PDA

View Full Version : L4D 2 Trailer

LVG
1 Jun 2009, 03:23pm
Trailer of L4D 2 the voice over is pretty gay

dSfsMJgypdw

Red
1 Jun 2009, 03:27pm
so it's l4d with the Teamfortress style graphics and they're making us pay for things they should have put in the original l4d?

cool

andre1028
1 Jun 2009, 03:31pm
so it's l4d with the Teamfortress style graphics and they're making us pay for things they should have put in the original l4d?

cool

http://ndn3.newsweek.com/media/25/71014_MoneyHappiness_vl-vertical.jpg

Silentfaith
1 Jun 2009, 03:37pm
I hope they added more weapons..(Besides melee weapons)

andre1028
1 Jun 2009, 03:42pm
I hope they added more weapons..(Besides melee weapons)

There's a silenced smg with an extra of incendiary bullets. Pretty much looks like a Steyr TMP. *EDIT* It actually looks more like a MAC 10.

There's also a new shotgun which looks like a FRANCHI SPAS12.

I'm pretty sure there's two different pistols. The new one looks like a glock.

By the way guys, the new boss zombie is called the "Charger"

The jet planes shown look like something from the Raptor series. Possibly the 16 or 22.

Iron_Man
1 Jun 2009, 03:43pm
Look's sweet! i like the graphics style :D

Silentfaith
1 Jun 2009, 03:48pm
There's a silenced smg with an extra of incendiary bullets. Pretty much looks like a Steyr TMP. *EDIT* It actually looks more like a MAC 10.

There's also a new shotgun which looks like a FRANCHI SPAS12.

I'm pretty sure there's two different pistols. The new one looks like a glock.

How many new maps?

Hazardous
1 Jun 2009, 03:49pm
What the fuck, Valve?

Red
1 Jun 2009, 03:51pm
Valve pulled an EA.

They just fucking reskinned it with TF2 cartoonish crap and added weapons that they promised in the first l4d.

It's like Calling BF2142 a new game, it was a glorified mod that they charged full price for.

andre1028
1 Jun 2009, 03:52pm
How many new maps?

"5 New Episodes". There's also a new type of Witch that can actually walk around and fire immune zombies. There's also a new AI director version featuring the changing of the actual map locations, routes, theme, weather etc.

*edit*

I'm also guessing this takes place in Louisiana (New Orleans? Maybe?) judging by the trailer.

Silentfaith
1 Jun 2009, 03:55pm
"5 New Episodes". There's also a new type of Witch that can actually walk around and fire immune zombies. There's also a new AI director version featuring the changing of the actual map locations, routes, theme, weather etc.

*edit*

I'm also guessing this takes place in Louisiana (New Orleans? Maybe?) judging by the trailer.

Oh thx

Xtrm
1 Jun 2009, 03:59pm
WOW HORRIBLE GRAPHICS.

raven maniac
1 Jun 2009, 04:11pm
I don't see myself buying this. I understand it's for the money, but why not just update the original instead of paying $50 for another 4 map sets and a few extra weapons.

LVG
1 Jun 2009, 04:14pm

*edit*

Where you getting all this from

miniVICIOUS
1 Jun 2009, 04:17pm
wow.... i don't like it at all. it seriously is just like tf2 but zombified. the first l4d puts this one to shame!
if this takes place in louisiana then i hope i get a whole shipment of boiled crawfish with the purchase of this lame game :P

andre1028
1 Jun 2009, 04:25pm
Where you getting all this from

I have my sources.

Frostbyte
1 Jun 2009, 04:30pm
You guys jump to conclusion REAL fast.

Bad Dog
1 Jun 2009, 04:35pm
ya seriously..looks okay I guess, idk i really enjoyed the 1st because it WAS hard, and dark and scary. Now that its daylight from the trailer, idk kinda loses its fright factor. Also if they include all these juiced up weapons AND Melee weapons i expect waaay harder zombie. And the new graphics arent THAT bad i barely noticed really, they do kinda look TF2ie. Valve rarely dissapoints and EVERYONE here knows this. Especially when it comes to one of their OWN GAMES. I think it will be a great surprise, looks crappy now, but it will turn out good. I hope *gulp*

LVG
1 Jun 2009, 04:35pm
I have my sources.

