PDA

View Full Version : VIP Napalm idea

Frostbyte
9 May 2009, 10:31pm
Well, I have seen the idea/concept of a VIP Napalm being tossed around in various threads. If we were to get one, I think this setup could work pretty well.

Give the VIP a para (no autosniper for obvious reasons)
Speed increase, but still enough to crouch jump.
Maybe a server-sided skin?

I have also been thinking about a VIP zombie idea. I think it could work if:
- The VIP zombie had some sort of indication that he/she was VIP
- Have the VIP zombie be able to use the !zmenu (most likely anklebiter, pred, or big doom thing)
- Have the VIP zombie be one of the 2 starters
- Have the VIP ability pass on once it has been killed (zombie)

For example.

Frostbyte x Atlas (vip zombie)
VIP ability passes on to a random zombie that is alive.

Remember, this is just an idea.

Silentfaith
9 May 2009, 11:30pm
Personally, i'd rather not bring a VIP into Napalm, there is no need for it, I don't think it would be fair, its a cool thought, but it would ruin the game

tank40175
9 May 2009, 11:39pm
I like the idea, but can see gameplay going sour after some fail VIP's. Never thought of a Zombie VIP before, and this could be fun if it can pass at random, like as he infects humans. Make it where humans have to kill him to win. BUT....This could be fail as well if he just hides away untill time runs out.

Red
9 May 2009, 11:49pm
A vip human would be interesting.

SATAN
10 May 2009, 12:12am
I like the idea, but can see gameplay going sour after some fail VIP's.

I dont think he meant that the zombies win once they get the VIP.

tank40175
10 May 2009, 01:39am
Maybe not, but then what would the point of even having one then? Sounds like a smartass question, but really it's not. Just wanting to understand fully exactly what is being proposed.

Gumpy
10 May 2009, 03:31am
No, it would the ruin the chances of anyone having an epic battle as the last humans alive because the noob vip died first. VIP escape is ok because everyone is going in the same direction (more or less) to the same place and so people can provide black up to the vip. Everyone splits up in napalm into two's and three's and with little or no support and every zombie targeting the vip first rounds wouldn't last two minutes. It's a nice idea, but I can't see it working. :/

Silentfaith
10 May 2009, 10:12am
No, it would the ruin the chances of anyone having an epic battle as the last humans alive because the noob vip died first. VIP escape is ok because everyone is going in the same direction (more or less) to the same place and so people can provide black up to the vip. Everyone splits up in napalm into two's and three's and with little or no support and every zombie targeting the vip first rounds wouldn't last two minutes. It's a nice idea, but I can't see it working. :/

QFT

andre1028
10 May 2009, 10:16am
I think VIP zombie would be nice. VIP human shouldn't cause the whole team to lose when dead, maybe some sort of mass team punishment? (Slower run speed for team losing VIP? Health Deduction? Ammo Deduction? Weapon Drop? Freezing? Partial Blindness? )

andre1028
10 May 2009, 10:17am
hmm double post

Jaffa
10 May 2009, 10:57am
its a nice idea, but i don't really want to see the server being fiddled with when we are still trying to make it popular

CandleJack
10 May 2009, 11:23am
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y290/xero2k5/Random/1189901231346.jpg

Neo
10 May 2009, 12:35pm
http://img105.imageshack.us/img105/1341/1193838025470pd4.jpg

Spjerre
10 May 2009, 12:57pm
I love the VIP Zombie idea. But as far as I know napalm is a camp server. Not alot of running needed. If the VIP thing could be changed so when the VIP dies it isn't total lose for humans.

Counter idea:
- VIP Human spawns randomly after the zombies have spawned.
- VIP Human get's a para and deagle (or nothing or dulies or something else)
- When VIP dies humans can't win by time anymore. Only option is to kill the zombies or then not win.
- The VIP zombie has more health less grav or more speed less health. Come with more ideas for options. (Also sign of that its VIP)
- Now this one is unsecure but i think it would be awesome. If the VIP zombie had a scream (like the one wraith got in gmod zombie mod). Basicly shakes screen for near humans. (Not sure if we even can make this. Maybe Svendy could work on it)
- Some as the other one. Zombie VIP spawns once again after the old one has died.

