PDA

View Full Version : Just saw Star Trek

Red
7 May 2009, 10:55pm
Was fucking awesome.

Instead of seeing X-men due to the shit I've heard about it, I saw Star Trek, which to my surprise was showing tonight. The theater was only 30% full for the 10pm showing. We were dead center.

JJ Abrams did a great fucking job satisfying both the Star Trek fans (some tongue and cheek humor and old one-liners) and those who had NEVER seen it before like my gf who saw it with me and thought it was fucking awesome.

It's entertaining the ENTIRE TIME. 2 hours and something.

GO SEE IT, FUCK XMEN!!

Elleon
7 May 2009, 10:59pm
Was fucking awesome.

Instead of seeing X-men due to the shit I've heard about it, I saw Star Trek, which to my surprise was showing tonight. The theater was only 30% full for the 10pm showing. We were dead center.

JJ Abrams did a great fucking job satisfying both the Star Trek fans (some tongue and cheek humor and old one-liners) and those who had NEVER seen it before like my gf who saw it with me and thought it was fucking awesome.

GO SEE IT, FUCK XMEN!!

Red, imma take your word for it and pay to see the film. God help you if it's another X-men, god help you!

Italian Jew
8 May 2009, 12:01am
I should be seeing it in IMAX this weekend at Udvar-Hazy.

Dante
8 May 2009, 07:29am
I wish ppl would keep comments to yourself so what you saw xmen and you didnt' like it it's over so STFU about it unless asked directly.

PotshotPolka
8 May 2009, 07:49am
I wish ppl would keep comments to yourself so what you saw xmen and you didnt' like it it's over so STFU about it unless asked directly.

QQ? It was an utterly shit movie with a plot with less functionality than FDR's legs.

:-]
8 May 2009, 08:47am
I'm excited to see it after your comment about it Tampon ^_^. Blah, school in 15 minutes but I am ecstatic for seeing it in IMAX as well Italian. Dante, the only reason why X-Men was mentioned was because Red did ask if he should see X-Men or Star Trek. A great majority of people that have seen X-Men Origins told him to see Star Trek and as you can tell, he was pleased that he took our advice :D .

Drox
8 May 2009, 09:14am
QQ? It was an utterly shit movie with a plot with less functionality than FDR's legs.

Sig quote right there :P lol

But thanks Red, I'm looking forward to seeing it now ;)

Red
8 May 2009, 09:24am

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/1610/needsmoardrama.jpg

Dante
8 May 2009, 10:27am
Wow ppl know how to be douches here >.>

SOLANUM
8 May 2009, 12:43pm
Wow ppl know how to be douches here >.>

Disagreeing with you = Being a douche.

Correct?

Leon
8 May 2009, 01:35pm
Was fucking awesome.

GO SEE IT, FUCK XMEN!!

I'll watch both!:toung:

And i'll keep ur word on this too ^^

Dante
8 May 2009, 04:31pm
Disagreeing with you = Being a douche.

Correct?

No being mean to me lol that's all. I don't hate anyone here yet. So I'm just fuckin around.

Drox
8 May 2009, 09:01pm
Wow, just got done watching this movie and all I got to say is Wow. It not only stay faithful to the star trek fans but it probably has to be one of the best star trek movies ive seen. I hope they make a sequel to this (Which probably wont happen).

Silentfaith
8 May 2009, 10:00pm
I just got home from seeing star trek, 5/5 from me.
Great movie, effects are amazing, the story is great.

GO SEE IT!!!

Red
8 May 2009, 10:15pm
:)
told u guys. i wasnt lying

Determined2Win
8 May 2009, 10:56pm
If you can get XeNo to give positive feedback from it, by all means, I'll go and see it.

Till' then NO SUPPORT.

Josh
8 May 2009, 11:48pm
Just got home from seeing it. This movie is fucking raw, I highly doubt there will be a better movie this year. I enjoyed watching this 10x more than The Dark Knight. My friends loved it too, and none of us really watched any of the old series.

Dante
9 May 2009, 02:23am
Personally i think Star Trek will be No.2 this year and Transformers 2 will be No. 1 and maybe when Harry pothead comes out it'll be no.3

but that's my speculation.

Jazz
9 May 2009, 05:09am
STAR TREK!!

GO SEE IT, FUCK XMEN!!

LOL! Alright thanks for the advice.

Cranks
9 May 2009, 06:58am
Going in 2 hours!!!

