PDA

View Full Version : Votekick/Voteban for Jailbreak

Ultima069
27 May 2009, 03:02pm
I seriously believe that we need to have votekicks on Jailbreak for these reasons...

Most Freekills are left unchecked
Admins are on rarely

I Really want this feature on the server because When Ive asked people, they say yes.

DoubleSb
27 May 2009, 03:11pm
I voted yes However, there are some Cons. Like Votekick/voteban abuse, Players usually resort to a vote-ban not a vote-kick, and when players free-kill you, others usually don't care.

Runski
27 May 2009, 03:11pm
I agree, Rarely is there an admin on, and when there is they are online for about 15-30 mins. During the absence of admins there are mulitiple freekillers, and mic-spammers.

Ultima069
27 May 2009, 03:12pm
I dont think people will spam it.

Caution
27 May 2009, 03:28pm
Admins are on rarely

Rarely is there an admin on

100% untrue. Myself and a few of the other "PB admins" are on constantly.

Gumpy
27 May 2009, 03:30pm
I remember when it was on the pb servers, and everyone would gang up on the cts so much so that no ct wanted to give orders. I can see this being abused like a bitch.

Ultima069
27 May 2009, 03:31pm
I disagree a lil gumpy, Most sg's are not complete dicks to spam the votekick.

Caution
27 May 2009, 03:34pm
I dunno...I like it on the servers but I can see it being abused by all the new regtards in the future.

Ultima069
27 May 2009, 03:36pm
Tards, yes. SG's, No

Gumpy
27 May 2009, 03:39pm
Tards, yes. SG's, No

Your far too trusting of this community. 50% of us are retarded and the other 50% are assholes who spend all their time insulting our retarded 50%.

Ultima069
27 May 2009, 03:43pm
:P

Ultima069
27 May 2009, 04:00pm
Wish a Higher Up would see this.

Dante
27 May 2009, 04:16pm
Its pointless to ask about this because they've decided over and over again that they won't put one on. And yes admins are on alot..you just don't know cause we're sneaky shit. And if there are that many rule breakers.....do the obvious and get a Demo and SS of Steam ID. It's just that easy to see where that goes from there.

hackerz
27 May 2009, 04:36pm
I go on JB a lot myself and I do see people that do need to be banned because of breaking the rules. If a votekick/voteban system was put in it would be abused a lot. I have seen it in many places and almost everyone of them are abused. Like the others said there are admins that are there just you do not see them.

SpikedRocker
27 May 2009, 04:48pm
We've had this discussion before. There are little groups of random people that go around and find servers that have this set up and abuse it to "run" the server how they want. As always the best way to deal with rule breakers is to demo it, have admins on your friends list, be on vent, or last resort throw a plea on the chatbox. I've had to deal with this crap before when they start votekicking/banning admins. We could make them immune but then we run into the issue if someone goes rogue its very difficult to stop them from going ban crazy and running amuk on the servers.

You'll have to trust me, we've played this game and its not fun.

Caution
27 May 2009, 09:58pm
Your far too trusting of this community. 50% of us are retarded and the other 50% are assholes who spend all their time insulting our retarded 50%.

LOL QFT

Bad Dog
27 May 2009, 10:22pm
What the fuck would votekick DO anyways?? They would just rejoin in a second. Votekicking is a joke, voteban actually HELPED but some assholes who are now permed had to fuck it for the rest of us. Wewt..

Runski
2 Jun 2009, 01:15pm

Hmm, that makes sense

Robfal
2 Jun 2009, 01:29pm
VK/VB gets aboosed WAYYYY too much in this server... at least back when they had it.

tank40175
2 Jun 2009, 01:40pm
When in game open options, go advanced, tick "enable console". Now when you are playing push "~", type in console "record filename" (whatever you want to name it) Then type in console "stop" when you want it to end. Then post it here on forums...... Magically the rulebreaker gets banned!!!

Votekick/ Voteban has been on our servers. It was abused, and will be agian if put back on. Just take a demo and post it. Works like a charm.

Silentfaith
2 Jun 2009, 01:52pm
We are not going to put Vote Ban or Vote Kick Back on!
People would abuse this, clans would come in and vote ban admins and players. Players who would get accidentally free shot would automatically rage and vote ban the person who accidentally shot him.

sir willis
2 Jun 2009, 02:39pm
this should be on all servers imo

Desum
2 Jun 2009, 03:21pm
Way i see it:

You admin say you're on all the time, but you're not. Don't bullshit us. Don't say you're being "sneaky" when we're free killed constantly and theres no one on.

Yes, we can demo it. But quite honestly I'd rather just solve the problem then and there. This problem is usually encountered late at night, when theres no admins on the server or the forums. It can take hours for a ban request to be processed, and I'd rather not have to exit the game every time to request a ban.

