PDA

View Full Version : The National Debt Road Trip

Drox
28 May 2009, 11:12pm
P5yxFtTwDcc

Pretty interesting video I found explaining how far america's debt has gone, and where it plans to go in simple terms.

Blank
29 May 2009, 07:16am
I think its ironic that the "debt car" ended in California. We all know how fiscally responsible they have been......

Drox
29 May 2009, 08:04am
I think its ironic that the "debt car" ended in California. We all know how fiscally responsible they have been......

lol yea that is pretty ironic

Blank
29 May 2009, 01:48pm
I think YouTube knows something we dont.

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk141/hypxic1/obamadebtcar.jpg

Red
29 May 2009, 02:03pm
But but but Bush Administration etc etc etc

this one is gold

cWt8hTayupE

broncoty
29 May 2009, 02:27pm
haha thats epic!

zero
29 May 2009, 07:03pm
Cool videos.... both of them.

RedOctober
29 May 2009, 08:08pm
sad but true...

America is on a death spiral with its inflated debt. i cant wit to see how bad its going to be in 10 years when I have to pay taxes and social security is through the roof! awh.... cant wait! (sarcasm)

Repeat
1 Jun 2009, 08:58pm
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_9VGZjBQHr0s/SbOqRDbvjwI/AAAAAAAAC6g/LGjP9eyvfh0/s400/urkel.jpg

Jazz
2 Jun 2009, 09:58am
I think YouTube knows something we dont.

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk141/hypxic1/obamadebtcar.jpg

Someone out there really wants Obama to be dead.

MtrxMn
5 Jun 2009, 07:10pm
National Debt is a myth. Dont fall into their trap D:

RedOctober
6 Jun 2009, 03:56pm
National Debt is a myth. Dont fall into their trap D:

what???:eek:

PotshotPolka
6 Jun 2009, 04:05pm
what???:eek:

1+ posting I guess.

Stevee
10 Jun 2009, 01:45pm
I dont live in America so I dont quite understand the politics there atm . .
But I think hes doing a better job the bush :P

Red
10 Jun 2009, 01:59pm

Run far away from this forum section and don't come back.

RedOctober
10 Jun 2009, 02:59pm

common man! do all foreigners think Obama is God's other son?

Drox
10 Jun 2009, 03:04pm

Doing a better job? Where exactly is he doing better at? Maybe at kissing other countries asses but thats about it. :\

Red
10 Jun 2009, 03:07pm
common man! do all foreigners think Obama is God's other son?

No he IS god

SilentGuns
10 Jun 2009, 04:00pm
You know whats the sad part? Obama can't do great job nor can anyone else. Life can't be perfect , everyone can't be happy , this is life , deal with it.

RedOctober
11 Jun 2009, 12:52am
You know whats the sad part? Obama can't do great job nor can anyone else. Life can't be perfect , everyone can't be happy , this is life , deal with it.

I'm not expecting Obama to be perfect..... just fiscally responsible. (although ill admit the pay-as-you-go bill he passed and his medicare reform are on the right track)

heck, Clinton wasn't perfect... so he like playing "hide the hot dog" with his secretary, but at least Bill Clinton left office with a 350 billion federal deficit surplus.

Drox
11 Jun 2009, 01:54am

Like RedOctober said, we dont expect the guy to be Jesus like the democrat's thought he would be, but we do expect a leader of the American people which Obama is doing horrible at. Instead of being the leading light in the world like we usually are he instead bows before foreign leaders and pampers other countries leaders, then make plans to spend even more money then bush did in the next 4-8 years. He then does things without thinking such as closing gato prison in cuba without even planning on where most of the prisoners there will be sent to. Is this your ideal Leader? Sure isnt mine.

