10 May 2009, 10:31am
i think that little kids talk way to much on the mic and its very annoying

we need to do something about this

Iron_Man
10 May 2009, 10:36am
lol you posted 3 times? and tbh there aint alot that can be done about this. ^^

tank40175
10 May 2009, 10:44am
We have rules in place for mic spamming. If you think they are, then contact Admin, or get a demo with SS of ID, and post it in player complaint section. Know that an Admin is not just going to ban right away, but if it is excessive then it will get taken care of.

Jaffa
10 May 2009, 10:47am
I find it ok as long as they don't spam their mic. I ahve no problem with younger players using mics, just as long as they don't overuse them

opium101
10 May 2009, 10:51am
sometimes i can get really annoyed because they talk too much and if ur like talking to someoen else they just intteruppt u and start talking really loud but some kids are ok

Svendy
10 May 2009, 10:53am
as long as it aint mic spamming there is really nothing we can do, but you can mute him in the player list

Mystique
10 May 2009, 11:01am
Like the other said, if it's not mic spamming, nothing much can be done.

The only thing that you can do is mute them yourself in the playerlist.

Farmer Mick
10 May 2009, 11:14am
we used to have a rule in place for this im all for it being re-introduced

CandleJack
10 May 2009, 11:15am
i think that little kids talk way to much on the mic and its very annoying

we need to do something about this

did u really just post this

Dracula
10 May 2009, 11:58am
I just yell at them to SHUT THE FUCK UP.

Drox
10 May 2009, 12:00pm
did u really just post this

Win? lol

andre1028
10 May 2009, 01:54pm
Whatever happened to this? http://www.steamgamers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2875

Toxin
10 May 2009, 03:01pm
Just leave them alone, they might even be older than you just having a higher voice.
Remember to never mute people on servers like PB.

SpikedRocker
10 May 2009, 03:07pm
Whatever happened to this? http://www.steamgamers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2875

Must have been gone a long time...cause i don't even remember this, aka, before my time.

Shadowex3
10 May 2009, 05:59pm
Because people don't have the self control to just leave it alone and they will go out of their way to continually insult, demean, and harass anyone with a high voice.

Cranks
11 May 2009, 12:33am
Grow up.

They have as much right to use a microphone as we do. With that said why would we want to stop them?

Sure there can be times when you find an annoying person but that's what the player mute list is for.

Simon [I R JAWZ]
11 May 2009, 04:46am
i got a saying about little kids using there mic's to often... anoying

Mikey
11 May 2009, 05:24am
yea you should just yell at them, it works for me.

Svendy
11 May 2009, 07:26am
Must have been gone a long time...cause i don't even remember this, aka, before my time.

it was started by henda, so i can only be old.
i think it generaly would have a negative effect by diffrenciating by age, we've all been young once.
ban/kick reason: little kid talking in his mic?

XeNo
11 May 2009, 08:20am
we used to have a rule in place for this im all for it being re-introduced
LOL.

it was started by henda, so i can only be old.
i think it generaly would have a negative effect by diffrenciating by age, we've all been young once.
ban/kick reason: little kid talking in his mic?
ZM was a different place than what you're used to now. They had ban reason: Stupid as well.

As for little kids talking on the mic, if you yell at them and threaten to ban them they are quiet even if you had no intention of following through.

As for the people saying 'player mute', player mute doesn't work on zombie servers. Hence probably why we had a ban rule in place before.

Jazz
11 May 2009, 08:31am
sometimes i can get really annoyed because they talk too much and if ur like talking to someoen else they just intteruppt u and start talking really loud but some kids are ok

yea you should just yell at them, it works for me.

Grow up.

They have as much right to use a microphone as we do. With that said why would we want to stop them?

Sure there can be times when you find an annoying person but that's what the player mute list is for.

Everyone has different conclusions. mine is,.. yeah just yell at them if they are 'RREALLY annoying.

Neo
11 May 2009, 09:31am

no you

Red
11 May 2009, 10:38am
if they're mic spamming tell them to stfu.

otherwise kids can talk, just not spam.

Bethy
11 May 2009, 10:38am
Grow up.

QFT.

