PDA

View Full Version : Slipknot?

Bad Dog
5 May 2009, 06:14pm
Im just saying, I HATE Slipknot. Ill admit they have some good songs, but most of it is just bad, yes BAD screaming. I feel like its just a metal band for like 13 year olds to think theyre cool for listening to. Thats jus my opinion, i do LOVE metal tho so dont be thinkin im one of those guys that just trashes metal

Dracula
5 May 2009, 06:16pm
/me Turns flame level to over 9000

Bad Dog
5 May 2009, 06:23pm
/me Turns flame level to over 9000

hey man just wonderin what other ppl think, wondering what ppl who listen to Slipknot think man not tryin to start shit i do that on PrisonBreak servers

Dracula
5 May 2009, 06:25pm
hey man just wonderin what other ppl think, wondering what ppl who listen to Slipknot think man not tryin to start shit i do that on PrisonBreak servers

Ha ha just kidding, I used to hate them but after I listend to them more thanks to Sol i began to like them more and more. Some of there songs are ofcourse not great but at least I can understand what there saying.

SOLANUM
5 May 2009, 06:30pm
Not SlipKnoT fans are angsty 13 year olds.

You should see their shows. There are fans there ages 10-60, its pretty cool. Hell, my mom is fan. She's 32.

Dracula
5 May 2009, 06:31pm

You should see their shows. There are fans there ages 10-60, its pretty cool. Hell, my mom is fan. She's 32.

Lemme guess yo sister likes them too?

SOLANUM
5 May 2009, 06:32pm
Lemme guess yo sister likes them too?

Not really, though she likes Disturbed and Rammstein.

Bad Dog
5 May 2009, 06:33pm

ive seen thier shows thats one of the reasons i dont like hate them with a passion. Thier shows are fuckin crazy man but hey, Lamb of God and Arch Enemies shows arent just crazy..thier scary as SHIT! My friend went to a Lamb of God concert, hes 15, he says hes never been more scared in his life of being raped, killed or sacrificed all at once

Dracula
5 May 2009, 06:34pm

Good enough.

SOLANUM
5 May 2009, 06:36pm
My friend went to a Lamb of God concert, hes 15, he says hes never been more scared in his life of being raped, killed or sacrificed all at once

They were at the Congress Theatre in Chicago on the 1st, couldnt make it.

:mmph:

Dracula
5 May 2009, 06:36pm
They were at the Congress Theatre in Chicago on the 1st, couldnt make it.

:mmph:

Just like you couldnt record the Spilknot Concert >:O

SOLANUM
5 May 2009, 06:39pm
Just like you couldnt record the Slipknot Concert >:O

I probly would have lost it on the first song of their set. Crowd was intense.

Also, tell me this isnt a badass pit.
Md6bnGH8J-I

Bad Dog
5 May 2009, 06:49pm
ya they were at Chicago like last weekend, i was so pissed that i culdn go but my friend did

Frostbyte
5 May 2009, 06:58pm
Thats it. Im posting pictures from the Amon Amarth concert. So god damn epic.

Fuck, pictures didnt embed, PM me for them.

Dracula
5 May 2009, 07:00pm
Epic Sol

Frostbyte
5 May 2009, 07:03pm
Gonna post pictures from the concert.

HINT: First picture includes a guy that I thought was Jesus actually THROW people into the mosh pit.

Bad Dog
5 May 2009, 07:27pm
omg Viking Metal is crazy

chadwick100
5 May 2009, 07:40pm
hmmm lamb of god.. hmmmm hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm i liked the crowd

Movement
7 May 2009, 06:34pm
most girls in my school like slipknot dunno why

sneezing panda
11 May 2009, 06:13pm

^
this

Dracula
11 May 2009, 06:15pm
^
this

Go bump some other forum mabey 4Chan?

Scree :O
11 May 2009, 10:02pm
All I can say is, that Slipknot are a bunch of faggots in mask who make unintelligeble noise and sell them as songs to kids all over the world. They popularized "metal" so that every kid on the block thinks he's cool for listening to it. Their songs are simple, they sound like pop and some of the songs are emo faggotry.

Scree DISAPPROVES.

Slipknot supports MALL METALHEADS :D

opium101
11 May 2009, 11:41pm
i did listen to slipknot before but that was when i was in a very bad part of my life now i listen to hardstyle.

But i dont like slipknot at all now i think they really sux

XeNo
11 May 2009, 11:58pm
i did listen to slipknot before but that was when i was in a very bad part of my life now i listen to hardstyle.