9 May 2009, 08:49am
Okay I never even watched the tv series but I must admit, one of the best films I've seen in theaters by far. You MUST see it in Imax. It is so epic. The acting was great. Eric Bana as Nero did an excellent job. The only person I really thought had a poor accent/poor acting skills was Chekov? (sp). His Russian accent sucked. Scotty was great. There were a lot of great one liners. The CG effects were frigging awesome.

If you watched it in an Imax theater and saw the part where James was brought to that frozen tundra planet and he was first chased by that wolf thingy and then the huge bug, it was frigging awesome. In the beginning when Kirk's father is manually flying the ship to save everyone while his wife is giving birth to James, greatest emotional scene throughout the entire movie. You honestly feel for the character. The scenes when you get to see Spock as a child and show his upbringing and the harassment he endured as a child because he was 1/2 human, 1/2 vulcan really explained why he grew into someone that showed little emotion.

Movie gets a 4.5/5.

andre1028
9 May 2009, 09:02am
Fuck you. It's all about Terminator Salvation.

Just kidding, I'll see if I can watch it this weekend.

Red
9 May 2009, 09:17am
I want to see Terminator too.

I'm glad to see them making all these sci-fi movies again to appeal to our generation's taste.

Transformers I couldn't care less about.

It's sad that those movies will make more than Star Trek because of the insane marketing behind them.

9 May 2009, 09:25am
Hopefully it doesn't but I am crossing my fingers that Transformers 2 will be good. The trailers look promising. In all honesty though, I'm getting excited to see G.I. JOE ^_^

Dante
9 May 2009, 11:09am
yeah GI Joe i saw a trailer for it last week and i thought it was for something else but when the title came up i was surprised i think it'll be promising.

Cranks
9 May 2009, 12:03pm
Saw it today and just got back. Brilliant film a must see fan or not.

Italian Jew
10 May 2009, 01:25pm
Completely epic to see on IMAX. Even if you have already seen it, you must see in it in IMAX.

Abrams did a great job on the movie and re-energizing the atrophied series. Even if you are not a fan, you will enjoy the movie.

Chêvouÿx
10 May 2009, 05:53pm
I saw X-Men today, shit movie that was. Too many plot holes and pointless fights... god damn.

Anyways, on-topic, I wanted to see it today, but parents insist we see it all together next week, so I'll see it then :)

Suri
10 May 2009, 09:03pm
yeah GI Joe i saw a trailer for it last week and i thought it was for something else but when the title came up i was surprised i think it'll be promising.

Ok I was going to rip you for attacking Red's comment when he was not really even bashing xmen.

But I have lost all respect for you when it comes to your tast in movies.
G.I JOE LOOKS SO BAD!!!!!! Did you really even see the trailer?? FREAKING Channing Tatum!!! YOU KIDDING ME. This guy can't act his way out of a paper bag!!!!

NO one ever listen to what Dante has to say about movies.

Oh yeah STAR TREK WAS AMAZING!!!!!!! Had to be one of the best movies I have seen in a long long time. The casting was so dead on.

Dante
10 May 2009, 10:11pm
Ok I was going to rip you for attacking Red's comment when he was not really even bashing xmen.

G.I JOE LOOKS SO BAD!!!!!! Did you really even see the trailer?? FREAKING Channing Tatum!!! YOU KIDDING ME. This guy can't act his way out of a paper bag!!!!

Oh yeah STAR TREK WAS AMAZING!!!!!!! Had to be one of the best movies I have seen in a long long time. The casting was so dead on.

LOL suri i've only seen one trailer and it looked half decent. at first it thought they made like a Crysis movie (which would be fuckign awesome) but idc i prolly won't see it. I stil haven't seen the others yet either....(too lazy and waitin for a friend to come back from college) But Idc bout respect....doesn't bother me if you don't give a fuck...I'll just come back to you as well :amuse:

ninjaz1337
10 May 2009, 10:31pm
Augh, i still need to see star trek. I'm waiting for Terminator Salvation though, and I watched Xmen on release date. It wasn't that bad (thanks to the action), but the storyline was so bleh it wasn't even funny. I liked it though.

Suri
11 May 2009, 06:51am
LOL suri i've only seen one trailer and it looked half decent. at first it thought they made like a Crysis movie (which would be fuckign awesome) but idc i prolly won't see it. I stil haven't seen the others yet either....(too lazy and waitin for a friend to come back from college) But Idc bout respect....doesn't bother me if you don't give a fuck...I'll just come back to you as well :amuse:

When I said respect I meant when it came to movies. Not as a whole.