Share them nao

Thefreshprince
1 Jun 2009, 04:51pm
I like the accents. Also, melee weapons will be good for when you run out of ammo or want to conserve. Looking forward to the daytime as well, I hate how night is used so much in zombie games.

Astrum
1 Jun 2009, 04:54pm
I don't see myself buying this. I understand it's for the money, but why not just update the original instead of paying $50 for another 4 map sets and a few extra weapons.

More weapons that they promised in the demo and we never got. Now I get it, you have to pay $50 for more weapons.

Dracula
1 Jun 2009, 04:55pm
More weapons that they promised in the demo and we never got. Now I get it, you have to pay $50 for more weapons.

Did Valve change its name to Relic?

ninjaz1337
1 Jun 2009, 05:01pm
Did you guys read my previous thread. As I stated, valve is changing.......

Who else regret paying 50 bucks for l4d? So instead of releasing free DLCs, instead they put the DLCs together and released it as one game, so basically left 4 dead is fucked.

FUCK YOU VALVE.

Astrum
1 Jun 2009, 05:01pm
Did Valve change its name to Relic?

No, you mean EA. Relic spends gobs of time making sequels and expansions*. EA on the other hand releases a new Madden football game every fucking year with small updates. They then charge you full fucking price.

Coming next year, Left 4 Dead 2010!
Coming the year after, Left 4 Dead 2011!
etc...

*Whether or not they're worth it is kind of a gamble.

Psyche
1 Jun 2009, 05:03pm
This better be the June 1st joke like they did for EP1 in 06

Drox
1 Jun 2009, 05:10pm
lol L4D: New Orleans? looks like another game that will get boring after a week.

raven maniac
1 Jun 2009, 05:19pm

Yeah, basically. I can't remember it exactly, but it went along the lines of "8 new weapons" and we haven't seen them yet xD. Or the new DLC that was released that said new maps but it was individual maps not campaigns, and they were the same maps from the basic campaigns but put onto versus mode.

This better be the June 1st joke like they did for EP1 in 06

I really hope so, because like I said, I wont be paying $50 for another L4D that promises you something but instead lies and gives you basic shit.

Psyche
1 Jun 2009, 05:30pm
it better be DLC to L4d or I refuse to buy it.

Frostbyte
1 Jun 2009, 05:33pm
This reminds me how much cooler the L4D beta skins looked than the ones in the retail.

Metal
1 Jun 2009, 05:53pm
its E3..........give them time

Thefreshprince
1 Jun 2009, 07:44pm
Left 4 Dead 2 Gameplay footage (more in the bottom right list)

http://pc.ign.com/dor/objects/14352245/left-4-dead-2/videos/l4d2_gmp_dockstart_052809.html

EDIT:

Campaign poster(s, if I can find more):

http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/9927/1243888304467.jpg

Also "In case you're not familiar, a parish is what we in Louisiana refer to as a county. Pretty cool to see a game finally referencing our state without being completely satirical."

Evolution X
1 Jun 2009, 11:45pm
what the hell? didnt l4d come out like MONTHS ago? why is there a sequel already!?!?!?

Frostbyte
1 Jun 2009, 11:53pm
Left 4 Dead 2 Gameplay footage (more in the bottom right list)

http://pc.ign.com/dor/objects/14352245/left-4-dead-2/videos/l4d2_gmp_dockstart_052809.html

EDIT:

Campaign poster(s, if I can find more):

http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/9927/1243888304467.jpg

Also "In case you're not familiar, a parish is what we in Louisiana refer to as a county. Pretty cool to see a game finally referencing our state without being completely satirical."

I thought that was pretty cool.

ninjaz1337
2 Jun 2009, 12:08am
Yea what can I say, valve is off my trusted list. I can't believe I paid 50 fucking bucks for Left 4 Dead and expect updates. Valve just shot my hopes for them down, then spit on my fucking face, then attempted to grab for my wallet but unfortunately, that's guarded.

Italian Jew
2 Jun 2009, 12:09am
Yea what can I say, valve is off my trusted list. I can't believe I paid 50 fucking bucks for Left 4 Dead and expect updates. Valve just shot my hopes for them down, then spit on my fucking face, then attempted to grab for my wallet but unfortunately, that's guarded.

join the club

XeNo
2 Jun 2009, 12:09am
what the hell? didnt l4d come out like MONTHS ago? why is there a sequel already!?!?!?
No.