But i dont like slipknot at all now i think they really sux
Lol.

opium101
12 May 2009, 06:44am
what xeno xD?

SOLANUM
12 May 2009, 07:18am
You need to use punctuation, learn how to spell and basic sentance structure.

Thats what.

BOOWY
12 May 2009, 07:38am
I liked their first album, I can't stand anything else. [sic], Tattered & Torn, Liberate and Diluted are good.

15 May 2009, 07:48am
You need to use punctuation, learn how to spell and basic sentance structure.

Thats what.

It's sentence, last time I checked.

SOLANUM
15 May 2009, 09:53am
Yeah, that.

But why did you bump a 5 day old thread for that

15 May 2009, 02:34pm
FOR THE LULZ :D.

And yes, SlipKnot is a pop version of metal.

Shadow_678
23 May 2009, 11:47pm
All I can say is, that Slipknot are a bunch of faggots in mask who make unintelligeble noise and sell them as songs to kids all over the world. They popularized "metal" so that every kid on the block thinks he's cool for listening to it. Their songs are simple, they sound like pop and some of the songs are emo faggotry.

Scree DISAPPROVES.

Your an idiot.

Comments like these are why arguments start. Its obvious you don't like them, but you could atleast give some intelligent points instead of just calling them 'faggots'

Hazardous
23 May 2009, 11:53pm
Your an idiot.

Comments like these are why arguments start, not because I'm a complete ignorant moron who focuses on the facts that validate my useless whiny annoying rant. Its obvious you don't like them, but you could atleast give some intelligent points instead of just calling them 'faggots'

All I can say is, that Slipknot are a bunch of faggots in mask who make unintelligible noises and sell them as songs to kids all over the world. They popularized "metal" so that every kid on the block thinks he's cool for listening to it. Their songs are simple, they sound like pop and some of the songs are emo faggotry.

Scree DISAPPROVES.

?

SoulKeeper
24 May 2009, 12:22am
I never really liked slipknot...
"LOL WERE COL CUZ WE WARE MASKZ GUYZ"

Hazardous
24 May 2009, 12:24am
I never really liked slipknot...
"LOL WERE COL CUZ WE WARE MASKZ GUYZ"

"LOL HAY GUISE, LEZ MAKE SUM LOUD IRRITATIN UN-DE-SYF-URABLE NOISES CUZ IT WIL MAEK US SEEM TUFF & SKARY?"

SoulKeeper
24 May 2009, 12:34am
"LOL HAY GUISE, LEZ MAKE SUM LOUD IRRITATIN UN-DE-SYF-URABLE NOISES CUZ IT WIL MAEK US SEEM TUFF & SKARY?"

LOL.

Reminded me of the stereotypical teens who go in their garage and totally "rock out".

Slovenec
24 May 2009, 01:22am
I like it Slipknot, its not just yelling :P

matt 187
24 May 2009, 01:35am
slipknot sucks and the rest also sucks :mad2:

zapper
24 May 2009, 07:19am
slipknot is bad ass.dont like it dont hear it.
how is slipknot pop.is psychosocial,duality,before i forget pop?

24 May 2009, 11:14am
You get to hear the ENTIRE song in the first 1.5 minutes. The rest of the song is just loop with an occasional chorus or a solo. A typical pop song. The only thing I liked about the band is Joey Jordison. His skills with the drums are pretty cool.

And a typical SlipKnot fan:

lRPYU4n2wmI

I prefer something a bit more sophisticated. Not to sound like an elitist prick but there's a difference.

1DND8S_CF_g

The song is a bit more complicated, takes more skill and has awesome death metal growls. SlipKnot are pansies ffs.

SOLANUM
24 May 2009, 11:22am
You get to hear the ENTIRE song in the first 1.5 minutes. The rest of the song is just loop with an occasional chorus or a solo. A typical pop song. The only thing I liked about the band is Joey Jordison. His skills with the drums are pretty cool.

lRPYU4n2wmI

I prefer something a bit more sophisticated. Not to sound like an elitist prick but there's a difference.

1DND8S_CF_g

The song is a bit more complicated, takes more skill and has awesome death metal growls. SlipKnot are pansies ffs.

Too late.

24 May 2009, 11:31am
Too late for what? Am I an elitist for expressing my opinion? Difference in technicality between the two bands is not debateable. It's a fact. And you're really running out of ideas aren't you? Otherwise you wouldn't quote a sentence which has more to do with me than it does with the actual discussion.

