PDA

View Full Version : POP/HIPHOP DYING?

Bad Dog
13 May 2009, 06:26am
It has been qouted by Nas, one of the greatest rappers of all time, saying that hiphop is dying due to all the bad artists and rappers out there. Is this true do you think? I think so, we need more classical style rappers, not the freestyle crap, cuz ya you can think of some new words to A Milli, but they dont mean a goddamn thing.

Jaffa
13 May 2009, 06:44am
Hasn't been a big UK rap/hiphop scene for a while now, RnB is much bigger over here, and pop is making a comeback.

In the Uk its the indie scene which is overloaded with identikit bands and is due for a sharp decline. Dance/Electropop is on the rise though :)

Leon
13 May 2009, 06:49am
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hQwIJRIKvig&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hQwIJRIKvig&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3u9SEw2W-E

They explain it more than i would. The second one *contains langauge*

Jazz
13 May 2009, 07:10am
Yeah, damn RnB! I miss the old days!

Red
13 May 2009, 08:45am
GOOD!

It needs to vanish.

B o B
13 May 2009, 09:56am
GOOD!

It needs to vanish.

This

Bad Dog
13 May 2009, 02:39pm
ya Im really sick of hiphop/rap and RnB is alright but im stuck on the left side o' the pond sadly :/

Wrathek
13 May 2009, 03:17pm
rap has been dead for a while if you ask me..

question though, why the FUCK would you EVER put the phrase "pop/hiphop" together? they are nothing alike

to answer your question in full, yes, hip hop is, pop will never die.

Chobber
13 May 2009, 03:39pm
question though, why the FUCK would you EVER put the phrase "pop/hiphop" together? they are nothing alike

You know what pop music stands for? Okay, I think we will do a facepalm for you then..

Pop music, as in popular music, started because of genres going, what people tend to call, mainstream.. It has since the 90's been seen as a genre in its own, but none the less, it is still the word counting for the mainstream music.. The last couple of years, the mainstream music has been hiphop and rap - therefor; hiphop & rap = pop music (AS WELL!!)..

There were times where you had to have just SOME sort of TALENT to break through in the music business, but as times passed by, more dollars flew under the bridge and instead of being an art, music (and in particular pop, poprock, rap and hiphop) became a money machine..
Of course, musicians (as well as writers, actors, painters, etc) should have money for their work so they can survive, IF THEY ARE GOOD ENOUGH! The good ones will earn more than the not so effective/lucky/skilled ones - you see that in every business.. If you do better than the rest of the people in the banking world, you might some day become the boss and earn the big cash! And why is that? Because YOU are better at certain jobs than everyone else (YEH, GO CAPITALISM, BURN COMMUNISM!)..

The thing is, the music business evolved into, well, really - the same! We, as consumers, didnt put as high needs for new and colorful music as we'd done before.. We were also controlled by big medias like MTV and various big music companies to LISTEN to the music THEY chose! Because of that, our big interest in getting to know new kinds of music and new genres..
Can we be honest here, please? How similiar are the different kinds of popmusic we hear today? Lil Wayne, black rapper, 50 Cent, another black rapper, Lady Gaga, FloRida, Timberlake, Timbaland, Lily Allen, Miley Cyrus, Britney Spears, Avril Lavigne, SoulJa Boy, NeYo, Rihanna - and the list goes on.. With the big glasses on - how different are those from each other??

On to the general question - I don't think it is dying, I think it is evolving.. Hopefully to something better!
Lets take a relatively recent example.. Grunge (yes, as in Kurt Cobain and Nirvana if you want to refer) has its glory time in the 90'ies and then more or less died from the public scene.. I feel it is really comming back again the latest years.. Staind, Seether, The Killer And The Star, Ting Tings, The Fray, The Killers etc.. I honestly, and personally, think that those bands has a deep connection to what we saw in the late 80'ies and through the 90'ies..