Another thing on the G.I Joe movie. The two leading Joes are some of the worst actors out there. First there is Channing Tatum ( Step Up) who is a really bad actor, and then you have Marlon Wayans (In living Color). Who ever did the casting for the movie killed it when casting these people. Dennis Quaid is the only good actor in this movie and I am sure he has a small role.

Dante
11 May 2009, 06:56am
Yeah :P i didn't pay attention to the casting. Like i said i've only seen one trailer and to me until the name came up it looked like they Made Crysis into a movie so i know i won't see it but i was just saying it looked ok. I don't go by actors or plots or any of that i go by how well i think it'll entertain me and how well i like watching it.

Scree :O
11 May 2009, 08:03am
Haven't seen Star Trek, X-Men is stupid fun.

This guy can't act his way out of a paper bag!!!!

I don't know what this means but I lol'd anyway.

Drox
11 May 2009, 08:36am

I agree, the only good thing I saw in the GI Joe trailer was Snake eyes with his samurai sword lol other than that I think its gonna be a flop.

Red
11 May 2009, 10:28am
Suri: Most of these kids weren't in existence when shows like GI Joe, TMNT, Star Trek were being made and we watched them as "new" episodes every week.

They only know them as old out dated shows.

Man do I feel old.

Dante
11 May 2009, 05:18pm
Suri: Most of these kids weren't in existence when shows like GI Joe, TMNT, Star Trek were being made and we watched them as "new" episodes every week.

Man do I feel old.

Lol, i never grew up to GI joe but i grew up to TMNT and i guess Star Trek (only cause my dad watched it :sleep:) But i loved most of these movies comming out cause i love how they're making my Childhood tv shows into movies and TBH they're doing a fucking kick ass job at it GO Graphics!!

Suri
11 May 2009, 06:01pm

Man do I feel old.

You have a point.

Crimson
11 May 2009, 07:03pm
Old People are old.

Went and seen this On Sat, Very good movie.

Didn't help I had to pee the whole movie.

Dante
11 May 2009, 08:21pm
Lol Obez don't ever do that during a 3hr movie i drank alot of soda while watching Pirates of Carrabien 3 i sprinted to the bathroom and peed for a good 3 min lol.

Italian Jew
11 May 2009, 08:25pm
Lol Obez don't ever do that during a 3hr movie i drank alot of soda while watching Pirates of Carrabien 3 i sprinted to the bathroom and peed for a good 3 min lol.

I did a movie theater large of Mello Yello during Return of the King. It was very painful : (

Pointman
11 May 2009, 08:51pm
this movie reminds me a lot of the old shows, they stuck with the old ideas and reintroduced familiar faces which made the movie nearly perfect

Repeat
11 May 2009, 09:57pm
Was fucking awesome.

GO SEE IT, FUCK XMEN!!

I loved it so much. "You can eat like a bean and you're done."

Red
11 May 2009, 11:54pm
I did a movie theater large of Mello Yello during Return of the King. It was very painful : (

LOL.

I made a mistake of doing a movie theater large of Ice Tea one time.

Suri
12 May 2009, 10:10am
I loved it so much. "You can eat like a bean and you're done."

HEHEHE I laughed when he said that. But what was even better at the end he was like " GET DOWN FROM THERE" and there was that lil guy again.

Josh
12 May 2009, 10:51am
HEHEHE I laughed when he said that. But what was even better at the end he was like " GET DOWN FROM THERE" and there was that lil guy again. Haha, Simon Pegg was brilliant for the part of Scotty. That little dude was hilarious too.

Elleon
12 May 2009, 06:20pm
I just finished watching the movie not half an hour ago. In my honest opinion, I thought it was pretty good; the acting wasn't fantastic, but all together it wasn't too shabby.

They had action from beginning to end which never made it boring. The only real problem, besides what I have already stated, were the troupe of balding fat nerds that decided to watch the movie with the rest of us. It has been gloomy and raining all day, so of course, anyone who feared natural daylight decided to come out. Besides feeling as though everything was an inside joke at times, the scenes appeared to move from one to another quite well. They stayed true to their word and made a movie for "everyone".

B+

4/5 Stars

Ulrich
16 May 2009, 11:10pm
Huh, I'll have to see it based on these reviews.

Dracula
17 May 2009, 06:39am
Went and saw it at Imax [Best way to see it!]. The movie was very good, Id say the worst thing was Chekov's accent.

Red
17 May 2009, 09:18am
Went and saw it at Imax [Best way to see it!]. The movie was very good, Id say the worst thing was Chekov's accent.

agreed