PDA

View Full Version : Killing Floor

SpikedRocker
11 May 2009, 11:25am
I know a few of the higher ups and admins have pre-ordered this game but I want to know how many people have done so or plan to do so. Right now is the prime time buy as it is 25% off.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/1250/ Go check out the trailer and you will understand why so many people decided to buy this game.

So please vote and let us know if you have or plan to buy this game.

EDIT: For those want to see gameplay: http://www.moddb.com/mods/killing-floor/videos Its UT2004, but what the makers say they haven't changed much in how it plays. I think from this version to the stand-alone, the differences are the ablity to weld doors shut, "perks" and a few new zomb types. Through steam there will be achivements available. One that I heard of in a chat room was "Random Axe of Kindness" where you TK with the axe. :-D

Tcp-Kill
11 May 2009, 12:58pm
Game looks amazing, pre-orded and going to look to play with you noobs on friday!!! we need to get a big epic game going.

Itch
11 May 2009, 01:05pm
Not sure that I'd say it looks amazing.. but definitely looks good.

I'll probably buy it.. but don't know that I'll pre-order.

Tcp-Kill
11 May 2009, 01:28pm
Well, considering it was a UT2k4 mod, it looks awesome. Also, the price is dead cheap, so i would get ibtl!!

Gumpy
11 May 2009, 01:28pm
I'm too poor and lazy to buy it, so it's a no from me.

andre1028
11 May 2009, 02:11pm

It's about $14 USD right now. Which is about 11 euros lol.

Crimson
11 May 2009, 02:14pm
I bought it!

Can't wait for it. I like the whole Weld door idea.

Can't wait for it! This Thursday!

Psyche
11 May 2009, 02:21pm
Ill be sure to weld the door so obez cant get into out hiding spots.

Henrik
11 May 2009, 02:47pm
Im gonna buy it later this week

wonder why they unlock it on a wednesday

Jaffa
11 May 2009, 04:08pm
I would like to buy it, but i am saving money for my holiday at the end of the month. After that i will see

ninjaz1337
11 May 2009, 06:07pm
I preordered =) It's only 15 bucks and TWI is a GREAT developer, they actually help customers!!!!

CandleJack
11 May 2009, 06:23pm
Just gonna say there is a small chance this game may tank, yes the trailer looks good, but it doesn't really look that special

PotshotPolka
11 May 2009, 06:39pm
You know what? I'll preorder, I haven't had one of those "SAAAAAAVE RAVEN!!!!!! CHARGE!!!!" then pounce on a horde of zombies since ZPS. I'm up for it.

Could we get a private 33-66 tic server for this mebbe?

ninjaz1337
11 May 2009, 11:31pm
You know what? I'll preorder, I haven't had one of those "SAAAAAAVE RAVEN!!!!!! CHARGE!!!!" then pounce on a horde of zombies since ZPS. I'm up for it.

That would be friggen awesome. Best played with real life friends though.

Astrum
11 May 2009, 11:31pm
Just gonna say there is a small chance this game may tank, yes the trailer looks good, but it doesn't really look that special

May tank? This was a successful UT2k4 mod. The developers approached Tripwire Interactive (of Red Orchestra fame) to port it. TWI offered to help them make it stand-alone like they did with Red Orchestra.

Basically, it's already successful. Will it be financially successful? Considering it was a mod first then yes, any money they receive is icing on the cake at this point.

Don't quote me on this but I'm pretty sure it will have a proper dedicated server, i.e. not the crapfest dedicated server L4D provides. The maximum number of officially supported players per server is six, however I know in the last version of the mod you could have more. Whether they re-restricted this in the retail version or not I don't know.

I think we're planning on opening two. If they've made a retarded match making, community sharing pool of dedicated servers like L4D then we'll probably close the servers damn quick. Providing all is well this might be a pretty good game to expand to.

SpikedRocker
12 May 2009, 07:47am
I have been frequenting their forums for this. It looks very promising for getting a server. Many speculate it will work like RO cause of being ported by the same company and the offical ruling is 6 slot max, someone asked if it could be modded to surpass it but has not been replied to.

Red
12 May 2009, 09:43am
I Pray to the gods that they don't do the l4d multiplayer /lobby system of servers, then it's pointless to open your own server.

*Prays hard*

Crimson
12 May 2009, 11:47am
You can pre-load the game! Go Go Go!

SpikedRocker
12 May 2009, 11:57am
You can pre-load the game! Go Go Go!

Lies.....still sitting there saying yet to be released.

EDIT: nm....if you can't pre-load, restart steam.

Daze
12 May 2009, 12:02pm
Lies.....still sitting there saying yet to be released.

Double click on it :boxing:

PotshotPolka
12 May 2009, 01:10pm
Relatively small package, only takes like 30-40 minutes to DL.

andre1028
12 May 2009, 02:08pm
Relatively small package, only takes like 30-40 minutes to DL.

That's pretty much the length of my COH download.

*EDIT*

Big thanks to Daze for buying the game for me.

Frostbyte
12 May 2009, 02:13pm
I guess I pretty much have to get this. You kids these days. Lets hope andre can aim a gun better than he can fire a V1.

andre1028
12 May 2009, 02:32pm
I guess I pretty much have to get this. You kids these days. Lets hope andre can aim a gun better than he can fire a V1.

I traded my special aimbot for red's special armor.

