PDA

View Full Version : Becoming Supporter

Harbor
28 May 2009, 11:09am
So I was thinking about getting supporter and was super bored in school today and was scrolling through ban list. (school sucks) and i saw this kid who got banned for three days and hes now a supporter. i wont name names i dont want him to get in trouble but i was wondering. So anyone can be a supporter? it seems that way, if you pay your in i dont think people who get banned should get reserved slots..... I was just thinking that before someone becomes a supporter they should have to pass a backround check like a 24 hour period in which admins can check if they have had any player complaints on them and/or bans against them. Not just admins should go through scruteny (or whatever admins go through) before they are admins. Supporters are supposed to be figures in the community below admins but above regulars not a**holes with there moms credit card.

Huwajux
28 May 2009, 01:23pm
Hey, money's money. I don't mean that in a hateful way, but a supporter is not someone people look up to. It is simply someone who is helping to keep the community going through financial means. In return for their money they receive special rights such as a reserved slot and skins. However, I'm sure if there was a serious issue involving a supporter then the higher ups would look it over and come to a conclusion on what to do.

Italian Jew
28 May 2009, 01:48pm
However, I'm sure if there was a serious issue involving a supporter then the higher ups would look it over and come to a conclusion on what to do.

Ask for more money from the supporter.

tank40175
28 May 2009, 01:59pm
Supporter is just a regular donation to SG. Anyone can do it, ban or no. If he ends up getting permed it's up to him to stop $$ flow to the community.

Frostbyte
28 May 2009, 01:59pm
It makes sense for them to get supporter. Theres about a 9:1 chance hes going to apply for admin... ehrm "upgrade". That SHOULD be held against him when he applies, but depending on the ban he recieved and the length of the ban, it can go either way. Granted, hes probably going to get rejected (or is he? I wouldn't know). This is one of those times where you just have to sit back and hope that the system works.

Daze
28 May 2009, 02:05pm
It makes sense for them to get supporter. Theres about a 9:1 chance hes going to apply for admin... ehrm "upgrade". That SHOULD be held against him when he applies, but depending on the ban he recieved and the length of the ban, it can go either way. Granted, hes probably going to get rejected (or is he? I wouldn't know). This is one of those times where you just have to sit back and hope that the system works.

Generally speaking, if the person had been banned, this would lead to a reapply slapped on the application and hopefully said person can prove to the admin community that the are a good person and worthy of such powers. I could count quite a few really good admins who have been banned before, appealed here and stayed here, applied for admin and are still here.

Frostbyte
28 May 2009, 02:14pm
Generally speaking, if the person had been banned, this would lead to a reapply slapped on the application and hopefully said person can prove to the admin community that the are a good person and worthy of such powers. I could count quite a few really good admins who have been banned before, appealed here and stayed here, applied for admin and are still here.

I agree, I wish I had a elaborated a bit more :rant:

PingPong
28 May 2009, 04:17pm
Like huja said, moneys money and its not something thats an honour to have, youir just trying to help out the communtity, if he ever decides to get aminz this will come up. Supporter is something special you get for paying money not something you earn :P

High
28 May 2009, 05:50pm
In some cases(Not naming names, and i know it has happened) we have rejected peoples money too.

Shadowex3
28 May 2009, 10:22pm
^^^ Sometimes people become an supporter, sometimes they're told to go become an hero.

Delirium
29 May 2009, 11:00am
Supporters, ah what can i say.

I think it's foolish to have a supporter that only has 14 posts and has visited the site 4 times in his life. Supporter should be given out to people who acctualy play and post in the community, and yes i know thats what reg's and HG's are for but still we do support the community, hell, we are the community. A more apropriate name for our current supporter class would be "Money Bags" seeing as how most of them have less posts than it takes to become regs.

Supporter is just a way of skipping over the community joining process and going straight to admin. i say we should make it mandatory for supporters to become regulars before getting SUP status, yet they can still donate while getting to the regular status, thats what a real community supporter should do. give to the cause without expecting anything in return, admin is a privilage not a right.

Just throwing in my two cents
~RetaliatioN

Huwajux
29 May 2009, 11:37am
Supporters, ah what can i say.

I think it's foolish to have a supporter that only has 14 posts and has visited the site 4 times in his life. Supporter should be given out to people who acctualy play and post in the community, and yes i know thats what reg's and HG's are for but still we do support the community, hell, we are the community. A more apropriate name for our current supporter class would be "Money Bags" seeing as how most of them have less posts than it takes to become regs.

Supporter is just a way of skipping over the community joining process and going straight to admin. i say we should make it mandatory for supporters to become regulars before getting SUP status, yet they can still donate while getting to the regular status, thats what a real community supporter should do. give to the cause without expecting anything in return, admin is a privilage not a right.

Just throwing in my two cents
~RetaliatioN
Like I've said, supporter does not bring with it respect (although people are grateful for their contribution). It isn't a skipping process to admin either, if a supporter has barely played and has like 3 posts on the forums, then them getting admin is very unlikely. The skins and reserved slot are just there as a little more incentive for people instead of them just forking over cash.

hackerz
30 May 2009, 04:17pm
I became a supporter to help out the community. It needs funds to run. Steam Gamers cannot run without the support from all the people that help each month. Just like the previous posters have said, supports are on the same level as a regular the only difference is the skins and the reserved slots that are nice.

Lefty
30 May 2009, 11:46pm
I would say supporters can join whenever but if there going to apply for admin, make them have a certain post count to see if there willing to help the community by seeing there active both ingame and forums

Dante
31 May 2009, 01:06am
And if they can handle the power...and not go overboard...