Drox
2 Jun 2009, 12:11am

6 months, November 2008

Thefreshprince
2 Jun 2009, 12:14am
I'm hoping they wont charge us $50 but they are touting it as a full new game :/

Svendy
2 Jun 2009, 01:06am
no no no! i refuse to pay for some new characters, TF2 graphics, some new models and skins and a few extra weapons. the only thing i atm think would be even worth paying for is the new AI Director andre was talking about

Ms. Blargh
2 Jun 2009, 02:55am
NAWLINS Fuck Yah!

Also maybe it wont be $50

:D

Marquis Posa
2 Jun 2009, 03:22am
even though im totally disappointed that valve did work on l4d2 instead of updating l4d ill probably buy it.
in the first moment i just thought this was a bad joke, but the ign review (http://uk.pc.ign.com/articles/988/988161p1.html) changed my mind.
l4d2 seems to fix all the issues l4d1 had, most important the boring events, the repetitive gameplay ( at least i think the gameplay will be a lot different since there are new special infected and that should mix it up every time) and corner camping (long live the charger).
also there will be 1 new gameplay mode, im still hoping for an infection mode.^^
so yeah ill buy it to finally get a fixed l4d.
the only thing that makes me sad are the new characters bill, louis, francis and zoey ill miss you.

Astrum
2 Jun 2009, 03:22am
Anyone else think the skinny guy on the right is the Scout from TF2?

Leon
2 Jun 2009, 04:25am
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=883805

The ONLY solution for this, without jarateing half of your consumers off, is to give the owners of L4D a 50% price cut and remove L4D from their steam games list when they order L4D 2...

I dont think that there is another solution

Is he STUPID??? I bought mine retail, i dont trust buying games directly from Steam. If they were to delete the game off they going to get loads of trouble from me >:[

But i really doubt they would, L4D isnt bad when you play with friends and it feels as if it came out yesterday >:]

James
2 Jun 2009, 07:12am
Anyone else think the skinny guy on the right is the Scout from TF2?

Funnily enough, the voice actor for the scout also does a voice over for l4d. On the death toll campaign at the church with the nutcase who got infected:

1h1PjXFaQLI

Huwajux
2 Jun 2009, 09:38am
Funnily enough, the voice actor for the scout also does a voice over for l4d. On the death toll campaign at the church with the nutcase who got infected:

1h1PjXFaQLI
Goddamn I hate that guy! He apparently has a 0.01% chance of turning into a tank, and it happened to me. I was the only one left after the panic event and the tank screwed me over, I totally didn't expect it.

RiotJavelin
2 Jun 2009, 10:12am
They are coming out with a sequel because Killing Floor raped them of everyone who used to play L4D

Red
2 Jun 2009, 10:28am

1h1PjXFaQLI

Damn the parts where he's transforming are sick

RiotJavelin
2 Jun 2009, 10:28am
Honestly I might buy it but only if its less than or equal to $30, because like some people said $50 dollars is too much for something that is very very similar to the first one

Daze
2 Jun 2009, 10:29am
I'd rather wait for Killing Floor 2.

Red
2 Jun 2009, 10:34am
I'd rather wait for Killing Floor 2.

word

RiotJavelin
2 Jun 2009, 10:40am
the only thing i really like about L4d is the versus. If they could find a way to include it in Killing Floor, kf would rape L4D

Th3-Sn4k3
2 Jun 2009, 11:16am
L4d 2 WTF!!!!!!!!! Why not a new CSS, That game is 5 years old!!!!!!!!!
And L4D 1 is JUST a 1/2 year OLD!

THIS IS BULLCR** T_____T''

2fast
2 Jun 2009, 12:29pm
loooks gay

andre1028
2 Jun 2009, 02:05pm
L4d 2 WTF!!!!!!!!! Why not a new CSS, That game is 5 years old!!!!!!!!!
And L4D 1 is JUST a 1/2 year OLD!

THIS IS BULLCR** T_____T''

There is no story CSS so there's no point in doing a sequel. Unless you're talking about remakes then that's not going to happen unless a new engine is made. Which seeing how valve rolls won't happen until source is completely dead.

With the quick push release. It happens all the time and seeing how much money L4D generated, it isn't surprising. Look at the fucking Nintendo line up.

