PDA

View Full Version : Retired

Suri
19 May 2009, 06:38pm
Well it’s been a good ride. I really do love this place and this is why this was such a hard decision for me to make. Some of you may be sad and some of you maybe happy.

But as of tonight I am retiring from my roll as a BD here at SG. It is not fair to the community for me to stay in a position I no longer have time to do. There is a lot going on in my life. I have a family that I need to spend more time with. I have two full time jobs that I need to pay more attention to. Most of my work day at work I was spending 4 hours a day on the forums doing SG stuff, and that's when i knew I needed to step back. These are the things that made me make the hard choice. I really did not want to step down because I enjoy the time I spend here, but like I said it would not be fair to the community. You need to have a team of BD’s that can really be here 100%

I would like to thank every one here at SG for befriending me when I first got here. Most of those people are gone like Killer Midget and Super Nublet, but there are still many of you here. I wont name people because I don’t want to forget any one and make them upset. I will still be around, but not like I was before.

I am retired and may pull a Favor one day and come out of it;)

Thank you for all the great memories.

Itch
19 May 2009, 06:45pm
Thanks for all you've done. Good to hear you aren't going to disappear.

Crimson
19 May 2009, 06:52pm
You have done great things for this Community. Hopefully your deeds won't be forgotten.

2fast
19 May 2009, 06:52pm
Thanks for what u have done....and Good luck in Realife u Nooob......

andre1028
19 May 2009, 06:53pm
I enjoyed playing Killing Floor and Napalm with you Suri. Good luck with everything.

Now we need a BD to take on our Henda role.

2fast
19 May 2009, 06:57pm
I enjoyed playing Killing Floor and Napalm with you Suri. Good luck with everything.

lol

Irish
19 May 2009, 06:57pm
Suri didnt get to know you that well but you have done a lot... Im sad to see you step down but at least you will still be around :) But go take care of your family and every thing.

Sigh guys he is not leaving just stepping down.............

But good luck see you around :)

SneakySnake
19 May 2009, 07:02pm
OMG!!!! NO! GET UR MOTHER FUCKING ASS BACK HERE! IM NOT TAKING NO FOR A FUCKING ANSWER!!! YOU CANT LEAVE. I SWEAR TO GOD SURI I WILL FIND YOU AND KICK THE SHIT OUT OF YOU!!!!!

wtf? :crazy:

Anyways, good luck with the family and job(s), hope to be seeing you back as a BD one day.

:wave:

Bethy
19 May 2009, 07:11pm
Suri, I don't exactly know how to put it but you're a great BD.
You've always made the tough choices and didn't care who thought you were an asshole.
You've always put the community first, instead of your reputation and that's what made you so respectful.
I hate to see you go, but I do understand why you are leaving.
Please be sure to come around and talk now and then, because you will be missed.
Hopefully one day you won't be so busy with everything and can come back.
But for now, have fun and take care with your family.

Dracula
19 May 2009, 07:18pm
Even though me and you have had major disagreements I am still sadend to see you go.

Determined2Win
19 May 2009, 07:19pm
I respect you choice to the fullest Suri. Your daughter is growing up and I'm sure you'll be want to be able to experience all of her remaining 1st's. You had your Up's and Down's as BD but you were doing what was best for the community in the end. Stick around and come on when you can. Best of luck.

DoubleSb
19 May 2009, 07:21pm
Cya Suri.
Don't forget to comeback someday.
We'll miss you.

Silentfaith
19 May 2009, 07:22pm
Hey, I bought you KF and your quitting !!! Haha jk lol

Good luck to you, I wish you well and hope for nothing but success.

Cranks
19 May 2009, 07:24pm
God im gonna miss you suri :(

Hazardous
19 May 2009, 07:33pm
OMG!!!! NO! GET UR MOTHER FUCKING ASS BACK HERE! IM NOT TAKING NO FOR A FUCKING ANSWER!!! YOU CANT LEAVE. I SWEAR TO GOD SURI I WILL FIND YOU AND KICK THE SHIT OUT OF YOU!!!!!

First of all, that's not helpful, nor is it humorous, it's just fucking obnoxious.

Secondly, I don't remember him saying he's leaving, just that he won't be here as much, so whats with all the "good byes, and waaahhs, and I MISS U PLZ DONT GO"?

Thirdly:

WWaLxFIVX1s

SpikedRocker
19 May 2009, 07:43pm

I've been practicing...ask about making people cry.