Troy
13 May 2009, 06:50pm
VkSq2Zn2XoY

crGTNC19uok

Best Hip hop songs ive heard in a while..

andre1028
13 May 2009, 07:56pm
ilnEp5jMga0
p2P8wV9sx4M
jZ_Y3GulpCw
yM9I99nf_EQ
1D-paZZAR7k
ZErwE29v7ss
jI7_U6dazxw
GG10xE1hbXI
2o8UgIgI8BU
sFxfoM3b6jQ

Tell me Hip hop is dying. All genres go through that "time" when it seems like it's dying, but it really isn't. It's just changing. Look at Rock in its early days, compared to now for example. Nas is just saying that because Lil Wayne (Shit magnet) and Soulja boy are around and Tupac and Biggie aren't. He's used to the last generation of Hip hop. DMX moved on, Dr. Dre moved on, Snoop Dogg moved on. He's used to East vs West. That's dead now.

Bad Dog
13 May 2009, 10:42pm
Im not saying those artists are bad Eminem is one of those rappers out that is great, but im saying theres a lot of crappy, indentical hip hop/rappers.

Jaffa
14 May 2009, 03:19am
Rock in its early days was wayyy better than the stuff that comes out now. Queen, The Doors, Deep Purple, The Who, Black Sabbath, The Clash, Cream, Jimi Hendrix, The Kinks, Led Zeppelin, ACDC, Pink floyd, Ramones, Rolling Stones, Thin Lizzy (and even more i cba to name).

Wrathek
14 May 2009, 07:53am
You know what pop music stands for? Okay, I think we will do a facepalm for you then..

Pop music, as in popular music, started because of genres going, what people tend to call, mainstream.. It has since the 90's been seen as a genre in its own, but none the less, it is still the word counting for the mainstream music.. The last couple of years, the mainstream music has been hiphop and rap - therefor; hiphop & rap = pop music (AS WELL!!)..

There were times where you had to have just SOME sort of TALENT to break through in the music business, but as times passed by, more dollars flew under the bridge and instead of being an art, music (and in particular pop, poprock, rap and hiphop) became a money machine..
Of course, musicians (as well as writers, actors, painters, etc) should have money for their work so they can survive, IF THEY ARE GOOD ENOUGH! The good ones will earn more than the not so effective/lucky/skilled ones - you see that in every business.. If you do better than the rest of the people in the banking world, you might some day become the boss and earn the big cash! And why is that? Because YOU are better at certain jobs than everyone else (YEH, GO CAPITALISM, BURN COMMUNISM!)..

The thing is, the music business evolved into, well, really - the same! We, as consumers, didnt put as high needs for new and colorful music as we'd done before.. We were also controlled by big medias like MTV and various big music companies to LISTEN to the music THEY chose! Because of that, our big interest in getting to know new kinds of music and new genres..
Can we be honest here, please? How similiar are the different kinds of popmusic we hear today? Lil Wayne, black rapper, 50 Cent, another black rapper, Lady Gaga, FloRida, Timberlake, Timbaland, Lily Allen, Miley Cyrus, Britney Spears, Avril Lavigne, SoulJa Boy, NeYo, Rihanna - and the list goes on.. With the big glasses on - how different are those from each other??

not sure why the fuck you made this post directed at me. Yes i know that pop music is for all "popular music" and yes, I know bands in the 90s destroyed mainstream music as we know it. I just never equate pop with rap etc, not because I dont like it (i like some), but because there's just ALOT more that is nothing like rap that is mainstream.

I'm the odd man out with this opinion probably, but i just am bothered to hear "50 cet.. Florida... Miley Cyrus, Britney Spears...etc" in the same sentence not to mention all of the ones i listed from your list suck major ass. timbaland however, thats a good artist - even better producer.

Chobber
14 May 2009, 08:49am
not sure why the fuck you made this post directed at me. Yes i know that pop music is for all "popular music" and yes, I know bands in the 90s destroyed mainstream music as we know it. I just never equate pop with rap etc, not because I dont like it (i like some), but because there's just ALOT more that is nothing like rap that is mainstream.