RedOctober
11 Jun 2009, 02:39pm
Like RedOctober said, we dont expect the guy to be Jesus like the democrat's thought he would be, but we do expect a leader of the American people which Obama is doing horrible at. Instead of being the leading light in the world like we usually are he instead bows before foreign leaders and pampers other countries leaders, then make plans to spend even more money then bush did in the next 4-8 years. He then does things without thinking such as closing gato prison in cuba without even planning on where most of the prisoners there will be sent to. Is this your ideal Leader? Sure isnt mine.

agreed!

RedOctober
20 Jun 2009, 01:10pm
No he IS god

Your wrong Red. Obama isn't God, he is a super hero!

http://sendables.jibjab.com/originals/hes_barack_obama

c0bra067
20 Jun 2009, 07:05pm
i havent read the previous post.. so this might seem off-topic to the conversation at hand, but this video couldnt be father from the truth.
examples...
1. my mother is a catholic, and conservative on literally every issue. she HATES unions too. who did she vote for? obama. why? because hes a democrat. she has no other reason, and there is no reasoning with her.
2. around election time, a black male was interviewed, and, after being asked who he was going to vote for, was told a list of mccain's stances on different issues. he agreed with all of them. he was an obama supporter.
3. after the news headlines containing multiple issues congress was going to vote on soon with the newly appointed democratic president, abortion came up. a group of african american methodists rallied in washington to protest. im 99.99% sure they all voted for obama because of his skin color.

the reason the country is heading down the shithole is because uneducated or biased people are voting stupidly. my mother is a perfect example. people are so arrogantly viewed on so many issues, they cant wake the fuck up and look around. as far as im concerned, i think im one of only a few people who decided to look at both websites of the candidates before i took a stance. hell, before i did, i liked obama more. this is the real reason women or blacks werent allowed to vote - because the laws were originally set up so only land-owning persons could (white males mostly), because they had a little more at stake than the 18 year old kid living in his parents basement voting for someone because its "the thing to do". christ, i had kids walking around my school wearing obama shirts, yet if you asked them what his estimated health care cost would be (oh wait, the democrats dont have one yet), erm, i mean, his plans on reforming energy, not one could state even one fact. i cant wait until 8 years from now so i can look my mom in the eye and say "told you so"

RedOctober
20 Jun 2009, 10:22pm
i havent read the previous post.. so this might seem off-topic to the conversation at hand, but this video couldnt be father from the truth.
examples...
1. my mother is a catholic, and conservative on literally every issue. she HATES unions too. who did she vote for? obama. why? because hes a democrat. she has no other reason, and there is no reasoning with her.
2. around election time, a black male was interviewed, and, after being asked who he was going to vote for, was told a list of mccain's stances on different issues. he agreed with all of them. he was an obama supporter.
3. after the news headlines containing multiple issues congress was going to vote on soon with the newly appointed democratic president, abortion came up. a group of african american methodists rallied in washington to protest. im 99.99% sure they all voted for obama because of his skin color.

the reason the country is heading down the shithole is because uneducated or biased people are voting stupidly. my mother is a perfect example. people are so arrogantly viewed on so many issues, they cant wake the fuck up and look around. as far as im concerned, i think im one of only a few people who decided to look at both websites of the candidates before i took a stance. hell, before i did, i liked obama more. this is the real reason women or blacks werent allowed to vote - because the laws were originally set up so only land-owning persons could (white males mostly), because they had a little more at stake than the 18 year old kid living in his parents basement voting for someone because its "the thing to do". christ, i had kids walking around my school wearing obama shirts, yet if you asked them what his estimated health care cost would be (oh wait, the democrats dont have one yet), erm, i mean, his plans on reforming energy, not one could state even one fact. i cant wait until 8 years from now so i can look my mom in the eye and say "told you so"

ok dude....

thanks for the little rant. and yes it was off topic.
just to fill you in the video was made as a joke because the people in America think the Obama will fix all our problems. it wasn't meant to be politically correct.

next time u want to make a post take the time out and read the frickin conversation. oh, and i don't know what kind of problems you have with your Mom but get over it!

c0bra067
21 Jun 2009, 11:55am
haha take it easy man, just thought i would get my fill in.
by the way, nice name... good movie.