Anyway, Suri you were pretty much my mentor here. Ever since you aked me to step up a notch and take the roll of AO then BD, I'd try to do what you'd do when you weren't here. You are a great father, husband and friend to this community. Taking time to do your business and leaving something you enjoy doing behind is a huge step but like you said you aren't really going anywhere. So heres to you Suri! You've done a many great things around here now its time to enjoy those things that mean the most to you.

CandleJack
19 May 2009, 07:52pm
Suri, you have been a exemplary BD, you were the one who approved my admin :P, and you did such great work here, i'm sure the entire community will miss u as i will

-Scout

Josh
19 May 2009, 07:55pm
You have done an outstanding job Suri, good luck with getting your priorities straightened out and hopefully you can eventually come back as a BD.

Italian Jew
19 May 2009, 08:07pm
Thirdly:

WWaLxFIVX1s

Thanks for taking my video for those who step down or leave. :rant:

HE CHOSE LIFE OVER US ALL!!!!

Nice choice :thumb:

Hazardous
19 May 2009, 08:14pm
Thanks for taking my video for those who step down or leave. :rant:

HE CHOSE LIFE OVER US ALL!!!!

Nice choice :thumb:

It seemed appropriate for the occasion.

Ms. Blargh
19 May 2009, 08:15pm
Dont be a stranger :D

I think you did an excellent job as BD and hope to see you back in the future.

Trogdor
19 May 2009, 08:25pm
From what I've seen, you've done amazing things for this community. Only wish I could've gotten to meet you but, maybe in the future. I hope to see you around the forums and such, good luck with the family/life issues, they should always come first.

Italian Jew
19 May 2009, 08:27pm
It seemed appropriate for the occasion.

That's why I use it.

So what position will you be in Suri? Admin, Supporter,...HG :pound: ?

Crimson
19 May 2009, 08:29pm
Hn-enjcgV1o

http://www.collectionscanada.gc.ca/obj/m2/f1/csm6036-v6.jpg

http://ihasahotdog.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/funny-dog-pictures-dog-asks-tennis-ball-to-come-back.jpg

matt 187
19 May 2009, 08:34pm
That's why I use it.

HG!!!!!!!! :happy:

Dante
19 May 2009, 08:43pm
NOOO COME BACK!!!

broncoty
19 May 2009, 09:17pm
Good luck.

Caution
19 May 2009, 09:21pm
I <3 you :cry:

Psyche
19 May 2009, 09:57pm
See you round suri.

Modgers1
19 May 2009, 10:14pm
You've been a great help in every position you've been in here Suri, whether it be AO, AM, or BD. I hate to see you step down, however real-life takes precedence. I hope you manage to stay around, and maybe someday we can finally play PR together again. Good luck, Godspeed, and thank you for your service.

Warmest Regards,

-Modgers

Target
19 May 2009, 10:22pm
Suri,
Even though we didn't know each other that well I'm still very sad to see you go. I know you have been through a lot with drama and a select few wanting you to leave but you were the bigger person and ignored them. Good luck with your jobs and your family, I hope you enjoy all the time with your daughter and wife. Your daughter won't be young forever so enjoy it!
Thank you for all the time you put in to the community to make it as good as it is today.
Hope to see you around sometime!!

-Target

Astrum
20 May 2009, 01:06am

The irony would be palpable.

Chobber
20 May 2009, 01:28am
Thank you, suri, for everything you've done!

Svendy
20 May 2009, 01:29am
you've been a great BD suri, sad to see you step down but RL first, i hope you will still be around. if not, thank you for all the good times, you will be missed and never forgotten

Mystique
20 May 2009, 01:47am
Thank you, Suri, for all that you have done for this community. It's sad that you are stepping down, but everyone knows that real life goes first. So take your time to get your life sorted out and make sure to check in from time to time.

<3 Mysti

Daze
20 May 2009, 02:10am
With deepest regret do I see you leave a position of high authority, best wishes to you and your family.

Maxwelldon
20 May 2009, 02:21am
Ye been great BD matey, lil' sad see ye' step down but life is life, it is and it does ;)

Anyhow, hope there'll be lotsa good days in future still too ^^

Jaffa
20 May 2009, 02:37am
Sorry to see your stepping down, you've been a BD for a long time, through some rough times for the community, and through a lot of growth. I hope you'll still drop into chatbox whilst working though :D

XeNo
20 May 2009, 02:43am
Tbh I can't see anyone left in the community that would make a good replacement for Suri.

Just leave the BD's how they are. The SAR's crew has it down.

Spike/Astrum/Raven for those that can't figure out acronyms.

