PDA

View Full Version : Camping on Surf

Harbor
4 May 2009, 11:10am
Well if you watch admin complaints at all youll see theres alot of controvesiy here.

Camping on surf servers i think should be a rule although its hard to enfore it should be enforced on thoose who are just not even moving. it is a surf server not a camp server. It should just be there to save admins when they punish someone for holding up a round or being cheap

Even if its not a rule its common sense the server is for surfing not camping

Daze
4 May 2009, 11:54am
Too hard to enforce in my opinion, would be a nightmare. I've seen on other surf servers people trying to admin this, I lol'd at the fail..

Italian Jew
4 May 2009, 12:19pm
If you see someone camping for a long time, just beacon them.

Daze
4 May 2009, 12:20pm
If you see someone camping for a long time, just beacon them.

That would be enforcing a rule that doesn't exist. Read the Admin Complaint section lately? :laugh:

Italian Jew
4 May 2009, 12:23pm
That would be enforcing a rule that doesn't exist. Read the Admin Complaint section lately? :laugh:

Consider it a suggestion

trakaill
4 May 2009, 02:02pm

end thats why there should be a rule!!!.........
Maybe not be slaying or banning but beacon past a certain time would help! maybe not fix everything magically but it defenitly would help
Again we go back to where this community is a lot of QQ and buraucratie...
When people start camping on Big City fox example I usually beacon the last two when there is less than a 1:30 time left ..there is no rule yet the common sense would tell you that two people waiting in two different room are not going to kill each other...
Its part of admin job I think..make the round go smoother

Dracula
4 May 2009, 02:05pm
Beacon wouldnt matter because if the spot is that devistating to last that long EVERYONE will know where he is what gun hes using and generally about how much HP he has.

trakaill
4 May 2009, 03:29pm
you can argue the same thing in D2 yet there is a rule there about camping....
what you said isnt valid..
I can name a few surf map where you can go to a spot and if nobody was chasing you it could take a long while before anybody finds you especially one on one!

Dracula
4 May 2009, 03:54pm
you can argue the same thing in D2 yet there is a rule there about camping....
what you said isnt valid..
I can name a few surf map where you can go to a spot and if nobody was chasing you it could take a long while before anybody finds you especially one on one!

There is no rule against camping on D2 besides dont spawn camp.

ReneGade
4 May 2009, 03:58pm
The only situation i can see that could be judged decisively here is any person staying still in a spot where there are no other players in view and where no other player would come in contact with them through regular game play. This technically could be solved by telling the player to keep surfing or teleporting them back to spawn.

Trying to punish for staying in one place for a given amount of time because it is a strategic advantage eg.(High Awp Spot) would result in even more debate as to whether the accused/punished was indeed stationary and exactly how long, a nightmare to resolve.

CandleJack
4 May 2009, 05:24pm
It's under Not Doing Objective, that's how i always enforced it on surf

Dracula
4 May 2009, 05:35pm
It's under Not Doing Objective, that's how i always enforced it on surf

What objective are they not doing?

Harbor
4 May 2009, 05:38pm

Thats what i mean just something that said like avoid camping a admin can enforce if he feels nesscacary

CandleJack
4 May 2009, 05:52pm
What objective are they not doing?

Surfing is Usually the objective i believe, also some maps have a bomb area

Dracula
4 May 2009, 06:07pm
Surfing is Usually the objective i believe, also some maps have a bomb area

Sorry to say but besides on skill maps you HAVE TO KILL THE OTHER TEAM, now if the person is basiclly glitched himself into a spot where he is untouchable like litterly there is no way to shoot him then yes. But normally even the best camper aint hard to kill Paul used to rape me even when I camped tele's on 10x Final ect.

Bad Dog
4 May 2009, 06:34pm
I have HEARD admins say that camping IS allowed on surf, if an admin slays/kills you then you can either deal with it and rejoin OR you can inform him on his wrong doing but i am like SURE you can camp on it..if your that much of a pussies to need to :P

Suri
6 May 2009, 07:53am
Read the MOTD. There is not a no camping rule. So admins should not be punishing people for camping.

Jaffa
6 May 2009, 08:17am
What about if we take no action except asking in admin chat not to camp?