I'm the odd man out with this opinion probably, but i just am bothered to hear "50 cet.. Florida... Miley Cyrus, Britney Spears...etc" in the same sentence not to mention all of the ones i listed from your list suck major ass. timbaland however, thats a good artist - even better producer.

If it was directed 100% at you, I would've sent a PM..

Timbaland is an awesome, producer, no doubt about it! But is he in as an artist to say "EH, EH EH EEEH!" or is he in it for the money?

And Jaffa, thats really each owns opinion.. I could say the quite opposite really :P

Jaffa
14 May 2009, 08:55am
Really Chobber? Really?

Simon [I R JAWZ]
14 May 2009, 12:41pm
RAP = Retards attempting poetry

Caution
14 May 2009, 08:05pm
I love rap, it really sucks to see people like Lil' Wayne and Soulja Boy fucking it up.

Eminem's Relapse will hopefully put some hope back into the rap genre.

Bad Dog
14 May 2009, 10:04pm
I love rap, it really sucks to see people like Lil' Wayne and Soulja Boy fucking it up.

totally true. And as for rock now a days IMO its dead. There is alternative, which i love dont get me wrong. And there is metal, which I also love. But ROCK, good old fashioned ROCK and ROLL, such as Jimi Hendrix The Who and all of them, is just gone. There are no other artists even attempting thier kind of music its all alt. or metal or some other genre im unaware of. Ska is kinda like original rock, in a way. But real Rock and Roll is gone in my eyes. I just pity I wasnt around for its golden ages. :'(

zapper
15 May 2009, 08:23pm
im sick of "reggaeton" PURE BULLSHIT

Lux
16 May 2009, 11:51am
Rock in its early days was wayyy better than the stuff that comes out now. Queen, The Doors, Deep Purple, The Who, Black Sabbath, The Clash, Cream, Jimi Hendrix, The Kinks, Led Zeppelin, ACDC, Pink floyd, Ramones, Rolling Stones, Thin Lizzy (and even more i cba to name).

Hasn't been a big UK rap/hiphop scene for a while now, RnB is much bigger over here, and pop is making a comeback.

In the Uk its the indie scene which is overloaded with identikit bands and is due for a sharp decline. Dance/Electropop is on the rise though :)

;/

I don't mind some older bands.....Queen are great but the others get boring for me, far too much emphasis on long boring guitar solo's.

Now you have some identical Indie bands I admit, but then you get lots of great bands, and the catchy tunes make lots of them different.

e.g.
bIEOZCcaXzE

Do admit that I usually prefer bands that are above Indie, because usually Indie bands have one or two good songs, and it's catchy but not quality. So my favourite kind of song is a mix of rock and indie/pop, good instrumentals, but not so overboard that its boring, whilst also having memorable lyrics.

e.g.
PaV5UCMsW-8

But Pop/Hiphop are pretty similiar. I'd say that there's still a few good artists out there, not really any less than there has been, but I hope the idiots who ruin rap/hiphop die (although most rap artists are idiots generally).

Jaffa on the subject of dance/electropop, I'd say not really. You have some people who break into the mainstream charts (Mainly Calvin Harris) but usually it's just a few songs now and then (Infinity etc). I wouldn't say that it's going to really get any bigger right now.

Jaffa
16 May 2009, 12:15pm
Might want to copy the whole embed code in :P

Lux
16 May 2009, 12:19pm
Might want to copy the whole embed code in :P

I did, it's working :s

Jaffa
16 May 2009, 08:51pm
I did, it's working :s

Last edited by Luxz0rz; Yesterday at 07:19 PM.

:s

Bodybag
16 May 2009, 09:12pm
the only rap i like is eminem and seriously.. his new cd in my opinion is rather good.. best white rapper out there in my opinion.. i have yet to see someone actually top him. i honestly think if he tried instead of rapping about random stuff then he would be excellent. but thats just eminem and his style.. and u know what.. it is still rather good lol =D

matt 187
16 May 2009, 10:07pm
hip hops been dead for awhile once the south started to put out pop/dance music Example

lil wayne
soulja boy
people from the south in general

rap should have stayed where it started N.Y.