Wrathek
2 Jun 2009, 02:54pm
i hope this doesn't cost 50 dollars as well, but where are you people getting "tf2 style graphics" from?

seriously, it looks like l4d, just in the day time.

Gumpy
3 Jun 2009, 04:00am
but where are you people getting "tf2 style graphics" from?

Watch both trailers, there's a difference.

UF1HVlcXBmA

Jz6FCFoL3k4

Wrathek
3 Jun 2009, 06:36am
only difference i notice, again, is that its day time and the zombies are maybe less dark grey. pay attention to them both. the skin on the humans has the same detail etc. i bet the fat dude has the same shade of black as lewis if lewis was in the daytime. neither is more "cartoony" than the other.

Toxin
3 Jun 2009, 06:53am
Hell no Valve.

Thefreshprince
3 Jun 2009, 01:37pm
It does use the tf2 style of cell-shading with the source engine

Henrik
3 Jun 2009, 01:50pm
the graphics looks bad

Ms. Blargh
5 Jun 2009, 03:30pm
http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2009/06/before-its-time-valve-explains-left-4-dead-sequel-to-ars.ars

interview with chet explaining why valve made the sequel

MtrxMn
5 Jun 2009, 03:31pm
LEFT 4 DEAD 2!!!!!!!!! HOLY MOTHERFUCKING SHIT!!!!!!

Marquis Posa
6 Jun 2009, 04:26am
SQWylFmqnwM
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/L4D2boycott?action=join
i joined their group, even though i will buy the game.
just showing valve that l4d2 was a move in the wrong direction.

Ulrich
6 Jun 2009, 09:39pm
I like the accents. Also, melee weapons will be good for when you run out of ammo or want to conserve. Looking forward to the daytime as well, I hate how night is used so much in zombie games.

Only time you'll ever run out of ammo (if you dont suck) is when there's a tank on the hardest difficulty.

If you do run out of ammo, learn to aim and not spray. ^_^

Bullet Wound
7 Jun 2009, 02:13am
Wow....what a retarded thing to do. It literally looks like all the did is change the interface, the skins, some guns and how the ammo works, and added/changed some things with the infected.

Seriously wtf, these are all updates, the game hasn't been changed at all, if you watch the video the sound effects are all the same, the notices are the same, the way the character moves/interacts is the same, it even uses the same damn achiveables.

And wtf is with the characters, the hardly seem diverse, you have rich white guy, hick white guy, and 2 black people, all looking like the are from 25-40 years old. Really why not make there be a British are Asn person, least switch it up a bit.

And what one of the developers said in an interview about it (Link:http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2009/06/before-its-time-valve-explains-left-4-dead-sequel-to-ars.ars) really pissed me off.

He also hints that the characters from the two Left 4 Dead games may meet in the future. "My dream is to have 16 characters, going through the world, having their experiences and their own views." Valve has piles of concepts for characters; the possibilities are limitless.

Really WTF, they want us the pay over $200 total for 4 different games each with the SAME gameplay, and just different things included, complete fucken bullshit.

In short, valve really pissed me off.

Ultima
7 Jun 2009, 06:14am
Gay

Jazz
7 Jun 2009, 02:08pm
Well, that's EPIC :D

Scree :O
7 Jun 2009, 03:06pm
What are you talking about? Nobody is MAKING you to buy the game. You should be happy that Valve actually tries to support Left 4 Dead. If this was any other developer I bet you guys wouldn't be so angry.

Why? Valve has been nothing but good to us and yes, excuse them for being a BUSINESS and trying to make money. Atleast what you can do is for the game to come out, or atleast wait for some new footage before you start selling your bullshit.

Italian Jew
7 Jun 2009, 03:13pm
If this was any other developer I bet you guys wouldn't be so angry.

Yes we would. There have been many words tossed at EA and Relic over screwing stuff over for a quick buck. You can find more if you want to take the time to search.

Valve has been nothing but good to us

No they haven't. Maybe good enough to take your money, but whoopty fucking do!

Atleast what you can do is for the game to come out, or atleast wait for some new footage before you start selling your bullshit.

Valve released the video to show the people what they have been doing, so they were looking for feedback on the matter. If they didn't want to get yelled at for the footage, they shouldn't have released it. The only one selling bullshit is Valve.

