PDA

View Full Version : Just saw Terminator

Silentfaith
21 May 2009, 12:12am
I'm going to be honest. I'll only give it a 3/5. It has nothing on Star Trek.
I'm not saying the movie was bad, it had amazing effects and stuff of that nature.

Alot of things didn't make sense comparing it to the previous terminator movies.(Im not going to go into details, other wise that will spoil the movie!)

I would still see it, but be warned, if your a fan of the original terminators, alot won't make sense.

Star Trek was by far a better movie in every aspect.

Once you guys see it, I will post more stuff as to why ^-^

Italian Jew
21 May 2009, 12:13am
At least tell me it was better than the 3rd one.

Also, it won't make sense because after every Terminator movie, the timeline changes. Since the events of T1, Judgment day moved to an earlier date. After T2, the enhanced timeline was slowed and Judgment Day wouldn't happen until the 2000's. The SkyNet system in T3 is not the same system mentioned in T1 as it was further develpoed and enhanced by the military and not just CyberDyne, thus making more dangerous (at least making it become sentient earlier than the T1 version).

Because of the events of T1, the future shown in that would not occur because so many things were changed, but similar futures were the result throughout the franchise. In Salvation, the events that happen are earlier than they occurred in T1 because of previously stated reasons and shouldn't completely flow with what was told in the earlier movies.

Long story short, the time travel fucked everything up.

Silentfaith
21 May 2009, 12:14am
Im gonna go to sleep now, was it better then the third movie? Yeah, it was better. But not by much(story wise), graphic wise it blew away 3.

I don't want to say to much may ruin it ^-^

Hiphopopotomus
21 May 2009, 03:35pm
Basically, you learned everything you knew already again, basically it explains a few of the things from the earlier movies, but the movie took you no where, the actions was nice, but over-all not the best movie. I'd still see it.

Silentfaith
21 May 2009, 03:38pm
Basically, you learned everything you knew already again, basically it explains a few of the things from the earlier movies, but the movie took you no where, the actions was nice, but over-all not the best movie. I'd still see it.

Have you ever watched all of the Terminators? When I get home, me and you need to talk. The story line did not make sense with what happend in Terminator 1-2. Alot of things did not fit in the way it was supposed it, and alot of contridictions occured.

I shall explain when i get home ^-^, it was not bad. BUT IT HAS NOTHING ON STAR TREK

GO MAGIC! Lol

Hiphopopotomus
21 May 2009, 03:42pm
The movie actually made sense to me and my dad, I don't know what movies you were watching but this tied up a lot of loose ends, but 90% of the movie was pointless.

Red
21 May 2009, 03:46pm
The movie actually made sense to me and my dad, I don't know what movies you were watching but this tied up a lot of loose ends, but 90% of the movie was pointless.

Good to see one good review. Gives me hope.

GrayFox
21 May 2009, 04:05pm
Without giving away any other movies, is this a movie I can see stand-alone or should I check up on the other movies first?

Italian Jew
21 May 2009, 05:37pm
Without giving away any other movies, is this a movie I can see stand-alone or should I check up on the other movies first?

Watch the other movies as it may make you appreciate the plot better. Besides, the other movies a much better, except for the 3rd one.

Silentfaith
21 May 2009, 05:43pm

Log on vent, i wont post them, because i will ruin movie

Jaffa
21 May 2009, 06:08pm
I'm just gonna go into it treating terminator 1 and 2 as a seperate movie chain, like i did for 3. Did the same for the two Matrix sequels

Silentfaith
22 May 2009, 03:40pm
I'm just gonna go into it treating terminator 1 and 2 as a seperate movie chain, like i did for 3. Did the same for the two Matrix sequels

I can't do that ^-^, im to judgemental

Bubbles
22 May 2009, 08:40pm
the movie was great, there are only a few changes i would make, the movie was about Marcus, the man made into a machine trying to prove he's human (after he is shown he's not) then Kyle Reese (Connors father) as a teenager surviving with another kid alone in LA, the machines are hunting for Kyle considering him an easier target than Connor.

anymore of the story and ill be spoiling it
9/10

Italian Jew
22 May 2009, 09:03pm
the movie was great, there are only a few changes i would make, the movie was about Marcus, the man made into a machine trying to prove he's human (after he is shown he's not) then Kyle Reese (Connors father) as a teenager surviving with another kid alone in LA, the machines are hunting for Kyle considering him an easier target than Connor.

anymore of the story and ill be spoiling it
9/10

I thought the script sucked, although is was nice to see how Kyle learned certain things he did in the first movie and other various things throughout the movie with other characters, but a movie relying on gimmicks like that isn't that great.