Jaffa
20 May 2009, 03:10am
is raven gonna be the strict one now :O

Lux
20 May 2009, 03:46am
is raven gonna be the strict one now :O

Strictly CRAZY :dance::dance::dance::dance:

Seriously though Suri people don't understand how hard this job can be, especially when you have so many other things in life going on so take care :clap:

James
20 May 2009, 04:30am
Ah, you can't go on forever lets be honest, but you did a good job at BD, well done mate

Huwajux
20 May 2009, 04:34am
I'm sad to see you leave Suri, you have done a great deal for this community and I hope you still visit us from time to time. Good luck in your life with your wife and daughter!

Many thanks!

VirDeBello
20 May 2009, 05:00am
Damn man well aslong as its for the better good. Hope you can still jump on Live and Sg severs to play.

Mikey
20 May 2009, 05:10am
sucks to see you go man, but it's been fun having you as a higher up

Noobster
20 May 2009, 05:33am
Goodbye suri, u were a great bd. Hope u come back soon. good lucky on everything

tank40175
20 May 2009, 05:55am
You have been a great BD!! Sorry to see you step down. GL with real life, cya around still I'm sure.

High
20 May 2009, 06:11am
I came on nearly a year ago as admin, and Suri took me under his wing, always answered my questions(No matter how stupid they seemed), and Over time, he dealt with a lot more stupid stuff that would have driven even the most sane person in the world crazy. He put up with more crap in a day here than most would deal with in a lifetime, but he never really lost his cool. He' s acted professionally and admirably.

I salute him for going out on top.:usa2::usa2::usa2:

and not rage quiting. :rlol:

Congrats buddy, you've earned your retirement.:hail: :hail:

Delirium
20 May 2009, 07:35am
Suri, Didn't really know you but i enjoyed reading most of your post and it kinda helped me get through school so thanks for that, but GL with real life shit and i hope you do return

Henrik
20 May 2009, 08:43am
you have been a great BD. Good luck with the jobs and family

Red
20 May 2009, 10:02am
real life is for losers

PotshotPolka
20 May 2009, 10:04am
real life is for losers

how far till lvl 5 medic?

Red
20 May 2009, 10:09am
how far till lvl 5 medic?

already there nub

Tcp-Kill
20 May 2009, 10:57am
I have to say that suri has been a great BD, from when he was the AO whilst some others went away he was lumbered with the work and he was brilliant.

Good luck with life, you will be missed!

SilentGuns
20 May 2009, 11:06am
GL , will miss you.

Blank
20 May 2009, 12:08pm
Since we are just a couple of nobody's, maybe we can get back to killing zombies on Escape!

XeNo
20 May 2009, 12:10pm
Since we are just a couple of nobody's, maybe we can get back to killing zombies on Escape!
LOL.

Suri
20 May 2009, 12:48pm
Blank is some one I wanted to list in this post. He was really the first person to befriend me here, and we would rule over the Escape server.

Blank you got me to get admin and the rest is history. I can't wait to get in there and play some escape with you like the good old days.

But thank you all for the kind words. It means allot to me to know that people really to feel I did a great job. I am not going away, but just not as active as I was. Retired life will be great. To be able to set in a server and just enjoy the game and not worry about anything else.

Mystique
20 May 2009, 12:58pm
U deserve it Suri, that's all that matters

Frostbyte
20 May 2009, 01:04pm
You still need to get me some Sonic.

Best of luck in your real-life stuff.

'BEANIE
20 May 2009, 01:27pm
Lol okay Suri. But you still have to come on ventrilo and sing for me and tyrant. :D

Leon
20 May 2009, 01:28pm
Lol okay Suri. But you still have to come on ventrilo and sing for me and tyrant. :D

ignore her lol

Bye :wave:

Jazz
20 May 2009, 01:58pm
Awww.... Good luck with RL. Also, does this mean that you are going to cancel your admin?

LVG
20 May 2009, 02:18pm
Good luck Suri I'll miss your fetness

Neji
20 May 2009, 03:00pm

... Maybe some little respect...

BTW Suri I wish you will be BD all the time, but... You can't . That's good that you're not leaving SG :)
So Goodluck there, sir.

Huwajux
20 May 2009, 03:43pm
"You are unbanned." -Suricruise

Ah, the golden age...

CandleJack
20 May 2009, 03:44pm

This is how NOT to react to this thread

Bad Dog
20 May 2009, 03:57pm
Suri I got some good memories of you but I think my fav is when some guy came on the server whining at all the admins about a ban, and he insulted Obez by saying he had anal sex with her, and you responded with saying "So you like gay sex. GO you." Priceless..