PotshotPolka
7 Jun 2009, 03:45pm
It's precisely because they are Valve that people are getting pissed. They were the one company that seemed to retain some sanity until their HLEP2.000009 bullshit.

Bad Dog
7 Jun 2009, 08:10pm
God if any of you stopped your fuckin QQ for half a second you would find out WHY they are making this. They had a vote at Valve with the employees on what game they wanted to develope, L4D 2 was voted. I think thats seriously cool of Valve, honestly I loved L4D, but it DOES get a lil old, i cant wait for this man, new special zombies, 5 new maps, new weapons (Not excited for melees tho.) And a fuckin fat black guy named Coach. Now cmon, Coach!? How can you hate that!!?!? Thats just plain fuckin awsome I hope their riding in an elevator or somthing and they all start talking and Coach metions his love for KFC. I would jizz. Also i think the one, smaller white guy is mentally challenged. No lie watch a gameplay vid, there was one where you hear him talk. he sounds dumb/retarded. So yay!

Huwajux
8 Jun 2009, 03:40am
God if any of you stopped your fuckin QQ for half a second you would find out WHY they are making this. They had a vote at Valve with the employees on what game they wanted to develope, L4D 2 was voted. I think thats seriously cool of Valve, honestly I loved L4D, but it DOES get a lil old
I don't see why Valve employees having a vote on what they wanted to do makes any of the slightest difference in how people's attitudes should change towards the matter. Left4Dead gets old because Valve have been (unsurprisingly) slow with the updates, most of which should have come with the game in the first place, e.g. versus mode for Death Toll and Dead Air.

People feel cheated out of their money because Valve promised a constant flow of updates to Left4Dead after release, and now that Left4Dead 2 has been announced, it just shows that they are going to milk this franchise as much as possible. Although Valve said that they are still going to support L4D1, it is clear that it is going to be second priority, and all the effort and work in L4D2 could have been rerouted back to L4D1 in the form of updates. The new features that I'm aware of in L4D2 could have all been released in updates. These include fire bullets, new infected, new campaigns, smarter AI Director, smarter infected and improved player dialogue.

When people bought L4D, they consoled themselves with the lack of content with the promise of future updates. 6 months later L4D2 comes along and proves that Valve has fucked everyone over and is trying to charge the same people again. I would not be surprised if people decided to buy L4D2 with yet again the promise of updates, and then Valve next year at E3 announces L4D3 where they spill the same bullshit that they are now.

Jaffa
8 Jun 2009, 06:21am
Looks good, i'll buy it, more fun to play pc games than QQ in this thread

8 Jun 2009, 07:34am
Yes we would. There have been many words tossed at EA and Relic over screwing stuff over for a quick buck. You can find more if you want to take the time to search.

No they haven't. Maybe good enough to take your money, but whoopty fucking do!

Valve released the video to show the people what they have been doing, so they were looking for feedback on the matter. If they didn't want to get yelled at for the footage, they shouldn't have released it. The only one selling bullshit is Valve.

First of all, not at this scale. People go *yawn* when they see an EA product screwing stuff up. Or even Relic, which I think wasn't even the case. I own all of their games and I can't say I'm disappointed. People don't go apeshit crazy, signing boycott petitions and just generaly being douches to everybody who disagrees with a retort "BUT THEYZ STEELING UR MONEZ".

And how has Valve NOT been good to us? What is a major dissapointment in your eyes? No left 4 dead updates? They were busy balancing the game, they added a new game mode and released 2 more versus maps. What games have they released that weren't worth their money?

The reason for a sequel is that they found out making additional content updates would be too much work, since the entire game would require a serious reconstruction. In TF2 it was only 1 segment of the game that they were changing. It's much easier to start from relatively, a scratch and then continue.

Leon
8 Jun 2009, 07:43am
I'm not bored of L4D "yet", such things as updates to give us doesnt concern me as long as it works and play with others. We will see how Valve reacts to millions of the users responses to what they've done.

Target
8 Jun 2009, 08:23am
The fat black guy looks like Uncle Phil from "The Fresh Prince of Bel Air"

MtrxMn
8 Jun 2009, 12:11pm
I'll still get this game, but i'd rather of seen a new half life or portal game.