Harbor
11 May 2009, 11:00am
thats why player mute was invented

Dracula
11 May 2009, 12:47pm
Player mute my ass once you get it on the zombie servers mabey it will be usefull.

(von dutch) delta force 8
11 May 2009, 01:03pm
Just ask it politely if you start yelling at them 90% of the kids will react in a negative way, but when asked nicely the often show majority and talk less for a period of time, THEY'RE PEOPLE YOU KNOW... just smaller :p

Huwajux
11 May 2009, 01:30pm
I don't understand the problem with little kids talking on their mic. They have as much right to talk as anyone else, and if someone is complaining about it and start to insult the kid, then it is them I mute; not the child.

To avoid any future conflict over this issue is there any way in which the in-game mute can work? I'm not sure as to why it is broken in the first place.

Shadowex3
11 May 2009, 01:50pm
The way I put it is thusly: "We're not annoyed because you're young, you're pissing us off because you have spent FIVE SOLID MINUTES saying random stupid shit nobody cares about."

Huwajux
11 May 2009, 02:35pm
The way I put it is thusly: "We're not annoyed because you're young, you're pissing us off because you have spent FIVE SOLID MINUTES saying random stupid shit nobody cares about."
You can't generalise that for everyone. Most people just get annoyed because of the kid's high pitched voice and begin insulting the child because of it. This is a problem and a solution needs to be sorted out to avoid this type of conflict among players.

Dracula
11 May 2009, 02:37pm
IDC if hes young as long as he isnt annoying as fuck when he talks.

Huwajux
11 May 2009, 02:57pm
IDC if hes young as long as he isnt annoying as fuck when he talks.
^^^^

You see?

PingPong
11 May 2009, 03:38pm
OMG i was just thinking about this. Some kids can be AFULLY annoying also when they try to act all tough. When my mic wasnt broken i would just keep yelling at those types of "kids" but some are kids that use there mic are actually really cool and not annoying. It depends on your perspective and how the the kid is acting. If kids/young teens werent aloud to use mics it would be a shame.

Shadowex3
11 May 2009, 06:45pm
You can't generalise that for everyone. Most people just get annoyed because of the kid's high pitched voice and begin insulting the child because of it. This is a problem and a solution needs to be sorted out to avoid this type of conflict among players.

I agree, and I think rather than condone and enable prejudicial and downright petty behavior the better solution would be to tell them to shut up or fuck off and actually start enforcing mic spamming rules.

I spent black mesa and helicopter yesterday listening to 2 people make high pitched humming and moaning noises into the microphone at the top of their lungs for literally 30 straight minutes while R3d did fuck all other than threaten them over and over and over again in Greenchat without ever actually DOING anything and wondering out loud why they weren't stopping.

How is the family guy pedophile voice any different from your average 13 year old's voice? They're both high pitched only one of them tends to actually say legitimate things, like "there's a zombie behind you!" while the other is just "HUMMMMMM OOOOOH HUM HUM HUM WOULD YOU LIKE SOME CANDY" over and over again.

What makes one prohibitable while the other isnt? The answer is the person behind it, and that's why it's an unacceptable answer.

PingPong
11 May 2009, 07:17pm
I agree, and I think rather than condone and enable prejudicial and downright petty behavior the better solution would be to tell them to shut up or fuck off and actually start enforcing mic spamming rules.

I spent black mesa and helicopter yesterday listening to 2 people make high pitched humming and moaning noises into the microphone at the top of their lungs for literally 30 straight minutes while R3d did fuck all other than threaten them over and over and over again in Greenchat without ever actually DOING anything and wondering out loud why they weren't stopping.

How is the family guy pedophile voice any different from your average 13 year old's voice? They're both high pitched only one of them tends to actually say legitimate things, like "there's a zombie behind you!" while the other is just "HUMMMMMM OOOOOH HUM HUM HUM WOULD YOU LIKE SOME CANDY" over and over again.

What makes one prohibitable while the other isnt? The answer is the person behind it, and that's why it's an unacceptable answer.

Agreed, It is enforced if its a person with a really loud mic or theyre playing music but not for things like you just stated.

