PDA

View Full Version : Talking after PB mute

Awacs
5 May 2009, 09:30pm
This is more a question for the admin staff. I know avoiding mute is banable. I know this will come out sort of QQ to some of you, so I apologize in advance. If you don't have a valid response to post, DON'T.

As anyone who plays PB knows, you are muted after you die. Admins are exempt from this so they can do their job. I am not debating that point. What I am debating is when they should use this power/privilege given to them. I can see how it can be a perk, but it gets annoying when an admin talks about random topics round after round. I've seen more than a few admins carry on conversations after they have been killed. The conversations I am talking about have NO bearing on their admin duties.

I'm wondering if this just a privilege given to admins, or if proof is posted, a valid complaint. I know everyone does it once and awhile. Hell, I've avoided mute before. This is mostly about the admins who constantly talk about off-topic items on PB after they die. But they still enforce mute to those that avoid it. (Which is the right thing to do, as they are breaking a rule.)

I'm wondering if It is ok to talk after you die, (If your an admin), when it has NO bearing on doing your job as an admin.

Thanks for the (Hopefully) constructive responses to come!

Harbor
5 May 2009, 10:08pm
i got an idea from this why not make the mute system for PB like it is on dust2 server just a thought

Dante
5 May 2009, 10:16pm
The servers are for fun. We dont' always have to be dicks just screaming out rules after we die. We may carry on converstations with ppl that are alive because we choose to. It's Not a real bad thing.

Caution
5 May 2009, 10:24pm
After reading that, the only question I saw was if we're allowed to talk after we die if it doesn't pertain to "admin duties" (let me know if there were anymore. To answer you, yes, we are allowed to talk about anything after we die (of course as long as it isn't bothering others game play). But to be honest, in the months I've played PB on SG, I've never seen an admin talking after death to be a problem. You stated you're not arguing it, so I'm not going to defend why it's a good reason to keep on. Let me know if you have any other questions or something you want clarification on.

Suri
6 May 2009, 07:49am
I also have never seen this as a issue in the server. The people that get muted my find it unfair that they cant talk and get jealous. Not saying that's what got you upset. But I have been in PB here and there and never seen an admin talk so much that it was annoying or disrupted the game.

Maybe it's even a perk of being an admin and supporting the community.

SpikedRocker
6 May 2009, 07:54am
Have you tried asking the admin to stop talking so you can give an order? Sometimes, it just takes the act of asking nicely. I want to emphisise, nicely, there are quite a few admins that if you tell them to shut the fuck up will just tell you to do the same and you'll get no where. I never was a big supporter of the whole dead mute thing, so I would almost move to remove that. If someone is such a baby about being free killed then they can be warned for mic spamming. Someone suggested creating a mute on mic but not chat script but I am not totally sure that is even possible. If it is then that would probably be the best of both worlds.

Simon [I R JAWZ]
6 May 2009, 08:13am
this never happend while i was playing there :O

Silentfaith
6 May 2009, 10:50am
I have never seen a complaint in regards to this, and I have never heard or seen someone in game "QQ" about this. If you are trying to say something, and a admin is "over shadowing you", ask him to be quiet for a moment so you can say what you have to.

The point of the server is to have fun, and not be blunt. I don't see people getting banned for avoiding mutes, they only get in trouble if they are bitching about another player who free killed, or are giving away locations

Tcp-Kill
6 May 2009, 10:56am
i got an idea from this why not make the mute system for PB like it is on dust2 server just a thought

The reason we can't is on dust sv_alltalk 0 is on, and if we used that on PB T's couldn't take to CT's

If its on, ALL talks to ALL
if its off, Team to team, dead to dead, and the dead can hear their team.

Have you tried asking the admin to stop talking so you can give an order? Sometimes, it just takes the act of asking nicely. I want to emphisise, nicely, there are quite a few admins that if you tell them to shut the fuck up will just tell you to do the same and you'll get no where. I never was a big supporter of the whole dead mute thing, so I would almost move to remove that. If someone is such a baby about being free killed then they can be warned for mic spamming. Someone suggested creating a mute on mic but not chat script but I am not totally sure that is even possible. If it is then that would probably be the best of both worlds.

I agree here, if you ask the admin politely i'm sure they will be understanding.

Caution
6 May 2009, 07:27pm
Sometimes, it just takes the act of asking nicely.

Couldn't possibly agree more.

Harbor
6 May 2009, 09:25pm
thanks tcp for defining that ;P

Suri
7 May 2009, 07:41am
Just ask like Spiked said. But I really don't think this is a issue at all. I just think you got annoyed over it one day and thought you would bring it up.

The script needs to stay for many reasons. When people could take when they were dead we would have so much spamming of crap it was not even funny. People cry over kills or people saying come to my cell to suck my $%#@ even if they were dead. It was just out of control.

But also people would ghost like crazy and tell the CT's or the T where people would be. I think the mute script should stay. This is never been a issue and is not one now.

Awacs
7 May 2009, 01:54pm
I completely understand that Suricruise. I also think the script needs to stay. Your right, I did get annoyed over it, but it hasn't been over one day. I'll try to ask them to tone it down and see what happens.

Thanks for the constructive responses!

XeNo
7 May 2009, 04:06pm
I completely understand that Suricruise. I also think the script needs to stay. Your right, I did get annoyed over it, but it hasn't been over one day. I'll try to ask them to tone it down and see what happens.

Thanks for the constructive responses!
Just take a demo if you believe they are being overly abusive of their right to talk while dead.

If the demo includes them talking over guards that are trying to give orders, or anything like that, just post it up in Admin complaints and see if it's something that could warrant a warning to said Admins.

Even if you get rejected, doing that could cause some Admins to tone it down.

Bullet Wound
11 May 2009, 07:50pm
It kinda just sounds like you're upset that admins can talk after they're dead and you can't. So long as they don't ghost or spam they have every right to talk as if they were alive (so long as they don't try to affect the gameplay). By becoming an admin they have earned this right.

Bad Dog
11 May 2009, 08:56pm
It kinda just sounds like you're upset that admins can talk after they're dead and you can't. So long as they don't ghost or spam they have every right to talk as if they were alive (so long as they don't try to affect the gameplay). By becoming an admin they have earned this right.

If BUllet WOund comments on a subject, you KNOW hes super serial about it :nerd:

Awacs
11 May 2009, 09:36pm

Not to start a flame war, but did you even read what I typed? I never said they shouldn't have it, I just thought it was over used. They need the mute immunity to do their job.

Huwajux
12 May 2009, 01:54pm
Not to start a flame war, but did you even read what I typed? I never said they shouldn't have it, I just thought it was over used. They need the mute immunity to do their job.
It's just a small perk of the job. I'm sure if there was some respected members of the community that could be trusted not to abuse this, then they would be able to talk too. However that makes things too complicated and can lead to players becoming jealous.

anomo
13 May 2009, 11:46am
Well, one solution could be to do like what has been done on the ZM servers. You can use your mic, but when your a zombie (dead) only other zombies can hear you. The writing is already like that. That way we could still continue talking, but it would not disrupt the gameplay for the people that still are alive :D

This way we can continue our conversations as long as they are not with an alive person, and everything would be OK!