PDA

View Full Version : X-Men Spinoff - Weapon X

Elleon
6 May 2009, 09:55pm
Well X-men fans, apparently the lauch of X-men Origins: Wolverine has set in motion a large franchise of spinoffs.

It seems that the first, and this is official so they say, will feature Ryan Reynolds aka Wade aka Weapon XI. You lucky bastards get yet another film, and to be honest, I am looking forward to this one myself. There isn't much out about it as of yet, but I am sure more will come.

Below is Yahoo's link to the announcement, or whatever the hell it is suppose to be called.

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/movies.eonline.com/wolverines-ryan-reynolds-dives-deadpool-spinoff-20090506

Bad Dog
6 May 2009, 10:00pm
RYAN RENYOLDS IS CANADIAN!?!?!

Elleon
6 May 2009, 10:05pm
RYAN RENYOLDS IS CANADIAN!?!?!

I know right! Crazy shit. Who knew?

XeNo
6 May 2009, 11:24pm
Well X-men fans, apparently the lauch of X-men Origins: Wolverine has set in motion a large franchise of spinoffs.

It seems that the first, and this is official so they say, will feature Ryan Reynolds aka Wade aka Weapon X. You lucky bastards get yet another film, and to be honest, I am looking forward to this one myself. There isn't much out about it as of yet, but I am sure more will come.

Below is Yahoo's link to the announcement, or whatever the hell it is suppose to be called.

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/movies.eonline.com/wolverines-ryan-reynolds-dives-deadpool-spinoff-20090506
This was always the intention of Origins.

They go through them character by character.

It's the same way as with hulk and iron man, there will be more to come of those characters as well leading up to the final The Avengers movie.

Jaffa
7 May 2009, 04:39am
The character is called Deadpool, not weapon X....

Daze
7 May 2009, 04:44am
He was more ninja in Van Wilder

CandleJack
7 May 2009, 06:03am
Looking forward to this, but you know, one day they will make an X-Men Movie that will epicly tank

Elleon
7 May 2009, 09:42am
The character is called Deadpool, not weapon X....

Weapon XI actually. That is what they referrred to him in the movie from what I remember. Deadpool or Weapon XI, whatever you feel like calling him, he is comming out.

This was always the intention of Origins.

They go through them character by character.

It's the same way as with hulk and iron man, there will be more to come of those characters as well leading up to the final The Avengers movie.

Even I know they aren't going throuigh every character, or half, or even 1/3 for that matter. Yeah, we may see a large cast, but not everyone is going to get their own movie. That would be ridiculous and multiple movies would bomb one after the other. Hence, the excitement there should be for Deadpool, aka Wade, aka Weapon XI Jaffa :P.

I don't recall them ever saying they are comming out with antoher Hulk movie before the appearance of Avengers in 2012. Hulk is dead from my understanding, or atleast another film along the lines of the last ones.

Jaffa
7 May 2009, 10:30am
They are currently making Iron Man 2, Captain America and Thor movies. there will also be x-men origins Magneto, a Deadpool movie, and possibly another Hulk movie.

Iron_Man
7 May 2009, 01:19pm
I love all the X-men films and im gonna deffo watch Origins soon, and this Deadpool guy/ spinoff thingy looks interesting Oo

Italian Jew
7 May 2009, 01:27pm
It was supposed to be Wolverine's son that was Weapon XI in a series of the comics, but I don't think the actually pursued that story arc. I guess they decided against that in the movie. : (

I will see this when it comes out on DVD.

Elleon
7 May 2009, 01:43pm
Taking a closer look at Deadpool, I am curious to know how the costume is suppose to fit in. As everyone may have noticed, X-men and other superheros haven't really been wearing the same gear we came to familiarize ourselves with. Wolverine wasn't that bad since in the comics he wasn't always wearing yellow spandex, not that it would have looked cool anyways, but Deadpool is suppose to be in full body suit such as Spiderman isn't he?

In origins he was wearing almost "nothing" resembling the costume I have seen so far, and when I mean nothing, that is almost literal at times. No complaints, just a bit curious as to how they are going to pull it off.

What do you guys think? Stick with old or branch to the new?

Personally, I think the whole Commando/Samurai is interesting, but I think the complete outfit wouldn't be bad either, probably better in fact. In Origins those Katana looked fairly cheesy in my opinion.

