, 08:17pm
Ah, never mind then.

phatman76
4 Jun 2009, 08:18pm

Pure win.

But we are too big to go back to the old ways entirely. I approve of the new systems, but I would like to see all people free to post on an admin application. We have enough AO's to police the apps and throw out worthless posts. I wrote nearly a year ago on a similar problem.

http://www.steamgamers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2965

That time also, I was afraid of new people I didn't know. However, that is an unstoppable result of a larger community. We must still vet admin applications, and recognize a nay vote with real reason. I once felt that a gulf was growing between new admins and members who did not use vent and those who did. I now realize that gulf was always there, and that there is no way to bridge it artificially, one must simply cross it on their own accord. I have not, and I will continue not to, approve of those applying for admin who have never joined us or tried to join us on Ventrilo if they have the capability. I feel that getting to know us outside of the servers is the only way to truly get to know some one at all here.

As such, I continue to use my standard for adminship: Maturity, Vent use, and a participating member in the forum community. These are not particularly hard or time consuming standards, but they do take a longer time to develop than the typical quick jumps from user to member to supporter and then admin. This also prevents potential admins from flying under the radar.

Now I want you guys to understand I thought this before I became an admin at this community. I was a member for several months before I even considered being an admin. As a regular, one desire I had then was to be able to give my opinion on the Admin Apps of other members. I still feel that is a reasonable desire and one that should be followed with all deliberate speed.

A community such as SG represents a continuous amount of work, and will never be perfect. But the system has been closer to perfection before than it is now, and it is damn possible to get back there. So, can we please let all forum users post on admin applications and put greater thought into the approval process in general, using less of a "check the boxes" approach but rather one that measures the person applying? We have the capability.

All praise to God and his glorious heaven sent prophet, Haggard Nuggs. Donna Noblis Pacem, En Terra Pax.

PingPong
4 Jun 2009, 08:41pm
If I could have sex with that post, I would.

Lol anybody else notice the mass amounts of people saying "Yeah doode I've been here for 2 years since ZM started, but I just signed up to the forums a month ago!" ? And it's even funnier that nobody has even seen them in-game save for the past 5 months or so. Ok well i believe that you are directing that post towards me and i would like to say that LOTS of people have seen me ingame and know me around the community, you arent FORCED to use vent and the site but it is suggested and required if you want a mem tag, i got my reg tag back when admins handed it out and i never even used the site or vent for 2 yerars. Why is it so diffrent now and where does it say to be a good sg member you have to use the forums and vent. Its something you have to opertunity to use rather then being forced to use it, not trying to be an asshole or anything but thats the truth

Pure win.

But we are too big to go back to the old ways entirely. I approve of the new systems, but I would like to see all people free to post on an admin application. We have enough AO's to police the apps and throw out worthless posts. I wrote nearly a year ago on a similar problem.

http://www.steamgamers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2965

That time also, I was afraid of new people I didn't know. However, that is an unstoppable result of a larger community. We must still vet admin applications, and recognize a nay vote with real reason. I once felt that a gulf was growing between new admins and members who did not use vent and those who did. I now realize that gulf was always there, and that there is no way to bridge it artificially, one must simply cross it on their own accord. I have not, and I will continue not to, approve of those applying for admin who have never joined us or tried to join us on Ventrilo if they have the capability. I feel that getting to know us outside of the servers is the only way to truly get to know some one at all here.

As such, I continue to use my standard for adminship: Maturity, Vent use, and a participating member in the forum community. These are not particularly hard or time consuming standards, but they do take a longer time to develop than the typical quick jumps from user to member to supporter and then admin. This also prevents potential admins from flying under the radar.

Now I want you guys to understand I thought this before I became an admin at this community. I was a member for several months before I even considered being an admin. As a regular, one desire I had then was to be able to give my opinion on the Admin Apps of other members. I still feel that is a reasonable desire and one that should be followed with all deliberate speed.

A community such as SG represents a continuous amount of work, and will never be perfect. But the system has been closer to perfection before than it is now, and it is damn possible to get back there. So, can we please let all forum users post on admin applications and put greater thought into the approval process in general, using less of a "check the boxes" approach but rather one that measures the person applying? We have the capability.

All praise to God and his glorious heaven sent prophet, Haggard Nuggs. Donna Noblis Pacem, En Terra Pax.

I agree with you man, i would love to voice my opinion on the people going for apps because like someone said before once admins are gone they do things they wouldnt do but i guess thats what demos are for

Caution
4 Jun 2009, 09:05pm
Ok well i believe that you are directing that post towards me and i would like to say that LOTS of people have seen me ingame and know me around the community, you arent FORCED to use vent and the site but it is suggested and required if you want a mem tag, i got my reg tag back when admins handed it out and i never even used the site or vent for 2 yerars. Why is it so diffrent now and where does it say to be a good sg member you have to use the forums and vent. Its something you have to opertunity to use rather then being forced to use it, not trying to be an asshole or anything but thats the truth

Actually, I wasn't. When you assume, you make an ass/u/me.

PingPong
4 Jun 2009, 09:11pm
Actually, I wasn't. When you assume, you make an ass/u/me.
Well i apologize if it was'nt directed towards me and for making me/you look like an ass, but by the information you gave i thought it was directed all towards me in which i had to retaliate and by no means meant to make you look like an ass but people can be ingame and not fully partake in the community like vent/forums and theres nothing wrong with that

Caution
4 Jun 2009, 09:19pm
not fully partake in the community like vent/forums and theres nothing wrong with that

Completely agree, but if this is true then they should not be posting ideas based on a forum issue.

PingPong
4 Jun 2009, 09:35pm
Completely agree, but if this is true then they should not be posting ideas based on a forum issue.
I agree with you 100%, if they do not fully partake in the community then they should not be able to judge or discuss what should be done. I love the system the way it is because the admins who were accepted know what has to be done to get into admin however the regulars/members do not and will judge based upon theyre judgement not knowing what is required. If they have something to say they could pm an admin like previously said which would stop a lot of ridiculous posts made on the apps, however if regs could be given the right to post there opinion the ones who post idiotic remarks like " YOU ARE AWSEOME DUDE, YOU DESERVE ADMIN" could have theyre right to post on the apps taken away and if they have no good input to add then they shouldnt post at all. I believe that system would work well leaving the smart regs to post good input and the bad regs to be forced to shutup

4 Jun 2009, 09:59pm

I've been here well over a year (2 years in the middle of August), and I DO know the system and I've been around to see the "FFA" system. And you just posted a 5 paragraph based on what you think you know :). And don't tell me I haven't felt it, there is an admin still around who was kicking me everytime he saw me on a server (we had a minor fight on vent). No doubt, he got support the way everybody could vote.

I won't argue with you anymore, we are retards. Good day to you sir.

Shadowex3
4 Jun 2009, 11:06pm
So dracula says as well, and yet you still argue based on fallacies that have simply been proven wrong by that very system you claim to have been around to see. If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, and needs 3 AAA batteries, you are using the wrong analogy.