Bad Dog
16 May 2009, 11:03pm
hip hops been dead for awhile once the south started to put out pop/dance music Example

lil wayne
soulja boy
people from the south in general

True. I want to shoot soulja boy he sucks. I cant believe people think of him as an actual artist.

Lux
17 May 2009, 09:08am
:s

I checked if it needed changing but it didn't, and I just pressed save anyway :confused1:

b0red
18 May 2009, 05:06am
Soulja Boy is a very good example of the decline of hip hop/rap, with his school yard rhymes and 4 word "raps" if you would even call them that. Happily i have seen less and less people listening to his music, real rappers are like Nyle; look him up on youtube he is a true rapper. Anyway alternative has been releasing some good hits lately, Punk goes Crunk was a cover of once popular songs and was pretty sweet cover.

b0red
20 May 2009, 04:55am
screw hip hop i moved on to bigger and better things like electro that stuffs SWEET XD

Caution
21 May 2009, 04:51pm

West Coast rap > East Coast rap

Bad Dog
21 May 2009, 05:18pm
screw hip hop i moved on to bigger and better things like electro that stuffs SWEET XD

nice double post

Xtrm
21 May 2009, 05:41pm
Oh don't get me started... Oh what? Yea you already did.

Mainstream rap is fucked. I turn on the radio and I hear... "Watch me YOUUUU Crank dat Soulja Boy." "SO BABY KISS ME THRU THE PHONE!" "You spin my head right round right round when ya go down, when ya go down down." "Sh Sh She lick me like a lollipop." or my favorite... "LEMME GET DAT BOOM BOOM BOOM." If your going to say hip-hop is dead then by all means do it. Because it is. Hip-hop is a form of rap music generated in the 21st century by "pop-hop" artists such as Lil Wayne, Soulja Boy, and Flo Rida. The genre of pop-hop or dance-hop is always confused with true rap music. Anything played on radio stations that play Lady GaGa, Brittany Spears, Jonas Brothers is NOT rap music anymore. We got a radio station in Chicago B96.3, they're slogan is "the hottest in rap and r&b music". They play Brittany Spears and Lady GaGa they have officially fallen off. The only true radio stations are TRUE stations. YouTube and MySpace have officially killed hip-hop. Anyone can get a record deal now. Look at how Soulja Boy got his label, he posted videos on YouTube and got found by Mr. Collipark. (Figures Collipark sucks.) Next thing you know this dude will get a record deal...

n9NHiGM5ofs

NOW... I was having this conversation with this girl earlier I'm so sick of people asking me why I like rap. "It's all about drugs, bitches, killing people, and money." Fuck you. Yes mainstream is completely fucked now. But if your like me you know that rap is living LARGE. (Noo I'm not talking about Ross.) I'm talking that the underground has blown the fuck up since mainstream has fallen off. You got four AMAZING MC's (NOT RAPPERS) who formed the godly group of Slaughterhouse... I gotta say ever since Pac was shot down underground has been on the uprising. We got Royce Da 5'9" (my personal fav), Tech N9ne, Stat Quo, AZ, Method Man, Redman, Doom (aka MC Doom, Viktor Vaughn, King Geedorah and a bunch of other names), Ya Boy. Most unsigned artists actually have the potential to be the next Pac. But they get money and that's all they care about. As Joe Budden said "Ask me about swag, Imma change the topic to lyrics then brag and look at you like a fag". Oh but don't believe me. I've only been listening to rap music forever.

And for all the rap haters. Listen to this REAL rap.

YuoUr7qPfZM

Cu6mAZmiE3g

QxcORULK-zM

Uu8d8bXxwDQ

v31wqRLN-iU

This two aren't underground, but still decent.

rXpEtXSGv-g

pe_O3X0R9e8

"All the Above" is my current favorite song, lyrics go hard. Same with "Overtime" love the lyrics. They both are basically what I feel everyday.

RIP EAZY-E
RIP 2PAC
RIP BIGGIE
RIP PIMP C
RIP PROOF
RIP SOULJA SLIM
RIP DOLLA - May 18, 2009 - WE AIN'T GONNA FORGET!

