PDA

View Full Version : Crackdown Review

Frostbyte
12 May 2009, 02:55pm
Requested by iScout.

Crackdown is an open-world crime fighting game with a twist. (An awesome one at that).

You play as a genetically enhanced super-cop-robo-cop kind of guy. There are about 10 or so character templates you can choose from. (No different in gameplay, just looks)

The twist is that you can level up various skills to make your character, simply put a
MOTHERFUCKING BEAST.

Those skills are:
Firearms (With higher skill, improves accuracy)
Driving (Better control with cars, with agency cars, they morph into batmobile like things at the highest skill)
Explosives (Highest skill Grenades = WTFBoom
Strength (Highest skill = Throwing Semi's about 50 yards.)
Agility (Highest skill: Turns you into the flash and makes you jump about 60 feet.)

All of these combined equal total win.

Anyhow..

Graphics: Cel shaded, decent looking, but gameplay is the selling point of this game.
Sound: Nothing soothes the senses like a massive car pile up and rocket launchers.
Gameplay: Fun no matter what, great time waster.

Crackdown also includes online CO-OP which doubles the insanity. Having 2 beefed up supercops with an armys worth of explosives and guns really cant fail, and it doesn't.

There really isnt much of a story mode, it pretty much boils down to you having to hunt down various gang warlords and eventually "cleaning up the city". But, still comeplete this mode, because you unlock "Keys to the City"

Keys to the City is pretty much a destruction on demand (Outfit reference anyone) button.
It brings up a menu of cars, weather changes, and god mode and all that jazz.

Bonus: CRACKDOWN ALSO COMES WITH THE HALO 3 BETA. ZOMG.

FightingRooster
13 May 2009, 05:18am
Great timing. I was going to buy this off of a friend today.

Thanks for the review. I think I'll pick it up!

Gumpy
13 May 2009, 07:46am
I have it and its a good game. It's a bit repetitive leveling up your skills though.

FightingRooster
16 May 2009, 12:46pm
I have it and its a good game. It's a bit repetitive leveling up your skills though.

I don't mind repetitive tbh.

I'm weird :o