Daze
7 May 2009, 01:47pm
From Comics to Movies a lot of stuff is going to be changed. Superhero suits would look so cheesy in movies, especially the bright and interesting ones the X-Men wore.

Iron_Man
7 May 2009, 01:58pm
haha yeh thats quite true, I mean imagine Wolveine's costume on the movies ^^ and all those bright primary colours ^^ they had on there costumes lol

CandleJack
7 May 2009, 02:11pm
They are currently making Iron Man 2, Captain America and Thor movies. there will also be x-men origins Magneto, a Deadpool movie, and possibly another Hulk movie.

The Next Hulk and Iron Man Movies will be together, so they will be in the same film

Iron_Man
7 May 2009, 02:55pm
It just gets better and better :D - Marvel FTW!

Bubbles
7 May 2009, 03:51pm
The Next Hulk and Iron Man Movies will be together, so they will be in the same film

your SG's retard

Dante
7 May 2009, 05:31pm
How is he the retard, The movies were combined in the end of Hulk, so you know they're going to be together in one movie. and i'm looking forward to it because its,

IT'S GOING TO BE SUPER DOOPER AMAZAZING AWESOMENESS!!!

Jaffa
7 May 2009, 06:11pm
If its a Deadpool movie, he has to have the suit.

pretty much he wears the suit because his body and face are horribly disfigured.

Also, there is no recognised weapon XI in the comic books. Weapon XII was Huntsman (who was killed by Phoenix), and Weapon XIII is Fantomex, who like Wolverine, turned rogue from the weapon plus program

Bubbles
7 May 2009, 07:04pm
How is he the retard

he states the obvious, and if you watched the end of iron man, nick fury talks to iron man about the avengers, then iron man goes looking for the hulk

GrayFox
7 May 2009, 07:13pm
It seems that the first, and this is official so they say, will feature Ryan Reynolds aka Wade aka Weapon XI. You lucky bastards get yet another film, and to be honest, I am looking forward to this one myself. There isn't much out about it as of yet, but I am sure more will come.

I think you mean something like Weapon II. Weapon XI was the boss and Weapon X is Wolverine.

Jaffa
7 May 2009, 07:40pm
weapon Xi was deadpool in the movie, but in the comics there is no weapon XI, and it definatly isn't deadpool

Elleon
7 May 2009, 08:12pm
I think you mean something like Weapon II. Weapon XI was the boss and Weapon X is Wolverine.

No.

weapon Xi was deadpool in the movie, but in the comics there is no weapon XI, and it definatly isn't deadpool

I am fairly certian Jaffa is right about this one, and it only makes sense as well. They referred to Deadpool as Weapon XI in the movie, but it was simply "Project: Weapon X".

In the movie, if Wolverine was considered Weapon X because he was the tenth guinea pig, then Deadpool would have been called weapon XI intentially. They didn't have any real storyline or mentioned origins of the "Weapon X" project, so I suspect they opted to just make the mutants said Weapons, based on their numerical order when introduced.

I never read many of the comics books, but I am fairly certain Jaffa is right on the money, just based on the assumption that it makes more sense this way.

I agree about the costume considering it wouldn't make a whole lot of sense if he didn't wear it, but since this will be another installment within the "Origins" series, we will see a lot of his "earlier" days of youth. Perhaps his disease won't be the disfiguring ailement in the comics, allowing Ryan Reynolds to get some good spotlight.

From my point of view, based off the new movie, Deadpool wasn't really horrid looking until after he had undergone surgery. This is probably where they will pick up the costume, after he becomes cured, et...

Italian Jew
7 May 2009, 09:55pm
Weapon XI was rumored to be Wolverine's son in the comics, but they never said who it was. The group behind it never really got it completed (I think). I'm pretty sure the goal was to kill Wolverine though.

Wolverine's son was pretty cool, but I guess they did not want to go that way because they would have had to make a longer story to accompany his son. Seeing as how it would be much easier to just pan it off to Deadpool for the movie, the studio made a decision based on budget and time restraints. Personally I would have preferred the hinted at comic book arc rather than Deadpool, because I already liked Deadpool the way he was anyway and like I said, Wolverine's son is a pretty cool character.

If they do a good enough job with the Deadpool arc, I won't feel too miffed.