Oh and one more thing...

IT'S THE KINNNNG.

Caution
21 May 2009, 06:00pm
QxcORULK-zM

Easily one of the greatest "newer" rap singles to come out. This song's rhymes blew me away.

We have some similar tastes. I love most of the guys you mentioned, not many people know who Royce da 5'9" or Z-Ro are.

RIP EAZY-E
RIP 2PAC
RIP BIGGIE
RIP PIMP C
RIP O.D.B.
RIP PROOF
RIP SOULJA SLIM
RIP DOLLA - May 18, 2009 - WE AIN'T GONNA FORGET!

Fixed

Xtrm
21 May 2009, 06:20pm
Easily one of the greatest "newer" rap singles to come out. This song's rhymes blew me away.

We have some similar tastes. I love most of the guys you mentioned, not many people know who Royce da 5'9" or Z-Ro are.

Fixed

Never heard of O.D.B.

Royce is a god in underground. His flow and metaphors are uncompareable. First song I heard about him was "Taxi Driver" and I couldn't believe how he compared two taxi passengers, to Pac and B.I.G., to hip and hop. I heard it and I was just like... :clap: :hail:!

matt 187
21 May 2009, 06:27pm
Never heard of O.D.B.

i hope you get aids for saying that

4ITLNzPoEqs

best song ever

Xtrm
21 May 2009, 06:34pm
i hope you get aids for saying that

4ITLNzPoEqs

best song ever

If you would have just said Ol' Dirty Bastard I would have known who you were talking about. I've never heard O.D.B. acronym.

Caution
21 May 2009, 08:32pm
First time I ever heard of Royce was in Eminem's song Bad Meets Evil.

PeglpfqBd80

Espedal
29 May 2009, 09:09pm
Nas is just trying to make himself look good.

matt 187
29 May 2009, 09:21pm
Nas is just trying to make himself look good.

Old nas was the greatest.illmatic has to be one of the best rap albums of all time

Caution
29 May 2009, 11:02pm
illmatic has to be one of the best rap albums of all time

Fuck yes.

Xtrm
31 May 2009, 11:59pm
Fuck yes.

Pre-2000 Classics - Illmatic, All Eyez on Me, Reasonable Doubt, Marshall Mathers LP, Ready to Die, Straight Outta Compton, AmeriKKKa's Most Wanted, The Chronic, E.L.E. (Extinction Level Event): The Final World Front, It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back

2000-Present classics - The Documentary, Let's Get It: Thug Motivation 101, Graduation, Be

:sad:

(I missed a lot.)

matt 187
1 Jun 2009, 09:37am
LNQv3Ebvju

Ev has a great album in my opinion pretty new 2008.

Caution
2 Jun 2009, 12:07am
Pre-2000 Classics - Illmatic, All Eyez on Me, Reasonable Doubt, Marshall Mathers LP, Ready to Die, Straight Outta Compton, AmeriKKKa's Most Wanted, The Chronic, E.L.E. (Extinction Level Event): The Final World Front, It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back

+ It's on (Dr. Dre) 187um Killa

Xtrm
2 Jun 2009, 03:18pm
+ It's on (Dr. Dre) 187um Killa

And I forgot Enter the Wu-Tang (36 Chambers).

Desum
2 Jun 2009, 03:28pm
I've always hated rap. Its useless bullcrap about slapping the bitches, degrading women, stealing, doing gang-violence, doing drugs, etc. 99% of it isn't even music, its just them speaking so fast and without pronunciation that you can't understand them. Then they throw in some purely tuned beat that stays the same for the whole damn song. There's nothing creative about it. No feeling in it. I see it as a disgrace to music that the artists actually worked hard to make.

It is dieing, just as all shelf trophies do. But, in all honesty.. Good. I hope it dies a slow and painful death(Wait, no i don't. If its slow i'll have to listen to more of this bullcrap. I take that back, i hope it dies over night.) Hope it stays dead too. God help us if it comes back as "retro" in 20 years.