Iron_Man
12 May 2009, 02:34pm
yeah this game looks AWSOME! im pre downlaoding it right this second! and liek TCP said we should get a match going down on friday!

SpikedRocker
12 May 2009, 02:51pm
File size for the Pre-Load was 1.69 GB
Map List

BioticsLab
Farm
Manor
Offices
WestLondon

Some background noises/music from in-game (at least what I am told)

MKU9v1HWfwE
Pq3braC55Ps
-G89dF8MlgE
FEEiJxYuyn4

Daze
12 May 2009, 02:52pm
Wow WestLondon, if that's anything like where I live I will be amazed!!

Dracula
12 May 2009, 02:53pm
I aint buyin till I see some vids ect.

SpikedRocker
12 May 2009, 03:13pm
I aint buyin till I see some vids ect.

That I am working on for you guys. One guy I talked to had a haxed version but the directx wasn't reading right. I added some music from in-game in my post above.

PotshotPolka
12 May 2009, 04:03pm
The graphics from the 2.5 version of the UT2004 version aren't comparable to this one's, its not quite as well made as L4D but its a far cry better than its original mod. I may reconcile with Tripwire because of this release.

Drox
12 May 2009, 05:30pm
Graphics look good, but the gameplay looks like it might flop.

Modgers1
12 May 2009, 07:48pm
Just bought it. Can't wait!

-Modgers

Movement
14 May 2009, 05:49pm

i agree there im not conviced to buy it if im not im ganna go get end war on my ps3

Loganator456
14 May 2009, 09:06pm
Welding doors shut? Awesome! I wish I could do that in other games, would help me with Survivor in L4D, lol.

Hopefully I can buy it soon.

FightingRooster
16 May 2009, 01:22pm
I want to buy it but CS eats my Graphics card for breakfast so after I get a new card, I'll get it!

Lefty
16 May 2009, 04:01pm
Got it last night, guys its worth it!

Bad Dog
16 May 2009, 06:55pm
PM me over steam to join mine and Hazards KF group, Killing Floor Squad Omega.

Dracula
16 May 2009, 07:10pm
PM me over steam to join mine and Hazards KF group, Killing Floor Squad Omega.

Nope never gunna Pm you.

Red
17 May 2009, 09:08am

YOU ARE WRONG !

PotshotPolka
17 May 2009, 09:32am
YOU ARE WRONG !
fleshpound hunting =win.

DaHaounD
17 May 2009, 01:55pm
i dont think the trailer is that good

connor
17 May 2009, 07:12pm

Me to but only the money part

Lux
19 May 2009, 01:53pm
Interested in 70 slot servers????

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/2562/loltrader.jpg

Think again.

Red
19 May 2009, 02:02pm

Think again.

Looks like fail

PotshotPolka
19 May 2009, 02:22pm
Not 70 but maybe a 10 man.

Bad Dog
19 May 2009, 05:53pm
Nope never gunna Pm you.

your mean :(. And the Fleshpound is the Facepalm IMO. Thats what I calls him

Scree :O
19 May 2009, 10:14pm
The Fleshpound should be more properly named the Facepound.They have too much HP and everything tends to start revolving around them when the show up, and if you don't want to enrage them, you will be forced to destroy them at an alarmingly slow rate.

The Scrake is a good enemy. I like them. Slow and ponderous, they walk towards you like Terminators and rush you the last couple of feet to slice you with their mighty chainsaw. Tough to kill, they require teamwork to bring them down.

The Siren is fucking annoying.

One more thing. Don't you just hate the blurred screen when the enemies hit you? I mean it's not like you go blind when people start hitting you. I have died one too many times because of that, being a dedicated sharpshooter (I'm always in the top 2) with my aim fucking up when this happens. A berserker doesn't mind. They can still hit with melee weapon + don't they get decrease bonuses?

James
20 May 2009, 04:33am

Think again.

I can see everyone of them getting 1000 ping from the LAG

Lux
20 May 2009, 06:36am
I can see everyone of them getting 1000 ping from the LAG

Suprisingly there wasn't any lag. :confused1:

XeNo
20 May 2009, 08:37am
The Fleshpound should be more properly named the Facepound.They have too much HP and everything tends to start revolving around them when the show up, and if you don't want to enrage them, you will be forced to destroy them at an alarmingly slow rate.

The Scrake is a good enemy. I like them. Slow and ponderous, they walk towards you like Terminators and rush you the last couple of feet to slice you with their mighty chainsaw. Tough to kill, they require teamwork to bring them down.

The Siren is fucking annoying.

One more thing. Don't you just hate the blurred screen when the enemies hit you? I mean it's not like you go blind when people start hitting you. I have died one too many times because of that, being a dedicated sharpshooter (I'm always in the top 2) with my aim fucking up when this happens. A berserker doesn't mind. They can still hit with melee weapon + don't they get decrease bonuses?
Yes, heaven forbid if something was hard to kill. I can solo a Scrake even on hard, so they're not entirely a team-work boss.

Sirens are really easy as a sharpshooter, just hit them in the head two or three times.

The screen moving when you get hit is actually pretty realistic...If something rams into you or bites you, you don't stand perfectly motionless, there's that whole shove-off-while-trying-to-pull-away tactic that is natural reaction.

And that blinking red screen is probably just there to warn you that you're about to die.