PDA

View Full Version : Star Trek

:-]
7 May 2009, 03:55pm
So I'm going to the movies tomorrow to watch it with some friends. I've never followed the series but from the online reviews, critics have praised the film. Hopefully this won't disappoint me as much as X-Men Origins.

Bubbles
7 May 2009, 04:00pm
you just wanted to post the thread before anyone else did

Red
7 May 2009, 04:03pm
I'm going to see xmen tomorrow. I'm guessing I shouldn't?

As for star trek, i've seen all the TNG and Voyager shows, so hopefully the movie is good.

7 May 2009, 04:04pm
you just wanted to post the thread before anyone else did

Correct xD but I'm actually quite excited to see it. I've never followed the series/movies but from the trailers that were shown, it's very promising.

Dracula
7 May 2009, 04:05pm
;198255']Correct xD but I'm actually quite excited to see it. I've never followed the series/movies but from the trailers that were shown, it's very promising.

Bring video camera and accidently leave it on.

7 May 2009, 04:06pm
I'm going to see xmen tomorrow. I'm guessing I shouldn't?

As for star trek, i've seen all the TNG and Voyager shows, so hopefully the movie is good.

Please don't waste your money on it. The CG effects suck so much. The only person that did a good job acting was the guy that played Sabertooth. Even the little boy that played Wolverine in the very beginning sucked.

Cranks
7 May 2009, 04:06pm
;198255'] I've never followed the series/movies but from the trailers that were shown, it's very promising.

Fail
:biggrin:

Italian Jew
7 May 2009, 04:08pm
They are revamping the series for non-Trek nerds. I have seen all of the TV series and other movies, but I am not a full blown Trekkie. I might have a semi-nerd status in the series though. From what I have heard, it manages to please both the nerdy aspect of Star Trek as well as the action they are trying to inject into it. Hopefully my high expectations for it won't make it seem mediocre when I go see it.

Definitely going to see it in IMAX when I get back home.

Drox
7 May 2009, 05:35pm
Well I hope it is good, I love the series up to voyager but from interviews with the people who are making the film kinda want to pull in the non-star trek fans with all the action then the people who watched the old stuff. So not sure if it will be a flop or not.

Elleon
7 May 2009, 10:38pm
I never followed the television show but I did see Inssurection in 98 with Alien Ressurection. That was a good year in my opinion.

Although the series hasn't really interested me the movies aren't that bad. I am looking forward to this new one, even though a lot of CG and fresh cast of nobodies usually doesn't fair well in the Box Office. Since it is primarily about launching the actors, I will stick with the "Flash" this time around.