CandleJack
2 Jun 2009, 04:02pm
I hope it dies..

matt 187
2 Jun 2009, 04:42pm
I hope it dies..

I hope you die

Caution
2 Jun 2009, 07:30pm
I've always hated rap. Its useless bullcrap about slapping the bitches, degrading women, stealing, doing gang-violence, doing drugs, etc. 99% of it isn't even music, its just them speaking so fast and without pronunciation that you can't understand them. Then they throw in some purely tuned beat that stays the same for the whole damn song. There's nothing creative about it. No feeling in it. I see it as a disgrace to music that the artists actually worked hard to make.

It is dieing, just as all shelf trophies do. But, in all honesty.. Good. I hope it dies a slow and painful death(Wait, no i don't. If its slow i'll have to listen to more of this bullcrap. I take that back, i hope it dies over night.) Hope it stays dead too. God help us if it comes back as "retro" in 20 years.

You're an idiot. Don't come into a thread about it and make a piss poor attempt at a flame, at least have a valid argument. Seriously, it makes you look semi (if not fully) retarded when all you have is "ITS ALL BOUT CAPPIN A BROTHA AND SMACKIN A HO!" That would be like me saying all rock is is a bunch of highschool drop outs who scream nonsense words into a microphone with a guitarist + drummer in the background.

Next time, back yourself up better, it generally helps you from looking like a jackass.

Drox
4 Jun 2009, 04:40am
I actually think all music has been going down the shit can for awhile. I mean granted you might get a pretty good song here and there but honestly most of the time all genres have lost their way and are trying either different stuff that doesnt work, or doing the same thing that still doesnt work. I wouldnt mind seeing more music like 80's and 90's, and even early 2000. Now tho its just hard to find anything good without just looking up old school stuff instead.

Caution
4 Jun 2009, 09:36am
Here's an AMAZING song from Nas that is fairly new. Probably my favorite from him.

P7Z2ueL9kPk

Red
4 Jun 2009, 09:59am
this takes me back to middle school. Why can't they make shit this good anymore.

S0Sp500ZVI0

Caution
4 Jun 2009, 10:04am
Why can't they make shit this good anymore.

The problem (with me at least) is that every time I hear a new song, not even just rap, I always compare it to the old school stuff, and if the song isn't nearly as good (which is 95% of the time), I'll just say it sucks and won't listen to it anymore.

Red
4 Jun 2009, 10:11am
The problem (with me at least) is that every time I hear a new song, not even just rap, I always compare it to the old school stuff, and if the song isn't nearly as good (which is 95% of the time), I'll just say it sucks and won't listen to it anymore.

That's my problem too.

I was in 8th grade when my cousin gave me The Chronic while I was visiting family in the U.S. because he didn't realize what he had bought. I had never listened to rap (i grew up overseas) and it blew my mind. Every song was sick.

After that album, everything else just sucked to me. Until Eminem's first 2 albums. Asides from that, meh.

Drox
4 Jun 2009, 05:33pm
this takes me back to middle school. Why can't they make shit this good anymore.

S0Sp500ZVI0

lol some good old stuff, Dr Dre and Snoop always made good stuff back then.

MtrxMn
5 Jun 2009, 03:35pm
Good... i hate this kind of music. I wanna see some good rock music finally get made again.

Caution
5 Jun 2009, 04:18pm
Good... i hate this kind of music. I wanna see some good rock music finally get made again.

Once again, don't post if you don't like. Simple. :thumb:

Xtrm
5 Jun 2009, 09:46pm
BhludN8yU0s

Hip-hop still breathing.

First song off Blueprint 3. (http://www.rap-up.com/2009/06/05/new-music-jay-z-doa/)

Caution
6 Jun 2009, 03:43am
I'm not that huge of a Jay-Z fan (always liked Nas better), but Renegade is one of my favorite songs. Him and Em tore that song apart.

Cant touch this!!!!
6 Jun 2009, 04:11am
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogjo_RalgYQ

click on this link .greatest song ever made

Drox
6 Jun 2009, 07:29am

lol wtf?

