PDA

View Full Version : Velvet Assassin

PotshotPolka
13 May 2009, 04:58pm
Was a great game if you enjoy watching an emo woman wearing too much eyeliner shoot up heroin and stab Nazis in the back for 15 hours with an ending that makes you want to kill the developers for possibly the worst run up ending I have ever seen.

Gameplay was almost interesting for a few minutes, but gets old nearly instantly. Almost all backstabbing kills, shooting a minimum with horrid controls.

The storyline was ventilated with missing info and random ass flashbacks which were actually "fastforwards".

The setting was completely glum, never a blue sky, constant desparity. Mind you this wasn't the la de da Wermacht, this was Waffen SS.
This is like the second game I've ever seen dead children in, and frankly I now know why you don't see it very often.

This game was flat out unenjoyable, I can't bring myself to do a full review of it.

Bad Dog
13 May 2009, 05:05pm
bad gunplay because of stealth gameplay. Glum/darkness because of stealth gameplay. and backstabbing because of stealthgameplay. Then again MGS4 had blue skys, great gunplay, awsome controls, and multiple CQC kills..soo sounds like a shit game xP nice review I was thinking about getting now no thanks.

ninjaz1337
14 May 2009, 12:42am
Well, you saved me some money...(was considering at a point), thanks!

Wrathek
14 May 2009, 07:57am
bad gunplay because of stealth gameplay. Glum/darkness because of stealth gameplay. and backstabbing because of stealthgameplay. Then again MGS4 had blue skys, great gunplay, awsome controls, and multiple CQC kills..soo sounds like a shit game xP nice review I was thinking about getting now no thanks.

i agree whole-heartedly with the mgs4 comment, but otherwise no. generally, at the early stages of stealth action games, the controls DID suck, but now that only qualifies as a shit game.

hell, even the FIRST splinter cell had alright controls once you got used to them... man that reminds me, i never finished pandora tommorrow... *installs*

PotshotPolka
14 May 2009, 08:05am
That and the dead children lying in the streets and hanging from trees. Sometimes historical accuracy is fair in games, but no one said walking through a Polish Jewish ghetto would be fun.

Wrathek
14 May 2009, 08:57am
oh fuck man thats fucked up lol

BOOWY
14 May 2009, 04:28pm
That and the dead children lying in the streets and hanging from trees. Sometimes historical accuracy is fair in games, but no one said walking through a Polish Jewish ghetto would be fun.

Is it wrong to want a game just to see this? I'm all interested now. Please tell me they're physics enabled and you can get them to swing around.

PotshotPolka
14 May 2009, 08:42pm
Is it wrong to want a game just to see this? I'm all interested now. Please tell me they're physics enabled and you can get them to swing around.

no, in fact there are no ragdolls practically non-existant, you cannot jump, your only movement options are walk or crouch. It feels like it should of been released 5 years ago.

Wrathek
15 May 2009, 07:24am
no, in fact there are no ragdolls practically non-existant, you cannot jump, your only movement options are walk or crouch. It feels like it should of been released 5 years ago.

told you guys its just a terrible game

PotshotPolka
15 May 2009, 07:37am
told you guys its just a terrible game

the ending made me want to cry.