PDA

View Full Version : Glitching grenades on deathrun

FightingRooster
17 May 2009, 07:54am
I don't know if this is just on iceworld, but it happens often.

One player will get the smoke grenade and will either throw it in a group of people, or stand on top of two people and throw it down. This causes the two people to be stuck in place and at times they can't move until the smoke is done.

This happened to me quite a few times today and when telling people to please stop and informed them that it was glitching, they asked me if it was in the motd. I said no, and they kept on doing it.

Can we make this a rule?

Jaffa
17 May 2009, 08:30am
I reckon this would come under the general "don't be a dick to other players" rule, and if an admin sees players doing this, especially if they try to use the nades to block players on jumps, they should deal with them and put a stop to it

Huwajux
17 May 2009, 09:02am
It's not a major problem, people only get stuck for a couple of seconds. It would be especially hard to enforce also, because of the no-block and the semi-invisible players it is hard to determine who is throwing it; even with the snowman head on.

SpikedRocker
17 May 2009, 09:08am
Yeah thats a pretty dick move. Unless theres a bunch of nades in that map, you can tell who did it by looking at the chatlog to see who threw it. Of course we could just remove the nades entirely if people cannot use them right. So basically, tell them they will lose them if they keep doing it.

trakaill
17 May 2009, 09:47am
It's not a major problem, people only get stuck for a couple of seconds. It would be especially hard to enforce also, because of the no-block and the semi-invisible players it is hard to determine who is throwing it; even with the snowman head on.

Wrong..easy to enforce cause its usually the same dick head doing it over and over again!!! I ve had that problem on MG and quickly fixed it with a slay!!! And smoke grenades are WAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY longer than 2 seconds!!! VERY ANNOYING!

FightingRooster
17 May 2009, 09:57am
I reckon this would come under the general "don't be a dick to other players" rule, and if an admin sees players doing this, especially if they try to use the nades to block players on jumps, they should deal with them and put a stop to it

I agree but to a lot of players, if it doesn't say the EXACT word for word rule, they'll completely disregard your warnings.

Yeah, its hard to enforce. I just wanted to make sure that there was some type of rule against it.

Yeah thats a pretty dick move. Unless theres a bunch of nades in that map, you can tell who did it by looking at the chatlog to see who threw it. Of course we could just remove the nades entirely if people cannot use them right. So basically, tell them they will lose them if they keep doing it.

I find the nades make the game more fun. The threat of removing them would probably work though.

Wrong..easy to enforce cause its usually the same dick head doing it over and over again!!! I ve had that problem on MG and quickly fixed it with a slay!!! And smoke grenades are WAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY longer than 2 seconds!!! VERY ANNOYING!

Slaying/kicking is probably the best option. I'll just know from now on I'll demo + post in complaints.

Drox
17 May 2009, 05:57pm
I dont see alot of this going on, but if it doesnt screw you up or kill you then I kinda dont see how it would be something to get kicked for, except just being a dick and doing it. lol

trakaill
18 May 2009, 07:38am
I dont see alot of this going on, but if it doesnt screw you up or kill you then I kinda dont see how it would be something to get kicked for, except just being a dick and doing it. lol

so you still dont see why???

Dante
18 May 2009, 07:46am
It's happened to me on MG server on the back ally run v2 and it lasted for about a min. although we were safe behind a box it made all the T's pay more attention to us and basically putting a larger target on our heads. I think if someone does this that they should be slay/kicked/ and if they continue like a douche banned.

FightingRooster
18 May 2009, 07:48am
It's happened to me on MG server on the back ally run v2 and it lasted for about a min. although we were safe behind a box it made all the T's pay more attention to us and basically putting a larger target on our heads. I think if someone does this that they should be slay/kicked/ and if they continue like a douche banned.

Forgot about backalley. It's happened to me there also. Thanks for mentioning it.

Also, there's a security tower map (where Ts are on the top and CTs on the bottom) where this happens. I guess its possible on pretty much any map with noblock on, yet on this map it was really bad. You've got a small place to move and pretty much everything is a buy zone so people can just spam these smokes and freeze people.

Dante
19 May 2009, 06:38am
Yeah it gets really frustrating.

Fanta
19 May 2009, 08:44am
Some people have been doing it whhile someone goes into the trap to fake out the
T some they get stuck and die

Drox
19 May 2009, 11:51am
so you still dont see why???

If thats a reason to get kicked then 90% of the people who play on the escape server should be kicked all the time, either blocking, glitching, or screwing over the team. Ive played on that server for so long that alittle grenade glitch doesnt get me butthurt when I play on deathrun compared to the dickness in the escape server sometimes lol. ;)

SpikedRocker
19 May 2009, 11:54am
If thats a reason to get kicked then 90% of the people who play on the escape server should be kicked all the time, either blocking, glitching, or screwing over the team. Ive played on that server for so long that alittle grenade glitch doesnt get me butthurt when I play on deathrun compared to the dickness in the escape server sometimes lol. ;)

Well if they are blocking or glitching or TK'ing their team then they should be kicked, you also have to take in the fact that we are not everywhere at all times nor do we see everything. The things in escape are harder to find for an admin in game. Someone grenade glitching another player should be pretty simple to pick out.

Drox
19 May 2009, 11:57am
Well if they are blocking or glitching or TK'ing their team then they should be kicked, you also have to take in the fact that we are not everywhere at all times nor do we see everything. The things in escape are harder to find for an admin in game. Someone grenade glitching another player should be pretty simple to pick out.

fair enough lol I understand then