PDA

View Full Version : Alien Vs. Predator (NOT SUCK!?)

Bad Dog
25 May 2009, 08:00pm
This IS what you've been waiting for. AvP. In first fucking person. Not a RTS. Not a gay ass game. REALY FPS CONTROL OF A PREDATOR...and maybe some colonial marines and aliens. IGN did a report on this, mainly about the Predator. Ill sum it up for you: The predator has 3 revealed weapons so far. His blades, his cannon, and his mines. He has different visions to use, the coolest being Focus mode. This mode tells you about your surroundings and prey. If theres a landing spot, it tells you if it'll make a loud noise or not. There are also heat thermal modes, normal mode (duh) and ALien mode which highlights Aliens in the Jungle (Yes. Jungle. Fuck Yea.) There will be a 4th weapon also, its assumed to be the Boomerang Blade. More will be show soon hopefully about the humans and its not sure what they'll do for aliens. Multiplayer is also a mystery. Here is the article itself.
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/986/986263p1.html

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Heres a concern, i really hope they dont fuck this up ike all other games of this topic. I think they can pull this off as Rebellion is a great company and theyre games are usually enjoyable. Also from in-game pics you can tell this game will be beutiful.

VirDeBello
26 May 2009, 02:38pm
AVP isn't fucking suck at all and AVP2 was fun too. AVP is my favorite FPS and is held in high regard by many other gamers that have been around to play the AVP series. AVP3 will be extremely kick ass game but wont come out until 2010 holidays the earliest. The only species that we have seen gameplay of is the Predator and can't wait to see the Aliens and Marines. Anyone play AVP2 MP? No one and I mean no one can beat me when I am the heavy predator. And in melee? Forget about it, wont stand a chance. :love:

From what I saw in the trailer and preview in OXM, it seems they are going back to the AVP orignal for the PC. The biggest thing they are going for is the pleasure and sheer excitement of playing the Predator and Aliens. Making you feel like the Predator and Aliens from the movies, just slaughtering humans. I never played AVP MP but played alotta AVP2 SP and MP. And were fun and exciting. AVP2 MP was fun but you died quickly unless you were playing a different mode then TDM or DM. If you saw the enemy first, most likely they were dead unless you sucked and same thing if they saw you first. But mode I loved was the Surivor mode, basically you survive for a set amount of time. The most common species played were the humans and survivors and Aliens as attackers. The common time was from 12:00 to 20:00, you would start off in a FFA mode and whoever is killed would be the starting Alien. There were many different Aliens you could spawn as, Predalien, Runner, Drone, Praetorian and if you achieve enough kills without dying then you evolve into a queen which kills everything. Most humans would camp in a tunnel underground or basement with one way in or out. You could try to get heavy weapons or ammo and these camping spots lacked ammo or weapons. But the Aliens usually waited by the minigun or ammo crates. And when the Alien killed a human, the human that died would spawn as an Alien. It was alotta fun and I hope they bring back that kinda mode back. It was highly popular and almost as more popular as regular TDM or DM.

Red
26 May 2009, 02:44pm
AVP and AVP2 were fun as fuck.

I REALLY liked AVP1's coop against alien bots that just kept spawning. That was the most fun.

Bad Dog
26 May 2009, 03:43pm
Im not sayin they werent good..I was mainly talking aboout those shit console RTS games they made

ninjaz1337
27 May 2009, 12:32am
mmmm...this looks interesting (I loved AVP 1 and 2), but still WAITING ON MW2.

Italian Jew
27 May 2009, 12:44am
Rebellion made the first AvP game for the PC, so at least it will be decent. The second game had a better single player mode, but the alien models were just sorta fugly in some aspects compared to the first game.

I still have AvP Gold, but haven't played multiplayer because it pretty much died once it got to Gamespy. I think maybe 10 people were playing it when I quit. Once in a while a random person would jump in queefing around with sniper munch all the time : ( Co-Op was definitely fun and I can imagine they would improve upon it for the upcoming game. The only bad thing was that Co-Op was way too damn easy and nobody played it unless you were a noob to the game (thus my hope for improvements and actual goals for some sort of Co-Op).

Sega was also on and off about a squad based Alien game with just the Colonial Marines vs. the aliens after the events of the second movie, but things just haven't been happening well for that development. I'd be interested in that as well if they ever get anywhere with it.

Suri
27 May 2009, 06:36am
Im not sayin they werent good..I was mainly talking aboout those shit console RTS games they made

I don't even recall a RTS game. But I loved AVP! Being the Alien and being able to walk all over the walls. Man have not played those games in a long time.

Itch
27 May 2009, 08:33am
Played the hell out of both AvP and AvP2 Loved survival mode.

"Frag your neighbors!"

Bad Dog
28 May 2009, 06:45pm
I don't even recall a RTS game. But I loved AVP! Being the Alien and being able to walk all over the walls. Man have not played those games in a long time.

it was console only, last gen consoles, sucked reaaal ass