View Full Version : Crank 2

Frostbyte
8 May 2009, 04:43pm
Just....no.

Summary: Zombie who shocks himself.

Saved you 7-10 dollars.

Daze
8 May 2009, 05:24pm
Downloaded a R5 Rip, might watch it tonight. Would never have paid to see it.

Elleon
8 May 2009, 08:40pm
Downloaded a R5 Rip, might watch it tonight. Would never have payed to see it.

Don't watch it Daze, you will only hurt yourself in the end! I hope my message gets to you in time....

GrayFox
8 May 2009, 09:47pm
Crank 2 was one of the best action movies I've seen in a while. The scenes are just so outrageous and the dialogue isn't half bad either. 4/5

Elleon
8 May 2009, 10:12pm
Crank 2 was one of the best action movies I've seen in a while. The scenes are just so outrageous and the dialogue isn't half bad either. 4/5

Seriously?

The movie didn't make any sense half the time. Are you serious? None of that dialogue was amusing, none of the antics, props, storyline, ending, plot, sci-fi stretch to bring him back a second time..nothing. I don't know what movie you saw, but Crank: High Voltage was an obviously terrible movie. Why do you think it only made perhaps 13 mil at the box office?

Really?

GrayFox
9 May 2009, 06:39am
Seriously?

The movie didn't make any sense half the time. Are you serious? None of that dialogue was amusing, none of the antics, props, storyline, ending, plot, sci-fi stretch to bring him back a second time..nothing. I don't know what movie you saw, but Crank: High Voltage was an obviously terrible movie. Why do you think it only made perhaps 13 mil at the box office?

Really?

Hey why don't you not flame me for every movie review I do? No one likes a troll who tries to harass others with different opinions.

Daze
9 May 2009, 06:41am
Don't watch it Daze, you will only hurt yourself in the end! I hope my message gets to you in time....

I think I'm going to at least try and watch it and see what it's like, I wont be expecting much though!

Wrathek
9 May 2009, 07:43am
i think the people that don't like it went expecting something they shouldn't have. the very PREMISE of the movie is that it was going to be more outrageous/ridiculous than the first. It was supposed to be gratuitous and stupid.

To put it short, it was fucking hilarious.

Elleon
10 May 2009, 12:47am
Hey why don't you not flame me for every movie review I do? No one likes a troll who tries to harass others with different opinions.

You are one out of the dozens I disagree with; need to get over yourself, mere coincidence and nothing else. If you feel like you are being harrassed because others disagree with you, perhaps avoiding public threads that relate to media and art would be a good step. People look for reviews, and typically debating the subject is better than the one liners such as "oh it's good, no real details, but story was epic".

i think the people that don't like it went expecting something they shouldn't have. the very PREMISE of the movie is that it was going to be more outrageous/ridiculous than the first. It was supposed to be gratuitous and stupid.

To put it short, it was fucking hilarious.

I pretty much knew what was in store the second I figured out they were making a sequel, this is why I initially expected it to bomb, which to no real surprise, did without fail. It was fairly obvious this movie was going to be far more outrageous when realising they are bringing back a guy who freefell thousands upon thousands of feet from a helicopter.

You can always make a sequel more outrageous/ridiculous than the first, but making it better is by far more difficult. In Crank 2, the scenes that were suppose to be good were predictable and the rest were mere piss and fart jokes, or in the most abundant, gay.

It was unimaginative, playing on the same exact concept as the last and using the same exact disalogue and characters as the last. This was their intention of course, but in the longrun, it never acutally brought anything new to the table, merely repetition. You can laugh the first time, but a joke gets old after awhile.

Seeing that they made room for a third installment only adds to my point. How stupid is it going to be when we have to see Chelios running around the city snatching fresh skin or god knows what to keep himself alive. That would be more ridiculous than the last right? = good?

Dante
10 May 2009, 12:54am
Even thou Elleon i've seen you say no to like most of the newer movies (ps you should actually be a movie critic) but i'm still going to watch it becasue it looks awesome noone else can convince me different.

Daze
16 May 2009, 09:36am
Just watched it, fucking ridiculous plot that I have no idea how it got financially backed. Good action though.

Lefty
16 May 2009, 12:53pm
The ending was HORRIBLE. Never got to finish the story, i was kind of pissed.

FightingRooster
16 May 2009, 02:21pm
I knew it'd be crap. Typical shoot 'em up with a crappy twist.