PDA

View Full Version : Bhop

JamaicanRoll
8 May 2009, 10:53am
hello guys ... why arent there any SG bhop server? :(

Huwajux
8 May 2009, 01:06pm
This is probably because bhop servers tend to be quite vacant most of the time and only have a few people on throughout the day. It's seen to be more of a passive server and as such is not considered to be a positive use of resources.

Dracula
8 May 2009, 01:06pm
hello guys ... why arent there any SG bhop server? :(

Why would we want one?

DoubleSb
8 May 2009, 01:40pm
Didn't we have one before?
And what Huwa said.

Crimson
8 May 2009, 01:56pm
We had one, which was empty 24/7.

Trogdor
8 May 2009, 02:05pm
I agree with Huwa. Drac, bhop/trikz can be fun. Just tough to get a popular server going.

Drox
8 May 2009, 03:48pm
Not everyone knows how to bhop also. :O

Trogdor
8 May 2009, 03:52pm
Not everyone knows how to bhop also. :O

Not very hard to learn the basics. Fun to progress - good part of bhop. Gets harder as you go so you accomplish levels as you improve until you beat it.

Dracula
8 May 2009, 03:55pm
It wont help at all, were trying to populate Naplm and having a server that wont last at all [costing us money], wont bring in more people then mabey a FEW and I stress few, and it takes away population from our others when we should be working on those.

Trogdor
8 May 2009, 04:57pm
It wont help at all, were trying to populate Naplm and having a server that wont last at all [costing us money], wont bring in more people then mabey a FEW and I stress few, and it takes away population from our others when we should be working on those.

True, I agree.

PingPong
8 May 2009, 10:18pm
bhop is a type of server which is used to build skill in bhopping, most of the time those types of servers RARELY have a good amount of people. Would be awaste of resources

Jazz
9 May 2009, 05:07am
I would NEVER go to the bhop server! cuz i suck at it.

Spartan
9 May 2009, 06:50am
The simple fact is, most people like bhop servers to be empty (like myself) because the less people on them, the more you get to practice without arseholes jumping on the block youre trying to jump on and just being greedy. Even if the servers full, there is no real element of teamplay, only fun for yourself and once you beat the map u want it to change while all the people who havnt finished it want to keep playing.

Not everyone knows how to bhop.

Our servers are 66 tick, making a bhop server almost useless. I asked hagg to add bhop/trikz map to climb but the tick would then need to be changed to 100, and because the dedicated servers all run on 66 tick, they all run smoothly and dont make a fuss. That was the only alternative i could think of rather than just having a single bhop server dedicated to bhopping but i guess youll just have to bhop on all the other bhop servers out there.

SATAN
9 May 2009, 08:03am
I hop on random bhop servers when i feel like bhopping, but most of them are always close to empty, those servers are just not meant to be full.

Our servers are 66 tick
Our Dust2 server is 100 tick...

Spartan
9 May 2009, 11:28am
the dedi that climb runs with then....

FightingRooster
10 May 2009, 09:06am
the dedi that climb runs with then....

Not like you really need the practice bhopping... ;)

Meh. I'd like the bhop server, but it won't do any good for SG. A server thats only fun when empty isn't good for any community.

Minigames will work for now :P

Maxwelldon
11 May 2009, 12:58am
Honest, we Had a bhop server but it failed due to minor popularity issues.. If we'd get mods similar to one Bhop server I know.. it would bring up the comtetitive spirit of getting best times on the server on map completion.
At least I've liked to try beat my best times on almost all maps :toung:

Tho yea, this is yet another thing tha Could be suggested but it would require quite a bit of support from whole lot of people in order to work.

JamaicanRoll
12 May 2009, 09:21am
you had one? zomg i would be on it 24/7

JamaicanRoll
12 May 2009, 09:22am
i haz to play on Aoki bhop server all the time and there are some rasists there...

Frostbyte
13 May 2009, 12:12am
Some people just dont like zipping through maps like heroin addicted chipmunks.

Noobster
13 May 2009, 05:41am
yah we had a bhop server was ok at first but then it died lol. now i just go to random servers as well but it gets pretty boring in like 15 minutes

Maxwelldon
13 May 2009, 04:16pm
i haz to play on Aoki bhop server all the time and there are some rasists there...
Same here, that the server I go to bhop usually. Tho don't paste IP due to advertising rules.

Some people just dont like zipping through maps like heroin addicted chipmunks.
But it's so cool, it's so cool - Race it all over and through!
Tho, to me at least your reply seemed rather rude.. =P

Movement
13 May 2009, 05:32pm
i miss the trix server D=, anyways bhop wont benifit the community. Plus our once always full server is now dieing. Which is our deathrun server

Nicotine
21 May 2009, 10:51pm
I didint know we had a bhop server

SilentGuns
22 May 2009, 04:26am
I didint know we had a bhop server

We don't... Now stop bumping before you get banned.

b0red
26 May 2009, 03:49pm
i support the making of a bhop server!!!!

DoubleSb
26 May 2009, 07:06pm
i support the making of a bhop server!!!!

No.

Spartan
27 May 2009, 03:24pm
This question has already been answered so please stop bumping this thread. Lock please.