PDA

View Full Version : Team Fortress 2 reset

Snowman694
20 May 2009, 06:20pm
Does anyone know how to reset all of your achievements, guns, and stats in team fortress 2?

Modgers1
20 May 2009, 06:26pm
I'm pretty sure they're tied to your STEAM account. I don't think it's possible to go back. :ohwell:

-Modgers

Snowman694
20 May 2009, 06:27pm
There is nothing i can do. Like find a folder in tf2 and deleting it...anything?

Modgers1
20 May 2009, 06:29pm
There's a folder or file, I can't remember which in the TF2 folder called stats, but it has no effect on your achievements. That's all I was able to figure out.

-Modgers

Snowman694
20 May 2009, 06:33pm
Then why does Valve being as smart as they are not give the person the chance to restart over? If anything it would make them wanna keep playing.

Modgers1
20 May 2009, 06:35pm
Tell that to Microsoft and Xbox LIVE with their achievement system.

-Modgers

PuMa
21 May 2009, 02:07am
i don't even think it's possible,
maybe but, i never will find out

good luck

Harbor
21 May 2009, 06:12am
you can go into options and clear all stats you cant slear achievements but your stats can be cleared if you contact steam maybe theyll clear yours

GrayFox
21 May 2009, 06:44am
Theres a thing called TF2 stats in the TF2 folder, you could try deleting that.

Snowman694
21 May 2009, 03:17pm
Well according to an email I sent to steam powered, this is what they say:

"Hello,

Thank you for contacting Steam Support.

We are aware there are some bugs currently in the Stats/Achievements System. We are working hard on fixing these
for our users. We thank you for your patience in the matter.

Sometimes stats/achievements may not be reported correctly in Steam due to connection issues during play or our servers
being down for maintenance. I'm sorry for the inconvenience."

So does this mean I'm gonna have to wait for another update because it sounds like it won't come out in the Spy and Sniper update. This is confusing because you think something like this might be higher on their "Need to Do List", but what do I know, I've supported them for 8+ years.

Cant touch this!!!!
21 May 2009, 04:14pm
Lol come on a server with noone on it and do achivements :P lol

Bad Dog
21 May 2009, 05:16pm
Lol come on a server with noone on it and do achivements :P lol

not even close to what their talking about and also how are you going to get achievements if no one there to kill, which is basically how you get ALL achievements. Nice fail tho.

Psyche
22 May 2009, 04:59pm
go to Class Loadout/options go to the stats tab and click reset stats.