Caution
6 Jun 2009, 11:57am

Dude GTFO, I'm sick of all these tards spamming the forums. Stay out of the thread if you're going to be a dumbass about it.

Veggie
6 Jun 2009, 03:18pm
Yea I have to agree with nas on that one.

Bad Dog
6 Jun 2009, 06:50pm
Dude GTFO, I'm sick of all these tards spamming the forums. Stay out of the thread if you're going to be a dumbass about it.

Well no shit Cant touch this!!!! is a little retarded kid.

sheriff
29 Jun 2009, 11:53am
FUCK POP MUSIC.

TheTruth
29 Jun 2009, 02:55pm
FUCK POP MUSIC.

Don't post if your gonna sound like a 12 year old.

Y9SI_8CCI2w

Slash/
30 Jun 2009, 10:46am
Mainstream pop/hiphop is pretty the repetition of the same words over and over for 4 minutes. Typical not making any sense at all.

roach coach
30 Jun 2009, 02:17pm
Mainstream hip hop/rap is in quite a downward spiral. It's comparable to hair metal in the 80s. Hopefully some new artists can bring it back for the sake of the genre. I'm no fan, but I respect many of the bygone talents that propelled rap and hip hop to the mainstream. I still would like to see rock brought back to its heyday, but in an ideal world, every genre would be putting out nothing short of Grade A Prime music.

Bad Dog
30 Jun 2009, 03:51pm
FUCK POP MUSIC.

Why the fuck do you always bump old threads? And do so in immature ways?

MtrxMn
30 Jun 2009, 09:34pm
Maybe the 2010s can be the beginning of good music making a comeback!

matt 187
30 Jun 2009, 09:50pm
Maybe the 2010s can be the beginning of good music making a comeback!

new york need's to come back and make some classics again nas is dropping a new album so lets see how that go's.......other than that autotunes need to die.also some one needs to tell lil wayne that he needs to stop making records cause his shit is just hot garbage.

Xtrm
1 Jul 2009, 01:21am
new york need's to come back and make some classics again nas is dropping a new album so lets see how that go's.......other than that autotunes need to die.also some one needs to tell lil wayne that he needs to stop making records cause his shit is just hot garbage.

Nas is collaborating with Damian Marley for his next album, so its not a solo. Brooklyn artist Maino released his album yesterday. It's decent. The west needs to make a big come back. Dre needs to drop Detox maybe that will bring hip-hop out of our coma.

matt 187
1 Jul 2009, 12:54pm
Nas is collaborating with Damian Marley for his next album, so its not a solo. Brooklyn artist Maino released his album yesterday. It's decent. The west needs to make a big come back. Dre needs to drop Detox maybe that will bring hip-hop out of our coma.

west coast rap is on a respirator right now i dont think they can come back unless they switch there style up ( more lyrical and less trying to make Club/dance music )

Bald
1 Jul 2009, 01:06pm

I seen many posts here that speaks the truth, like Bad Dogs, and Andre's.

Lil' Wayne's raps are shit, my freind talked about this before and said: "Lil' Wayne is 'so up there' that he can probably say the gayest shit ever on a track and it would still be hot"

Personally, I think he's right, it's fucking idiots that makes up the most idiotic words in a sentence and put a addictive beat and people will love it.

These rappers that think they're the best all the time will have that mindset that they can say anything and will still get money. Which is why they're songs are shit. With Cautions post, I agree completely, Eminem is actually putting effort into his lyrics, not just the beat.

skitzophranic
1 Jul 2009, 01:09pm
-Pop Goes Punk.
-Punk Goes Crunk.

Xtrm
1 Jul 2009, 11:06pm
west coast rap is on a respirator right now i dont think they can come back unless they switch there style up ( more lyrical and less trying to make Club/dance music )

Umm what? I think you mean the south. (Flo Rida, Soulja Boy, Wayne, T-Pain, etc.)

West is all about drugs and gangs. (Ice Cube, The Game, Dre, Snoop.)