It CAN be abused. But theres ways around... Raise the % required. Its only a 2 hour ban anyways. Not like you get permed. Its better to have it then let free killers on every night.. And, by every night i mean... Every night. Seriously. From about 12 midnight to 7 am EST no matter when you log on there is most likely no admins on, meaning half of the time there are free killers on. I'd take a vote ban hammer or two to the face to get this feature on here... Its an on-the-spot solution to the problem that doesn't require the players to exit the game and wait hours and hours. DON'T say that "Oh, we admins check ban requests ASAP." or something like that. Don't get me wrong, i'm not hating on the admins. But any individual admin cannot be on 24/7, and thus they cannot know if there are admins on 24/7. I usually just gtfo and go join another server when theres a free killer. Its a much easier, less time consuming, care-free solution than having to get the Steam ID, demo it for 5-10 minutes, go to the website, post it, wait 1-4 hours, then finally get back on only to see the servers been emptied because of said free killers.

Silentfaith
2 Jun 2009, 03:52pm
Way i see it:

You admin say you're on all the time, but you're not. Don't bullshit us. Don't say you're being "sneaky" when we're free killed constantly and theres no one on.

Yes, we can demo it. But quite honestly I'd rather just solve the problem then and there. This problem is usually encountered late at night, when theres no admins on the server or the forums. It can take hours for a ban request to be processed, and I'd rather not have to exit the game every time to request a ban.

Not all admins say they are on at all times, and dont say that all admins say that because 1 admin told you that.

Vote ban was abused, it always will be abused, and its not going to be put on, no matter how much you beg, cry, pay its not coming back.

Awacs
2 Jun 2009, 03:59pm
Not all admins say they are on at all times, and dont say that all admins say that because 1 admin told you that.

Vote ban was abused, it always will be abused, and its not going to be put on, no matter how much you beg, cry, pay its not coming back.

Agreed. Put admins on your friends list, and get in vent. Ask and it will usually be taken care of shortly.

CandleJack
2 Jun 2009, 04:18pm
People have been asking for this back for a while, the fact is it was abused in the past by butt hurt players who had been free killed 1-2 times on accident. Also some random guys could come in and take over the server using vote ban. Just add admins to your friend list and call us in if needed

Drox
3 Jun 2009, 01:19am
People have been asking for this back for a while, the fact is it was abused in the past by butt hurt players who had been free killed 1-2 times on accident. Also some random guys could come in and take over the server using vote ban. Just add admins to your friend list and call us in if needed

maybe instead of voteban we should have votekick instead, that way if it is abused the person being abused can just make a player complaint about being kicked for no reason without being banned from the server? Or is votekick not possible?

Silentfaith
3 Jun 2009, 11:39am
maybe instead of voteban we should have votekick instead, that way if it is abused the person being abused can just make a player complaint about being kicked for no reason without being banned from the server? Or is votekick not possible?

I think when we had votekick, it was the same as voteban, its bans you. Its not gonna be added back. It was abused way to much. Just add admins, or log on vent and ask a admin to come it.

Robfal
3 Jun 2009, 12:40pm
I got votebanned once when I was an admin..... It was the worst day of my time in SG. I cried myself to sleep that night. I swore to take revenge but I realized it wasn't worth it. I still get teary eyed when I think about it.

DoubleSb
3 Jun 2009, 01:39pm
I got votebanned once when I was an admin..... It was the worst day of my time in SG. I cried myself to sleep that night. I swore to take revenge but I realized it wasn't worth it. I still get teary eyed when I think about it.

:shocked:

Caution
3 Jun 2009, 01:42pm
You admin say you're on all the time

Who has said this?

There's a difference between "all the time" and "constantly".

CandleJack
3 Jun 2009, 03:03pm

hehe i was one of them

DoubleSb
3 Jun 2009, 07:11pm
hehe i was one of them

Didn't we all try to voteban Highsky once? Then he said stop or I'll ban you all.. lol.

frznsmoke
3 Jun 2009, 07:35pm
well jailbreak is like the only thing i've played so far, but theres always been an admin on when i was there. its not really that bad. but I havnt played much, so.. yeh. :p

Drox
3 Jun 2009, 09:31pm
I think when we had votekick, it was the same as voteban, its bans you. Its not gonna be added back. It was abused way to much. Just add admins, or log on vent and ask a admin to come it.

Pretty useless then to have a difference in name if they both do the same thing which is ban. lol Unless there is just voteban and no such thing as just votekick in CSS.

MtrxMn
5 Jun 2009, 03:02pm
VOTEKICK FTW!!!

PingPong
8 Jun 2009, 07:54am
Votekick/Voteban was removed for a reason, last time we has it, players simply ganguped on people and votebanned em if they didnt listen to them. This has been said MANY fuckin times before and its getting annyoing. Open your consol, type record "player" then get the record and type stop once your done. Take a screenshot of the steamid, ( type status in consol while in game) and post those 2 on the forums and they will get banned. Voteban will definatly not be added due to the fact of assholes and morons who abuse it. If idiotic people didnt use voteban i would gladly vote yes but right now its a no. Votekick i could see getting added but again 100% chance it will be abused. Not that difficult or get a admin to come in a ban the fool whos breaking the rules.

Toxin
8 Jun 2009, 09:53am
Fuck no, it is just a motherfucking pain in the ass to handle and haha you are acting as if most players are mature enough to use it responsibly... why don't we just go around and give admin to every idiot with money? The point is, we don't because players can't handle it and in my opinion, if we re-introduced Voteban/votekick, every idiot who is persuasive enough can get someone banned in a matter of seconds.

Silentfaith
8 Jun 2009, 10:13am
Fuck no, it is just a motherfucking pain in the ass to handle and haha you are acting as if most players are mature enough to use it responsibly... why don't we just go around and give admin to every idiot with money? The point is, we don't because players can't handle it and in my opinion, if we re-introduced Voteban/votekick, every idiot who is persuasive enough can get someone banned in a matter of seconds.

QFT

Flick
8 Jun 2009, 02:35pm
I say yes because most of the time theres an admin on but the only freaking time there not i get free killed and it makes me and the other people it happens to mad and then the noob ct who does it usually either doesnt slay himself or says QQ and get over it while were just getting ownt

Flick
8 Jun 2009, 02:37pm
however every one has there own oppinion and yes some people are to immature to use it hopefully theres a way to get around that

Neji
8 Jun 2009, 02:56pm
I voted for no.

Reason: I have a lot of friends that play PB everyday, They always tell me what is going on on PB. If there is a freekiller they always call me :). Plus I think people will voteban or votekick somebody that they don't like.

What I would say is that Svendy or TCP should make a script that kicks you after you kill 5 people in 30 sec.

Huwajux
8 Jun 2009, 03:02pm
I voted for no.

Reason: I have a lot of friends that play PB everyday, They always tell me what is going on on PB. If there is a freekiller they always call me :). Plus I think people will voteban or votekick somebody that they don't like.

What I would say is that Svendy or TCP should make a script that kicks you after you kill 5 people in 30 sec.
What if 5 Ts rush you and fail?

Awacs
8 Jun 2009, 03:42pm
What if 5 Ts rush you and fail?

The rebellion wins?

Bad Dog
8 Jun 2009, 04:11pm
I wish we could have it back I really do. The fact is though some assholes started some shit up and started getting admins banned. Because they werent banned immedietly for whatever reason this continued and then we got rid of it all together. Thats what I was told at least if Im wrong plz correct me.

Huwajux
8 Jun 2009, 04:39pm
The rebellion wins?
I think you misread me. I was saying what if 5 Ts tried to rush a CT and he sprayed them all down easily (hence the fail), if the script was in place he would get kicked despite being innocent of any freekilling.

Awacs
8 Jun 2009, 05:10pm
I think you misread me. I was saying what if 5 Ts tried to rush a CT and he sprayed them all down easily (hence the fail), if the script was in place he would get kicked despite being innocent of any freekilling.

It was a joke. I understood what you said. :toung:

There is no way to prevent freekilling. Its just a part of PB. Just get an admins on your list and it'll be resolved quickly. Works well enough for me. Problem solved for the (Hopefully) last time.

Gator
8 Jun 2009, 09:52pm
What Awacs said and i voted No because NO MATTER WHAT you always have fucking dumbasses abuse it and fuck it up for the rest.

Obsess'd
9 Jun 2009, 10:46pm
I voted yes, most of yall are admins or have admins friendlisted so you don't know the lawless mayhem that occurs when there are no admins on. But sometimes it gets pretty bad.

And other times admins just don't do anything. Just a couple hours ago an admin "sneakysnake" I believe turned a blind eye to a freekiller despite the entire server notifying him.

On another note: FIRST POST!

coworker
9 Jun 2009, 10:59pm
i hope it come back we have many problems were the admins arnt there. it would be nice at lest to have the kick because people could abuse the ban.

FightingRooster
11 Jun 2009, 03:55pm
No.

If you voted yes, add me to your friends list. If I'm in-game and theres a freekiller, I'll gladly help.

People type votekick wayy to often. A CT tells Ts not to go on left side of pool. A terrorist goes there, so the CT throws a nade. Boom half the Terrorist team is going "FREEKILLER!!!11!!one!!11" and typing votekick.

