PDA

View Full Version : Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine Announced

Dracula
1 Jun 2009, 01:00pm
When a trailer emerged on the internet depicting a Space Marine performing acts of what can be tamely described as 'liberal slaughter' or 'Chainsword/limb interfacing' against a group a Chaos cultists, the general reaction seemed to one of intrigue mixed with a fair share of confusion. The 3rd-Person gameplay seemed like a bizarre mix of Gears of War and Devil May Cry. Since then, there has been very little information on the subject and the very existence of a Warhammer 40,000 action title seemed to fade into background-interest. In the past few days however, it has become an officially announced product and it has been revealed to be Relic Entertainment who are behind the project. Now the context in which the game takes place - arguably lacking in the leaked footage - has become somewhat clearer. It appears that you will play the role of an elite teams of Space Marines as opposed to a lone slaughterer and the surrounding Space Marine lore is far more apparent in the recent trailer.

jgPsiYiAAII

You can watch the trailer for the game above. The game has been announced for the Xbox360 and Playstation 3 only so far, making this Relic's first foray into the world of console gaming since The Outfit

Scree :O
1 Jun 2009, 01:06pm
You're 2 days too late :D. Looking forward to it.

Ultramarine
2 Jun 2009, 02:31pm
ULTRAMARINES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!1111

Dracula
2 Jun 2009, 02:33pm
I hope they let me be Eldar or Ork if they have Multiplayer =[

Metal
2 Jun 2009, 05:40pm
FPS or RTS?

2 Jun 2009, 09:55pm
Action RPG. Third person slasher.

Farmer Mick
3 Jun 2009, 12:17am
looks sick

3 Jun 2009, 02:44pm
If you check the trailer really well, there is some potential gameplay footage. I think most of it is in the second part of the trailer. When a space marine charges into a tide of orks with a daemon hammer. Check it out.