PDA

View Full Version : TeamFortress2 Update Review

Ulrich
24 May 2009, 08:23pm
This isn't so much a game review as it is a content.

I was wondering what some of the comunities thoughts are about the newest update to TF2regarding the new achievements, the new sniper/spy items, the new Meet The Spy video, and the new way of finding weapons in the game.

Personally, I think the new items are extrodanary. I've not yet gotten one, but from the update news and other players reviews of the items, they sound awesome. I especially want the Huntsman, the bow for the Sniper.

As for finding the new weapons, I personally think they completly killed the whole point of the achievements and the weapons being linked (:rip: good idea). The new concept of littaraly finding the guns is just pure bull shit. Not to mention the facts that: 1) You can find duplicates (which i think will be interesting with the hopefully-not-screwed-up weapon trading that's supposed to come out). 2) As stated before, it KILLED the point of achievements in this game. 3) They made it this way to stop achievement farmers, yet the ammount of achievement servers has increased nearly 20 fold due to the update (seriously, go in-game, filter it down to maps with the word "achieve" in them. Much bigger list than before. Way to go, Valve.)

Personally, I think they killed half the point of the game and achievements.

Finally, I would like to bring up one last point. They are starting to turn this into an MMORPG in my oppinon. They say on the tf2 webpage, and I'll quote:

When we were tuning this system we first looked at the average amount of time that players spend playing TF2 daily. From there, we set the goal of most players having around 20 items in their inventory after a couple of weeks of play. If you're someone who plays a lot of TF2, you're going to get items a lot faster than that.

If you're someone who plays a lot of TF2, you're going to get items a lot faster than that. It sounds as if its a MMORPG in the sense that some one who plays more will have an advantage over others because they have a winder choice of weapons, most of which are stronger, than your average player. However, due to the new update, they don't earn them, they just "find" them.

Anyway, I'm gonna wrap up here since I'm starting to rant. :rant: Post away with your views on any aspect of this new update.

P.S. If you are interested in reading the above quotes and the rest of the update article, go here (http://www.tf2.com/) for the full article.

Dracula
24 May 2009, 08:57pm
Ive got both the spy watches and the huntsmen. I got all these in about 3total hours of gameplay [I also got a bunch of the older ones]. While my freind got 0 of anything, this is how it seems to work its all just "luck". Its annoying yet awsome cause it loves to give em to me.

As for the items, both the watches help depending on map and the huntsmen is just pure rape I will now actually play sniper and get kills :D.

BOOWY
24 May 2009, 09:11pm
Yeah, I've been getting everything but the new Spy/Sniper stuff. I like the new system, I just wish it were less random. It's better than being able to buck the system by joining an achievement server and getting it done that way like the old class updates.

Being able to find weapons by sitting in spectator mode or while dead is absolutely moronic.

James
25 May 2009, 05:22am
http://i675.photobucket.com/albums/vv111/ragemore1/greatjobvalve.jpg

Oh, how quickly people exploit the new system...

Astrum
25 May 2009, 05:33am
Grind bitches, grind!

Dracula
25 May 2009, 06:56am
http://i675.photobucket.com/albums/vv111/ragemore1/greatjobvalve.jpg

Oh, how quickly people exploit the new system...

:sad2::sad2::sad2:

Trogdor
25 May 2009, 07:59am
I have the Huntsman, Boxing Gloves, Force-A-Nature, Bonk! Atomic Punch, Dead Ringer, and a duplicate of the dead ringer.

Anyways, I'm okay with the duplicates because yes, like you said, a trading system is coming out. I think the way that you have to find them is bs, only because it's based on how long you play. You should have to work towards a weapon. AND, I dont really care about achievements.

I only really want the Pyro equipment WITH, the beanie.

GrayFox
25 May 2009, 08:26am
I have gotten none of the new weapons, and 3 old weapons with this new system. However, if it was the old way, I'd already have the spy weapons from the work I've done. This new system is awful, and I honestly don't see how it helps out with the idea that people cheated to get them. If you can get unlimited, and then trade them to other people. isn't that the same thing?

LVG
25 May 2009, 02:11pm
Why the new system fails the last 7 items have been flare guns then dead ringers..

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/LVG/ss/failitems.jpg didnt have an item for 5 hours get another stupid dead ringer.

b0red
25 May 2009, 02:40pm
the new system is wack, i got the new spy pistol and nothing else, not squat!!!!!! TRADE SYSTEM COME OUT SO I CAN TRADE FOR THE SPY STUFF!!!!! AHHHH!!!!!

Trogdor
25 May 2009, 03:06pm
Why the new system fails the last 7 items have been flare guns then dead ringers..

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/LVG/ss/failitems.jpg didnt have an item for 5 hours get another stupid dead ringer.

Someone be idling? Pretty good stuff. I can't seem to get Jarate.

Harbor
25 May 2009, 03:15pm
Well i seem to be blessed i have both spy watches alll sniper weapons. But i ideled for some. I guess its all based on play time. And when the trading comes out youll be happy you have thoose dead ringers.

LVG
25 May 2009, 06:47pm
Someone be idling? Pretty good stuff. I can't seem to get Jarate.

I got the Huntsman, 1 ambassador and 1 cloak and dagger from idling the rest are from actually playing and heres the new picture from tonights game..

Edit just got another ambassador 4 of them now ffs, 13 slots in invent left to fill up with more shit..

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/LVG/ss/failitems2.jpg

Trogdor
25 May 2009, 07:13pm
I got the Huntsman, 1 ambassador and 1 cloak and dagger from idling the rest are from actually playing and heres the new picture from tonights game..

Edit just got another ambassador 4 of them now ffs, 13 slots in invent left to fill up with more shit..

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/LVG/ss/failitems2.jpg

Dang, you've got a lot of stuff then. Wish you could send some Ambassadors my way, lol.

I also see you dont have any hats yet (I only know 1 person that does). I'm assuming they are extremely rare?

zapper
25 May 2009, 08:19pm
DUDE THE NEW SPY PISTOL SUX!!
AND I HERD THAT THIS WEEKEND THERES GOING TO BE ANOTHER UPDATE I THINK WHERE YOU CAN TRADE WEAPONS WITH SOMEONE

Trogdor
25 May 2009, 09:14pm
AND I HERD THAT THIS WEEKEND THERES GOING TO BE ANOTHER UPDATE I THINK WHERE YOU CAN TRADE WEAPONS WITH SOMEONE

No. The ambassador is good. Learn to aim?
Anyways, yes, there's supposed to be an update for trading but I didn'tt know it was this weekend. That'd be amazing if it was.

LVG
26 May 2009, 02:48am
No. The ambassador is good. Learn to aim?
Anyways, yes, there's supposed to be an update for trading but I didn'tt know it was this weekend. That'd be amazing if it was.

No the ambassador does not actually do what it is supposed to do yet, no damage to engi buildings and i think the head shots are less damage than the normal revolver cause valve fucked it up.

Also another Axetinguishers and another pair of KGB

Tcp-Kill
26 May 2009, 03:32am
Lol, i think the update tried to kill the achievement servers, but sort of did.

My back, no i don't want any more fucking bluatsaugers.

b0red
26 May 2009, 04:56am
i actually saw someone with a hat for the medic, maybe valve released a few, but ya prolly very very rare

Trogdor
26 May 2009, 05:16am

My apologies then. It's just, I have a friend who ONLY plays spy and he's a beast with it, usually in the top 2 on his team. Not as good with the norm. revolver but whatever.

Tcp-Kill
26 May 2009, 05:54am
It actually says in the game code to get a hat you have a 0.001 chance of getting it LOL.

Harbor
26 May 2009, 06:04am
It actually says in the game code to get a hat you have a 0.001 chance of getting it LOL.

i played last night with a kid who had 7 of them no lie he showed them all to me!

i just need the spy pistol and my collection is complete

(P.S i found a sweet idle server that dosent crash and is password protected if anyone wants password pm me!)

Vince
26 May 2009, 06:56am
I was ideling last night... I got disconnected and only got a cloak and dagger.

zapper
26 May 2009, 07:22am
well theres is a problem,see some people are getting these items very very fast and some play for hours and sometimes even go afk overnight and they dont get anything,i have a friend who has that problem and he is getting pist.And no he didnt get disconnected

Tcp-Kill
26 May 2009, 07:30am
TF2 is an MMO!

http://steamgamers.org/downloads/misc/images/TF2MMO.jpg

Trogdor
26 May 2009, 08:06am
Demoman hat sounds awesome (afro?). I just wish they would put stats on them - making this game more like an MMO with every idea

Harbor
26 May 2009, 11:05am
soon you can level up your guns rofl!

Hopefully my idleing rite now is gaining me hats i want hats!!!!

And i think we should get a tf2 server when KF dies down because who dosent love tf2??

Dracula
26 May 2009, 12:49pm
Well, we have quests, items, inventorys, soon to come tradeing system... all we need is a daily.

b0red
26 May 2009, 03:17pm
ya the trade system has to come out soon or i am going to get pissed, so im pretty much gonna idle till i get the spy stuff. they need to tell us a DATE or i am gonna freak!!!!

Ulrich
26 May 2009, 07:47pm
http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/7444/tf2backpackc.gif

I foundz me a shoop da whoop!!!

Also, yes. We will be able to upgrade weapons. Why do you think it shows things like:

Steam Said:

Huntsman
Level 10 bow ?

The only problem, we will have to collect magical crystals from the wreckage of engineers buildings, take them to a black smith, pay him 500 gold, bring him a magical tablet, and then do a dance, just to get it 10% exp.

Tcp-Kill
27 May 2009, 04:14am
LFG 2FORTMINES

Harbor
27 May 2009, 06:07am
lol i got the ambassador last night so i have all the new weapons ^^

WTS DEADRINGER 5k gold or BO