PDA

View Full Version : CSS :O

JamaicanRoll
8 May 2009, 10:23am
anyone know if Valve/Steam are making a new CS? or did they abandon "Case CS" ???:shocked:

Red
8 May 2009, 10:44am
I hope they leave it alone.

Ultramarine
8 May 2009, 11:20am
I hope they leave it alone.

If Valve screws CSS like they did with DoDS... expect their Studio to get bombed, sniped, strafed with AK-47 fire, and then all of the Devs knifed...

JamaicanRoll
8 May 2009, 11:47am
ye the original CSS is awesome

Suri
8 May 2009, 12:03pm
ye the original CSS is awesome

Then you mean CS not CSS

I find it funny when people think CSS was the first game.

XeNo
8 May 2009, 12:07pm
Then you mean CS not CSS

I find it funny when people think CSS was the first game.
It's the first one on the new Engine.

Looking at it from a FPS point of view, while objectives and typical game style is exactly the same, 1.6 is a whole different world from CS:S.

kamikazeghandi
8 May 2009, 12:17pm
It's the first one on the new Engine.

Looking at it from a FPS point of view, while objectives and typical game style is exactly the same, 1.6 is a whole different world from CS:S.

yeah, it is. source is better in my opinion, but I know a lot of people who would disagree. if they do make a new one, they had better just reskin it in a higher-res engine and not change any of the maps/weapons/etc.

XeNo
8 May 2009, 12:22pm
The physics engine is really what kills CS:S for me. You can't have decent cars, planes, boats, drivable objects and so on.

The one on 1.6, sure you can't shoot barrels that will move around the map, but you can make a vehicle out of just about anything and it will move smooth as hell. You can stockpile 20 people in a small bus and drive it around the map without anyone getting glitched out.

Not to mention you can do so much more with 1.6 plugins, their wc3 mod is wayyy more stable, the roll the dice plugin is awesome, and the list goes on with those.