Italian Jew
8 Jun 2009, 12:40pm
First of all, not at this scale. People go *yawn* when they see an EA product screwing stuff up. Or even Relic, which I think wasn't even the case. I own all of their games and I can't say I'm disappointed. People don't go apeshit crazy, signing boycott petitions and just generaly being douches to everybody who disagrees with a retort "BUT THEYZ STEELING UR MONEZ".

Look at Madden football games and the complaints people have on them. The Sim City games have sucked since they took over Maxis. Look online and you can find many petitions that people write to EA. Relic creates buggy games and breaks promises about those games. You can find petitions for their games as well. You will find petitions for just about everything because every tard on the internet believes that they will get something done through them.

And how has Valve NOT been good to us? What is a major dissapointment in your eyes? No left 4 dead updates? They were busy balancing the game, they added a new game mode and released 2 more versus maps. What games have they released that weren't worth their money?

The new game mode is boring and they added the maps that they should've had in the first place. Valve now has a tendency to release games a bit prematurely as they either come out with many problems or a sequel is coming within a year. They make good games depending on what you like, but they don't put enough effort into all their games. They advertise games as the pinnacle of entertainment, but they only pass the time for several weeks.

The reason for a sequel is that they found out making additional content updates would be too much work, since the entire game would require a serious reconstruction. In TF2 it was only 1 segment of the game that they were changing. It's much easier to start from relatively, a scratch and then continue.

If the entire game required serious reconstruction, why release it? L4D was overpriced when it first came out, but people did not know that the gameplay was going to be VERY repetitive. Sure it was fun, but only for a while. Valve releasing a sequel so soon just shows that they know they fucked up. I just don't want them to half ass it with only a few more levels, TF2 graphics, and the same price.

Valve has been screwing up a bit as of late, and they don't put as much effort as you might find in another Half-Life (or another Episode, the lazy bastards) into other games. They are becoming a disappointment as EA did years ago.

8 Jun 2009, 12:54pm
Well, hate to say it, but only time will tell.

Bad Dog
8 Jun 2009, 04:22pm
I don't see why Valve employees having a vote on what they wanted to do makes any of the slightest difference in how people's attitudes should change towards the matter. Left4Dead gets old because Valve have been (unsurprisingly) slow with the updates, most of which should have come with the game in the first place, e.g. versus mode for Death Toll and Dead Air.

People feel cheated out of their money because Valve promised a constant flow of updates to Left4Dead after release, and now that Left4Dead 2 has been announced, it just shows that they are going to milk this franchise as much as possible. Although Valve said that they are still going to support L4D1, it is clear that it is going to be second priority, and all the effort and work in L4D2 could have been rerouted back to L4D1 in the form of updates. The new features that I'm aware of in L4D2 could have all been released in updates. These include fire bullets, new infected, new campaigns, smarter AI Director, smarter infected and improved player dialogue.

When people bought L4D, they consoled themselves with the lack of content with the promise of future updates. 6 months later L4D2 comes along and proves that Valve has fucked everyone over and is trying to charge the same people again. I would not be surprised if people decided to buy L4D2 with yet again the promise of updates, and then Valve next year at E3 announces L4D3 where they spill the same bullshit that they are now.

Do you NOT remember the update giving new gameplay modes, new map(s) for said mode, new Versus Maps, and it was FREE. Valve could have easily coined it off for a quick buck, but didnt. This is extremely rare for ppl like me who play on 360, as Downloadable content that sucks that requires pay is more common then common infected (HO HO!!) And really, I guess they could have released ALL of this content in downloadable content form, but im glad they didnt. Do you really think Valve would release all of that with free downloads? I wouldnt. No, instead theyre making it its own god damn game, which yea is a bit soon and ya will be $50.00 bucks, but you can bet that there are gonna be more updates to the game then fire bullets and melee weapons. I gaurentee you sir.

Bad Dog
8 Jun 2009, 04:23pm
Look at Madden football games and the complaints people have on them. The Sim City games have sucked since they took over Maxis. Look online and you can find many petitions that people write to EA. Relic creates buggy games and breaks promises about those games. You can find petitions for their games as well. You will find petitions for just about everything because every tard on the internet believes that they will get something done through them.