SOLANUM
24 May 2009, 11:33am
Too late for what?

For trying not to sound like an elitist prick.

Shadow_678
26 May 2009, 07:05am

lRPYU4n2wmI

1DND8S_CF_g

The way your coming off IS elitist. Your saying they are bad because your stereotyping the fans. Is that what you look for in a band? Sorry, I let music come first..who care's if retards listen to the band, lol.

Calling slipknot pop is really stupid too. Sure, they aren't the most brutal band out there, but they have some heavy songs. The newer CD isn't as heavy as their old stuff, but hey, it's up to what you like. If you actually looked into it you might be impressed.. not to mention that their CD has gotten a lot of positive ratings.

For the record slipknot is not my favorite band or anything. I didn't really care about them until I decided to look into them, and yeah I was quite impressed. Not forcing my opinion on you :\ But it sounds like you haven't really listened to anything besides their singles.

zapper
26 May 2009, 07:37am
i dont like much the bands that grunt i mean wtf are they saying,i cant understand a word the singer is saying

26 May 2009, 08:57am
I used to listen to SlipKnot until I got more into the music, discovered more bands, etc. I then discovered that most of the music I found is superior to SlipKnot in more ways than one. Sure SlipKnot knows how to put up a show and I think this verse from one of their song puts it in perspective:

"Fuck it all, fuck this world, fuck everything that you stand for, Don't belong, Don't exists, Don't give a shit, Don't ever judge me!".

No wonder it's giving kids the kids something to look up to. They want to be something special, to stand out. SlipKnot is supposedly giving it to them. You can judge a band by its fanbase. It's completely logical.
Most people that I know and listen to SlipKnot really are that stupid. Violent, self-centered brutes so maybe my opinion is a bit biased but that's what I see here.

I know SlipKnot. I still have Iowa somewhere in my CD collection. And I'm not judging anyone that listens to this music I only feel that, strictly objectively and based on numerous reviews there is music of higher quality in the same genre (sort of atleast, SlipKnot can be labeled as Nu-Metal). If you like to listen to it, then do it. This thread was sort of made to hear both sides.

b0red
26 May 2009, 03:31pm
There are much better screamo bands out there for example Attack Attack is a cool band that mixed techno with screamo and its a nice combo

Frostbyte
26 May 2009, 03:41pm
I used to listen to SlipKnot until I got more into the music, discovered more bands, etc. I then discovered that most of the music I found is superior to SlipKnot in more ways than one. Sure SlipKnot knows how to put up a show and I think this verse from one of their song puts it in perspective:

"Fuck it all, fuck this world, fuck everything that you stand for, Don't belong, Don't exists, Don't give a shit, Don't ever judge me!".

No wonder it's giving kids the kids something to look up to. They want to be something special, to stand out. SlipKnot is supposedly giving it to them. You can judge a band by its fanbase. It's completely logical.
Most people that I know and listen to SlipKnot really are that stupid. Violent, self-centered brutes so maybe my opinion is a bit biased but that's what I see here.

I know SlipKnot. I still have Iowa somewhere in my CD collection. And I'm not judging anyone that listens to this music I only feel that, strictly objectively and based on numerous reviews there is music of higher quality in the same genre (sort of atleast, SlipKnot can be labeled as Nu-Metal). If you like to listen to it, then do it. This thread was sort of made to hear both sides.

Then by your logic, if I were to judge you, your choice in music would imply that you worship a Satanic Cult and that you have the Lords Prayer tattoed backwards on your left buttcheek.

27 May 2009, 12:36am
No, thats what Cradle of Filth fans do. You haven't done your homework. Necrophagist is a technical death metal band. This particular genre focuses more on the music and the song structure itself. The growling is just for the heck of it, I'm pretty sure you can't sing to this particular genre of music.

And yes if you were to judge me solely on the genre(s) of music I listen to I would be: a Murderer, a rapist, a satanist, just because a song is about it? And we're not talking about Theistic Satanism either. It's some sort of Atheistic Satanism, maybe Paganism or LaVeyan Satanism. Active Atheism. The people who actually worship satan are contradicting themselves since Black Metal is about individuality and freedom of choice (religion wise). Then some people bastardized it to their own means and now well... Some of it is just stupid.

I just observe and remember what I see about certain groups of people.

Shadow_678
29 May 2009, 12:41am
lol what you said is pretty true about people that listen to slipknot.
some people don't listen to it even for the music, just a status or something..
I listen to what I listen to because I enjoy it, simple as that :)