PDA

View Full Version : help..my steam account

Pew Pew squad Jon
11 Nov 2007, 03:19pm
Not sure if this is the right place to post but if its not i'm sure someone can move it.

I am having trouble with my steam account. First of all i was using a buddies steam account but i cannot login because i forgot his passoword and secret answer or whatever because i deleted my cookies... so i guess i'm fucked. So now i just created a new steam account and its now saying its having trouble connecting to steam...hmm any ideas why? does anyone else have a steam account that they wouldnt mind giving away?

I would really applicate any help

pew pew squad Jon

Pew Pew squad Jon
11 Nov 2007, 04:30pm
ok i just reinstalled counter strike and steam. I got a new account and everything but when i press purchase counter strike it goes to the login window and when i try to type in my passoword a window comes up and says "steam is having trouble connecting to the steam servers". hmm maybe because i ddint purchase it yet? thats what i'm trying to do. Please someone help me.

Zero001
11 Nov 2007, 04:43pm
You have to actually own the game or at least have a Steam ID with a purchased copy of the game on it, like the one your friend let you borrow.

Pew Pew squad Jon
11 Nov 2007, 04:55pm
i have the account name but forgot the password because i deleted my cookies. and i'm no longer friends with him.

I created a new account with an account name and i want to purchase counter strike online....but i dont know how because whe i click on purchase it goes right to the login window and then syasy hat stupid message saying it cannot connect to the servers...HELP

Pew Pew squad Jon
11 Nov 2007, 07:42pm
i guess no1 knows :(

Shoelace
11 Nov 2007, 09:19pm
If by "my friend gave me" do you mean "I stole"?

Pew Pew squad Jon
11 Nov 2007, 11:12pm
yes but he was a mean friend and he never plays so.

Zero001
11 Nov 2007, 11:25pm
Go to steampowered.com or anywhere they sell CS:S and buy it. You should get a new account with it and you'll legally have your own copy & Steam ID.

Matt.
11 Nov 2007, 11:47pm
Umm... I wouldn't ask if someone would give away their steam account because that brings up suspicion.

And I don't know whats wrong...

pie man
12 Nov 2007, 02:53am
my old steam acc did that i had it for like 1 year and one day i log in and i have to re buy 5 games :/ anyways contact the people from steam they will be able to help if you haev the box and code =] hope this helped.

Silent
12 Nov 2007, 07:45am
yes but he was a mean friend and he never plays so.

Did you try actually buying the game yet?

Pew Pew squad Jon
12 Nov 2007, 11:40am
ok thanks guys,

where abouts in steampowered website can you buy it? you have a link i can go too? no i didnt buy the game yet i dont think. i was using a buddies account but then lost password etc.. (seriously i just gave him the account bak). i tried to purchase the game on steam for 20 dollars or whatever but then it brought me to the login window and yeah i got the window message. I just sent steam a message to help me out. my account name is not my email address... could that be the problem?

thanks for all your help guys...means a lot.

Slavic
12 Nov 2007, 12:21pm
Thats why when you get a friends account, you CHANGE THE PASSWORD.

The account I have I got from a friend of mine a few years ago, but I wasn't gonna make myself remember his stupid password.

Pew Pew squad Jon
12 Nov 2007, 07:25pm
i didnt change the password but i never typed the password everyday. it was automatic but a few days ago it wasnt and yeah it asked me for a secret answer. but anyways do i need a email address for my account name or can i just make anything up