PDA

View Full Version : Federal Pay

zero
13 May 2009, 08:58am
I saw this story on CNN this morning. Here's an older article I found on the Cato Institutes web site about this very issue. Civil servant, my ass.

http://www.cato.org/pub_display.php?pub_id=6611

In summary, "The Bureau of Economic Analysis released data this month showing that the average compensation for the 1.8 million federal civilian workers in 2005 was $106,579 -- exactly twice the average compensation paid in the U.S. private sector: $53,289. If you consider wages without benefits, the average federal civilian worker earned $71,114, 62 percent more than the average private-sector worker, who made $43,917."

My wife works for the feds and one thing is certain, a federal government job is probably the most secure job anyone can ever have. You pretty much have a job for life. I've already had four jobs in the tech sector to my wifes one job in the government.

Red
13 May 2009, 09:12am
I hope to have a government job one day

zero
13 May 2009, 09:13am

I dunno... I just can't do it on moral grounds, heh.

Red
13 May 2009, 09:16am
It would depend on the job.

I would want a job that actually contributes to the country, intel etc, versus some generic bureaucratic pencil pusher.

LegalSmash
13 May 2009, 10:47am

this.

Drox
13 May 2009, 10:51am
I'd rather not work for the government lol job pay is nice and all but cant say I like the federal government that much.

LegalSmash
13 May 2009, 11:26am
I'd rather not work for the government lol job pay is nice and all but cant say I like the federal government that much.

Yea, you say that shit until you owe your own life and your firstborn child's life to loan companies for your education, and the private sector is paying shit and doesn't include benefits.

Drox
13 May 2009, 11:39am
Yea, you say that shit until you owe your own life and your firstborn child's life to loan companies for your education, and the private sector is paying shit and doesn't include benefits.

Welcome to America ;)

PotshotPolka
13 May 2009, 12:41pm
v9Wnr20DIvY
2:05