PDA

View Full Version : sniping vs. camping

sir willis
4 May 2009, 01:19pm
so i know you cant camp, but some people get angry when you start sniping, and might call it camping. where does it cross the line?:unsure:

Itch
4 May 2009, 01:26pm
I assume you're referring to the Dust2 server..

In this case I think common sense rules apply. Such as.. it's camping if you stay in T spawn and don't try to complete the objectives. Sniping a location that helps your team complete the objective is not camping.

Dracula
4 May 2009, 01:29pm
Pretty much this is how I think about it, if im killing enemies and the bomb hasnt been planted then im doing the objective.

Daze
4 May 2009, 01:36pm
I think he's talking about surf..

Dracula
4 May 2009, 01:57pm
Well then if your talking about Surf then dosent matter you can camp if you please.

Trogdor
4 May 2009, 02:09pm
Well then if your talking about Surf then dosent matter you can camp if you please.

But should you be able to camp on surf? I bet this is frequently asked and I'd say no, camping's extremely annoying. Bad thing is, there isn't really an effective way to enforce this rule without some mod and that gets complicating. Waiting somewhere for a certain amount of time, then getting slapped for damage might work but it might also anger people.

That's off topic though because that should probably go into surf discussion. On the "sniping vs. camping" topic I agree with itch.

Harbor
4 May 2009, 07:09pm
so i know you cant camp, but some people get angry when you start sniping, and might call it camping. where does it cross the line?:unsure:

i like to think of it as if i was in real life and i was a sniper would i sit here or would i run around with my pistol....

sir willis
4 May 2009, 07:28pm
ya that's kinda what i was thinking to, just as long as you dont stare at one spot for the whole time then your ok

tank40175
5 May 2009, 05:28am
But should you be able to camp on surf? I bet this is frequently asked and I'd say no, camping's extremely annoying. Bad thing is, there isn't really an effective way to enforce this rule without some mod and that gets complicating. Waiting somewhere for a certain amount of time, then getting slapped for damage might work but it might also anger people.

That's off topic though because that should probably go into surf discussion. On the "sniping vs. camping" topic I agree with itch.

When we had our Zombie Hell server, it had a script just like you are talking about.

Trogdor
5 May 2009, 08:04am
When we had our Zombie Hell server, it had a script just like you are talking about.

I'm just wondering if it would work and if people would be in favor of it. I know I am. Camping is getting extremely annoying (at least in the surf server it is). It's not just the camping that is getting annoying, it's the accusations. If you kill someone because you came out of a portal right after them, most of the time they scream "CAMPER". So yes, I would recommend something like this being added to the server

EDIT: What server are we talking about? I think it'd be different for D2 and surf. In this post I'm referring to the surf server.

Jaffa
5 May 2009, 08:06am
If they are activly trying to kill other players from their spot (i.e. one of the high platforms on greatriver), then i don't mind it

If they are hiding in a corner waiting for the slim chance someone runs by, i don't like it (eg, again on greatriver, where the hidden awp is)

Harbor
5 May 2009, 10:55am
I'm just wondering if it would work and if people would be in favor of it. I know I am. Camping is getting extremely annoying (at least in the surf server it is). It's not just the camping that is getting annoying, it's the accusations. If you kill someone because you came out of a portal right after them, most of the time they scream "CAMPER". So yes, I would recommend something like this being added to the server

EDIT: What server are we talking about? I think it'd be different for D2 and surf. In this post I'm referring to the surf server.

Trog i agree completly the accusations are getting to the point of every time i get a kill im cussed out for camping. Idk if a script to stop them would help, considering camping isnt illegal but maybe just giving admins a loop hole like a rule that says dont prolong the round so admins arnt so timid in slaying for camping would be inorder

sir willis
5 May 2009, 01:27pm
giving admins a loop hole like a rule that says dont prolong the round so admins arnt so timid in slaying for camping

this would help a lot. i just dont like anti-camp scripts because if you are actually trying to snipe then the script might think you are camping

Dracula
5 May 2009, 02:01pm
this would help a lot. i just dont like anti-camp scripts because if you are actually trying to snipe then the script might think you are camping

And if that admins an ass and dosent like you he ses your camping.