View Full Version : me and lux 2v2 lyon

Farmer Mick
31 May 2009, 03:02am
not sure if he posted it but it was a fun game

http://rapidshare.com/files/239163151/4p_lyon.2009-05-30.12-40-09.rec.html

Blueline
31 May 2009, 06:30am
Hmmm a campy map like Lyon...ok.

I watched it and i've got only one thing to say...Retreat?

Fast Bullet
31 May 2009, 06:32am
Hmmm a campy map like Lyon...ok.

I watched it and i've got only one thing to say...Retreat?

QFT

mick RETREAT your units! And lux why did you stop building that 17 pounder ???

Lux
31 May 2009, 09:14am
QFT

mick RETREAT your units! And lux why did you stop building that 17 pounder ???

Lol forgetting the n00b 17 pounder jokes I had PIAT's on all my engineers and I double clicked with the screen high thinking it would only select the two but it also brought the ones building the 17 pounder up and then it was too late :(

I liked the map. I know it's a bit campish but with 4 routes in widely spread across the map it's nice.

I thought that we had the game even if they didn't leave because they closed up the north and failed to counter when we had everything on the front line. Also they just rammed all their vechiles into our defence and under estimated us :lol:

Scree :O
31 May 2009, 10:56am
Play 1 v 1's to learn the basics and macro. Micro comes with practice. 2 v 2 is harder than 1 v 1.

PotshotPolka
31 May 2009, 12:41pm
1v1 is like two idiots clubbing each other's bases, the more allies and units on a map, the more strategic your moves will become.

Dracula
31 May 2009, 01:11pm
1v1 is like two idiots clubbing each other's bases, the more allies and units on a map, the more strategic your moves will become.

no.

Lux
31 May 2009, 01:16pm

I wouldn't say that's entirely true.

The more allies you have the more room for error there is. Each person's actions matter less and attention to detail and time isn't as high.

In a 1v1 you need to on your own be tactically and economically better, as well as doing it faster.

However in 2v2 because of the wider variety of deployable tactics (because you can have a mixture of factions, units, command choice thingies, etc) it's harder.

Blueline
31 May 2009, 01:55pm
Not to start this conversation again but have you guys actually played a 1v1 automatch. It is one of the hardest things in CoH. 3v3's and 4v4's are just mad tank rushes and arty spam fests. In 1v1 you actually have to micro around and know when to attack and when to RETREAT ( Yes you actually have to do that in 1v1). If you don't know how to flank MG's or plant mines 1v1 is not for you..

Fast Bullet

Well in 1vs1 if you loose 1 squad you have a good chance that you lost in 4vs4 you can loose lots of units and it doesnt really effect the game outcome .

Dracula
Not to start this conversation again but have you guys actually played a 1v1 automatch. It is one of the hardest things in CoH. 3v3's and 4v4's are just mad tank rushes and arty spam fests. In 1v1 you actually have to micro around and know when to attack and when to RETREAT ( Yes you actually have to do that in 1v1). If you don't know how to flank MG's or plant mines 1v1 is not for you..

Or Micro MG's.

PotshotPolka
31 May 2009, 04:19pm
Well in 1vs1 if you loose 1 squad you have a good chance that you lost in 4vs4 you can loose lots of units and it doesnt really effect the game outcome .

In some ways true, but I personally find watching a massed tank column get ambushed in a bottleneck and obliterated by an arty barrage then winning the game by camping MGs out front of the other player's HQ to kill their engineers.

Dracula
31 May 2009, 04:22pm
In some ways true, but I personally find watching a massed tank column get ambushed in a bottleneck and obliterated by an arty barrage then winning the game by camping MGs out front of the other player's HQ to kill their engineers.

Holy shit, someone must be a great player to be able to set that up and he also must have a blind opponent. [The MG part]

PotshotPolka
31 May 2009, 05:19pm
Holy shit, someone must be a great player to be able to set that up and he also must have a blind opponent. [The MG part]

I've done it before more or less.

Dracula
31 May 2009, 05:40pm
I've done it before more or less.

With bots????

PotshotPolka
31 May 2009, 05:47pm
With bots????

don't start.

Dracula
31 May 2009, 06:39pm
don't start.

seriously.

Scree :O
31 May 2009, 10:14pm
It's not that compstomps are bad but they can take your play only to a certain level. After that it stops because the AI behaves fairly predictably and the more times you play the less of a challenge it is. What I recommend if you're too nervous to play an automatch (1 v 1) is find, or better yet, make a game with automatch conditions (500 VP, random positions, standard resources). People make the "noob only" matches and most of the time, better players respect that. Well I tested it for you and it's true.

-Watch out for your units, retreat them when in trouble (press T).
-Don't have idle units (every unit should be doing something). If not fighting then building or capping.
-Know how to choose your fights.
-Watch replays (preferably of those games, which you lost.