Give your opinion please!

trivium159
11 May 2009, 09:47am
I love the VIP Zombie idea. But as far as I know napalm is a camp server. Not alot of running needed. If the VIP thing could be changed so when the VIP dies it isn't total lose for humans.

Counter idea:
- VIP Human spawns randomly after the zombies have spawned.
- VIP Human get's a para and deagle (or nothing or dulies or something else)
- When VIP dies humans can't win by time anymore. Only option is to kill the zombies or then not win.
- The VIP zombie has more health less grav or more speed less health. Come with more ideas for options. (Also sign of that its VIP)
- Now this one is unsecure but i think it would be awesome. If the VIP zombie had a scream (like the one wraith got in gmod zombie mod). Basicly shakes screen for near humans. (Not sure if we even can make this. Maybe Svendy could work on it)
- Some as the other one. Zombie VIP spawns once again after the old one has died.

i like the ideas

Dracula
11 May 2009, 12:48pm
No.

Frostbyte
11 May 2009, 01:00pm
Its not to replace the originial Napalm, jeez. Second, its just an idea, so being faggots about it is really just pointless.

Dracula
11 May 2009, 01:01pm
Its not to replace the originial Napalm, jeez. Second, its just an idea, so being faggots about it is really just pointless.

Some ones mad we dont like his bad idea.

Frostbyte
11 May 2009, 01:07pm
Some ones mad we dont like his bad idea.

Im not mad, I could care less. I was just bringing something myself and others have talked about.

cakeshark
11 May 2009, 01:14pm
... every cader strives to be the last cade standing. having a vip would most likely fail everyone every time.

Neji
11 May 2009, 01:47pm
A vip human would be interesting.

That^^

Silentfaith
11 May 2009, 03:34pm
It is interesting BUT, if either of the following are the results added by the VIP dieing you can say Goodbye NAPALM.

1. VIP Dies, Round Restarts (DONT DO IT)
2. VIP Dies, Time Stops(Survivors Must Hunt)<<(DONT DO IT), alot of players play to survive the time not to hunt the zombies.

PingPong
11 May 2009, 05:45pm
im a true napalm player. I like the idea but this would 100% ruin napalm.

XeNo
11 May 2009, 05:48pm
This would fail, mainly cause no 'team punishment' is worthy enough, and because Zombies would just check all cades for the vip and then all gang up on one cade leaving everyone else alone.

PingPong
11 May 2009, 05:54pm
The reason i play napalm is because you have the *Choice* of teamwork but i choose to cade and stay alone unless its people i trust because i hate noobs that get you killed by peaking and stupid shit like that. xeno is also right on the ganging up. Napalm should stay way it is.

Dracula
11 May 2009, 05:55pm
The reason i play napalm is because you have the *Choice* of teamwork but i choose to cade and stay alone unless its people i tust because i hate noobs that get you killed by peaking and stupid shit like that. xeno is also right on the ganging up. Napalm should stay way it is.

QFT

Crimson
11 May 2009, 06:29pm
With our new dedi, we really should be testing new servers out.

I'm giving my SUPPORT on this idea.

msyrupftw
23 Jun 2009, 10:35pm
if its going to be a seperate server than napalm, then this could get interesting.
hunt down zombies after vip dies instead of waiting for round to be over or you lose
what is the point of a vip zombie? theres no point in the extra speed cuz humans wont be escaping to anywhere, and the low grav would just kock you back od far if u get hit.
but the skin/ability thing seems nice

chaoslee12
24 Jun 2009, 07:31am
I think it could be a great Idea if done properlly its worth a try everything is atleast worth a try.

Longwave
24 Jun 2009, 11:16am
With our new dedi, we really should be testing new servers out.

I'm giving my SUPPORT on this idea.

^^^ this