Shadowex3
11 May 2009, 10:17pm
Yeah, it's not an indictment of R3d or anything (told him to his face I disagreed anyway) it's to point out that the problem here is not really the voice so much as the immediate nerd-rage against whose behind it and that the only genuine problem would be in the case of spam, but that would only really occur once they see just how much it's tolerated.... until they do it.

Consistency and swiftness in genuinely applying the standards of the community would effectively solve the problem. Go back to making racism and instant perm ban like it used to be and others won't keep doing it too, hold admins to a high standard of conduct in general and in general as a byproduct there will be less abuse and so on.

Some things just lead to others readily.

Delirium
20 May 2009, 08:00am
Its not your Place to decide who can talk on the mic and who cant, they have just as much of a right to talk on their mic as you do, in case you forgot, like you they bought the game and the mic, or had their parents do it for them, and have a valid steam account as you do. if you dont like them talking mute them buddy.

Dracula
20 May 2009, 12:50pm
Its not your Place to decide who can talk on the mic and who cant, they have just as much of a right to talk on their mic as you do, in case you forgot, like you they bought the game and the mic, or had their parents do it for them, and have a valid steam account as you do. if you dont like them talking mute them buddy.

Jsus christ all you tards saying mute must not know that we cant, but seeing as most of those people cant seem to read either it dosent matter. Also they do not have as much of a right simply because they dont own the Steam account nor the game. It would be impossible do to its rating [Now there are some people with sqeeky voices that are old enough but they are no wheres near a majority]. So they do not legally own the game they are playing their parents do.

Huwajux
20 May 2009, 01:43pm
Jsus christ all you tards saying mute must not know that we cant, but seeing as most of those people cant seem to read either it dosent matter. Also they do not have as much of a right simply because they dont own the Steam account nor the game. It would be impossible do to its rating [Now there are some people with sqeeky voices that are old enough but they are no wheres near a majority]. So they do not legally own the game they are playing their parents do.
Regardless, the point has been made that harassment aimed towards this kids is not going to be tolerated.

Dracula
20 May 2009, 02:45pm
Regardless, the point has been made that harassment aimed towards this kids is not going to be tolerated.

Regardless its going to happen.:yawn:

Huwajux
20 May 2009, 03:39pm
Regardless its going to happen.:yawn:
Your point?

Dracula
20 May 2009, 04:09pm
Your point?

That it dosent matter what you say, they will be harrased its just the way things are.

Huwajux
21 May 2009, 04:25am
That it dosent matter what you say, they will be harrased its just the way things are.
I see, it is clear that this kind of thing is inevitable, but it will not be allowed and as a result punishments will be issued.

Dracula
21 May 2009, 05:54am
I see, it is clear that this kind of thing is inevitable, but it will not be allowed and as a result punishments will be issued.

By you, but I dought very many admins will strictly enforce it, most likely they will do the right thing and mute the kid.

Huwajux
21 May 2009, 07:24am
By you, but I dought very many admins will strictly enforce it, most likely they will do the right thing and mute the kid.
Almost every admin I've come across who has been put in this situation tells everyone to stfu and stop being a dick to the kid.

Huwajux
21 May 2009, 01:37pm
I really hope this thread is locked soon, Dracula's ego is beginning to engulf it...

Blastoise
21 May 2009, 02:24pm
TL;DR

The last time I checked, Counter-Strike: Source was rated M+, meaning that in order to lawfully purchase and play the video game you must be 17 years of age or older.

Enforcing a "no little kids" rule is not only impossible, but ill-conceived. We should remind those certain under age players that just because they have a mic does not mean they are entitled to use it every bloody 5 seconds. Trust me, I can empathize with the original poster's argument; little ignorant fucks blasting their squeals on the mic is definitely a nuisance to serious gaming. However, we must be willing to give warnings before we completely bastardize the rules and say "no little kids on the mic".

My opinion > yours. Do with it what you will.

http://www.kidslearnfromplay.com/wordmatch/zhiying/pokemon/9blastoise.png
Blastoise

andre1028
21 May 2009, 02:28pm
TL;DR

The last time I checked, Counter-Strike: Source was rated M+, meaning that in order to lawfully purchase and play the video game you must be 17 years of age or older.