RedOctober
21 Jun 2009, 02:34pm
haha take it easy man, just thought i would get my fill in.
by the way, nice name... good movie.

sorry dude, i was having one of those days yesterday. i didn't mean to be snappy!

ya, The Hunt for Red October is one of my favorite movies! :)

Slavic
21 Jun 2009, 02:58pm
the reason the country is heading down the shithole is because uneducated or biased people are voting stupidly

The reason why the country is heading down the shithole is because we as Americans, Democrat or Republican, can't be helped with spending within our means. As you have seen with a common fluctuation in the market; millions of Americans who live on credit finally found themselves shit out of luck when the credit dried up and they had no liquid assets.

This can also be applied to the horrendous management of companies such as AIG, GM, etc. Or the political shitpiles of Fannie and Freddie Mac.

I honestly don't think anything significant would of changed if McCain was voted in instead of Obama.

Italian Jew
21 Jun 2009, 04:23pm
I honestly don't think anything significant would of changed if McCain was voted in instead of Obama.

People would be pointing fingers and making nonsensical videos about McCain.

Fox News would be saying positive things while NBC would be criticizing him.

That's about it.

c0bra067
22 Jun 2009, 12:46pm

i think to a point this is true... i doubt the companies you listed such as aig and gm would have received any different treatment (still getting bailed out), which is the root to many a problem...

Nighthawk
23 Jun 2009, 01:55pm
This is how we stop the National Debt:

Decrease Taxes on the wealthy so that they lower prices- meaning more people buy products- meaning more money from taxes, stop HealthCare reform and privatize social security.

Slavic
23 Jun 2009, 03:40pm
This is how we stop the National Debt:

Decrease Taxes on the wealthy so that they lower prices- meaning more people buy products- meaning more money from taxes, stop HealthCare reform and privatize social security.

Most of what I've seen from the wealthy was embezzlements, huge bonuses, assbackwards management, and infantile crying to suck on the government's public money teat. None of each actually contributing to the efficiency of production lines, marketing, and company management. I'm assuming by "wealthy" you are referring to corporate executives, which is what I based my example off of, because not every wealthy person in the US is out there producing goods.

I would rather see more support being given to the small business owners who actually work hand and hand with their employees and products and understand the ideals of a business. These small business owners are also the most at risk in this economy because they do not have large capital to offset losses for years at a time (months if your an American Auto Industry). A troublesome 3 moths will nosedive a small business and all of its workers. I would like to see more laxed taxes on this demographic and if possible a government line of credit.

HealthCare "reform" really has no impact on the current state of our economy simply because we haven't "reformed" it. The money sink that is the HealthCare system is the same one we've had for administrations during this economic crisis.

I'm not to up to date on the social security systems, but I would like to know how the government expects to privatize the entire system while it still can't pay out to its current beneficiaries. I wouldn't mind a choice in a private social security system as long as the money I have invested in the government's magically finds its way into my pocket.

TheTruth
26 Jun 2009, 08:38pm
Hmmm I'm only 14 and I could understand that. :P

I always wondered why when George Bush (in the video "64" mph) was getting yelled at more than Obama (which was like 174)? Hmmmm.......

Italian Jew
26 Jun 2009, 08:43pm
Hmmm I'm only 14 and I could understand that. :P

I always wondered why when George Bush (in the video "64" mph) was getting yelled at more than Obama (which was like 174)? Hmmmm.......

Because it is who is in the highest position that gets the grief. Sure, it went downhill with Bush, but he wasn't the main reason (when there actually wasn't even one main reason at all).

You will see some major griefing at Bush to Obama to whoever after him to whoever after that guy (No, Clinton or Palin will not win) and so on until we can see the light of day out of this mess. The president that is in office when things get better will get the reward of being labeled the one that fixed everything even though it may have been years to decades of work before him. And to think, that guy would probably be on the next denomination of a X-dollar bill.

PotshotPolka
26 Jun 2009, 09:23pm
Because it is who is in the highest position that gets the grief. Sure, it went downhill with Bush, but he wasn't the main reason (when there actually wasn't even one main reason at all).

You will see some major griefing at Bush to Obama to whoever after him to whoever after that guy (No, Clinton or Palin will not win) and so on until we can see the light of day out of this mess. The president that is in office when things get better will get the reward of being labeled the one that fixed everything even though it may have been years to decades of work before him. And to think, that guy would probably be on the next denomination of a X-dollar bill.

Is that why that fucking lunatic Jackson is on the $20?

Drox
26 Jun 2009, 09:28pm

I like Andrew Jackson on the 20 dollar bill lol :P

Italian Jew
26 Jun 2009, 09:33pm

They wanted an ironical note. Jackson hated paper money, but that didn't stop his image from ousting all the other $20 images already in circulation. WU TANG! :biggrin1:

Drox
26 Jun 2009, 09:36pm
They wanted an ironical note. Jackson hated paper money, but that didn't stop his image from ousting all the other $20 images already in circulation. WU TANG! :biggrin1:

lol Im sure someone will bring up how he killed alot of Native Americans aswell, thus why alot of Native American places wont take 20 dollar bills because of his image. I personally think of him almost as one of the forefathers of America but I guess thats just me.

Slavic
27 Jun 2009, 09:34pm
lol Im sure someone will bring up how he killed alot of Native Americans aswell, thus why alot of Native American places wont take 20 dollar bills because of his image.

That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever read.

sheriff
29 Jun 2009, 10:53am

CALIFORNIA IS LIKE A WHOLE DIFFERENT COUNTRY FROM THE REST OF THE USA

AND THEY'RE GONNA BECOME A DIFFERENT COUNTRY FOR REAL WHEN CALI GETS HIT BY THE BIG ONE AND DRIFTS OFF INTO THE PACIFIC

BUNCHA CRAZY HIPPIES OUT THERE MAN

Jazz
29 Jun 2009, 10:57am
Ah, I get the point.

But why doesn't Obama himself understands what he has done?

PotshotPolka
29 Jun 2009, 12:03pm
CALIFORNIA IS LIKE A WHOLE DIFFERENT COUNTRY FROM THE REST OF THE USA

AND THEY'RE GONNA BECOME A DIFFERENT COUNTRY FOR REAL WHEN CALI GETS HIT BY THE BIG ONE AND DRIFTS OFF INTO THE PACIFIC

BUNCHA CRAZY HIPPIES OUT THERE MAN

Your Billy Mays CAPS CRUISE CONTROL need not apply here. And saying that is the same gist as saying the Northeast is nothing but a bunch of goddamn libtards and the South are a bunch of hicks.

Ah, I get the point.

But why doesn't Obama himself understands what he has done?

It's older than Obama. The programs that are generating most of the country's debt have their roots in the 1930s. It's a Catch-22 because we're a mixed economy. Reagan couldn't pull the plug because of how entrenched the Federal Government is in major sectors of the economy. The only option some see as non-suicidal is to keep on building and hope production and ingenuity can outpace deficits, but I personally see it as unlikely.

Jazz
29 Jun 2009, 03:14pm
It's older than Obama. The programs that are generating most of the country's debt have their roots in the 1930s. It's a Catch-22 because we're a mixed economy. Reagan couldn't pull the plug because of how entrenched the Federal Government is in major sectors of the economy. The only option some see as non-suicidal is to keep on building and hope production and ingenuity can outpace deficits, but I personally see it as unlikely.

Yeah, I also hope that the ecomony of America get's stable. It might then help other countries.

Kamakazii101
30 Jun 2009, 02:13pm
That's a nice hands on way of showing that. I they did these things in history class it would definitely make it more interesting lol