It wasn't nearly as good as the first two movies. The acting was decent/mediocre to good for most people (Yelchin was great as a young Kyle Reese, but the mediocrity could be because of the script.

The movie could have been much better, but McG did something that made it fall much shorter than what it could've been. I wouldn't say it was as much a disappoint as Woverine was, but it is nowhere near Star Trek. If you are a fan of the Terminator series, it is worth the ticket price if you are willing to forgive some minor, but frequent problems.

andre1028
22 May 2009, 09:06pm
I'm a semi-fan of the Terminator series so I'll probably spend my time and watch it later on. I personally thought the second Terminator was the best out of the three. I'll have to see how this goes.

"hasta la vista, baby."

Ganzta
23 May 2009, 07:25pm
just saw it; the movie was ... decent
I'm gonna be literal in my critique.
I thought it would be more of a "HOLY SHIT" kind of movie, but Terminator was more like the kind where you go "eh... pretty cool" in the end.
I'd give it a 7/10.
I'm still waiting for Transformers 2, which I hope is gonna be a "D' AAAAMMMMMMNNNN" kind of movie.

Dante
23 May 2009, 07:41pm
just saw it; the movie was ... decent
I'm gonna be literal in my critique.
I thought it would be more of a "HOLY SHIT" kind of movie, but Terminator was more like the kind where you go "eh... pretty cool" in the end.
I'd give it a 7/10.
I'm still waiting for Transformers 2, which I hope is gonna be a "D' AAAAMMMMMMNNNN" kind of movie.

That's what i say and ppl are like sheessh Transformers 2 is gonna blow......bastards! :rant:

Italian Jew
23 May 2009, 07:56pm
That's what i say and ppl are like sheessh Transformers 2 is gonna blow......bastards! :rant:

All Transformers is about is Megan Fox's ass, as was blatantly put pn display in the trailer.

Ganzta
23 May 2009, 08:08pm
All Transformers is about is Megan Fox's ass, as was blatantly put pn display in the trailer.

Well then, that is one fine ass.

Italian Jew
23 May 2009, 08:39pm
Well then, that is one fine ass.

I'd pay to see it on the big screen. Smart marketing by the production company. It appeals to nerds on so many levels.

Dante
23 May 2009, 11:30pm
Hey Megan Fox is fucking Hawt the sooner you realize this the sooner you get mah respect ^.^

SoulKeeper
24 May 2009, 12:40am
I was never much of a fan of terminator...

Is it good enough to watch?

Hiphopopotomus
24 May 2009, 07:48am
Yeah, i mean it's entertaining but just don't go expecting much.

Silentfaith
24 May 2009, 10:09am
Go see Star Trek instead

roach coach
28 May 2009, 01:17pm
I saw Star Trek, and it was great even though I only liked TNG as a kid. I loved the Terminator series as a kid, it and Jurassic Park were the first movies I watched. Terminator was a shaky but good intro to the new setting of the post-Judgement Day world, as well as the concept of the accelerated timeline due to sending humans and Terminators back in time.

I loved the A-10s blowing stuff up, as well as the clunky, lower-tech T-600s which sounded more worn-down and primitive compared to the T-800. I'd love to see where the franchise will end up, but I hope they will keep it from turning into a kiddie franchise like they tried doing with Star Wars Episode 1.

MtrxMn
6 Jun 2009, 02:23pm
I thought it was definately better then T3 was. I agree the movie didnt take us far, the only big difference is the command was blown up.

King Puzzy Fuzz
18 Jun 2009, 11:37am
Good movie I thought, it explains most things from the first 3 films, and I like how they put Arnold Swarz in at the end :P

Suri
18 Jun 2009, 11:47am
Good movie I thought, it explains most things from the first 3 films, and I like how they put Arnold Swarz in at the end :P

Why to give something major away.

Red
18 Jun 2009, 12:06pm
Shit, is he kidding?

I still haven't seen it.

Spliff
19 Jun 2009, 09:49am
Shit, is he kidding?

I still haven't seen it.

The movie is awesome you really got to get to it :).

Bodybag
19 Jun 2009, 10:15am
I think i might put a counter on this thread to see how many times he talks about star trek.. it is a terminator thread and he is going on about seeing star trek.

But anyway.. i might see this one i haven't seen many of the terminators but the second one was my favorite so far. From what im hearing though it doesn't sound too good on because a movie with a lot of action.