Last time I checked the ESRB was a guideline and didn't restrict games with their ratings according to law. Many major video game retailers do have a policy that restrict employees to sell inappropriate games to videogame "minors" but there isn't a policy against buying the game for "minors" and letting them play it. If that was a law a large fraction of entertainment sales would be gone. I'm pretty sure under age (as in under Rated M in age) players make up a sizable population of the multiplayer world.

Blastoise
21 May 2009, 02:33pm
Last time I checked the ESRB was a guideline and didn't restrict games with their ratings according to law. Many major video game retailers do have a policy that restrict employees to sell inappropriate games to videogame "minors" but there isn't a policy against buying the game for "minors" and letting them play it. If that was a law a large fraction of entertainment sales would be gone. I'm pretty sure under age (as in under Rated M in age) players make up a sizable population of the multiplayer world.

Enforcing a "no little kids" rule is not only impossible, but ill-conceived.
I thought I cleared up any misconceptions. Apparently I did not. Nice. :clap:

Shadowex3
21 May 2009, 04:54pm

Blastoise

So, between this and the smarter-than-you thing in the Nigg[A/ER] argument and overall smartass attitude who wants to start a betting pool on how much longer Blastoise will be with us?

Delirium
22 May 2009, 07:13am
3 weeks tops

DoubleSb
22 May 2009, 11:54am

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i27/superbleeder12/Objection.jpg

Italian Jew
22 May 2009, 12:03pm
I thought I cleared up any misconceptions. Apparently I did not. Nice. :clap:

No you didn't. Let's look at your post.

TL;DR

Enforcing a "no little kids" rule is not only impossible, but ill-conceived. We should remind those certain under age players that just because they have a mic does not mean they are entitled to use it every bloody 5 seconds. Trust me, I can empathize with the original poster's argument; little ignorant fucks blasting their squeals on the mic is definitely a nuisance to serious gaming. However, we must be willing to give warnings before we completely bastardize the rules and say "no little kids on the mic".

Blastoise

You start off by saying kids are not allowed to play the game because they are under 17.

Andre was commenting on the first part of your post stating that the ESRB ratings were only guidelines, thereby making your first point absolutely worthless. Your second point mentions how it wouldn't be right to not allow kids the right to talk. There is no problem with that, but you seem to disagree with yourself in your post. You first mention how it is "illegal" (when it actually isn't) for kids to be playing, yet you support kids being able to speak, but at a sort of restrictive level where they are not annoying anybody.

Your opinion is not greater as it disagrees with itself. Maybe it is because you confuse yourself with pretending to know things or not checking up on things before they escape your mind. Either way, stop acting like an ass when you aren't even familiar with the topics being presented. At least have ONE solid opinion on the matter rather than challenging it a sentence or two later.

And by the way, you aren't much of a Blastoise. You are about as useful as a Magikarp with the way you present yourself. That's right, a Pokemon diss. I went there!

Delirium
22 May 2009, 12:12pm
I agree with jew, no contradicting yourself in one post. wait atleast 5 or 6. Also on the Magikarp statement. also this thread is completly pointless now.

DoubleSb
22 May 2009, 12:13pm
IJ Just won.

Huwajux
22 May 2009, 12:42pm
That's right, a Pokemon diss. I went there!
That sealed the deal for me. +rep4lyfe

broncoty
23 May 2009, 01:47pm
Never thought I would agree with IJ.

Huwajux
23 May 2009, 02:02pm
Never thought I would agree with IJ.
I think he scared him off.

DoubleSb
23 May 2009, 04:56pm

I second that.

PingPong
23 May 2009, 09:27pm

I second that.

I third that

Shadowex3
23 May 2009, 10:05pm
Motion passed, now onto more pressing business. There is a bill on the table proposing the recognition of a general fondness of mudkips.

Blastoise
28 May 2009, 11:00pm
http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/1/19/Arguing-on-the-internet.jpg

Caution
28 May 2009, 11:12pm
http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/1/19/Arguing-on-the-internet.jpg

Bumping threads to get the last word in on it is pretty retarded in my book as well. Good job, you've now successfully become a troll. :thumb: