PDA

View Full Version : Prison break servers

ReGIONALS
20 May 2009, 05:01pm
Instead of having 1 large server why not have 3 smaller like maybe 20 slot servers that way the admins can control rowdy players and there are not 50 million people talking at the same time.
Prison break servers are our most popular as they are full more than half the time and would probably encourage more people to join SG.

'BEANIE
20 May 2009, 05:02pm
We don't need anymore drama by adding more PB servers, imo. Enough rule breakers in one.

Leon
20 May 2009, 05:05pm
Twice the idoits in the servers by breaking rules ... NO!

>:]

Bad Dog
20 May 2009, 05:07pm
Prison Breaks our are most popular servers..Really? Then why is it we only have 1 PB server compared to our 2 ZOmbie Escape style servers that are awlays full in the 30-40 person range. They arent our most popular and recently they suck that to rule breaking assholes and stupid little kids that wont STFU. SO they are certainly NOT our most popular servers, i'd have to say our zombie servers are the most popular since theyre always full/populated and thats what the community was founded on.

ReGIONALS
20 May 2009, 05:09pm
they are the msot popular servers and with less slots admins can control rule breakers so much easier than before

Bad Dog
20 May 2009, 05:13pm
they are the msot popular servers and with less slots admins can control rule breakers so much easier than before

not really, first off you need admins actually IN THERE when ppl break rules. Plent of admins are on now its when the admins are off at like 11:00 at night or somthing that the assholes come out. Secondly, and again, it is not the most popular servers we only have one Prison Break server...if you want to fund 3 "smaller" slotted servers for prison break then go ahead cuz i dont think anyone else will

zapper
20 May 2009, 05:13pm
not another prison break server
i think we are just fine with the one we have.
and it have just 24 players slot,its ok

Hiphopopotomus
20 May 2009, 05:14pm
Prison Break isn't the most popular server, and we did at one point have 2 prison break servers, but as you would have guessed, it failed, an admin would be on one server while the troublemakers were on the other doing what they do best, be douche bags, obviously, the plan didn't work the first time so why would it work now?

ReGIONALS
20 May 2009, 05:14pm
Iit is the most popular its been full constantly!!

Hiphopopotomus
20 May 2009, 05:25pm
Iit is the most popular its been full constantly!!

Just because a server is full constantly does not mean that the server is the most popular, Prison Break lacks a lot, and one thing it lacks is a solid rule structure, the rules change all the time and tend to lead to problems later, but all the other servers do have a solid rule structure so people enjoy them more, If I am not mistaken, I believe the Minigames server is the most popular.

Bad Dog
20 May 2009, 05:30pm
Just because a server is full constantly does not mean that the server is the most popular, Prison Break lacks a lot, and one thing it lacks is a solid rule structure, the rules change all the time and tend to lead to problems later, but all the other servers do have a solid rule structure so people enjoy them more, If I am not mistaken, I believe the Minigames server is the most popular.

Minigames or Zombie Escape. Either or could be said that but deff not PB becuz like u said its lack of structure

Modgers1
20 May 2009, 05:32pm
This won't happen. We got rid of the second one because it wasn't popular enough, and there was more support for Napalm and Minigames. Like HipHop said, just because it's full constantly when you're on, doesn't mean it's the most popular. If anything, we should be requesting either a second minigames, or even Escape 2 back.

Also, I find PB a TERRIBLE way to try and recruit people into [SG]. All it does is get them riled up to go off and start using a banhammer on the server. Next to Escape, it's probably the worst admin-recruiting tool we have.

-Modgers

ReGIONALS
20 May 2009, 05:35pm
This won't happen. We got rid of the second one because it wasn't popular enough, and there was more support for Napalm and Minigames. Like HipHop said, just because it's full constantly when you're on, doesn't mean it's the most popular. If anything, we should be requesting either a second minigames, or even Escape 2 back.

Also, I find PB a TERRIBLE way to try and recruit people into [SG]. All it does is get them riled up to go off and start using a banhammer on the server. Next to Escape, it's probably the worst admin-recruiting tool we have.

-Modgers

see a reply like this where someone isnt being a dick is so much better than
"fuck you why would we make another fucking server" - bad dogs first reply before he edited

Dante
21 May 2009, 06:20am

-Modgers

Hey i got recruited off of Uprising. And i'm not banhammer excitable.....But

:focus:

Yeah they got rid of it because the lack of ppl. And i personally find like previously stated that Minigames (usually on iin morings/lunch) is pretty popular as same with Zombie. They constantly have ppl in those servers. And i quite enjoy them, but i also enjoy a few pb moments.

Jaffa
21 May 2009, 10:18am

-Modgers

Escape!?!?!?! A lot of our admins are ex-escape players, including me. I'd say we have more admins at SG who came from Escape than any other server

Check this: http://www.steamgamers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16059 (admin section link i'm afraid for non-admins)

Dante
21 May 2009, 11:26am
See PB, Escape, and Napalm are the ones that recruited everyone

ReGIONALS
21 May 2009, 11:44am
what got me was the DR server but then it got kinda boring and i played PB and loved it i played it constantly its what really got me into SG. if possible there should be an actual prison break mod for css.
you know like the zombie panic mod and stuff.
it would have all the features needed to control a prison break game w/o changing server settings.

Dante
22 May 2009, 11:24am
that would be nice but it'd take awhile to create that

Bad Dog
22 May 2009, 02:49pm
this post lost topic really fast..

Dante
22 May 2009, 04:26pm
:D

Lefty
22 May 2009, 08:13pm
Hey i got recruited off of Uprising. And i'm not banhammer excitable.....But

:focus:

Yeah they got rid of it because the lack of ppl. And i personally find like previously stated that Minigames (usually on iin morings/lunch) is pretty popular as same with Zombie. They constantly have ppl in those servers. And i quite enjoy them, but i also enjoy a few pb moments.

Yes i got recruited off of Uprising/Munity
No to adding more servers, the first time it failed so no point in trying

Awacs
24 May 2009, 11:15pm
I first came to SG playing Minigames with one of my fellow clan members, and was hooked instantly. Ever since I found out PB existed, I've been hooked on that. Its ALWAYS a constant challenge, (rule breakers included. They make me lol at times.)

Back on topic, 2 PB servers are a bad idea. Recently there have been problems administrating them at later hours and non-peak times.

To admins that usually patrol PB, Look @ the player scores and the time played. Alot of kills in 10 minutes is usually a red flag for me.

CandleJack
24 May 2009, 11:21pm
We don't need anymore drama by adding more PB servers, imo. Enough rule breakers in one.
^ this

ninjaz1337
26 May 2009, 11:31pm
What I hate is that when you try to start a votekick for freekilling, NOBODY FREAKING VOTES YES. It's like they don't care the person freekills unlesss they get freekilled themselves.

Awacs
26 May 2009, 11:42pm
Votekick or voteban isn't enabled if I remember correctly.......

Bad Dog
27 May 2009, 04:54pm
Alot of kills in 10 minutes is usually a red flag for me.

Or maybe it means that guy rapes face. Like me. =D

Jaffa
28 May 2009, 02:36am
There hasn't been votekick on the server for months

Marine Corp(No sound)
28 May 2009, 02:50am
WRONG if the server with the most people all the time

Bad Dog
28 May 2009, 06:19am

wtf does that have to do with ANYTHING on this thread..

Harbor
28 May 2009, 06:19am

*facepalm* read the pages before hand before making a dumb qoute please...
^sorry no fancy pictures...