It would be abused, intentionally and unintentionally.

Forester155
11 Jun 2009, 04:39pm
NO VOTEKICK/BAN :rant: :rant:
there are alot of people who dont give people with voices like mine a chance to prove theyre not totall idiotic little kids who had their mommys play CSS

i used to visit servers W/ votebaning, i couldnt stay in them for more than 5 min! :shocked: a good idea though would be to have some way of making some kind of system so you can be votebanned if you get like 3 kills in one round, or 5 kills in 2. something like that. so all the Ts and rule following CTs can voteban someone if they are freekilling, but if not than no one votes for him/her to be banned. :cool:

sheriff
16 Jun 2009, 11:13am
I say we do a compromise.

given the admins/higher ups are reluctant to have voteban because of people abusing it,

and given the player demand for a way to get rid of freekillers when admins aren't in the server,

I therefore humbly propose we do this:

1. do have votekick.
2. do not have voteban.
3. only allow votekick when an admin is not in the server.
4. people abusing votekick/using it on an admin/using it when an admin is in the server is a bannable offense.

that way, people can kick out freekillers when there is no admin, and if people do abuse it, the result isn't permanent like voteban. and admins can banhammer votekick abusers. and everybody's happy! :)

Mystique
16 Jun 2009, 11:24am
Like said before, it is not coming back because of the abuse before. Do what has been mentioned before. Add some admins to your friends list, go on vent if you need an admin or even chatbox if needed. Or make a demo and a SS of their ID and post a complaint.

sheriff
16 Jun 2009, 11:34am
Or make a demo and a SS of their ID and post a complaint.

do you know how long that takes? it's so much easier to just switch to another server.

and all the admins have to do is ban the votekick abusers and abuse problem solved. I don't get why that's so hard for some people to understand.

there are many times where an admin is not on. sure they are on a lot, but they are also not on a lot. and it's not like we can expect admins to always drop everything and come to the rescue... they have lives too.

but there needs to be a solution to freekilling when there is no admin. tightly controlled votekick is the answer. NOT voteban, as banning is too much power for non-admins to have.

in the meantime rest assured I'll be contacting you admins in steam chat if I see a freekiller.

Mystique
16 Jun 2009, 12:02pm
there are many times where an admin is not on. sure they are on a lot, but they are also not on a lot. and it's not like we can expect admins to always drop everything and come to the rescue... they have lives too.

Have you ever seen the list of admins we have? Its kinda hard to think that of the maybe 80+ admins that we have, there are times that there are no admins on. I am about 99% sure that most of the time their are admins online.

This matter has been discussed many times. And the fact that you find that it takes too long to make a demo and a SS, just shows me that you don't care if they are rule breaking.
There are a lot of players who DO find the time to make a demo and take a SS.. And you don't hear them complain about the time to make it...

sheriff
16 Jun 2009, 12:13pm
Have you ever seen the list of admins we have? Its kinda hard to think that of the maybe 80+ admins that we have, there are times that there are no admins on. I am about 99% sure that most of the time their are admins online.

This matter has been discussed many times. And the fact that you find that it takes too long to make a demo and a SS, just shows me that you don't care if they are rule breaking.
There are a lot of players who DO find the time to make a demo and take a SS.. And you don't hear them complain about the time to make it...

just because they are online doesn't mean they are in the prisonbreak server.

and it's not the time it takes to make a demo/ss that i think takes too long, it's the amount of time it takes for a complaint to get looked at that i think takes too long. it's not anybody's fault, as people can't be looking at the complaints section 24/7. but by the time the complaint is looked at, time the freekiller has long since freekilled many people and left.

and i know the issue has been discussed many times. but that doesn't mean we should stop discussing it. because the way things are right now could be improved. regardless of past abuse, there needs to be a way to get rid of freekillers when there is no admin on the server. I understand that admins don't like being votekicked. all the more reason to make votekick allowed, but tightly controlled. just ban people that abuse it.

the way i see it, there are about 50% of people in favor of full voteban/votekick, and 50% opposed to it. so there should be some sort of compromise.

and just because i think there should be an easier way to stop rulebreakers doesn't mean i "don't care".

Awacs
16 Jun 2009, 07:28pm
Take pride in getting someone banned. Look at me, Beth said I had thirty complaints at least. I take pride in every person I get banned because most don't care. Take your licks on the server, get an admin if you can, and blow their ass out of the water on the forum. That's what makes my day.

Nighthawk
16 Jun 2009, 09:16pm
Yes- the first person I just got banned today was awesome! Knowing justice was served! :)

dr|jake
21 Jun 2009, 06:56pm
I voted yes because usualy many people are on the server and you dont have to worry about votekick abuse