PDA

View Full Version : Sound Problems

Reunion
21 Nov 2007, 07:12pm
well ever since we reinstalld Windows Ive been having problems with sound. It cuts out every few minutes and just crackles, then comes back a few minutes later. I happened to check console when it wasnt working, and I saw this error spamming:

ProcessVoiceData: Voice_AssignChannel failed for client 8

also had one for Client 22, but same thing I figure. Does anyone know what this is?

Zero001
21 Nov 2007, 08:38pm
What soundcard are you using? Or in the case of onboard audio, what chipset?

Go to: Control Pannel>Harware and Sound>Device Manager>Sound, video and game contollers

Is the problem isolated to just the game?

Reunion
21 Nov 2007, 08:58pm
well theres SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio and Creative SB Audigy 2 (WDM), but Im not sure which is what.
I dont think its isolated to the game, but I usually have the game running so Im not sure.

Zero001
21 Nov 2007, 09:34pm
well theres SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio and Creative SB Audigy 2 (WDM), but Im not sure which is what.
I dont think its isolated to the game, but I usually have the game running so Im not sure.

Now we're getting somewhere.

Don't know if you've done this, but I'll act like you haven't.

- Click Here (http://us.creative.com/support/downloads/download2.asp?MainCategory=1&Product=149&dlcentric=9497&Product_Name=Audigy+2&filetype=1&OSName=Windows+XP) and click agree to download the driver.

- Go to: Control Pannel>Harware and Sound>Device Manager>Sound, video and game contollers ; Right click on Creative SB Audigy 2 and hit uninstall

When you're done with the process reset the PC and don't let it self install the hardware when it reboots. Just skip it and load the PC normally.

- Go back to the Driver you downloaded and execute (double-click) the file.
When your done with that reset the PC again.

- Make sure you have your headphones/speakers directly connected to the sound card and not the motherboard or the jacks on the case.

(Everything should be ok by now, but if not let's play with the settings.)

- Go to: Control Pannel>Harware and Sound>Sound
* On playback, make sure Creative SB Audigy 2 is selected
* Same thing for recording
You can also trying changing the configuration.

If this doesn't work, we'll try using the onboard audio.