Hiphopopotomus
20 May 2009, 05:04pm
We will miss you as a BD, but I'm sure we understand "life" really takes priority! Atleast you will stick around right?

Troy
20 May 2009, 05:14pm
oh my guwd.

You've been a great BD, a lot fun, keep the community straight. But youve got a family to take care of, bye and goodluck.

Dannen
20 May 2009, 05:46pm
Thank you for the great help you've been to me as BD
I totally support your decision.

I'll hopefully see you around!

trakaill
20 May 2009, 06:38pm
Even though you think less of me because of our past altercations, Im sad to see you leave! GLINRL

Mercy
20 May 2009, 06:58pm
Family is always first, sad to see you go though

Doctordan
20 May 2009, 07:03pm
good luck in real life

Toxin
20 May 2009, 07:36pm
Besides GarfieldH and probably that Haggard dude you are probably one of the best things that could've happened to our community. Please know that we will miss you and you will always be welcomed back into open arms, should you return. Take care of yourself and good luck.

MasterkennyG
20 May 2009, 07:59pm
see you around suri, you were the one that stood up for me when i first joined and I hope you know that I will alwase respect you and you were a great AO/bd and I hope we could one day have a fun time playing some esape player to player

Jazz
21 May 2009, 01:57am

HELL YEA MAN!

B o B
21 May 2009, 04:37am
Good luck

Eldest
21 May 2009, 06:55am
See you are around, you were an awesome BD!

Z3r0 M4ni4c
21 May 2009, 07:54am
see ya.
Now back to reality

phatman76
24 May 2009, 01:50am
You have done a great job Suri, thank you for all the hard work.

PingPong
27 May 2009, 03:08pm
I must say that was REALLY rude of you to say that lover, its obvious and suri even said in the post that he has a FAMILY and 2 jobs that he needs to spend more time on. SG is not an obligation its a community you choose to take part in. It sucks your stepping down suri you were an awseome bd but you have your reasons. Good thing your not leaving fully, see you around :thumb:

Italian Jew
27 May 2009, 03:20pm
I must say that was REALLY rude of you to say that lover, its obvious and suri even said in the post that he has a FAMILY and 2 jobs that he needs to spend more time on. SG is not an obligation its a community you choose to take part in. It sucks your stepping down suri you were an awseome bd but you have your reasons. Good thing your not leaving fully, see you around :thumb:

Humor and sarcasm escape you.

Good job on the bump though <- (What have we learned?)

Caution
27 May 2009, 03:32pm

Ooooh oooh pick me pick me, I know!

PingPong
27 May 2009, 03:42pm
Humor and sarcasm escape you.

Well sorry it was on the first page and it was really visable, sorry if it was a joke, i didnt find it very funny, it seemed very ignorant

PingPong
27 May 2009, 05:14pm
Ok Pingpong, all of a sudden your "so mature" when like a month ago YOU raged at people for cadebreaking ect..... So I don' know what your trying to prove but your more likable when you being yourself...... I raged a month ago because i was a rank whore, but now im just chilled back. Whatever :P

Longwave
28 May 2009, 07:15am
Steamgamers! Tench, Hut!

Present Arms!

*salute's*

Order Arms!

Parade Rest!

thanks for serving us as long as you did. good luck with your life.

miniVICIOUS
28 May 2009, 12:52pm
i never met you really but i can see you've been a great part of what has helped SG grow. thank you so much :)

Killer
28 May 2009, 01:17pm
DONT LEAVE!!!!! WE NEED YOU !!!!!! WHERE WILL GOOO!!!!! ;(

*Queen VenomousFate*
28 May 2009, 01:51pm
Sorry to see you leave Suri, you have done a lot for the community and I think that you have done a great job.

Good luck with where ever life may take you!

Ooodles and Ooodles of Love
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥Venomous♥Fate♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Karot
28 May 2009, 07:23pm
Suri I know that me and you have had our differences and I know that me and you don't like each other very much, if any. But good luck in life and hope you and your family are safe i'll see you around maybe some time.

God Bless.

-Karot.^

zapper
28 May 2009, 08:32pm
cya my friend
have a good life and take care of yourself and family

Fast Bullet
29 May 2009, 10:22am
I hope you come back soon!

B o B
30 May 2009, 04:24am
Hes not leaving us. Hes retiring

Neo
30 May 2009, 04:51am

Some guys just never grow up...

However good luck and thanks alot for your time here with Steamgamers, will be hard to replace it but im sure we will work it out :smile1:

Huwajux
5 Jun 2009, 04:22pm
Hes not leaving us. Hes retiring
ORLY!? (http://www.steamgamers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19252)