The new game mode is boring and they added the maps that they should've had in the first place. Valve now has a tendency to release games a bit prematurely as they either come out with many problems or a sequel is coming within a year. They make good games depending on what you like, but they don't put enough effort into all their games. They advertise games as the pinnacle of entertainment, but they only pass the time for several weeks.

If the entire game required serious reconstruction, why release it? L4D was overpriced when it first came out, but people did not know that the gameplay was going to be VERY repetitive. Sure it was fun, but only for a while. Valve releasing a sequel so soon just shows that they know they fucked up. I just don't want them to half ass it with only a few more levels, TF2 graphics, and the same price.

Valve has been screwing up a bit as of late, and they don't put as much effort as you might find in another Half-Life (or another Episode, the lazy bastards) into other games. They are becoming a disappointment as EA did years ago.

Sorry for double posting, but if you have such a big problem with L4D, cuz it sounds like you do, then why play it?

Italian Jew
8 Jun 2009, 04:27pm
Sorry for double posting, but if you have such a big problem with L4D, cuz it sounds like you do, then why play it?

I don't

Kamakazii101
8 Jun 2009, 04:42pm
It doesn't look too bad, but it should have been included in the first L4D.

Huwajux
8 Jun 2009, 04:51pm
Do you NOT remember the update giving new gameplay modes, new map(s) for said mode, new Versus Maps, and it was FREE. Valve could have easily coined it off for a quick buck, but didnt. This is extremely rare for ppl like me who play on 360, as Downloadable content that sucks that requires pay is more common then common infected (HO HO!!) And really, I guess they could have released ALL of this content in downloadable content form, but im glad they didnt. Do you really think Valve would release all of that with free downloads? I wouldnt. No, instead theyre making it its own god damn game, which yea is a bit soon and ya will be $50.00 bucks, but you can bet that there are gonna be more updates to the game then fire bullets and melee weapons. I gaurentee you sir.
The new gameplay mode is equally repetitive as the campaign mode, if not more. Survival was also a simple adaptation that could have been done in a couple of weeks. The 2 new versus maps should have been included in the game in the first place, instead of leaving it out upon release and then passing it off as a decent update at a later date in order to try and look like you are doing something.

Also, everything in Left4Dead 2 could have been easily put into Left4Dead 1. Take a look at Team Fortress 2, the updates to date could warrant themselves an entirely new game, however it hasn't. If Team Fortress 3 was released with a slight graphical change, and all the character updates and not much else, there would be uproar. The time gap until L4D2's release doesn't leave much room for any major changes either, especially when Valve is running the show.

Bad Dog
8 Jun 2009, 06:19pm
The new gameplay mode is equally repetitive as the campaign mode, if not more. Survival was also a simple adaptation that could have been done in a couple of weeks. The 2 new versus maps should have been included in the game in the first place, instead of leaving it out upon release and then passing it off as a decent update at a later date in order to try and look like you are doing something.

Also, everything in Left4Dead 2 could have been easily put into Left4Dead 1. Take a look at Team Fortress 2, the updates to date could warrant themselves an entirely new game, however it hasn't. If Team Fortress 3 was released with a slight graphical change, and all the character updates and not much else, there would be uproar. The time gap until L4D2's release doesn't leave much room for any major changes either, especially when Valve is running the show.

I agree with you bout Survival ill admit. I HATE it. But you CANNOT compare the TF2 updates with L4D2. Those were just gun updates that honestly dont even help the game their more for fun IMO..the new L4D has graphic update, 5 new maps with all new gamepaly mechanics (Garden maze thats always diff. New types of horde alert moments. Cresendo endings where you run to location not camp. Melee weapons. Fire ammo. New guns. New common infected. New special infectected. New tank-like enemy.)

Wrathek
8 Jun 2009, 10:26pm
i agree with most of what you're saying dog, but honestly, they could introduce this stuff over the time that tf2 has introduced its updates. they promised everything you listed when they first announced l4d. new ammo and weapons? that could be 1 update. new characters + maybe 2 maps? thats another update. director 2.0? thats an update.

Jaffa
9 Jun 2009, 02:38am
I think you guys should reserve your criticism till you actually know more about the game and the reasons why they are releasing a sequel instead of updating the origional. Your not being forced to preorder now, so give them time to convince you why they made the decision they did.

EDIT:

http://uk.pc.ign.com/articles/988/988161p2.html some more info from ign